Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,688 members, 7,979,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 06:16 AM

Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience (11506 Views)

This will shock your Mind!!!!! / Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
usmanyaro17: This is really heartbreaking if this report is true....
And you think we are joking here?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by alajor(m): 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
This is sick, does it mean that no aspect in 9ja is working the way it should. Anyway,very soon my mother will join me here wey I dey. Me na 9ja graduate but thank God I got the opportunity to travel out.every day I drive on very good roads,drink very clean water,breath in fresh air into my system,never worried about power failure,do not have to bribe anybody to be attended to even though I'm a foreigner,where I know that if I need an ambulance I just pick up my phone and call and they,ll be there in ten minutes,where when u take someone with a bullet wound to hospital they treat u first then ask questions later,where every system is working and every govt official is held accountable for his or her actions. I am talking about south africa. I love my country nigeria but truth be told,that country is paralised. I advise every 9ja youth,instead wey u go dey 9ja dey suffer e better say u comot come abroad dey suffer there. The environment alone go dey cool ur head until u make am. Once my mother dey here,next thing na to marry from 9ja,bring my wife here and raise my children here. I want to minimise my affairs in 9ja as little as possible cus anytime I visit home I always weep just looking at my 9ja. Nigerian rulers since the eighties to the present,na only God go judge una

1 Like

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
smalbutcol: The most worrisome is that the trend has find is way into some company in private companies. For the government agencies that is a norm, it is not a news for the applicants and the most worrisome is that it is difficult to tract this syndicates as they received only cash no lodgement in their account
Yes, though in some other levels. Imagine the Purchasing officers in private firms, short listing those who are ready to play 'ball' for their supply purposes.
Corruption is indeed a cancer that must dealt with in all ramifications. And until individuals are ready to deal with themselves, Nigeria surely have a long way to go.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by bigmaut: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
Is this d price of democracy?we nver had it so bad when soldiers are around,by d way what is d salary of a custom or immigration officer?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by bigl: 1:46am On Oct 04, 2012
Paying d damn N300k or N500k doesn't even guarantee that u'll get d damn job. Some innocent folks have been swindled nice and clean.

D question is wen will all dis wahala end: boko haram, mend, flood, pre-paid job employment, police shootin innocent citizens, rape of under-age girls, etc?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by lastpage: 6:07am On Oct 04, 2012
^^^^^NIGERIA is long over-due for a "Jerry Rawlings-style" CLEAN-UP!

Unfortunately, those in that position (with the requires resources), are so selfish, our own "Rawlings" has been aborted!

That Weed-guzzling "Abami-eda" is according to my own understanding, the GREATEST PASTOR Nigerians never recognized!
He saw these things in the 70's and told us about it in his songs/lyrics.

But Obasanjo not only kill his mother (by throwing her down from Fela's storey building), he also burn his house down, using "unknown" soldiers!

Well, we will reap what we sow.....There is no short-cut to the top of a Palm-Tree!

Please STOP INVOKING God's name in this kind of nonsense!
HE gave us a MIND, a WILL, .....and HE expects us to MAKE A DECISION about our lives

If we REFUSE, that is our own choice,God no send us at all.

Lastpage!
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Adetoyetayo: 6:52am On Oct 04, 2012
And most people they are collecting from them are empty barrel in which they dont have anything upstair. Even one official collected eigtyfive thousand from my friend and they did not giv him work.what nigerian people official are doing is not good[i]And most people they are collecting from them are empty barrel in which they dont have anything upstair. Even one official collected eigtyfive thousand from my friend and they did not giv him work.what nigerian people official are doing is not good[/i]And most people they are collecting from them are empty barrel in which they dont have anything upstair. Even one official collected eigtyfive thousand from my friend and they did not giv him work.what nigerian people official are doing is not good
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Malubi(m): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2012
The worst of it all is in the para-millitary where an IDOMA Man (Abah Moro) is the minister of interior. I wonder what will happen in Nigeria if DAVID MARK Eventually becomes the Vice President as he is thinking of.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by bigmaut: 7:05am On Oct 04, 2012
HOW MUCH IS A CUSTOM OFFICER SALARY SEF?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Lanretoye(m): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2012
Guys, isn't it better you explore available opportunities to secure your future.600k is not too much to do that afterall some pay more to get uk visa. if its the trend,its better u follow cos with time,the price go increase as every thing dey go up in our dear country.

Last week in some part of lagos,pms was selling between 110 and 120. A man came and block the entrance of the filling station with his car, alleging his wife had in less than 15mins bought from the same station at N97.to my surprise,some fellow nigerians came from the queue and started draging with the man to leave others to buy if he can't afford...
If poverty is abject,u fight for life and not right,someone that has searched for over 10years for a job will do anything to get one. May God deliver us from those who are stabbing our backs and rubbing it.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by maclatunji: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2012
taharqa: This thread has bn d most Shocking thread i hv ever seen on NL...am 'talkless', let me go and clear my head

See government lackey forming ignorance of a very pervasive rot in our system. Most people involved in the public service are crooks whether you want to accept it or not. There's even a racket that charges fees for people to have access to the President. Yes, the government will say these guys are fraudsters but the truth is that there's a real one that has access to the Presidency. If it didn't exist, fraudsters wouldn't be able to sell the idea.

Nigeria #Jagajaga

1 Like

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Arsenate(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2012
alajor: This is sick, does it mean that no aspect in 9ja is working the way it should. Anyway,very soon my mother will join me here wey I dey. Me na 9ja graduate but thank God I got the opportunity to travel out.every day I drive on very good roads,drink very clean water,breath in fresh air into my system,never worried about power failure,do not have to bribe anybody to be attended to even though I'm a foreigner,where I know that if I need an ambulance I just pick up my phone and call and they,ll be there in ten minutes,where when u take someone with a bullet wound to hospital they treat u first then ask questions later,where every system is working and every govt official is held accountable for his or her actions. I am talking about south africa. I love my country nigeria but truth be told,that country is paralised. I advise every 9ja youth,instead wey u go dey 9ja dey suffer e better say u comot come abroad dey suffer there. The environment alone go dey cool ur head until u make am. Once my mother dey here,next thing na to marry from 9ja,bring my wife here and raise my children here. I want to minimise my affairs in 9ja as little as possible cus anytime I visit home I always weep just looking at my 9ja. Nigerian rulers since the eighties to the present,na only God go judge una
so in other words you trying to suggest that rather than fight to make Nigeria work, we should abandon it and run to another man's land whose ancestors have worked so hard to make it what it is today. Wow.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by amacastel: 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
It is a terible situation can u imagine a nurse getng wok wit FMC Asaba u av 2 pay 400k or 4gon 4months salary wit abeg I tnk God I no dy do dia nonsense work again iam beta self employed
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by adconline(m): 1:42am On Oct 05, 2012
It seems most of us have been living in delusional Naijaland. Folks are complaining as if they never knew. It has always been pay for hire in all govt ministries and parastatals.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
amacastel: It is a terible situation can u imagine a nurse getng wok wit FMC Asaba u av 2 pay 400k or 4gon 4months salary wit abeg I tnk God I no dy do dia nonsense work again iam beta self employed
My dear, the same is happening in Benin City, Edo State. A Nurse friend of my wife told me this morning that, they asked her to bring N200,000 for a Local Government Nurse job. Where are we really heading in Nigeria.
God help Nigeria! Should I become the President of Nigeria one day, BLOOD will seriously flow to cleanse (Sanctify) this land from CORRUPTION.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by larrymoore(m): 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
Nuezha:
Your friend is an accomplice. Nothing good can come out of him. In fact he's going there to steal!!!
Toyota is made in japan, Ford explorer is made in america and corruption is made in nigeria.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
Money for job: Taming the monster amongst us!
Nigerians, it is no longer news that, when you as an applicant are seeking for a job, especially in the government circles, you are always traumatized as a result of the fact that, the few available jobs are reserved for the highest bidder.
These wicked practices by government officials have been going on in Nigeria for ages pasts yet, the agencies that are mandated to effect a corrupt free Nigeria are feigning ignorant of these silly practices. It is no surprise that, in Nigeria, the more graduates are graduates are produced each year, the more non available jobs are seen.
Now, in a normal situation, as graduates are being produced, so we have retirees being produced with equal proportion, bridging the vacuum created by the retiring government officials but, in Nigeria, we only get to see and hear of new sets of graduates each year, without any available jobs for them. Where is our retiring government officials’ year in year out?
In getting this monster arrested, we as concern citizens of Nigeria must ensure that, we are ready to expose whoever is involved and being used as fronts for the thieving elites. Be ready to make a difference in every singular situation you find yourself. I do agree that, as a result of the non availability of ready jobs, individual job seekers will be tempted to do anything to secure a job, especially those that appears to be very lucrative. Should every one of us continue to feign ignorance, how then will corruption, especially government official corruption ends in Nigeria? We all must be ready to make a difference.
Therefore, as a job seeker, show these demons that you are ready to play balls in meeting every of their single demand as it relates to you paying them some certain amount before you are even given the opportunity to apply for the jobs but, make it a duty to show them that, you want every deal with official commitments, which will includes you asking for their real names, positions, photograph etc. You are only doing this to expose the perpetrators of this evil in the public sector.
This issue of money for jobs is an age long practices in the public sector in Nigeria. Therefore, should any government official feign ignorant of this ignoble phenomenon, he/she is only deceiving him/her self. Due to the fact that, everybody sees these evils as normal, the clique have equally taken over pension offices, making new pensioners to go through hell, before their files will ever get to the appropriate quarters for signing.
In a recent parley with the youths in Abuja for the Nigeria 52nd Independence celebrations, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Matters, Mr. Jude Imagwe, appeared shocked when told about the ordeals Nigerian youths were undergoing in the hands of fraudsters in seeking for job. Although he promised to report it directly to President Goodluck Jonathan, but, I am sure he was just buying time. I am too sure that, the matter was buried immediately he left the venue of the parley. This act according to the youths leaders who attended the parley were particular about the paramilitary agencies that are involved in the mess. They usually collects huge sum of money from job seekers which ranges between N200,000 to N1,000,000.
It was highlighted during the parley that, Immigration Service usually collect bribe of N500,000 from those who want to be enlisted in the service. The Nigerian Customs Service goes for N500,000, the Nigerian Prisons Service goes for N300,000 while the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps goes for N300, 000. These are beside other corrupt practice which do take place in the medical arena, as job seekers are made to pay between N200,000 and N700,000 to get a nursing job. Surprised that corruption has become official in Nigeria today? Mr. Jude Imagwe, have you really reported this case president Goodluck Jonathan, as you promised? See the whole news at http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/48540-money-for-jobs-in-federal-agencies-youths-petition-presidency-presidents-aide-expresses-shock
It was equally reported in an online media some few weeks ago, how one Mr. Akeem Tiamiyu, an officer of the rank of ASC 1, head of NSCDC anti-corruption unit, who equally doubles as an adviser to the Commandant General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps, Dr. Ade Abolurin, was caught at a hotel in Gwagwalada, a suburb of Abuja, “sharing” letters of employment to prospective new employees, who were expected to pay the sum of N300,000 each to collect their letters. The incident, according to Newsdiaryonline.com, happened on the 27th of September 2012, at about 2.00Pm, at Atlas Hotel in Gwagwalada, where the head of the anti corruption unit of the corps was busy “trading” with 2000 appointment letters in his possession. Insiders said the arrest of the head of the supposed anti-graft chief has raised eye brows within the corps because the letters were actually signed by the commandant General Dr. Abolurin. The question now, was the CG’s signature forged? Insiders claimed the signatures were real .But how did it happen? Check http://newsdiaryonline.com/n300000-for-a-job-for-2000-recruits-scam-ad-abolurins-aide-head-of-civil-defence-corps-anti-corruption-unit-caught-red-handed/ for the full report.
Now, if a supposed anti-graft officer in the NSCDC can go this far, in monetizing employment with corrupt tendencies, who then can fight this monster called corruption? We all must make it a point of duty to expose every corrupt practice around us, in order to tame this monster. It must be noted that, even the private sector is not left out of the corruption mess. Some members of staff in private organization do make preference for people who are ready to play ball (bribe), in order to award one form of contract or the other for them.
It is no longer news that, our government celebrates criminality, whereby a thief is given a presidential welcome from prisons. As a result of the closeness of the Oil Subsidy thieves to the corridors of power, no one, I mean no one has ever been prosecuted neither will they ever do so. This is why fighting corruption in Nigeria appear difficult. The ICPC and EFCC are just there doing their own thing while the essence of their formation is suffering. The list of those that have fall victims to these criminal acts goes on and on. Where will justice come from? Nigeria, which way from here?
http://emwanta..com/2012/10/money-for-job-taming-monster-amongst-us.html
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by edoyad(m): 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
usmanyaro17: This is really heartbreaking if this report is true....

The report is 200% true. Haven't you noticed the kind of m0r0ns we have in the public service and paramilitary (including police) . The military and presidential security are probably the only ones who can't afford to carry on this rubbish, or why do you think they're the only ones fighting boko-Haram While the others keep throwing their rifles away when they hear gun shots?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
This is not new, it's been around for a long time in the state ministries and agencies in Lagos.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by MrDon12: 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
genxris: If God in his wisdom didn't make air a free commodity,some wicked cabals in a country like nigeria would hoard it for the highest bidder: some people in government get and sell job vacancies within FG establishments as if na pure water while poor graduates keep roaming about the streets.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From The Meeting Of PDP Leaders From Non-PDP States / Hold Saboteurs Responsible If Tinubu Government Fails - Senator Bamidele / Liberian President Suspends Son From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.