Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,130 members, 7,949,891 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (20382 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 04, 2012
UmericanGirl:

Romney kicked Oblablablas butt with the facts. Dennis Miller said it best: "Obama better hope a kicked butt is covered under obamacare"

Haha, LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 04, 2012
double post..
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 04, 2012
CyberG: ATTENTION: For those who are just hearing about Romney's positions today, UNDERSTAND that he just changed those positions to appear as "moderate". shocked shocked This guy NEVER had these positions to come through his party primaries while debating among his conservative co-aspirants and appealing to their republican "base". However, he has SHIFTED so much and close to Obama's position on many issues, even the analysts and citizens noticed that and commented after the debate. BOTTOMLINE: Romney will say and do anything NOW to get elected! So rightly, Obama asked: Are these plans you talk about SO GOOD that you are unable to tell Americans what EXACTLY they are? Hope none of you is fooled by the flip-flopping, 47% dissing Romney. The comments he made in private are a VERY accurate portrayal of his real thought towards the people since he thought the public would NEVER see or hear it. Today, he knows people are listening and had to say anything to deceive you.

Perhaps, he's just being a politician...

Obama would've done the same thing, if he were to be in Romney's shoes...

BTW, I don't see how you can expect the incumbent to win the debate...

The economy is in the toilet and his foreign policy hasn't started yielding any result..

So, it's obvious Romney's debate would be focused around the administration's deficiencies....
Obama better step up his game if not he's gonna vote for Romney next month. This isn't a talk show he need to know that. Romney is one rude rich. He really did a good job tonight. But seriously Obama ain't doing nothing especially on unemployment. He is such a celebrity president. I'm not sure bout voting for him next month anyway.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:25am On Oct 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
Girl, I was more concerned about d absence of his upper lip. Am I d only one?? Or Mitt Romney does not hv an upper lip?!

The truth is d debate kinda sucked!
Obama need to grow a back bone and Mittens stop peddling the billy bull****. The real winner tonight were the new stations for airing this garbage and getting ratings!

*high five*.. I wanted to get on that stage through my Tv, and slap him awake. Gosh... It was like he was sleeping . Watching mitt romney cut him off while lying.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by dayokanu(m): 4:26am On Oct 04, 2012
According to CNN 67% of people think Romney won the debate
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Alxmyr(m): 4:27am On Oct 04, 2012
UmericanGirl:

And Obama is not a liar Abeg tell me you don't mean that. What has Obama NOT lied about?

I am not refering to Obama, I said Mitt Romney.
Most of the good things he talked about tonight were not his opinions few weeks ago during the Republican campaign.
He was evasive on his policies.
He was not realistic in handling the economy.
He said he is providing 12 million jobs without telling what he would do differently to get the 12 million jobs.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 04, 2012
65% to 25% damn Obama is in deep shit
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:27am On Oct 04, 2012
^^^ Thats because he did. But he didnt win it the right way. He won it by lying, and obama did not detect it which makes it a fair game. That should tell you a lot.
dayokanu: According to CNN 67% of people think Romney won the debate
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:28am On Oct 04, 2012
Cleanman: .this is just observation on world politics..nothing personal bro.

Obama 25% Romney 67% tongue
Cleanman: .this is just observation on world politics..nothing personal bro.

Obama 25% Romney 67% among registered voters on debate tonight.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101: 65% to 25% damn Obama is in deep shit

Ehrrmm where did you see this poll?
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 4:30am On Oct 04, 2012
CyberG: ATTENTION: For those who are just hearing about Romney's positions today, UNDERSTAND that he just changed those positions to appear as "moderate". shocked shocked This guy NEVER had these positions to come through his party primaries while debating among his conservative co-aspirants and appealing to their republican "base". However, he has SHIFTED so much and close to Obama's position on many issues, even the analysts and citizens noticed that and commented after the debate. BOTTOMLINE: Romney will say and do anything NOW to get elected! So rightly, Obama asked: Are these plans you talk about SO GOOD that you are unable to tell Americans what EXACTLY they are? Hope none of you is fooled by the flip-flopping, 47% dissing Romney. The comments he made in private are a VERY accurate portrayal of his real thought towards the people since he thought the public would NEVER see or hear it. Today, he knows people are listening and had to say anything to deceive you.

Changing positions makes him a slippery fish who you cant pin to a particular policy. 98% of what he said today were new to me. Its hard for you to attack him in that way and its frustrating when you try to get him to address a policy he favours and he says "that's not my plan". Pinning him to something he said to the press and attacking him on that basis would amount to mud-slinging which I'm sure Obama didn't want to get into.
Romney, as the challenger had the freedom to attack with no holds barred but I still think Obama was a bit too timid tonight.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Roland17(m): 4:30am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

That's the CNN poll for the winner of the debates.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:31am On Oct 04, 2012
Alxmyr:

I am not refering to Obama, I said Mitt Romney.
Most of the good things he talked about tonight were not his opinions few weeks ago during the Republican campaign.
He was evasive on his policies.
He was not realistic in handling the economy.
He said he is providing 12 million jobs without telling what he would do differently to get the 12 million jobs.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one that thought so. He is so desperate to be the president, and those dumb undecided voters are going to fall for that crap and we are going to end up back in the same poo we were in 8 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Wolf Blitzer (CNN) said so about 10 mins ago.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 04, 2012
The CNN poll I saw was 38 to 52 with Romney leading.

Obama was stammering throughout the debate. His closing was very weak meh.

I mean, the only thing he could do was defend his economical moves.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 04, 2012
I watched this ish because of their foreign policy, I could care less about what happens domestically in America...

Mitt Romney performed well as the Governor of Massachusetts, and he shouldn't have a problem transforming the American economy...

However, his foreign policy is insane...

#TeamObama

I'm out, yo.. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Roland17(m): 4:34am On Oct 04, 2012
With this flip flopping with ideologies in Romney's campaign i think they just shot themselves in the foot, I can't wait for Kentucky debates to watch how bad he would back up his lies today.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by dayokanu(m): 4:34am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

67% of registered voters in CNN poll say Romney won the debate. Only 25% say Obama.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:35am On Oct 04, 2012
I have a feeling Obama would be better next time, after all it was his first debate in like 4 years. It does kind of get rusty after you have debated a while.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101: Obama better step up his game if not he's gonna vote for Romney next month. This isn't a talk show he need to know that. Romney is one rude rich. He really did a good job tonight. But seriously Obama ain't doing nothing especially on unemployment. He is such a celebrity president. I'm not sure bout voting for him next month anyway.

Romney built his debate on unrealistic "what ifs".

There was one point when he mentioned Obama's cuts:

"You cut xxxx, but we didn't. But ofcourse at that time we didn't have xxxx".

I was like, so if you didn't have Bleep why use it as a comparison? Makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 04, 2012
lol, Jim Lehr must hv gone to the same training camp to moderate as the replacement refs. He sucks so bad he makes Monica Lewinsky memoir

look like Mother Theresa's memoir. He tried to stop Obama like 3 times and couldn't!
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:36am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Romney built his debate on unrealistic "what ifs".

There was one point when he mentioned Obama's cuts:

"You cut xxxx, but we didn't/. But ofcourse at that time we didn't have xxxx".

I was like, so if you didn't have Bleep why use it as a comparison? Makes no sense.

But the thing was obama didn't catch it, which makes it fair game.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: I have a feeling Obama would be better next time, after all it was his first debate in like 4 years. It does kind of get rusty after you have debated a while.
GBAM!!
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 04, 2012
dayokanu:

67% of registered voters in CNN poll say Romney won the debate. Only 25% say Obama.

I see.

Tolaaaaannni:

But the thing was obama didn't catch it, which makes it fair game.

I see.

G'night my good people.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 04, 2012
CNN poll: Who are u most likely to vote for, Romney 35% - 18% Obama, undecided 47%
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
The CNN poll I saw was 38 to 52 with Romney leading.

Obama was stammering throughout the debate. His closing was very weak meh.

I mean, the only thing he could do was defend his economical moves.

Sweetie what you have up here is a different poll. The bottom line is Obama is slacking big time. He got low # on all the polls so far. Em Reps are not smiling at all

Who I'm going to vote for is still undecided. If Obama don't step it up, I'm voting for Romney. Take a look at unemployment
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 04, 2012
LOL!
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 04, 2012
CFCfan: CNN poll: Who are u most likely to vote for, Romney 35% - 18% Obama, undecided 47%

My point exactly. Still on cnn and he's getting F on all the polls. .
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:45am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101:

Sweetie what you have up here is a different poll. The bottom line is Obama is slacking big time. He got low # on all the polls so far. Em Reps are not smiling at all

Who I'm going to vote for is still undecided. If Obama don't step it up, I'm voting for Romney. Take a look at unemployment
Are you like this people?? http://www.hulu.com/watch/404175
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by CyberG: 4:48am On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx: I watched this ish because of their foreign policy, I could care less about what happens domestically in America...

Mitt Romney performed well as the Governor of Massachusetts, and he shouldn't have a problem transforming the American economy...

However, his foreign policy is insane...

#TeamObama

I'm out, yo.. cool cool

Shmexx...you my be forgiven cos you don't live in America and may not know Romney's records as governor in Mass. In a nutshell: Jobs: 1. 47th out of 50 states in job creation 2. Taxes and fees: Increased by $750 million per year 3. Long-term debt: Increased more than $2.6 billion/. Google Bain capital and GST Steel as a sample.

1. http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/09/05/governor-romney-faced-similar-economic-situation-obama-with-similar-results/S2cHk3JRGn0hHRnbEFuh2M/story.html
2. http://www.realromneyrecord.com/cases/gst-steel

Finally, you are very intelligent guy but it's a good idea to do some facts checking before taking a strong position on anything or making a seemingly factual statement.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by jaybee3(m): 4:49am On Oct 04, 2012
Scientific poll taking from slightly more republicans hence the wide margin.
Romney did very well but it all boils down to differences in each candidate's proposals for the American people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Nelson Mandela Dead? / Trump China Trade Deal Agreed, US To Roll Back Tariffs In Stages / IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.