Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,687 members, 7,921,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:17 AM

JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME (25237 Views)

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / JAMB Introduces E-facility Android App / JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by mekoyo(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2012
How will examination malpractice be caged with this system? Its not about giving the exam a name after that of the registrar, its about doing the right thing.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by ultraGM: 11:13am On Oct 05, 2012
Ops i forgot to State this:
Rest Assure, We won't be needing to provide CBT Device for all candidates at once, We are going to Schedule the Exam on Daily basis for candidates so that may take us up to two weeks to complete the Exam, this will also help most late registered candidates from been transfer to far location as they will be schedule to last cue.

If don't get what i mean As Kaduna Polytechnic PUTME candidates, there Tests was CBT and was schedule everyday.
The Exam was conducted by ETC (they also conduct for , ABU, Unilorin and others)
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by bigtt76(f): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2012
ultraGM: Ops i forgot to State this:
Rest Assure, We won't be needing to provide CBT Device for all candidates at once, We are going to Schedule the Exam on Daily basis for candidates so that may take us up to two weeks to complete the Exam, this will also help most late registered candidates from been transfer to far location as they will be schedule to last cue.

If don't get what i mean As Kaduna Polytechnic PUTME candidates, there Tests was CBT and was schedule everyday.
The Exam was conducted by ETC (they also conduct for , ABU, Unilorin and others)

Be like say dem forget say boys body de HOT wen it comes to JAMB mata....all man go wan write same day. Anyway sha Omo Boys go soon de open websites like Pass4Sure or Testkings de sell Jamb cram dumps grin grin grin grin 2013 shall be de year of Mugus ....can I hear Amen someone ........!
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Gwekzy: 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
bodmaxis1:
If you are wise you would not JAMB use ur career as a laboratory test, it is better to watch the trend of the success of the project rather than rushing into it. I am sure it is a learning curve to get everything standardized. In the vein of naming an exam style in your name is too local, you are a public officer and coining a name if needed should follow a legacy of the purpose not the personality. Else he could patent the concept first and claim it as Dibu whatever, when will people understand patriotism away from the dictionary?
1 word... FOOL
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Ogetogeo(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
DANILSA: DIBU BASED TEXT grin cheesy grin

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Ogetogeo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
Fynist: Experimenting at the expense of thier Candidates. If to say na thier Money. Dem nor go do like this oooo. Maybe Jamb next exam fee will be #10000 WITH ALL THIS DUBIous Charade

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Ogetogeo(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
bigtt76:

Be like say dem forget say boys body de HOT wen it comes to JAMB mata....all man go wan write same day. Anyway sha Omo Boys go soon de open websites like Pass4Sure or Testkings de sell Jamb cram dumps grin grin grin grin 2013 shall be de year of Mugus ....can I hear Amen someone ........!

Its obvious you have not undertaken any CBT before, if you have you would know that the systems are programmed.

The level of ignorance being exhibited on this thread is alarming, little wonder our education system is in shambles. cry cry
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by remmyton(f): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
ujchief: Hahahahaha... Dibu based test... Hahahaha, i hav to stop opening Nl while at work, i could get sacked oneday... hahahaha.

Be very prepared cos NL won't stop making rib cracking threads. Hahahahahahahaaaaa
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Abbycite(m): 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
Oluwadare: I too gbadun that cbt test of a thing, enough ground and option to do our things if u are a soji guy only Ni shao.

Hmmmn....u're definitely a soji guy! But how come u've being patronizing dis body for years....they are even planning to give u ur promo next year...
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by tobainozibah: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=Ariyke]prof dibu...lols
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by saleeh: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
naija students we go 4d CBT...forget, dem go hack'em...
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by ifynwa2007: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
they are some centres that dont have light, what will happen to the rural pple that dont know how to operate computer.
we have to think before we do some thing ooooooooooooo
maybe the think education is meant for the rich
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by klam(f): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
The CBT method is ok if Nigeria have the money for millions of laptops.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by gossips(f): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
I can understand the PPT and CBT options though I'm a bit sceptical about the latter, but the DBT? What's that?
What special benefit does it come with that the first two haven't catered for? Questions on the computer and answers on paper, then papers get graded same way as the PPT's? Is this supposed to save cost and time at the end of the day? Or was this intended just for the heck of initiating something? Somebody, plsss help me here! Cos I'm still scratching my head for the logic behind this.

What I expect from the Registrar of JAMB is to work on perfecting the whole process of registering for JAMB exams to the writing of it, checking of results and dispatching of slips to candidates. And also making an effort to fix their website for easy access. Rather than being in a hurry to glorify himself over some lousy 2-penny "stunt" that will further stretch the already impoverished pockets of parents and guardians. Mtschewww!
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by deenlight: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ogetogeo:

Its obvious you have not undertaken any CBT before, if you have you would know that the systems are programmed.

The level of ignorance being exhibited on this thread is alarming, little wonder our education system is in shambles. cry cry

Don't mind them, the exam can be done locally without connecting to the internet. All the computer systems will be networked pointing to a local server containing the questions and candidates personal data. Is difficult to cheat because the questions will be randomly generated with the time by the system. This can be done in the exiting computer centers in various higher institutions.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by otigainspires(m): 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
thieves!!!
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Shaw007(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
Abbycite:

Hmmmn....u're definitely a soji guy! But how come u've being patronizing dis body for years....they are even planning to give u ur promo next year...
GUYYYYgringringrin
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
dibu based , hahahahahhahhh, nairaland, city for laughter, education, enlinghtment, hapiness, making friend, learning, etc
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by ziccoit: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
obi123:

DAFT is an understatement,why 3 options ? what is the point of the DBT? so you get the questions online , then you provide the answers on paper,then you have the normal paper based one , then you also have computer based one where both are done online .All this just so that when the time comes for allocation of funds to implement it, there can be more than one way of stealing money .

Are you a Nigerian living here with us and following the events as they unfold?

Do you know what this man has done, since his inception, to improve JAMB efficiency?

Do you know if we want to employ the comparative rule of English grammar,CBT will the be cheapest follow by DBT and PPT in that order?

The man is working. He has achieved a lot.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by nas00(m): 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
The two most important factors that determine the success of any candidate in an exam like JAMB are:

1. Speed: You must be able to answer preferably ALL questions within the limited time provided (Usually 45mins for 50 questions in my time)
2. Accuracy: While you are working fast to beat time, at the same time, you need a high level of precision (esp if solving mathematics, physics or chemistry calculations)

Based on the afore-mentioned, my thoughts:

1. Except additional time is alloted, the CBT will further reduce the time each student has to solve questions, which is not desirable.
All the seconds wasted in scrolling and shifting view from screen to paper are PRECIOUS.

2. The CBT is a nice idea, but all possible shortcomings in terms of system software, necessary hardware, proper student orientation and the time factor I pointed out (amongst others) should be well adressed before rushing to execute.

3. The DBT is useless, needless and a two-way waste of resources (govt money, candidate's time).

4. I hope the CBT reduces the examination cost.
I know it's the common (bad) habit of our government to want to raise the subsequent cost in the event of such 'innovation'..However, that is the reason we pay tax, and the govt should not expect the candidates to bear the brunt of introducing a long overdue CBT in JAMB.
Infact, the paper-based is more expensive to execute on the long run, compared to the CBT.

So, make JAMB 'park well' and execute this well. smiley

I rise!
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Image123(m): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
i no trust this people oh and computers. you can click next and the thing will just submit. Nigeria and its ways sha. God help the exam takers.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
enough choppings for JAMB and mercenaries, a win win situation for Nigeria... legalized cheating via computer.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by sylve11: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
Not a bad move. cool
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by IYANGBALI: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
wandeay: nice one, i know most nigerian students will go for the pen and paper option, but wich one b 'Dibu based test'? lol..
Before nko?na dibu based test you wan make we dey go for,make the man come dey dibulised us?
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by knotty(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
Now that lamidi adedibu and sons now run university admissions, triumph for pdp.
Dibu test is just all about who you know and how many wrap s of amala you can finish.
Dibu indeed
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by bright007(f): 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
No be only DIBU BASED TEST na JEGA BASED elections!mtchewwww
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by milky3(f): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
What sort of 'ORI IBU' based data is these! grin
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by bymigokeph: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin@teewhy. i dey laugh oooo. i still dey laugh.

dat wont na dream
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Seems dis man has changed JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD TO DIBU ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD..He shuld leave Jamb xams the way it used to be jare....
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by liveogd(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dibu
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by emiye(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
No biggy about the Dibu based test, he has given 3 options (1) status quo (2)partial change or (3) full change

Candidates are to choose one, so what is the hulabaloo all about ? People are always afraid of change, i wont be surprised if candidates who choose CBT and DBT are somehow favored with extra marks, they won't tell you that.

I remembered Professor SALIM, a former registrar of Jamb, also introduced the SALIM options in jamb

Where instead of options of A-E in the question paper, we had options S,A,L,I,M

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeyeye Oluwaseyi Is UNILAG Overall Best, 4 Years After Writing Down His Goal / School In Edo Where Pupils Sit On Bare Floor, Mats (Photos) / How ASUU Strike Is Affecting Graduates Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.