Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,329 members, 7,967,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

Printing Ebooks And Reading Them On Screen Which Is Better? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Printing Ebooks And Reading Them On Screen Which Is Better? (558 Views)

PLEASE SAVE !my Laptop Shows Blue Screen Which Says "Window 7 Has Detected Error / Laptop Boots But Refuses To Show Anything On Screen / Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Printing Ebooks And Reading Them On Screen Which Is Better? by webcalculator(m): 5:39am On Oct 01, 2012
I have finally decided to teach myself programming. i'm starting off with python. I downloaded some ebooks on python, most of which are more than 600pages, i'm thinking of printing it out but when I consider the cost, I withdrew.

My question is, did you print yours out when you were learning the stuff. Should I print them or read them on screen. Which one will benefit me most.
Re: Printing Ebooks And Reading Them On Screen Which Is Better? by Dsage1: 6:19am On Oct 01, 2012
webcalculator: I have finally decided to teach myself programming. i'm starting off with python. I downloaded some ebooks on python, most of which are more than 600pages, i'm thinking of printing it out but when I consider the cost, I withdrew.

My question is, did you print yours out when you were learning the stuff. Should I print them or read them on screen. Which one will benefit me most.

Print them out my brother, you can't enjoy reading on the screen.
Re: Printing Ebooks And Reading Them On Screen Which Is Better? by Maleeq(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
Personally, reading if off the screen to me is preferable.
1. You don't to worry about the cost associated with prints
2. You can easily search through pages with electronic copies
3. Search-able annotation/keynotes is easier with electronic copies
4. Ability to "copy and paste" code sample/selection from the book into you developing area...as against having to re-type it all from prints.
5. Electronic copies weigh nothing...just dump it on the machine you are working with.
Re: Printing Ebooks And Reading Them On Screen Which Is Better? by tessyade: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
It depends on the individual and the environment you find yourself. I use to prefer reading from hard copy but i use the screen nowadays because computer and power is always available in the office here. The screen seems more convenient for me but it may not be convenient for someone else-it depends on the individual and the environment you are in.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On Free Browsing / Compaq Presario Cq60 / Thin Clients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.