Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,040 members, 7,946,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

Mayans' 2012 Prediction - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mayans' 2012 Prediction (15752 Views)

Photos From Calabar Festival 2012 / CARNIVAL CALABAR 2012: Post Your Pictures! / Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
shevon:

Please, I don't understand what you mean by encountering the number 11 daily. Can you kindly sight an example?

My Driver had 11 written on his polo..... And I woke at 6:11.... Dat one follow abi? grin grin
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by osram(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
Pls wat do u mean by the 'end of an human era'?
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by felifeli: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
shevon: I am not that religious neither am I a strong believer of science. But looking at the things that have been happening around the world like the global warming and its resultant effect (which some people argue that it had been foreseen as far back as 20years ago) and also considering what the Bible said (I don't know if the Holy Qur'an mentioned anything about it) about the end time, should we also not be taking the prediction of the Mayan's about the world ending by 21st Dec, 2012 seriously? I am not posting this to scare people or have some people throw insults at each other or myself, I just want us to reason along the line of logic. Your comments please.

If you believe then it will end .. for YOU. undecided
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by mikron(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
well agreed the mayans from my little research and a couple of videos i ve watched about these people's predictions shld not be ignored but having said that as a chriatian i believe in totality about wat i read in my bible about the end of time. The world is definitely coming to an end but the time and hour no man knoweth. If u guys believe it is dec 2012 that is 2 mnths away then it is obvious you re making God a liar and the word of man true. Pathetic. Well for non believers like the muslims and atheists it is pardonable but for fellow christians here that believe this trash then it is unfortunate. You just called ur God a liar
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by FRANCISEKE1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
nyameke: Well the world would not end in Dec.. what will end is the current race or period of humanity evolution . The current period which is the Aryan race ( we are all part of the Aryan race ) will end in Dec. and the 6th race it period of humanity evolution will be ushered in. The 6th period will be all about integration and harmony. Humanity will begin to understand the physical and the metaphysical worlds and great wonders will be done and many secrets revealed.

The last race will be the paradisian race
...metaphysical delirium.wake up man.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by AceMiss: 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
You guys should all shut the F-up joor! What's all this crap about or are u all high on cheap drugs? You berra repent and get prepared for the rapture. Simple!
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by superdude007(m): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
that day is my birthday..well, I am on the Lord side.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
All I know is the world isn't going to end this year sha.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by richfaxy: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
Nobody knows the day the world will end. There are just signs for us to see, but the exact date, no man can ever know.
Gbam
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by elampiro(m): 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
The Antichrist has to come first.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by AizekB(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
LETS LIVE GOD TO JUDGE THAT THATS NOT OUR CASE
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Leobreezy(m): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
The mayan calender was just an inane, incorrect way of calculating the days in a year formed by primitive pagans. For instance, do y'all know dat d mayan calender had nothing like leap year countings?(one additional day every 4 years). If properly traced together with our modern julian calender, d world should have come 2 an end 7 months ago. U don't believe me? Just ask www.google.com . Besides the bible says "the day and the hour, nobody knows" So y'all can relax now, k?
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by oradee: 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
nyameke: most of you have been so brainwashed that when you hear or see the word END in any prediction or prophesies all you think about is destruction, wars, end of the world bs. END does not equal or indicate DESTROY and could mean anything. In our case the DEC.21 2012 AD 11:11GMT end is just the end of a human era and another one will be ushered in. the earth is not getting destroyed on DEC 21 just the end of an human era or period. The next era will see mankind do amazing and mind blowing stuff which would have been considered impossible in this current era.

although im not conversant wif this Mayan prophesy, i get ur point.
There was the industrial era which ushered in iron birds (planes) and iron fishes (submarines)...etc
End dont just mean full stop...as they say,they end of something is the begining of another.
I do hope the new era brings wif it the cure to Cancer,Aids,Poverty,ozone depletion...etc
Why do i have a sick feeling the Dynasty of America wld crumble wif it....? i guess its time for a new world power!
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by remoranger(m): 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
nyameke: Well the world would not end in Dec.. what will end is the current race or period of humanity evolution . The current period which is the Aryan race ( we are all part of the Aryan race ) will end in Dec. and the 6th race it period of humanity evolution will be ushered in. The 6th period will be all about integration and harmony. Humanity will begin to understand the physical and the metaphysical worlds and great wonders will be done and many secrets revealed.

The last race will be the paradisian race

WTF nigga WTF!!!
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by toluxa1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lol, The funny thing about all this is that the High King of Heaven, the LORD God will just sit in His heavenly throne, reading all this thrash from your minds and keeps laughing. Eras, Mayans, bla bla.

1 Cor. 3:19 -For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by ololo12: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
The more I read about this Mayan stuff. The more I get scared and have goose pimples all over my body!
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by 9jagobetta: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote author=nyameke]most of you have been so brainwashed that when you hear or see the word END in any prediction or prophesies all you think about is destruction, wars, end of the world bs. END does not equal or indicate DESTROY and could mean anything. In our case the DEC.21 2012 AD 11:11GMT end is just the end of a human era and another one will be ushered in. the earth is not getting destroyed on DEC 21 just the end of an human era or period. The next era will see mankind do amazing and mind blowing abeg you dey make plenty sense dear
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by putro(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
oradee:

although im not conversant wif this Mayan prophesy, i get ur point.
There was the industrial era which ushered in iron birds (planes) and iron fishes (submarines)...etc
End dont just mean full stop...as they say,they end of something is the begining of another.
I do hope the new era brings wif it the cure to Cancer,Aids,Poverty,ozone depletion...etc
Why do i have a sick feeling the Dynasty of America wld crumble wif it....? i guess its time for a new world power!
better start praying such new world power never emerge, cos its obviously china and I can tell you their era will be worst as compared to previous era.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by sucrecandy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
You know my birthday is 22nd December, to think i would be celebrating my first celestial birthday in heaven is beyond ....
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
Well I always say, don't be bothered by wether the world would end in 2012, but be bothered by revelation 20:12

We see things happening these days. RFIDs, and the likes.
Rapture comes first followed by the antichrist who would establish a one-world government. Then the first tribulation which would last gor 3 and half years. The second tribulation which is rather intense and called the great tribulation and lasts for 3 and half years
Next is the battle against the antichrist which would occur at meggido.
After this is d second coming of Jesus christ, all eyes will behold his presence.
He comes to stay for a thousand years...and the antichrist bound in d bottomless pit. Prepare to meet thy God.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
Its no news today that Jesus is coming and its no news that there's been some talks about the world ending in december 21. 2012. Yeah I know what you are thinking..liesss.
The mayans have predicted for a time now that a catastrophic event would happen exactly dec, 21 third year. The mayans have the most precise calendar in the world. And according to the mayan calendar. It ends on dec, 21 st
Coincidentally, NASA has also predicted a firery explosion at around that time(date not certain) that a planetary body "comet nubis" would collode with the earth resulting in 1/3rd of the earth being damaged by fire. Not forgetting malachi 4:1 the world before being destroyed by water and d world now would be destroyed by fire...
Also, it is said that iran nuclear threat also poses a catastophe too.
My beloved friends, do not worry about december 2012, but have a great concern about REVELATION 20:12...

Obama has made gardening illegal in the states now meaning citizens have to depend on the govt. For food.. Isn't it ridiculous, people being arrested for growing their own gardens.
#also another bill was passed which says every u.s citizen must have d RFID chips implanted *on their forehead or in the right hand(666 in disguise) revelation 13:16-18...
#420 world largest banks of the institute of international finance has issued a call for one-world global currency. Imagine even in Nigeria, CBN has started merging banks together till we have one or two banks in Nigeria. And soon we shall be spending the one currency.
All these maybe lies but I tell you REV.22:12. Behold I come quickly and my reward is with me...
If you miss the rapture, it will be a literal hell on earth..you don't want to be in. Jesus is coming before d destruction of d earth takes place to take his beloved. May d grace to abide and be faithful and watchful may God grant to us IJN

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2012
greateros:

sir, we are not part of the aryan race. in fact, claiming that blacks are part of the aryan race might have gotten you hanged during nazi era!

we are referred to as afrikanishe nega race.

aryan race or any race issues has nothing to do with mayan predictions.

visit the below link for details on aryan race.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Aryan_race
we all are bro. every human on earth from the beginning of this era ( 1BC) till date has been part of the Aryan race. we were in the Aryan race/period when blacks or dark skin people dominated the world once a upon time and we are the Aryan race now when "whites" are dominating world affairs. white people claiming the title does not change the facts. This Aryan thing is not important though so this will be my last response on this.

below are the root races and ages of mankind:

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2012
It is speculated that the 13th Bak'tum as indicated by the Mayan calender abruptly ending on the 21/12/12 signifies the return of Kulkulkan the serpent headed god of the Mayans; Some scientists are of the school that it represents an end to a long count circle of 13,500yrs in which the solar system enters the center of our galaxy and which is represented by the constelation ophiocus (the serpent), its portent is that due to the alignment of major solar denizens, their cummulative effect on the Earth may result in the escalation of unprecedented occurrences both in weather anomalies and upheavals within the Earth (Volcanoes, Earthquakes etc).
Personally, I suspect it marks the return of the Nephilims or the Orisas in Yoruba folklore, remember when the Orisas left, they indicated that they will be returning when the time is right, this is the time as indicated...and mens hearts shall fail them from beholden those things which are coming upon the Earth.

It is not an instant occurrence as one would suppose from descriptions of the Apocalypse as described b mainstream Christians, it is a gradual process which has been set in place since the time of Christ, for even then it was stated that the spirit of the Antichrist is even now at work, any wonder that Transhumanism has gone mainstream and the bombardment of our senses by Hollywood with movies depicting supermen or those whom the Bible described as the Might men of valour and the heros of old, who also is refered to by the Greeks as the Titans.

In black operations everywhere in the world, godless men are sharppenning their skills in the art of crossing species the objective of which is to create super soldiers with superior senses than that which the Lord God had made and pronounced good, but observe, that as stated by the Ecclesiaste that which was once shall again be nothing is new under the Earth, he Jasher not report, that men did teach the mixing of species in order to thereby provoke the Lord? But these so called Scientists work not of their own will, the spirit of iniquity doth moves them.

My advise is cling to the Lord Jesus with all your might and all your soul for the time is neigh; did he not say that his return shall be as unto the days of Noah? What were the peculiarities of the days of Noah? Gen 6vs1 The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair and they took for themselves all of whom they desired, their offsprings became the giants nephilims for whom God led the children of Israel to massacre during their 40yrs sojourn in the wilderness of dudael.....

The matter is long my case is not rested
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by sirsilentwalker: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2012
Shaw007: Well just for the fun of it. . .i would like it 2 be the way it was exactly in dat '2012' movie. .even though i'm nt Bill gates or buffet and no €1bn for a ticket or 2,i'm stIll getting on the Arkgringringrin
but d unforturnate thing is dt u dnt even knw d location of the ark, lol
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by fredo85(m): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
The Long Count Calendar represents a cycle of
time that is approximately 5,125 years, ending
with the 13th cycle (Bahaou). Each cycle lasts
about 394 years or 144,000 days. Currently,
we are in the 12th Baktun, which will end on
December 20, 2012 or the Mayan Calendar
date of 13.0.0.0.0. The Bahaou can be
understood in terms of our own age; when we
turn 12, we are actually moving into our 13th
year or cycle, having already lived 12 years.
When we fulfill our 12 years (Baktun) we
become 13.
The Long Count Calendar date starts on August
11, 3114 B.C. although the calendar itself was
not in existence until 2,100 years ago, when it
was calculated and invented. The day also
coincided with a conjunction to the star Sirius.
The Mayans believed that there were five great
ages and we live in the last one. The
combination of each great age represents
approximately 26,000 years, or one precession
of the equinox, starting and terminating at the
winter solstice when the sun conjoins the
galactic center; an event that only occurs once
every 26,000 years.
This conjunction is encoded into their
mythology and sacred sites. The Mayans
believe that this alignment is responsible for
great evolutionary leaps tied to major cosmic
births, transformations, and a shifting of the
hemispheres of the planet and all life.
The understanding of the nature of the
precession was a major theme in all of the
Mayan shamanic rituals, as well as central to
their astronomical teachings and the building
of their sacred sites. In Chichen Itza, the
ballcourt will be the central stadium, or front
row seat of the planet, for watching this event
transpire, and experiencing this
transformation in December, 2012. :PThe Long Count Calendar represents a cycle of
time that is approximately 5,125 years, ending
with the 13th cycle (Bahaou). Each cycle lasts
about 394 years or 144,000 days. Currently,
we are in the 12th Baktun, which will end on
December 20, 2012 or the Mayan Calendar
date of 13.0.0.0.0. The Bahaou can be
understood in terms of our own age; when we
turn 12, we are actually moving into our 13th
year or cycle, having already lived 12 years.
When we fulfill our 12 years (Baktun) we
become 13.
The Long Count Calendar date starts on August
11, 3114 B.C. although the calendar itself was
not in existence until 2,100 years ago, when it
was calculated and invented. The day also
coincided with a conjunction to the star Sirius.
The Mayans believed that there were five great
ages and we live in the last one. The
combination of each great age represents
approximately 26,000 years, or one precession
of the equinox, starting and terminating at the
winter solstice when the sun conjoins the
galactic center; an event that only occurs once
every 26,000 years.
This conjunction is encoded into their
mythology and sacred sites. The Mayans
believe that this alignment is responsible for
great evolutionary leaps tied to major cosmic
births, transformations, and a shifting of the
hemispheres of the planet and all life.
The understanding of the nature of the
precession was a major theme in all of the
Mayan shamanic rituals, as well as central to
their astronomical teachings and the building
of their sacred sites. In Chichen Itza, the
ballcourt will be the central stadium, or front
row seat of the planet, for watching this event
transpire, and experiencing this
transformation in December, 2012.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by fredo85(m): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by CzarChris(m): 8:55am On Oct 08, 2012
I've read so much of this Mayan ish, new human era BS, blah, blah, blah. And frankly i don't give a fly Fuuckk, if the world wants to end now or whatever, if s.h.ii.t's going to happen let it happen. I ain't scared, everybody's gonna die 1way or the other. But what I was expecting to hear 4rm u guys was the question: if the mayans and incas knew so much about the future, how come they couldn't save themselves when their spanish colonial masters, who almost decimated them and cartered away their valuables?

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Shaw007(m): 4:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
sirsilentwalker: but d unforturnate thing is dt u dnt even knw d location of the ark, lol
hehehe,. . ."In d face of death" my brother the location will show face sharply!!gringrin
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Blyss: 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Shollypopz: On the 22nd of Dec, I'll make sure I come back to this thread to laugh my a*ss out!! grin grin grin

You better make that the 23rd of Dec. The world can end at any time during the day of the 22nd of Dec., so you'd look pretty silly celebrating on here prematurely.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by shevon: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2012
To think today is the 23rd of Dec 2012 and I'm still discussing this topic. I beg, make I go catch my UK used chicken whey run jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny yoruba Names And Their Meanings / Should Onitsha Igbo Be Igbo Izugbe? / Non-verbal communication that is considered offensive to Nigerians.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.