Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,870 members, 7,973,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Only Generally Accepted Food (Local) In Nigeria Is Garri - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Only Generally Accepted Food (Local) In Nigeria Is Garri (693 Views)

What Language Is "GARRI" ? / Is Garri A Food Or A Snack / Is Garri Drinking (or Soaking) Dangerous To The Eyes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Only Generally Accepted Food (Local) In Nigeria Is Garri by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2012
After a little research, I found out that GARRI is the only and generally most accepted food (local) in Nigeria.
Virtually every community in Nigeria is into garri eating/production.
I am yet to meet a Yoruba man based in Nigeria who is yet to taste..
The Hausas are not left out.. and the Ibos are also interested.. tribes like Urhobo, Ijaws are into garri, infact the urhobo people fed me with garri for 6years grin The garri stands as best for EBA. na so the thing go dey draw like semovita. Infact they call cassava leaves GARRI in Delta smiley

[Anyone can disprove this, please.. thats if you're sure your people don't eat garri..]

I therefore, urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to consider this with utmost attention, a National Garri Day since its the only locally made delicacy that binds the people of Nigeria together.. In a way, it would also encourage the farmers in that field. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pigs For Sale / Celebrity Catering School / What Food Do You Dislike Before But Now Your Favourite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.