Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,274 members, 7,934,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:09 PM

Fashola And His Ideas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola And His Ideas (792 Views)

Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola And His Ideas by chychy(f): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2008
[b]The other day, while preparing 4 work, i was listening to one of our local radio stations and the topic 4 d day was car "spooling" or "pooling", i ain't sure what d word is anymore.

U know what his next plan is? To place a levy on cars that drive only one person. It might not be effective asap but it is in the offing. He wants to "force" pple to hitch rides in order to ease the traffic in Lagos State. For instance, if i live in ur neighbourhood and our kids school in d same place or neighbourhood, we are supposed to take turns in driving all of them to school.

That is ok as far as i'm concerned but what happens when i'm going to work, market or school?

Yes the traffic situ in Lagos needs an overhaul, but is restricting the public the best way to tackle it?
Meanwhile, he (Fashloa) still drives around town with his entourage.

Couldn't he start by re-configuring the public transportation condition in Lagos?

Nairalanders, ur views r very welcome,
Let the opinions start rolling, [/b]
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2008
If I am going out alone so I have to stop at the bus stop to carry people (strangers) I dont even Know from Adam potential robbers. If I am going to drop my friends at the park after dropping them I must pick someone back right So I have to go to the garage and ask who is going to my Area? I am just confused.
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2008
Car pooling in Lagos?? LMAO!!!! These Molue Drivers will now have another way to make money.
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
Wow, who gave him the idea, that person must be a "genius"? It would work very well in Abraham's (father of Isaac) era.
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2008
mad idea whoeva his economic or transp adviser is.why dont he make public transp free or betr still, develop the rail system. cool
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by deor03(m): 7:45am On Jan 19, 2008
public transport does not need to be free.
We need qualitative public transport. Then Scrap all parking spaces in V.I, IKEJA or better still pay N10,000 except public transport ( qualitative) , then traffic will reduce drastically in lagos.

Traffics in lagos is caused by worked, whos usually carry there car to the office , park and close by 5pm. If you get an alternative for this set of people , then traffic in lagos will be a thing of the past
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by bawomol(m): 8:26am On Jan 19, 2008
lol@making public transportation free. ludacris idea, would u pay more taxes to fund such an idea??

developing the rail system to ease congestion would be great.
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2008
Lagos happens to be prime for a metro rail system. I keep wondering why each governor comes in and goes without realizing how much the state can benefit from a very good rail system. Car pooling indeed!!!!LMAO!!!
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by BabsO2(m): 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2008
The only things that will ensure better efficiency of the little road network compared to the volume of commuters are

1. More efficient Traffic wardens and traffic lights. (No powers to arrest or intimidate, But special units of Nigerian police mobilized as observers to apprehend erring motorists).

2. Minimum Standards for Commercial Bus Services, Optimized Route Network and bus Sizes, Dedicated Bus Stations.

3. Huge Local Government Parking Fees for Congested Areas Like Lagos Island.

4. Lagos Fuel Tax. That is add say N10 to cost of fuel in Lagos to be credited straight to Lagos State Government Account. This #4 will be used to fund #1. At the end of the day people will burn less fuel and even incur less monthly personal fuel bills as they will waste less fuel inside hold-ups.

5. Lagos State Transportation Plan Review and development of Metrolines and Ferry Services to be financed by the BIG Banks Share Capital Funds.

Car pooling cannot work. But the above suggestion and other good quick win and longer term projects will work and make us have a better city people will always want to associate with.
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by chychy(f): 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2008
About the rail system, i aint sure ir's gonna work except of course he spends as much as he's spending on our roads. But then again, who'll board a train?
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by nigeria1: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2008
if he need contact with exim bank president. we have it. on power, 12,000 mw for $2.5 billion. my email is info@.com i want lagos to develop.
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2008
chychy:

About the rail system, i aint sure ir's going to work except of course he spends as much as he's spending on our roads. But then again, who'll board a train?

I remember taking the train when I was growing up in Lagos actually. I also remember when we used to follow Kwara express back to Lagos back in the days. The Rail system is coming back to life, sort of but I believe if the government decides to spend more money on it, he can easily replace the molues' with more train routes but this will definitely take time and money but I believe this, if done now, will pave the way for better systems in the near future for that state. Lagos needs a metro system no doubt about it.

(1) (Reply)

New State: Yar’adua Backs Ndigbo / Appeal Court Ruling In Kogis Case / The Worst Cases Of Human Rights Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.