Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,599 members, 7,951,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

Honest Taxi Driver Rewarded Less Than $3 For Returning $10,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Honest Taxi Driver Rewarded Less Than $3 For Returning $10,000 (824 Views)

Switzerland Gives Nigeria Conditions For Returning $321m Abacha Loot / Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri / Honest Taxi Driver, Usuah; Okagbere, Commonwealth Medallists, Eaglets, Others Ba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honest Taxi Driver Rewarded Less Than $3 For Returning $10,000 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
“I have to admit I felt a little bad because I spent a lot of time trying to track the passenger down and even spent more than an hour waiting at our office for him to come and collect the money. But I would have returned the money with or without the reward, so it doesn’t matter,” UAE’s the Gulf News quoted the Pakistani driver, Shaaban Ali, as saying on Wednesday.

Ali discovered that the passenger, a Saudi, has left his bag behind, so he had to go in a few rounds looking for him, but he failed to find him, so he took the bag back to the office.

“The bag contained Dh36,000, the man’s passport and some other documents,” Ali said.

In an hour, the passenger was contacted and he came to the office to collect his belongings. “He told me thank you and handed me AED10,” Ali told the Gulf News.

According to the newspaper report Ali’s family — wife and parents — live back home in the Pakistani town of Kohat.

It was not the first incident to have taken place with drivers of the taxi company. Another Pakistani driver, Sajjad Arif, has recently returned valuable belongings to a Nigerian businessman.

“A laptop bag with 106,500 Nigerian Naira (AED 2,480), passport, laptop, blackberry, cheque books and watch was left behind in my cab,” Arif, who hails from Sialkot in Punjab, Pakistan, was quoted as saying.

“We are here to earn our money by working, and not to make easy money. No matter what I would not even consider for a second about holding on to someone else’s belongings,” he said.

Arif said that the next day the passenger collected his belongings and thanked him cordially. He added that he had returned back mobile phones and other belongings to passengers several times before.

(1) (Reply)

KADUNA BOMBING: Okada, Lead Me To St. Rita Catholic Church–suicide Bomber. / Anti-corruption Network Exposes Five Properties Owned By Minister Orubebe / Rochas Okorocha Declare 2 Weeks Xmas Holiday- The Sun News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.