Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,306 members, 7,977,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:26 PM

Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. (1636 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Image123(m): 9:39am On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
His ways are not ways, yet you keep comparing him to mere mortals..

Y so stup1d?
you remain a miserable sinner till date. If you claim that God's ways are not ways, whatever that means, why do you judge Him by the same standards? you need a good job.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:09am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
My Christian brothers, why do you sin as much as (or even more than) your Non-Christian brothers?

Do you think your past, present, and future sins have been absolved by the "blood of the lamb"? Is that why sin flows so easily from you like water from a flowing stream?

You believe that your God forgives so easily, yet you ado not fear him and the "punishment" he promised to visit on your future generations for your iniquities. Wicked, if you ask me. What has your children got to do with your sins?

- -Exodus 20:5-6

Tsk tsk to Christians [fake prophets] who do not keep his commandments.

[b]Madam Ileke Idi.. The blood of Jesus is the best thing to happen to sinners since condoms.. Its always there for us sinners, has no limitations on the type of sin that it can cleanse, doesnt require any transfusion, is never contaminated with HIV or stuff like that and above all is infinite (never runs dry)..

So now, I can walk out of church all pure and holy by 12p.m on a sunday, Break 11 of the 10 commandments and be born again before 8 p.m same day!!

On our sins being visited on our children... THE BLOOD OF JESUS makes that shiit sound retarded.. So lets say I f[u]ck around, grab a gun and kill off all the Yorubas on earth (which I guess is a sin)... Then I walk into church and go skinny dipping in a jacuzy filled with the blood of Jesus.. The bible says I am white as snow and should I drown in that Jacuzy, I'll be lounging in Heaven with my hommies Paul & Silas.. Now my Kids might be royally screwed because of my sins... BUT!! Then again, they also do have the blood of Jesus available for them as well... So they too can get clean and pass that sin on to the next generation.. [/b]

MY ADVICE!! Better start hoarding as much blood of Jesus as you can fetch...
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2012
Image123:
you remain a miserable sinner till date. If you claim that God's ways are not ways, whatever that means, why do you judge Him by the same standards? you need a good job.
When you say He is good, dont you also judge him by your own standards?

I think you need a good blowj0b... skip over to the NL singles threads..
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Image123(m): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
When you say He is good, dont you also judge him by your own standards?

I think you need a good blowj0b... skip over to the NL singles threads..
no, i say He is good based on His standard.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
What's with your fetish with killing Yoruba people?

Are you psychotic?

Were!!!

Okija_juju:

[b]Madam Ileke Idi.. The blood of Jesus is the best thing to happen to sinners since condoms.. Its always there for us sinners, has no limitations on the type of sin that it can cleanse, doesnt require any transfusion, is never contaminated with HIV or stuff like that and above all is infinite (never runs dry)..

So now, I can walk out of church all pure and holy by 12p.m on a sunday, Break 11 of the 10 commandments and be born again before 8 p.m same day!!

On our sins being visited on our children... THE BLOOD OF JESUS makes that shiit sound retarded.. So lets say I f[u]ck around, grab a gun and kill off all the Yorubas on earth (which I guess is a sin)... Then I walk into church and go skinny dipping in a jacuzy filled with the blood of Jesus.. The bible says I am white as snow and should I drown in that Jacuzy, I'll be lounging in Heaven with my hommies Paul & Silas.. Now my Kids might be royally screwed because of my sins... BUT!! Then again, they also do have the blood of Jesus available for them as well... So they too can get clean and pass that sin on to the next generation.. [/b]

Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
CrazyMan: @Ileke-Idi.
You're entitled to your opinions...

But if you must know, christianity is about loving God and loving your Neighbour,

Matthew 22:36-40. Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If you keep sinning and bear in mind that God would forgive you, then see the passage below.

Isaiah 1:15-17.  When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; Even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!

16 Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong.

17 Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.

Christians who go on sinning with the hope that God would keep forgiving them are like children who deliberately provoke their parents and expect forgiveness. Even a fool would know that life doesn't work that way.

Hope I've answered your question.

Personal question; do you sin freely even when you know it's against the commandment?

Do you wish your brothers and neighbors harm when you pray?
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by CrazyMan(m): 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Personal question; do you sin freely even when you know it's against the commandment?
Well...I'm not perfect if that's what you're trying to ask me.

But as for sinning freely, if I do that, it would be a mockery to my faith. I try as much as possible to keep myself away from avoidable sins.

But whenever I feel I've done something wrong, I would immediately ask God for forgiveness.

Hebrews 10:22. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Ileke-IdI:
Do you wish your brothers and neighbors harm when you pray?
Why should I do that?

Let me use Nairaland as an example.

The atheist in the house can attest to my attitude towards them. Even though the make jest of God and say blasphemous words on daily basics, I still joke with them, laugh with them and even wish them well. You can ask them if you doubt me.

We're all children of God...so I'm in no way better than anyone here.

I can never wish any one harm whenever I pray.
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
lol @ CrazyMan... nice...
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by wiegraf: 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Well...I'm not perfect if that's what you're trying to ask me.

But as for sinning freely, if I do that, it would be a mockery to my faith. I try as much as possible to keep myself away from avoidable sins.

But whenever I feel I've done something wrong, I would immediately ask God for forgiveness.

Hebrews 10:22. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Why should I do that?

Let me use Nairaland as an example.

The atheist in the house can attest to my attitude towards them. Even though the make jest of God and say blasphemous words on daily basics, I still joke with them, laugh with them and even wish them well. You can ask them if you doubt me.

We're all children of God...so I'm in no way better than anyone here.

I can never wish any one harm whenever I pray.

Yeah, he's all about love and stuff. Can't think of a reason he'd pick 'crazyman' other than his irrational love of 'god'
Re: Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. by Image123(m): 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
And I'm sure this verse of scripture doesn't exist in his bible.

1John 1:8
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
Why? We should be thorough enough to read the letter to the end. Why stop at 'Dear Tgirl4real' without reading the body and conclusion of the letter. In this same epistle of John, it states more than TWICE in distinct phrases.

1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

The blood of Jesus is the best thing to happen to sinners since condoms.. Its always there for us sinners, has no limitations on the type of sin that it can cleanse, doesnt require any transfusion, is never contaminated with HIV or stuff like that and above all is infinite (never runs dry)..

On our sins being visited on our children... THE BLOOD OF JESUS makes that shiit sound slow.. So lets say I f[u]ck around, grab a gun and kill off all the Yorubas on earth (which I guess is a sin)... Then I walk into church and go skinny dipping in a jacuzy filled with the blood of Jesus.. The bible says I am white as snow and should I drown in that Jacuzy, I'll be lounging in Heaven with my hommies Paul & Silas.. Now my Kids might be royally screwed because of my sins... BUT!! Then again, they also do have the blood of Jesus available for them as well... So they too can get clean and pass that sin on to the next generation..

such a malnourished and misleading view and understanding of scriptures. Like Jesus said, Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

In the old testament, there was no grace. If you sinned, you were gone. You'd be stoned, killed. But in the new covenant/agreement, there is GRACE which allows the adulteress to be forgiven, and the thief to go to paradise. But a man bent on hating God would sneer on the two positions.
But 2Cor 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
Like all good things can be abused, many are failing of the grace of God, and many are turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, when they could have been transformed by the abundant and exceeding grace of God. Well, they say, everyday for the thief one day for the owner.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. It's not a wise thing to do okija, it may seem like fun now, it wouldn't be then. Don't waste yourself like the typical nigeria who lives only for today and does not consider tomorrow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Hate Frosbel / Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts / The Trouble With Richard Dawkins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.