Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,682 members, 7,889,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (62247 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
Adeebiwa09: Hmmm, d truth s dat to an xtent drs myt b ntn wrng wt trousers bt mind u aside 4m d fact dat to b on a safer side at rapture u shldn't. Dr s always d chalenge of bin entangled in d decietfulnes of sin. Heb. 3:12-13. Dats 1 tin we nid to watch out 4 ds tins. (WATCH and pray). It starts a litle inocent first suit trouser, then jean trouser,low waist, bum short, jeggins, leggins, panty hose e.t.c wat next and once u start wt one dr s a high posibility n risk of bcmin mre and mre engrosd in it

This is just one characteristics of sin. It starts from one simple one and slide into the terrible ones. Since starting to wear the the so called suit trouser has the tendency to lead to the sexy ones then i also believe all of them are sin. Sin will always begat sin and righteousness begats righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by osaxx: 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
i dont WANT TO START....BUT TROUSER IS NOT A SIN......WAS IT A LORD CHOSEN THAT PREACHED IN THE BUS.......
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by MightySparrow: 9:49am On Nov 28, 2012
Wear whatever you will: trouser, skirt, leather, fig leaves as Adam & Eve were clothed in Eden, and look good to man and acceptable to God. Koba haka ba?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by osaxx: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2013
WEARING TROUSERS CANNOT POSSIBLY BE A SIN.....THIS IS REAL BIBLICAL IGNORANCE...THE BIBLE SAYS DO NOT WEAR THAT, WHICH HAS BEEN WORN BY THE OPPOSITE SEX...NOT WHAT IS FOR THE OPPOSITE SEX.....BOTH BIBLICAL AND NON-BIBLICAL TROUSER WEARING BY LADIES IS NEVER A SIN..PLS ITS JUST A COMMON SENSE
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Neddivine: 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
I attempt to answer by asking thus: Is it a sin for men to wear skirt and blouse?If as a marrried woman ur hubby comes home wearing skirt and blouse what will u think?
I stand by the man that replied its best to avoid it cos if at the end of life God says its sin u're in danger but if its not sin u have lost nothing.Besides what type of women do u regard by outward appearance that they look responsible(by the looks only)? the one wearing a trouser or the one wearing normal skirt(not mini skirt)? If I were a woman I'll avoid it for the sake of the kingdom of God.Many in the past have made more difficult sacrifices in xtianity.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nadoson: 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
alexleo:

Best advice. God bless you my dear.

k2039, ansa'd d qestion corectly
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nadoson: 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Apat 4rm xtiandom, trouses shoudnt b worn by women wit som reasons though it meks dem look sexy, easy movement & some how tougher 4 rapers,
in d oda way round, it meks dem uncomftbl 2 urinate in an open place while skate wil giv dem way witout mindin anytin, tink of girls seatin on a motorcycl & how dey xpoz wot God designed 4 a special poupose, some even wear's d 1 dat shows d whole shape of women treasur hole. Hmmmm, i dnt knw wot 2 say egn.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by paulynpen(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
I wish to support my sister post above, my little experience so far in God service shows He (God) is not comfortable with it, I have seen many ladies who are genuinely repented being warned by God to stop putting on trousers, not once not even thrice, I have a recent one whereby after great torment by the Holy Ghost she submiTted it to a brother herself even to the ones hidden which she did not want to surrender, as my sister has said, to be on safer side let us avoid it, it will not kill us or make us less beautiful. Shallom
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Goshen360(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
Over 90% of Christians practice Judaism, the religion of the laws of Moses and mixes with the Grace, which is the testimony of Jesus Christ. Law was given to Moses but Grace and truth CAME by Jesus Christ. John 1:17
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Orikinla(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
[size=28pt]THERE WERE NO TROUSERS IN THE DAYS OF JESUS CHRIST AND CHRIST HAD BETTER THINGS TO PREACH AND PRACTICE THAN THE DEBATE ON FEMALE GARMENTS.

JUST FOLLOW ONLY WHAT CHRIST PREACHED IN THE 8 BEATITUDES AND STOP LISTENING TO STUPID FAKE MINISTERS OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION IN NIGERIA. AND READ MY BOOK "THE PROPHET LIED" FOR MORE FACTS ON HOW I EXPOSED FAKE PASTORS, PROPHETS AND IMAMS. TOO MUCH LIES AND NONSENSE IN NIGERIAN RELIGIOUS FANATICISM. THE HOOD DOES NOT MAKE THE MONK. WHAT MAKES YOU A TRUE CHRISTIAN OR NOT IS WHAT YOU DO AND HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE. WE ARE WHAT WE DO. OKAY?[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiHGMWVHzo

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Orikinla(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
An ex who never wore trousers claiming to be born again nearly bruised my prick during sex. grin
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Allta(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2013
I know of male friends who wear skirts in Scotland as part of their traditional attire ... esp during traditional celebrations

They are Christians, so does this mean they are indulging in sin?

Also, I know ladies wear trouser geans in extremely cold weather to keep their lower parts warm. I've seen many many devout Christians do this, but I know of Catholics and Judaism females who will never wear geans no matter what. So does this mean those that do are indulging in sin?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nadoson: Apat 4rm xtiandom, trouses shoudnt b worn by women wit som reasons though it meks dem look sexy, easy movement & some how tougher 4 rapers,
in d oda way round, it meks dem uncomftbl 2 urinate in an open place while skate wil giv dem way witout mindin anytin, tink of girls seatin on a motorcycl & how dey xpoz wot God designed 4 a special poupose, some even wear's d 1 dat shows d whole shape of women treasur hole. Hmmmm, i dnt knw wot 2 say egn.
lol no pun intended but ur post is funny
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ewosk: 1:12am On Apr 18, 2013
It is okay for anybody to dress anyhow he/she like after all..it is the hearts that matter abi lipsrsealed... Remember Be ye separated ooo...If the sort of Dressing u dress to church is what is acceptable in Night Clubs it doesn't matter..The Final say still belongs to God....
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Yvete(f): 6:38am On Apr 18, 2013
paulynpen: I wish to support my sister post above, my little experience so far in God service shows He (God) is not comfortable with it, I have seen many ladies who are genuinely repented being warned by God to stop putting on trousers, not once not even thrice, I have a recent one whereby after great torment by the Holy Ghost she submiTted it to a brother herself even to the ones hidden which she did not want to surrender, as my sister has said, to be on safer side let us avoid it, it will not kill us or make us less beautiful. Shallom

Lawd GAd Awwmiddy!! Is this a joke or something? People never cease to surprise me on this nairaland. The Holy Spirit that is supposed to be her comforter tormented her? LOLZ. As long as a woman is decently dressed, she has no problems.

@ Topic: So wearing lacy mini-skirts with no undies is not sinful because its a skirt?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by BroPee: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2013
We are Christians because we belong to another kingdom. We are new creation. We are not Nigerians, Americans, Europeans etc in Christ - We are Christians. There is no single scripture in the Bible that says we must compare ourselves with the world, unsaved, other religions and nations.
God is our King and what He has said in the Bible is ALL we need. He said it must not be done and that settles it for any true believer.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by amanda2013(f): 9:17am On Apr 19, 2013
pls i hv a questn. Wearing pyjamas to bed is it a sin too? Cos i knw most ppl that condems trousers do wear trousers to bed. Pls i nid an ans

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by JstBrave(f): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2013
amanda2013: pls i hv a questn. Wearing pyjamas to bed is it a sin too? Cos i knw most ppl that condems trousers do wear trousers to bed. Pls i nid an ans

let som 1 com nd answer d question o.

Also... Christian sisters goin 4NYSC (& puttin on ajuwaya trousers)...is dt a sin too?

smileysmiley
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by BroPee: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
amanda2013: pls i hv a questn. Wearing pyjamas [b]to bed [/b]is it a sin too? Cos i knw most ppl that condems trousers do wear trousers to bed. Pls i nid an ans

Going to bed?! You know the trouser wearing that we are talking about.

Sin is not drinking, smoking, trouser wearing, immoral clothes, stealing, lying etc. These are attributes of sin. These are done by pple who do not believe.

The only sin there is is UNBELIEF. Pple do the above listed and more because they do not believe. Do you believe the Lord Jesus Christ and that Every word in the Bible is for you? Then you will say Amen to everything God said through Paul
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 27, 2013
Bro Pee:

Going to bed?! You know the trouser wearing that we are talking about.

Sin is not drinking, smoking, trouser wearing, immoral clothes, stealing, lying etc. These are attributes of sin. These are done by pple who do not believe.

The only sin there is is UNBELIEF. Pple do the above listed and more because they do not believe. Do you believe the Lord Jesus Christ and that Every word in the Bible is for you? Then you will say Amen to everything God said through Paul

- Drinking to moderation is not SIN.
- Wearing trousers in a decent fashion is not SIN.

God has not called you to determine what is SIN , he has called you repent of your sins and help others to do the same.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Wahala90: 2:43am On Jun 26, 2013
[size=14pt]The people wen support wearing trouser na im many pass here, even Atheists. Common sense go tell you say people wen go go hell na im many pass.[/size]
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by igedanz(m): 5:51am On Jun 26, 2013
We nid 2 knw dat troussers like some oda sins r nt mentiond in d bible but lets take note of dis:
1. Wat is d state of ur cutom and ur parents in line with troussers - these r ur blood links in life and u know dat blood does nt die like d blood of abel
2. Constituted authority via ur country of reidence an place of work - god respect authorities or modu operandi to
3. House of god where we knw more abt god - wit d fact dat there's neida ignorance in earthly laws nor excuse in heaven, u nid a bible beleivn church.
4. Remarks frm authorities - We r more closer 2 god dan one anoda so seek some
5. Wat has god told/reveald 2 u

may god help our little faithsWe nid 2 knw dat troussers like some oda sins r nt mentiond in d bible but lets take note of dis:
1. Wat is d state of ur cutom and ur parents in line with troussers - these r ur blood links in life and u know dat blood does nt die like d blood of abel
2. Constituted authority via ur country of reidence an place of work - god respect authorities or modu operandi to
3. House of god where we knw more abt god - wit d fact dat there's neida ignorance in earthly laws nor excuse in heaven, u nid a bible beleivn church.

may god help our little faiths
We nid 2 knw dat troussers like some oda sins r nt mentiond in d bible but lets take note of dis:

may god help our little faiths
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by paulynpen(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
The issue at hand is a very sensitive one, let us consider the facts raised above that it is culture of some people, guide against rape and cold wealther condition, these are just alibi to perpetuate this insurbordination against God, because the white that we emulate today never have it as culture take your mind back to their history and some epic films you will see it even in extreme coldness, the corruption that happem to the white is what is happening to us now to the extent that any child born here in the next twenty yerars will believe it is our culture. Since the begining of the world there have been history of rape even worse than what we have now to the extent if a stranger come to a new place he or she will be raped read the book of Gen.
REASONS YOU MUST STAY AWAY FROM IT[b]The issue at hand is a very sensitive one, let us consider the facts raised above that it is culture of some people, guide against rape and cold wealther condition, these are just alibi to perpetuate this insurbordination against God, because the white that we emulate today never have it as culture take your mind back to their history and some epic films you will see it even in extreme coldness, the corruption that happem to the white is what is happening to us now to the extent that any child born here in the next twenty yerars will believe it is our culture. Since the begining of the world there have been history of rape even worse than what we have now to the extent if a stranger come to a new place he or she will be raped read the book of Gen.
REASONS YOU MUST STAY AWAY FROM IT[/b]The issue at hand is a very sensitive one, let us consider the facts raised above that it is culture of some people, guide against rape and cold wealther condition, these are just alibi to perpetuate this insurbordination against God, because the white that we emulate today never have it as culture take your mind back to their history and some epic films you will see it even in extreme coldness, the corruption that happem to the white is what is happening to us now to the extent that any child born here in the next twenty yerars will believe it is our culture. Since the begining of the world there have been history of rape even worse than what we have now to the extent if a stranger come to a new place he or she will be raped read the book of Gen.
REASONS YOU MUST STAY AWAY FROM IT
1 in(DEUT 22:5) God condem it, ISAIAH 5 God also condem it and in 1PETER 3:3-9 again He condem it.
2 From personal experience I discover that any woman God has set aside to use He will always warn them against it, if so then therte is a clause there.
3 if is not a sin it will not harm you but if it is a sin you are at risk so is better to stay away from it
Thanks
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by holypower(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
switnjl: I happened to be in this commercial vehicle and the one preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

I put on trousers all the time because it frees my movements. I am also a very dedicated Christian.

should I stop?

I need ur comments pls.
Dear, for the sake of CHRIST, you need to stop.. Dnt doubt or question deut. 22:5
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by holypower(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

lol

I don laff tire. Funny, the dictionary didn't describe trouser as exclusive to men o. It says it's a piece of clothing to cover the lower part of the body.

Bunch of olodos!!! grin grin grin

ok tell me which one is males cloth and female cloths.. Or do You mean that Bible is lying.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by holypower(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
haibe:

You are infact the olodo, did trousers ever exist at that time?

We are talking about when they started to exist, was it designed for men or women.

You are so funny Oº°˚˚°ºh, i asked some question.

Is lip-stick meant for women? If yes, where is it in the bible, chapter and verse.

This is the answer: GOD knows that this time we
are now is the last day. That law is written like
that because GOD knws that in the time like this
we are nw that trousers will be made. Thats why
it is written like about males and females
garment. GOD knwa why He orders moses to start writing all these things down for us now to
be reading and seeing it. It is very clear that for a
woman to wear mans cloth is abomination unto
the LORD. It may not be abomination to man but
it is to GOD
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by flourishG(m): 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
everything i see on this forum is pple that don't understand their rights n privileges in the new covenant which is a better covenant but they all trynna practice the old judaism covenant which not meant for them.it's like you migrate from your home country to a new country and you trynna obey your home country law in your new country.isn't that bullshit?under da new covenant,let one man point out where wearing of trouser is sinful or conddemn or a sin other than dressing moderately?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by vickyO(f): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
Our faith in Christ justifies us. we Christians aren't Jews, we are believers. the Jews were not believers and were chronic sinners. the laws were made for them to checkmate their sinful acts. Abraham was justified by his faith not by some laws. moreover, everything that is a sin in the New Testament is a sin in the old testament but not everything that is a sin in the Old is a sin in the New. as I was saying, we have been justified and saved and we are new creatures, we don't need laws to guide us cause once you are saved you have the Holy Spirit, your every move and action will be checkmated by him. so things that people will not perfectly agree do not argue over them instead discuss things that edifies everyone. whether you wear or you do not wear won't stop God from working through you. and we all agree that if any attire is put on in an indecent way it isn't right and Paul said, " let your modesty be known unto all men".

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by holypower(m): 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
but Jesus is a jew, why did you believe in HIM? Paul is jew, he was converted by GOD to work for HIM...didn't you quote the verse now? We claim Abraham's blessing but we neglect the command
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Goshen360(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
holypower: but Jesus is a jew, why did you believe in HIM? Paul is jew, he was converted by GOD to work for HIM...didn't you quote the verse now? We claim Abraham's blessing but we neglect the command

You err when you don't understand scriptures. In Christ, there's only ONE NEW MAN because of the finished work of Christ. This new man is not led by the laws given to Moses for Israelites but by a new law of the Spirit of life IN CHRIST.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by holypower(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Goshen360:

You err when you don't understand scriptures. In Christ, there's only ONE NEW MAN because of the finished work of Christ. This new man is not led by the laws given to Moses for Israelites but by a new law of the Spirit of life IN CHRIST.

but the new man(JESUS CHRIST) used the book of Isaiah(in old testament): "And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written," (Luke 4:17).
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;" (Isaiah 61:1).
And the same new man(JESUS CHRIST) another book in old testament,the book of psalms: "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Psalm 110:1).
"He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? " (Matthew 22:43-44).
Showing that the new testament is not rejected by the new man and it is mixed without the old testament...that shows that the old testament is not neglected,ignored nor rejected. Paul used that also in his gospel!
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
jmoore: Trouser was never mentioned in the bible. God did not make trouser for Adam and skirt for Eve. It's obvious that God made skirts for both Adam and Eve from fig leaves.

God doesn't judge by what we wear but by our hearts. But we should dress decently in whatever we choose to wear
From fig leaves? Oh no....adam and eve did that on their own. God decided to clothe them well with animal skin and not leaves. That is where the issue of paforatted lace material or transparent one came out in some churches.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Catholic Priests Hold Mass At Lekki Toll Gate / Pastor J.H. Abiona Is Dead: Retired Deputy General Overseer Of RCCG Dies / Father Thaddeus Ilechukwu Disguises As A Beggar In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.