Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,135 members, 7,931,877 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:48 PM

Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone (9769 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by HammedSodiqq: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
It is disheartening that people lie even in the face of truth. Oct 1st, a day that requires critical self examination, ethical reorrientation, value reassessment and reorganisation of approach to the realisation of national goal has been used by many to play the blame game, and to further interests inimical to national growth and unity. Gej in his characteristic humility has come out to Say U voted me into power, I still need ur support for the country to grow and realise the Trans. Agenda, pls Come and join me let's do it together; and people are here misrepresenting him, peddling falsehoood,n hoodwinking shallow minded people. Is that wat is required for national transformaation?
Ok let's assume he has failed, he is simply saying alone I Can do nothing. Come let's work together. In Civilize Nation, Citizens celebrate when invited to Participate in nation building, alas, here we are abusing, cursing, lying, defending and projecting heinous idea.
The truth however must be told, the listening president, the people's president, 'our own' has tried and is poised to do more, this is a Clarion call, those who love the country should come out and work. Criticism isn't wat gurantees development.

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by specialguest(f): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
The word " alone" doesnt exist in the presidency... Except if the president is insinuating that members of his cabinet are ghost workers who do not have designated roles and responsibilities? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by baysol: 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
presido retardin, if you can't solve the problem alone then do the honourable thing, resign. Why you don't you share your salary that its too much for you? Afterall, A soth american did same recently. Presidency is not a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by playmode(m): 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
Prayers won't do Poo if you can't lead.You are not a leader,finish and klaar. All you have given Nigerians are promises ,excuses and stories.How many prayers did Fashola order before he started making a change in Lagos.You are the president and commander in chief,you don't need our help to be honest or sincere.I know the brainless Negros on Nairaland will believe every lire you spit because they are not intelligent enough to realize the truth.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Goldieluks: 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2012
If he says he can't solve the problem alone,
i'd help in one condition, i.e. if he sends N30 billion to my account.
thanks in advance GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by bummyolu(m): 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
As far as i am concern, Nigerian president is weak and unreliable. It's time we wake up!
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Biggyd2: 7:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
onye ego:
Are u this shallow minded
Who told u that d president is not working?
D man is working tirelessly to make this country better.
D question now should be; what have u done to better yourself not to talk of Nigeria other than to run ur mouth.
Its good that people like u will leave ur caves sometimes to see what this humble man is doing for his country.
Power,rail,airports,economy,electoral reforms,agriculture e.t.c
D man has touched virtually all
d sectors of d economy and u say he is not working?
For d first time in this country we see highly placed people arrested and charged to court for corruption,ministers resign for conflict of interest.
No president before Goodluck Jonathan has faced the kind of challenges he is currently facing yet the man has been committed to defend the entity of Nigeria as a Nation.
To you he might be clueless,a retardeen,weak e.t.c
But to people like me who will look before we leap.
He is d best president Nigeria has got so far.
my joy is that Goodluck Jonathan is setting a pace for presidents to come, and when he finally leaves office.........
Before you insult GEJ again, just remember that to be Nigeria's president in these times is a task reserved for the gods.

You must be referring to GEJ here as the shallow minded one or was it the publishers of the article?

In the unlikely event that you referred to my post, please read James 2:14-26. How does the passage from the Bible concern you Dear? So were did I insult you or GeJ, dear MPD? Even if I did, I think you could borrow a leaf from what Obama said (who your president does respect so much), at the last UN Assembly. GEJ was at the conference and I hope he listened when Obama said "...I accept that people are going to call me awful things every day, and I will always defend their right to do so. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/09/25/full-text-of-obamas-remarks-to-united-nations/

Do try not to put words in people's mouth. Your opinion does not matter to me. But one thing I can assure you is that you don't know what I am thinking, so stop doing that on my behalf. Like I always tell you guys, I will not come to your level to trade insults.

Now, I will advise you to keep moving, chop chop, you need to convince so many Nigerians and the whole world of all GEJ has achieved so far. Your list above looks very very depressing. Thanks Dear. undecided wink wink.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by coffiah: 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
I agree with you GEJ. The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians. Without character reformation, we are heading NOWHERE.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by olempe(m): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
ceejay80s: U cant solve naija problem alone? Na me and jonathan dey share him SALARY?

grin smh.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Hoodrat(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
Approve youth unemployment benefit and the problem will solve itself 5000 naira monthly for each jobless and hopeless youth will reduce the crime rate, stop allocating fraudulent project we have had enough of that bullshit during obasanjo and co tenure. 500 naiara is a token compared to how much you and your greedy cabal spend monthly.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by spikesC(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
ogugua88:

And there I was thinking they may have been responsible for the bombing near the Catholic church in Bauchi eight days ago. Maybe that was the handwork of Nazis.

OT: GEJ and his use of pathos. It works very well on Nigerians, no doubt. We know he'll need support, however, his methods of solving Nigeria's problems are questionable. I don't know how increasing fuel price on poverty-stricken Nigerians and masking corruption in his own cabinet solves anything. As long as corrupt and unqualified politicians control our government, Nigeria will continue down a path where no real progress is in sight.

Anti-Nigerian, leave GEJ alone nah. undecided
Are you blaming GEJ for the bombing by the BH boys, chai..can you even read what you just wrote.

His methods are questionable, yet some people don't want him to try first. What has he done to you in particular. Do you even know the meaning of fuel unsubsidization. Do you even know the story behind it, maybe you should research more before flaunting your ignorance in public.

When OBJ was in the seat, una no dey talk o. Not even one person was accounted for corruption. Now wey GEJ administration dey point them out 1 after the other, you're still not a bit happy. Pls, STOP SABOTAGING HIS TENURE. It is 4 years only, lets give him that chance. We, here in Nigeria, dey feel that fresh air grin
abeg leave it for us nah, abeg, even if na small small...we appreciate it.

#TeamGEJ
#TeamFreshAir
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by spikesC(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
Double posting...pls don't blame GEJ grin
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2012
spikes C: Anti-Nigerian, leave GEJ alone nah. undecided
Are you blaming GEJ for the bombing by the BH boys, chai..can you even read what you just wrote.

His methods are questionable, yet some people don't want him to try first. What has he done to you in particular. Do you even know the meaning of fuel unsubsidization. Do you even know the story behind it, maybe you should research more before flaunting your ignorance in public.

When OBJ was in the seat, una no dey talk o. Not even one person was accounted for corruption. Now wey GEJ administration dey point them out 1 after the other, you're still not a bit happy. Pls, STOP SABOTAGING HIS TENURE. It is 4 years only, lets give him that chance. We, here in Nigeria, dey feel that fresh air grin
abeg leave it for us nah, abeg, even if na small small...we appreciate it.

#TeamGEJ
#TeamFreshAir

I can read. Can you? Where did I blame the Bauchi bombing on GEJ?

There's timing for everything. You can't wake up one morning and announce a fuel subsidy removal or renaming of a university without backlash. President GEJ is unpresidential.

4 years of tenure yet every year, GEJ lists his mediocre accomplishments. Do you need me to find his accomplishments for 2010 and 2011 and show you the tiny victories GEJ has been hailing as accomplishments and milestones? Maybe you enjoy wallowing in a stagnant nation, but the rest of Nigerians deserve better.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by spikesC(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2012
ogugua88:

I can read. Can you? Where did I blame the Bauchi bombing on GEJ?

There's timing for everything. You can't wake up one morning and announce a fuel subsidy removal or renaming of a university without backlash. President GEJ is unpresidential.

4 years of tenure yet every year, GEJ lists his mediocre accomplishments. Do you need me to find his accomplishments for 2010 and 2011 and show you the tiny victories GEJ has been hailing as accomplishments and milestones? Maybe you enjoy wallowing in a stagnant nation, but the rest of Nigerians deserve better.

So you can't wake up one morning and start curbing corruption abi. This happens everywhere, we all knows the story, unless you don't. The talks where supposed to start on that january (with the people), while trillions were being payed to crooks. That sudden removal is a huge dissapointment to people but still a huge step he has to take as a president.

Mediocre achievements you say, lets agree with you. Achievements and improvements, are they not positive changes? Why are people sabotaging his government, can't you see beyond the media that some people doesn't want him to succeed. Yes, he's a slowpoke, one who has proven to be better than the so called sharp sharp presidents.

Rebuilding Nigeria is not an easy job, and definitely not a day job. If we all could support him or not, but atleast leave him to make those little improvements, it would be easier for him. More resources are being wasted on useless things caused be useless people. While he is rebuilding, BH is destroying.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Godmann(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2012
He was a former deputy governor. he was a former governor., He also was a former VP. He has been close to power for the past 12 years and.

He choose to contest and election and made several promises.

He has proven not to be sincere by his past deeds. The last Fuel Subsidy story and the several corruption scandals.

he opened his mouth to say he does not give a damn about declaring his assets.

Now that he has realized he cannot fool further, because the result of his misgovernance and incapability is trickling in, he is manufacturing an excuse that only him cannot do it alone.

My question is why did he nit say such during the election? What has he done to show serious commitment to the national course?

Is he not just deceiving us in the same manners the IBB, Abacha, Abdusalam, Obasanjo all deceived us?

GEJ is a fool for all I care. He is a lying idiots like most Nigerian leaders.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Israelmossaic: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2012
Only a man that listens and wants to run an all inclusive Govt can urge people to come and contribute their quota to national growth. Good people should take advantage of this clarion call and register their names in the book of heroes.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Joeadamu86: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2012
specialguest: The word " alone" doesnt exist in the presidency... Except if the president is insinuating that members of his cabinet are ghost workers who do not have designated roles and responsibilities? shocked shocked shocked
we are all Nigerians,I think GEJ is just saying that he needs our supports to make project Nigeria work,I think is a clarion call.
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Olanlere11: 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
Well meaning Nigerians should key in, the Nigerian dream requires collective efforts
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by ubandire(m): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
nagoma:

God Bless you . Voice of reason . You have said it all.

Nagoma and Gbawe so u guys are still existing?how has it been with you?i missed u people and ur gibberish,but am still surprised u have not changed much and embraced the truth which is the norm now.

All great leaders who are respected all across the world had the support of their people,from Hitler to Vladmir Ulyanov,from Napoleon Bonaparte to Winston Churchill,these are leaders whose people believed in their ideas and not only keyed into it but also brought their own ideas to service of the nation.The Germans believed so much in Hitler's ideas that they were very convinced they could take over the world and the rest we all know as lessons in history.etc

Recently i was seeing Obama on one of his trips,he reminded them of the old slogan that it's not what America will do for u but what u can do for America,he urged Americans to come together and work positively towards nation building.

That Mr President soliciting the involvement of all in moving the country forward has now been turned into an issue for critics to try and score cheaply,is very pathethic and has further strengthened my belief that there are indeed fifth columnists who have been hired to derail this administration and it's rapid transformation agenda,to the detriment of Nigeria as a country.

If Mr President enforces his ideas on the people these same enemies of state will term it tyranny,ride on GEJ don't be distracted by these devils who jolly in picking out flaws in whatever u do,rather concentrate on the task of nation building which u have started very well, True patriots will see this call as one to service,but blind never do well,pull him down at all costs incurable pessimists will reason otherwise.But let it be on record that when a call to servitude of the nation was made,people like Gbawe and Nagoma instead of re orienting themselves, termed it a campaign of weakness on the part of the president.

History will definitely vindicate the just.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by Omojuo: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
You have my support sir
Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by troy20(m): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=onye ego]
D question now should be; what have u done to better yourself not to talk of Nigeria other than to run ur mouth.
Its good that people like u will leave ur caves sometimes to see what this humble man is doing for his country.
For d first time in this country we see highly placed people arrested and charged to court for corruption,ministers resign for conflict of interest.
No president before Goodluck Jonathan has faced the kind of challenges he is currently facing yet the man has been committed to defend the entity of Nigeria as a Nation.
my joy is that Goodluck Jonathan is setting a pace for presidents to come, and when he finally leaves office.........
Before you insult GEJ again, just remember that to be Nigeria's president in these times is a task reserved for the gods[quote author=onye ego]
Before you insult GEJ again, just remember that to be Nigeria's president in these times is a task reserved for the gods
[quote author=onye ego]
Before you insult GEJ again, just remember that to be Nigeria's president in these times is a task reserved for the gods
No doubt governance is not realy easy.managing ppl aint particularly d easiest of jobs either.bt his position as a president unda a political party we ought 2 hav lost faith with waz compromisd d minute he won.much as i wuld nt put emphasis on his kind of personality which is nt wat we do need, we r unda a tight grip in dis country.wake up! D world is moving fast.nothn is hapening here.he is jst a figure head.ofcourse kip praying.9ja 2 mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone by ShowYourCertificate: 6:27am On Oct 06, 2015
baysol:
presido retardin, if you can't solve the problem alone then do the honourable thing, resign. Why you don't you share your salary that its too much for you? Afterall, A soth american did same recently. Presidency is not a do or die affair.
Presido retardin, if Buhari can't solve the Boko Haram problem alone then let Buhari do the honourable thing, resign.

Presidency is not a do or die affair.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Sani Baban-Inna N2.5 Billion Scandal: Probe Your Wife - PDP To PMB / Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves / Faces Of Corrupt Political Leaders!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.