Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,935 members, 7,909,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:26 AM

Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls (10792 Views)

Top 10 Funniest Replies To why Didn't You Go To Church Today (Hillarious Photos) / Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Lets get straight to the root. It is very very necessary for you to learn the language of your husband. I feel you resent the language and this is going to not only present the problems of today, but the future as pertains culture. Learn the Ghanian dialect, I assume you love your husband, so you need to love his people too. I know nothing about church and their dogma, seems to be a lot of supra-brainwashing in Religion but I assume if you learn the language, everything will fall in place, including your religious soup.
I think u're even funnier dan mrs omo alata
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 05, 2012
I am a Nigerian living in Ghana. Even here they have English interpreters. Everyman has to work out personally his/her salvation. The church should get an english interpreter.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by ITbomb(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2012
Omo Alata: Hello everybody

They sing, pray, preach, give their testimonies, everything in the Ghanaian language. We sit there like dummies. My older kids (teenagers) have stopped attending as "we don't hear what they are saying".
Sorry this is long smiley
It just freak me out to realise that you could not bring up ur kids to speak and understand their father's language.
#ASYOUMAKEYOURBED...
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by akorlade(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2012
I hear people speaking of compromise. Compromise in the service of GOD? if you start now then there will be many more to come when oga becomes a pastor.
The whole essence of true fellowship and worship would be lost if you are doing it to please your spouse and his spectators.

2 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by tpia5: 7:32am On Oct 05, 2012
ITbomb:
It just freak me out to realise that you could not bring up ur kids to speak and understand their father's language.
#ASYOUMAKEYOURBED...

shouldnt the father have taught both the wife and kids his language if it was important to him?

how will she teach a language she doesnt speak?

7 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by babseg(m): 7:33am On Oct 05, 2012
Omo Alata rodo, see u don't have to learn Ghana language. That church does not even want foreigners.

I don't know why they are refusing to speak English when Ghana's official language is English.

As a pastor's wife to be advice them to get English interpreter that this will even make the church to grow and more diverse.

2 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by bknight: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2012
solidbroda: ...You should try and stay where your husband is, else, you might start smelling rat behind your back.

Solid advice. A rat might sneak into ur home. And of course in their typical destructive style, eat up everything u have built up

when a u let a she-rat d tiniest hole, she'd sneak in and voila! lay u a black ghanaian protege of ur hubby. Pls be surprised when d church gives d rat their support undecided
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by freecocoa(f): 7:41am On Oct 05, 2012
Its just like one church near my house, they do everything in their efik language, I love how their music sound and I sometimes dance to it in my room, I was tempted to attend their service one sunday but when I remembered they only use their language to communicate I was discouraged.
I often wonder why some churches do that and concluded they simply don't want outsiders.
OP I don't know why you should keep attending when you know nothing about what happens there, its nice to learn your hubby's language but even that would take sometime so i suggest you keep going to MFM and the Ghanaian church if you can, just let your hubby know you are making an effort to learn his language.
Btw Such churches are usually racist or tribalistic cos i see no reason why they won't speak a generally aCcepted and understood language.

2 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by ecolime(m): 7:41am On Oct 05, 2012
I like your username grin. You are such a funny woman.. Your comments are really rib-cracking. Well, I think you should talk to your husband on convincing the church to get an interpreter, not just for you but for the growth of the church. A church shouldn't be much like a clan in their setup.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by obowunmi(m): 7:46am On Oct 05, 2012
Your husband should be your priority get with the program. If you are a "real" christian, his church should be your first but not only option. Be supportive of your partner.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 05, 2012
Thumbs up If you stopped reading when you saw "My Husband is a ghanaian"!!!
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 05, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by DonaldGenes(m): 7:54am On Oct 05, 2012
Eyaaaaaa Madam i see no reason you bothering your head over this seemingless issh,albeit,let me ask you,will your Husband make you go to heaven?simple leave to a church you can undastand the living word of God forget Your Husby jor.gbam!
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by tpia5: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2012
engineerd: Thumbs up If you stopped reading when you saw "My Husband is a ghanaian"!!!

i almost quit the thread but decided to stay and show some support to my nigerian sister.

cant abandon someone just for marrying a Ghanaian man- after all, its not a crime. Besides, he might have been raised in nigeria or have nigerian relatives.

but if they are ok with each other, wetin be my own sha.

hope the guy can at least speak some yoruba by now, or shouldnt he learn the language.

1 Like

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by megareal: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2012
Am more interested in your spiritual well being than you pleasing a mob that cannot even accept outsiders. Moreover your hubby's behaviour smacks of insensitivity cos he should understand what you are facing and should have made ample provision for that by either teaching you the language or introducing the idea of interpreters to the church. Asking you to just echo and chorus amen shows he as a pastor is not even interested in his wife's spiritual needs. I think you should go where you are best fed until your hubby's church wake from their slumber and start welcoming outsiders or until you learn the language enough to join them. Either way, make your husband see reason. Afterall, change starts with one man. You may be the catalyst for their much needed change.

6 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by stagger: 8:08am On Oct 05, 2012
Get your husband to ask the church board to introduce interpreters.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by BlackBaron: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2012
Why making snide comments bout the OP marrying a Ghanaian. undecided (No class)

Some posters have offered good advice...good if you stick by your husband's side and maybe some sort of common ground. No point breaking a good home cos of which church to attend.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by charlsecy4(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2012
miomonio: @ Omo Alata. Etise!. Is that all? Charlie, abeggy go learn Ghana jor. Nante yiyie wink

I appreciate your comment, but you didn't have to quote all the post.

@OP
Yes, learning the Ghanaian language is not out of order.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2012
Pls wen it cms to salvatn,therez no sentiment.evn if u put interest n d language ur kds wnt, dnt work urslf up.did ur husbnd get a divne revelatn 2 b a pastor dere, he cn pastor in anoda church.if not u guys shuld go to a church where u 2 nd ur kds especialy wuld hear frm God.if not as they grow up they wuld b far frm God cos u 2 didnt do ur part well cos of sentiments.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2012
obowunmi: Your husband should be your priority get with the program. If you are a "real" christian, his church should be your first but not only option. Be supportive of your partner.
na lie o.God na em cm 1st.u go suport am go hell den he wl go 2 heaven.abeg salvatn is mre impo dan any man.if nt 4 ha 4 ha kds.wen dey becme wayword wat wl happen.d word of God is impo.in d work of God u dnt nid support.God supports.2 m mynd jus dnt soil d marriage but make sure ur kds nd u get close 2 Yahweh by d word.faith cms 2ru d word of God nt d language or any man

1 Like

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by ITbomb(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:

shouldnt the father have taught both the wife and kids his language if it was important to him?

how will she teach a language she doesnt speak?
I doubt if she ever make any effort to learn the language. I also doubt if she can even speak her own
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by simcare: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2012
Madam, discuss this with your husband, let her know your feelings. He supposed to be the priest of the family first and after that of wcc or what you call the church.He is in position to do all that would develop you spiritually and be ready to make sacrifice for this just as Jesus gave his life for the church. so he should sacrifice his enjoyment as per worshipping in a church with his native language and go to where all his family memberrs would have the platform to develop as a christian.if He really loves you, I think doing this will not be a too much sacrifice to make.

2 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Ice4jez(m): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2012
U people re advising her to learn a language some pple use a life time to learn.that church is a big disappointment to Christianhood cos they know what is right but refuse to do it.ok if she just become a benchwarmer .what about the kids?.u think dey too will just seat there and cooperate too.make una think well oh.it is easy for a child to understand Der mothers language.where man won get time when all we think is how to pay bills.and u know pastors wife must be fully involved in Der hobbies ministry.not just say amen and hallaluya.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by SamAfrik(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2012
I must commend ur efforts @ becoming a beta xtian. You both shd find a plan for u to balance ur attendance @ d 2 churches.
I wonder wat a church dt does nt use english is doing in London. Keep loving ur husb.
Omo alata = ghetto girl, but its cool.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by ifyann002(f): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2012
I am also an mfm member in abuja.madam countinue with mfm and pray ur hubby to change to mfm.put ur mind to it with faith
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2012
Omo Daddy354:
I think u're even funnier dan mrs omo alata
One cant but retain some sense of humor, I keep saying the day I am not funny, the world should start drafting my Obituary, should I say, Billytuary ? grin
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by freecocoa(f): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2012
ifyann002: I am also an mfm member in abuja.madam countinue with mfm and pray ur hubby to change to mfm.put ur mind to it with faith
What kind of nonsense advice is this one? Why should her hubby have to convert to mfm? As if that's what will get them to heaven, mstcheew.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by buchibabe: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2012
In as much as d husband is d head of d home and ur obliged to obey him,me thinks he should be a little unselfish and worship where his whole family would enjoy d services togeda. A family dat prays togeda stays togeda.
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by naijathings(m): 9:25am On Oct 05, 2012
[size=15pt]Hey Sis. i feel your pain (if this is not some nollywood story).
My free advice: talk to your husband. he should understand that Jesus is everywhere.
from what i understood in this story, you were enjoying your new spiritual happiness till you started succumbing to pressure from the GHANA people in the GHANA church. do you really think the will adjust the whole language thing just for your sake? and you know these church people like gossip so much? and it is bad when you are in the midst of people gossiping about you even under your nose. one day you might find out that you are just an accessory in the church. the popular church accessory called "PASTOR'S WIFE"[/size]

1 Like

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by koolkamzzy(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2012
Sorry maam, i don't have better advice to give.. just come here to LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And i'm sending the "kilo mu Tommy wa" part to my friend TOMMY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2012
hmm...

My dear salvation is personal not a group thing!

The solution lies on five points:

Its either you learn Ghanian language,
The church should get an interpreter,
You stick with MFM and (take your kids with you)
Or your husband converts to MFM!
Or both you and your spouse choose another church together which will fulfill both of you.

But do not and i repeat, do not go to a church where you don't understand nothing,or you are not comfortable with their doctrine in the name of marriage.
Because that is outright "jagajaga" and it only makes you a church goer out to please her husband, while you gain nothing when you should be pleasing God and feeding your soul!

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls by alajor(m): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2012
Omo alata christ comes first. U need salvation and how can can u get if u don't understand d word of God. If they can't get an interpretet I advise u go to a church where u understand d word of God. Loyalty has limits jor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye / Don't Let The Catholic Faith Deter You From The Christian Faith / Crucified Again -exposing Islams New War On Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.