Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,094 members, 7,909,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:47 PM

Is Suicide A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Suicide A Sin? (2587 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? / Is Suicide A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by advocate666: 11:01am On Nov 17, 2012
Callotti's problem is worse than previously imagined: she is now talking to herself on a public forum.
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by Callotti: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2012
advocate666: Callotti's problem is worse than previously imagined: she is now talking to herself on a public forum.

Happy Sarraday to you too! kiss
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by jcross19: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2012
Deep Sight:
No its not. It's my life, i can do with it what I please.

That's one argument. Another argument, for those who believe in an after-life, is simply that death is nothing more than a transition to another realm. So what's wrong with deciding to transit to another realm? Must I wait for an accident or illness or old age to take the decision for me? ? ? ? ?
then what are you waiting for , see me ooh ahahahahahahahahaha take your life but don't try kill others when you are ttying to. okay just close door and........ ahahah
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by jcross19: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
Deep Sight:

Da.ft.
is not , since you can't take yours then why advising people to take theirs huh. know one thing your body system was planned by a certain power .so you never make yourself and you can't destroy yourself until the make decide to.
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2012
I bet suicide is justifiable in this woman's case. https://www.nairaland.com/1064308/suicide-sin/1
If not then it is unfair for her to be with this burden and expect her to keep living with it.
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by IceTrice01: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2021
You didn't explain or mention a quote in the Bible were it's regarded as a sin
CrazyMan:

That verse was referring to Abraham...

Suicide is a sin buzugee!!! It is a sin.

The Bible if you must know records well-known incidents of suicide - King Saul in the Old Testament Judas Iscariot in the New Testament, and When Jesus Christ healed a man of demon possession at Gerasenes,

Even though the circumstances of Saul and Judas were different, they did have something very much in common. Saul was under the influence of an evil spirit (1 Samuel 16:14), and Judas had been directly entered by Satan (John 13:27).

And the third case which I mentioned, Jesus had the demons go out from the man and into a large herd pigs that were grazing nearby (Mark 5:1-12).

And what did the pigs do after the demons had entered them? They ran down the bank, into the lake, and drowned themselves (Mark 5:13). With the demons in them, the pigs committed suicide.

Read you bible properly buzugee cos suicide is of the devil...therefore it is a sin.
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
IceTrice01:
You didn't explain or mention a quote in the Bible were it's regarded as a sin
While Suicide is not listed as a sin by Jesus Christ, it is important however to pay attention to what matters where the judgement to come when Jesus Christ returns is concerned. undecided

Since Unbelievers - those who have never been born-again- have no part in Heaven or Hell, they simply perish in the grave when they die. undecided

For those who are born-again however, we will all be judged by the same criteria as put forward by Jesus Christ in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by IceTrice01: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
While Suicide is not listed as a sin by Jesus Christ, it is important however to pay attention to what matters where the judgement to come when Jesus Christ returns is concerned. undecided

Since Unbelievers - those who have never been born-again- have no part in Heaven or Hell, they simply perish in the grave when they die. undecided

For those who are born-again however, we will all be judged by the same criteria as put forward by Jesus Christ in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided

So by this I guess you've approved as suicide as not being a sin too. Thanks
Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2021
IceTrice01:
So by this I guess you've approved as suicide as not being a sin too. Thanks
You should read again, only this time, making sure you are paying close attention to what is in fact written so you can come up with a better response /comeback. undecided

Re: Is Suicide A Sin? by orisa37: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
It's a Sin. You kill yourself and break the commandment "Thou shall not kill".

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Man With Two Faces – Angel And A Devil (pictures) / The Truth About Speaking In Tongues And Holy Ghost Baptism... / Does Ramadan Prove Muhmmad Is A Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.