Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,062 members, 7,970,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:07 AM

Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (30755 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:
You are obviously didn't understand the purpose of this thread hence your off-point comment.

Was this thread about Nigerians abroad and their crimes?

If you are worried about Nigerian image then talk to those criminals tarnishing Nigerian image, don't bother trying to preach to me, got no time for that.

I was just showing you how bitter you're for mocking those trying to survive by 'any means necessary'... If you don't like how they're surviving, keep your opinions to yourself and stick to the topic, next time... They're doing the 'crime' and they'll do the 'time' when they get caught...

Stop being an Uncle Tom, mate... undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Krucifax(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
Health Care

Nigeria, Largest Market for Fake Drugs! – NAFDAC (From the Director General of NAFDAC himself Dr Paul Orhii)
Link = http://allafrica.com/stories/201207180698.html
25% of Drugs in Nigeria are fake! – WHO
Link = http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/25-drugs-consumed-nigeria-are-fake

Security = LoL !

Kidnapping: Nigeria accounts for 25% of Global kidnapping. Currently only behind Pakistan and Mexico
Link = http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigeria-accounts-for-25-of-global-kidnappings-aio/
Armed Robbery: Among the highest statistics in all Africa
Link = http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3692&Itemid=1.

Corruption

No need for stats here!!!! We are always winning titles on global league stats on corruption.

Infrastructure

Deplorable with poor construction standards and poorer maintenance culture
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-poor-infrastructure-hampers-tourism-growth-in-nigeria-/111089/

I take no joy in pointing out the flaws of my country but i think we should be honest when we see atrocities being commited in Nigeria.An attack on Diasporas is ill conceived. Most Nigerians who live abroad are indeed frustrated but not because of the reason you have given.
The frustration stems from the fact that while a lot would like to return there are too many problems beyond their solving at home that keeps it from happening.

How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping the chronic lack of electrical power?
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping the daily armed robbery rates?
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping the none existence of due diligence?
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping Nation wide tribal hostilities.
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping Islamic terrorism?
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping incessant kidnappings?
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping the general lack of security?

Forget Boko Haram, MEND,OPC,BAKASSI BOYS,Ritual Killers,armed robbers and the like,you are more likely to meet your demise from a crazy policeman at a check point or at the hands of a lunatic behind a steering wheel!
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping the general lack of rule of law?
Govt can wake up and demolish your house because of some cooked up policies. Nigerians regularly beat to death and or burn alive their fellow citizens for theft in full view of supportive crowds!
How can a Nigerian wanting to come home contribute to helping general lack of order and organisation?

I love my country but i’m also honest, the Nigerian problem is at the grass roots and it’s in our DNA to deny this would be a lie!
It can not all be palmed off to corrupt and inept officials or violent groups. When these ones are not in action,the common Nigerian is busy extorting his fellow Nigerian.
When there is an issue with fuel even before the effects come into play transporters are already hiking fares even though they bought it a normal prices,same with traders and suppliers of service.
There is no love or sense of brotherliness, when Yorubas are not busy attacking Igbos on Nairaland, the two aforementioned tribes are busy killing their own kinsmen over ancestral land in their villages!
Diasporas are indeed angry,but its because Nigeria has alot in it to be angry about!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by zerocool(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
Okay guys.. It is time to end it all here for me because I am out of this thread..

This post below was just posted on facebook by a classmate of mine in University while I was in Nigeria. He was a VERY OPTIMISTIC PERSON about Nigeria and state of things in Nigeria (6-7years ago or thereabout). We even had a little argument about how things were going back then..

This is what he posted just today (4 hours ago) on his facebook wall. Btw, he is a very patriotic Nigerian in Nigeria and a doctor too.

4 hours ago via mobile
#Thinking about today's 21st century Nigeria:
She's 52 yet

Corruption is rife in every nook & cranny;

Light and water are scarce resources- floods are even commoner;

Intl reputation is @ lowest ebb (pilgrims bein deported);

Sports sector has become epileptic;

Oil-producer whose citizens can hardly buy petrol freely & cheaply;

Her currency, and the economy are nothing to write home about;

Parallel govts being run by- FG, Boko Haram, & others....

Phew!
I ONLY HOPE IT'S TRULY DARKEST JUST BEFORE THE LIGHT/SUNRISE!!

Why then are you deceiving yourselves about state of things?? and saying those in Diaspora are bitter??

I am out of this thread!
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

I was just showing you how bitter you're for mocking those trying to survive by 'any means necessary'... If you don't like how they're surviving, keep your opinions to yourself and stick to the topic, next time... They're doing the 'crime' and they'll do the 'time' when they get caught...

Stop being an Uncle Tom, mate... undecided

I'm not bitter because i'm not the one at the back of police van, i'm not the one with criminal record, i'm having a laugh at their expense. I'm quiet happy to mock them as much as i like, but what has that got to do with you?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by OilSubsidy: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Respect. I love it when you say, 'We must work together to make our country great'. Apologies if I stroked you hard. But I need to always do that to remind us, that Nigeria, will either be our Glory or our Grave. We must build it. There is no other choice.

At the rate at which this nigeria re-building is going it's probably gonna take like 2000 years to reach the level we have in the west. All i can see is one step forward, ten steps backward.

The same treatment that Jonathan will spend millions of dollars of Nigeria money to pay for his wife Patience I can get just by paying €100 a month on my medical insurance!

Millions that can be used to better the healthcare for all nigerians.

Keep deceiving yourself that you are helping to build the country. It will only take another mad president to scatter all that has been achieved. Probe after probe after probe yet corruption still continue unbated.

Truth be told, with corruption unchecked, nothing will be achieved no matter how you or any other nigeria tries
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
OilSubsidy: .

At the rate at which this nigeria re-building is going it's probably gonna take like 2000 years to reach the level we have in the west. All i can see is one step forward, ten steps backward.

The same treatment that Jonathan will spend millions of dollars of Nigeria money to pay for his wife Patience I can get just by paying €100 a month on my medical insurance!

Millions that can be used to better the healthcare for all nigerians.

Keep deceiving yourself that you are helping to build the country. It will only take another mad president to scatter all that has been achieved. Probe after probe after probe yet corruption still continue unbated.

Truth be told, with corruption unchecked, nothing will be achieved no matter how you or any other nigeria tries
So in essence you are embittered because all of us did not pack our bags, baggages and common-sense to go and live in another man's country ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by tpia5: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
those trying to survive by 'any means necessary'.

isnt that the same mantra used by armed robbers?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by lastpage: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
In Diaspora,

*l speak my language, l teach it to my children too.

*Even on a cold Sunday, l dress in my "Nigerian Attire" to church and l cook and eat my Nigerian food.

*I send hard "earned money" to less fortunate Nigerian family members and l do come "home' to spend my holidays.

*I am proud to announce my 'Nigerian-ness" to anyone who cares to listen, despite all the negative info emanating from Nigeria, into the globosphere!

*If any foreigner speaks ill of my country, l defend her stoutly despite the fact that l know we are guilty of some of these ills

*I speak my "English" with a proud "Nigerian accent" and dont pretend l am now "Oyinbo"! grin

*I dont participate in scamming (Yahoo yahoo) cause l dont believe in giving my country a bad name, in diaspora

*I dont benefit from Government corruption in any way, yet even while leaving in diaspora, l still pay TAX to my Nigerian Government, l pay my Tenement rate, just like any other Nigerian.

*When things go wrong in my dear country, l contribute my own "opinion" on the way forward.
I dont mince words, l call a spade, a spade because l think that is the way forward!

YET,

*You think l am BITTER about my country 'cos l live abroad?

*You prefer l bury my head in the sand, like an Ostrich and pronounce: "It is well in Nigeria"?

*You want me to see "blackout" and say PHCN is doing a perfect job?

*You want me to see pot-holes and say our roads are well paved?

*You want me to see Hospitals that have been turned to mortuaries but say our health system is running well?

*You want me to see a government that does not care about its own people, one with a leader that goes abroad for medical check-up while millions of my Nigerian folks have no access to basic first aid?.....and say "Government is trying"?

*You want me to observe Government officials taking bribe for every "right of the citizen"......and l should say the system is not corrupt?

*You want me to see refuse everywhere and still say our environment is clean?

I speak the TRUTH about our Nation and you say l am bitter?

***You cannot distinguish between a "honest criticism of a failed system"......and bitterness?

***You cannot distinguish between criticizing "Hypocrisy, cronyism, insanity and corruption"......and bitterness?

You my friend, needs to examine your head!

The "West" did not get where it is today, by all of them being "YES MEN"....even till this moment, you need to witness the "rigorous debate" that goes on in their Parliamentary sittings".....and compare it with our own in Nigeria where it "all Say Aye" if you agree that we should "double our allowances"! All say "aye" and it is carried!
grin

Come to think of it, only a sycophant will say he or she is "not bitter" at the "state of Nigeria", a country so blessed and yet so ruined by its own people!

If labeling me as "bitter" is the price l have to pay, to get this country working again, then l will gladly pay it............but this country MUST work again, for the sake of our unborn generation
!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
I am a Nigerian in Diaspora.

But I would have to admit that Nigerians abroad could come across as critical and withdrawn (read as bitterness by others, apparently), compared with Nigerians at home.

Not to say that there aren't any happy-go-lucky Nigerians abroad or aloof Nigerians at home. This is just what you encounter on average.

Living in Nigeria is harder than living abroad, yes, but the challenges of being foreign and adapting to another culture can get to you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:
I'm not bitter because i'm not the one at the back of police van, i'm not the one with criminal record, i'm having a laugh at their expense. I'm quiet happy to mock them as much as i like, but what has that got to do with you?

It has a lot to do with me... I don't like seeing Nigerians everywhere as the face of fraud in the UK, when the biggest fraudsters are Whites and Asians.... However, when people like you(who're also sadly Nigerians) find joy in mocking fellow Nigerians, and assist them in propagating the faux stereotype - then, it becomes problematic...
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
You also start to judge Nigeria from a very non-Nigerian perspective (which is not so good) the longer you stay abroad.

Would this also be part of being acclimatized? Hm!
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Resistor: 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
If you don't know the normal,you'd probably not know the abnormal.What you are unaware of cannot hurt!Most Nigerians abroad have seen both sides of the aisle and can now fully appreciate what a normal lifestyle/living condition should be like,hence their frustrations with our leaders,knowing fully well the country is blessed enough to afford same living standard that is obtainable abroad for her citizens.Another factor that compounds this frustration is the ever piling pressure those abroad face in the hands of you 'self acclaimed happy home-based ' to send hard currencies home to meet one pressing need or the other.Lastly,FYI ,Nigeria was one of the few countries with the highest remittance of foreign currencies in the year 2011.Probably we were second to India,yet hunger,poverty,and frustrations still abound in unquatifiable measure.It's only an insensitive being that will not be bothered-----either in the form of frustration or anger or bitterness.Patriotism devoid of some dose of reality is dangerous.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

It has a lot to do with me... I don't like seeing Nigerians everywhere as the face of fraud in the UK, when the biggest fraudsters are Whites and Asians.... However, when people like you(who're also sadly Nigerians) find joy in mocking fellow Nigerians, and assist them in propagating the faux stereotype - then, it becomes problematic...

Shymexx get over yourself and stop trying to convince me about anything.

I will keep publishing any story about Nigerian criminals, if you don't like it then you know what to do.

Last reply to you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Arsenate(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: So in essence you are embittered because all of us did not pack our bags, baggages and common-sense to go and live in another man's country ?
lmao...this is some funny sh1t. Maybe we should all abandon Nigeria and go and join them abroad, then maybe they'll be less bitter.
I LOVE MY NAIJA.
They can all stay there.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by OilSubsidy: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: So in essence you are embittered because all of us did not pack our bags, baggages and common-sense to go and live in another man's country ?

You see, I am bitter and angry with the so called RULERS that will quickly tell you that America is 200 years but will forget to remember that we and China and Malaysia and Singapore are age mates!!!

Where are these countries and we are we? Must we use 200 year to develop our country even though we have all we need to develop the place? Countries like USA and britain started from scratch that is why it took them so long to get there. Dubai is developed now. Remind me when they started again? Now everyone of those thieves aspires to own a house in dubai even though they cannot provide ordinary electricity for their own people.

The other day we in diaspora actually rejoiced when we heard that electricity supply are greatly improved thanks to the Minister of Power then. What was his reward again for trying to improve his country's lot? the SACK!!!!

You see why we are bitter and angry at our country??

Here in diaspora, the natives look at us as some sub-humans. You know why? Not because of people like you who are trying to lift that county. BECAUSE OF IT'S RULERS!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:

Shymexx get over yourself and stop trying to convince me about anything.

I will keep publishing any story about Nigerian criminals, if you don't like it then you know what to do.

Last reply to you.

^^^Good!! I'm not interested in the useless topic, anyway.... It has been overflogged several times, and Nigeria/Nigerians are still in abyss - with no direction... Just stop the 'holier than thou' nonsense - and quit hating on people who're trying to survive 'by any means necessary'...

They're doing the crime and they'll do the time when they get caught... Human survival instinct and the survival of the fittest...

I rate naija mans!!! cool

"If my situation ain't improving, I'm trying to murder everything moving" - Jay Z

PS: I don't condone crime, if you've to survive, do whatever it takes - without violence and murder....
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by paris10: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

Same here! I get bitter each time I see faces of Nigerians paraded as criminals. It violates my peace and makes me ponder the more. I abhor what they did but at the same time think it could have been avoided.

The same stereotype the police are using in catching "criminals" over the world. When you're black, you get profiled every time. The blacks in the UK and US are stigmatized, labelled and disproportionately put behind bars.

As long as laws are being put in place to ridicule minorities, you'll continue to see faces of black people, even Nigerians on the news. Those are the ones who would not settle for the status quo. Not everything that is white is right!
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
OilSubsidy:

You see, I am bitter and angry with the so called RULERS that will quickly tell you that America is 200 years but will forget to remember that we and China and Malaysia and Singapore are age mates!!!
Where are these countries and we are we? Must we use 200 year to develop our country even though we have all we need to develop the place? Countries like USA and britain started from scratch that is why it took them so long to get there. Dubai is developed now. Remind me when they started again? Now everyone of those thieves aspires to own a house in dubai even though they cannot provide ordinary electricity for their own people.
The other day we in diaspora actually rejoiced when we heard that electricity supply are greatly improved thanks to the Minister of Power then. What was his reward again for trying to improve his country's lot? the SACK!!!!
You see why we are bitter and angry at our country??
Here in diaspora, the natives look at us as some sub-humans. You know why? Not because of people like you who are trying to lift that county. BECAUSE OF IT'S RULERS!!
God Bless You. I can dine and wine with you any day any time you are back home, cos you recognize the fact that all of us cant pack our bags and baggages and come over to live Abroad. We all need to channel our energies to criticize constructively, not to abuse. Chastise us wisely since we are not widely traveled like you guys. But for those who keep insulting Nigerians back home as timid, ignorant and neanderthals. And for those who call Nigeria 'Hell-Hole', I will like them to stay off nairaland and live their lives of pseudo slavery away from Nairaland, cos this is Nigeria online. We all know that the owners of those countries take you guyz as half-humans as you rightly said, cos no one expects 'full-humans' to migrate enmasse from their native country, to invade another man's territory. My 2cent is, try to pitch your tent in Nigeria, cos Home is Home, though not so homely.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by babalawo(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
lastpage: In Diaspora,

*l speak my language, l teach it to my children too.

*Even on a cold Sunday, l dress in my "Nigerian Attire" to church and l cook and eat my Nigerian food.

*I send hard "earned money" to less fortunate Nigerian family members and l do come "home' to spend my holidays.

*I am proud to announce my 'Nigerian-ness" to anyone who cares to listen, despite all the negative info emanating from Nigeria, into the globosphere!

*If any foreigner speaks ill of my country, l defend her stoutly despite the fact that l know we are guilty of some of these ills

*I speak my "English" with a proud "Nigerian accent" and dont pretend l am now "Oyinbo"! grin

*I dont participate in scamming (Yahoo yahoo) cause l dont believe in giving my country a bad name, in diaspora

*I dont benefit from Government corruption in any way, yet even while leaving in diaspora, l still pay TAX to my Nigerian Government, l pay my Tenement rate, just like any other Nigerian.

*When things go wrong in my dear country, l contribute my own "opinion" on the way forward.
I dont mince words, l call a spade, a spade because l think that is the way forward!

YET,

*You think l am BITTER about my country 'cos l live abroad?

*You prefer l bury my head in the sand, like an Ostrich and pronounce: "It is well in Nigeria"?

*You want me to see "blackout" and say PHCN is doing a perfect job?

*You want me to see pot-holes and say our roads are well paved?

*You want me to see Hospitals that have been turned to mortuaries but say our health system is running well?

*You want me to see a government that does not care about its own people, one with a leader that goes abroad for medical check-up while millions of my Nigerian folks have no access to basic first aid?.....and say "Government is trying"?

*You want me to observe Government officials taking bribe for every "right of the citizen"......and l should say the system is not corrupt?

*You want me to see refuse everywhere and still say our environment is clean?

I speak the TRUTH about our Nation and you say l am bitter?

***You cannot distinguish between a "honest criticism of a failed system"......and bitterness?

***You cannot distinguish between criticizing "Hypocrisy, cronyism, insanity and corruption"......and bitterness?

You my friend, needs to examine your head!

The "West" did not get where it is today, by all of them being "YES MEN"....even till this moment, you need to witness the "rigorous debate" that goes on in their Parliamentary sittings".....and compare it with our own in Nigeria where it "all Say Aye" if you agree that we should "double our allowances"! All say "aye" and it is carried!
grin

Come to think of it, only a sycophant will say he or she is "not bitter" at the "state of Nigeria", a country so blessed and yet so ruined by its own people!

If labeling me as "bitter" is the price l have to pay, to get this country working again, then l will gladly pay it............but this country MUST work again, for the sake of our unborn generation
!

Lastpage!

As a Nigerian in diaspora I have nothing more to add that to say when you have seen the light you sure must be bittered about the long years you stayed in darkness.God bless you Lastpage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by HiiiPower(m): 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
What's "diasporan?"
I saw more than 50 Nigerian road sweepers on my way from work,
are they also "diasporan?" Life's hard everywhere and we all need
some senses knocked back into our oblong skulls, that we're Nigerians
no matter where we find ourselves.

If you feel "foreign" because you have lived outside Nigeria for a while,
then something is wrong with you. Those from those countries built their countries,
and they will discard you when your services are no longer needed.

Silly Nigerian buffoons!
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Godogwu: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dede1:

You simply can not eat your cake and have it. Why international student if I may ask you? I guess Nigeria schools are better than schools outside the country. If I were in your shoes as you would want us to believe, I had shunned the idea of studying outside the shores of Nigeria.

LOL, I see your point but it's only a fool that will have the opportunity to get gold for free and would rather settle for plastic. What I'm trying to say is my parents know that by having a better quality of education you stand a better chance to survive in Nigeria hence their sending me here. I will always tell people that the only thing the US Can offer me is a better education, nothing else....like c'mon the majority of the top 400 universities in the world are in the US...aside that, I have no business here. Two more years and I'm done with the place.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by IykeD1(m): 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dont blame me ooo, but here is a new diary on Nairaland as we speak:
https://www.nairaland.com/1066657/climate-change-lagos-may-vanish

What should I make of it, should I feel encouraged or be bitter? Can
anyone here honestly say our leaders will understand what's being said
here?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by vanbonattel: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
Godogwu:

LOL, I see your point but it's only a fool that will have the opportunity to get gold for free and would rather settle for plastic. What I'm trying to say is my parents know that by having a better quality of education you stand a better chance to survive in Nigeria hence their sending me here. I will always tell people that the only thing the US Can offer me is a better education, nothing else....like c'mon the majority of the top 400 universities in the world are in the US...aside that, I have no business here. Two more years and I'm done with the place.

WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO SETTLE IN NAIJA?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by vanbonattel: 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
ajileko: Nothing works in this country. Absolutely nothing. It's like whole bunch of animals living in the bush, anything goes.
And please when you travel, please hide your passport.

If anything was working in your brain, then you will stay in Nigeria and survive. Most of the people who leave are cowards. I said 'most'
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Godogwu: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
adconline: adconline: Ask your politicians and their friends why they want to die abroad. Stella OBJ , Yaradua and Patience all sought medical treatment abroad. A Nigerian in abroad is light years ahead of you. Get over it! Their abode is your dream. Ask your politicians, rich and powerful.

LOOL Please whose dream?

Politicians rich and powerful in Naija would love to live in EU/US if they could still be powerful. Why are they buying properties and investments over there? Why do they shop over there? Why are their kids studying over there? Go to EU/US embassies in Naija and see number of people applying for visa. Before you respond, check your gen set to see if there is enough petrol to last you till 12am. Check your GSM to see if there is network, check your bathroom if there is water. BTW, have you pressed your shirt and trousers for work/business before PHCN cuts you off? Is your bank ATM working? Is your bank network working? IS your flight going to be grounded/cancelled because of FAAN? Be worried about you and your Nigeria.
Your dream? Not being harassed by thieves, kidnappers ,boko haram,police and thugs. having a 24/7 constant power,having a telephone network that works, having a bank ATM machine that actually works and dispenses cash-
By living in Niaja, you have sentenced yourself to a shorter lifespan of less than 50 years, while someone who escapes that chaos gains over 25 years.

YOU LIVE IN DELUSION OF GRANDEUR = NIGERIA

I see, you live in a perfect world man........ Now lets get back to reality, and let me use myself as a case study, I cannot and I repeat I cannot be bothered about settling in any western country. Presently the only thing the US can offer me is a better education. Not that there aren't good schools in Nigeria,( my dad studied at UNN) ....of course there are but I still love the exposure and diversity of cultures. Secondly the rich and powerful of Nigeria would not want to live in any western country....they may own lots of properties there but how many of them do you see living in these countries......Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, JIm Ovia......just to mention a few.... Trust me, if you are even middle class in Nigeria, you live a way better life than the middle class people in these western countries. Lastly, all those other things you mentioned to be dreams or whatever are totally false...people have 24/7 light if they choose to, there has never been a day where water didn't come out of the taps in my home and Boko haram is a terrorist group plaguing Nigeria....I don't know how this is a problem of the government or what. People die everyday in every part of the world man.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by ochukoccna: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
I believe the op who started this post is deluded undecided undecided
Is it every Nigerian abroad that is embittered about the nation?
Yet coming from an attack dog of the FG [check his pro Ebele background], 1 isn't surprised sad sad
Look at Nigeria and tell me how many,even from those in the country] not be bitter
Is it the slight improvement in public electricity supply, the improvement of economic indices on paper [at what cost?] that is fueling optimism
Face it, most Nigerians are optimistic [even as the country's hinges are creaking] because they have no country to run to [and Nigerians are ever optimistic of things changing for good thus their e go better prayers]
Also because they lay their hands on something instead of moping angry angry
It isn't because they are not bitter @ Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed
Get that into your cranium if you have one shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by vanbonattel: 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
ochukoccna: I believe the op who started this post is deluded undecided undecided
Is it every Nigerian abroad that is embittered about the nation?
Yet coming from an attack dog of the FG [check his pro Ebele background], 1 isn't surprised sad sad
Look at Nigeria and tell me how many,even from those in the country] not be bitter
Is it the slight improvement in public electricity supply, the improvement of economic indices on paper [at what cost?] that is fueling optimism
Face it, most Nigerians are optimistic [even as the country's hinges are creaking] because they have no country to run to [and Nigerians are ever optimistic of things changing for good thus their e go better prayers]
Also because they lay their hands on something instead of moping angry angry
It isn't because they are not bitter @ Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed
Get that into your cranium if you have one shocked shocked grin grin

Get your facts right, the bitterness is not even about their genuine concern for the state of affairs in naija, its their frustration that some Nigerians in Nigeria may be living better lives than them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
If you are a Nigerian whether home or abroad and you are not bitter that a country quite capable of being a first world country is one of the poorest, then you are brain dead.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Godogwu: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
martinosi:

TRASH-TALK....People like you are full of air!!!
whether we like to admit it or not...the standard of living for the poorest nigerian
abroad ie in North America/Europe etc is higher than the rich Nigerian living in Nigeria

Nigeria has to improve period!!!

" the standard of living for the poorest nigerian abroad ie North America/Europe etc is higher than the rich Nigerian living in Nigeria" <------- what utter rubbish is this one saying?.....please when poor Nigerians in these countries can afford a plot of land in banana island ( that's even too much, lets just say GRA in ph) then you can say this rubbish all day everyday but for now please shut it because you are disgracing whoever knows you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Godogwu: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
van bonattel:

WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO SETTLE IN NAIJA?

Dude I practically live in Nigeria, I only go to school here and as for your question...2014
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by ochukoccna: 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
Secondly the rich and powerful of Nigeria would not want to live in any western country....they may own lots of properties there but how many of them do you see living in these countries......Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, JIm Ovia......just to mention a few....
All those who you mentioned are the elites
Who do you think profits from the crazy way Nigeria is currently run angry angry
There's money to be made in Nigeria[tomes of it], don't get me wrong, but level the playing field wink

Presently the only thing the US can offer me is a better education. Not that there aren't good schools in Nigeria,( my dad studied at UNN) ....
I think that is rather been simplistic
What of improved standard of leaving? angry angry
Except your dad is very rich to offer you that over here in Nigeria shocked shocked
Your dad probably went to school back when Nigerian universities where the ish cool cool
Currently even by African education standards[note African], Nigeria lags behind
All the BRICS& CIVET nations[emerging economies] have globally competitive universities
Check it up
Any wonder they are driving world trade& innovation now that Europe& America are stagnating economically?
But is Nigeria up there with them? A mono-economy embarassed embarassed embarassed
The world is only interested in our oil& large population which makes them money from exports embarassed embarassed
Go figure shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by vanbonattel: 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Aigbofa: If you are a Nigerian whether home or abroad and you are not bitter that a country quite capable of being a first world country is one of the poorest, then you are brain dead.

The problem with Nigeria is tribalism, and you are one of the most famous tribalists in this world. Why will you be bitter when you are the source of the problem?. Look in the mirror son

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Shi'ites And Police Clash In Kaduna. Two Shi’ites Killed, Scores Injured / El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa / Akwa-Ibom Stadium: A Review Of Nigeria's Finest And Best Stadium So Far!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.