Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,171 members, 7,907,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 03:56 AM

CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use (13034 Views)

BVN Deadline: See The Long Queue At Unity Bank Auchi For Bank Verification NO. / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) / CBN Orders Banks To Publish Names Of Debtors From End Of July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by SapeleDon: 1:50am On Oct 07, 2012
Two weeks ago I had gone into the oceanic bank(Eko Bank now)in warri to pick up some money via western union and the lady in front of me used her voters ID to pick up money. I was surprised that they accepted it,but I thought since she had an account in the bank and the money was small($100 and yes I helped her out with the form as it was her first time)I thought that was why they accepted it. Just saying that most banks have been doing it before it was officially announced by the CBN. Nice one though.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by babaijo(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2012
Now they want the masses to bank with them. I have been wondering why will I have international passport when I dont have any intention of travelling out of my country soon?, they are asking me for my driver's license when I dont have a tri-cycle let alone car, national ID card that you have to bribe your way through before you will get it. This is a welcom development. Kudos to CBN for that.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by ujukala: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2012
The unbanked Nigerians will be banked.
bankyblue: Makes my job so easy..and more customer base for me. Thank God o
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2012
That's old stuff na. Even GTB here has been accepting voters card to open account since last year. Who wan lose customer
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by johndahray(m): 9:30am On Oct 07, 2012
Will the voter's card be accepted by Western union and Money gram?
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by jiogah(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2012
Sapele_Don: Two weeks ago I had gone into the oceanic bank(Eko Bank now)in warri to pick up some money via western union and the lady in front of me used her voters ID to pick up money. I was surprised that they accepted it,but I thought since she had an account in the bank and the money was small($100 and yes I helped her out with the form as it was her first time)I thought that was why they accepted it. Just saying that most banks have been doing it before it was officially announced by the CBN. Nice one though.

As long as below $300, any real IDd can be used, but not those wey dem do 4 ur backyard
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Thorpecoal: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2012
johndahray: Will the voter's card be accepted by Western union and Money gram?

Hmnnnnnnn, Yahoo boy speakn. Lol
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by tucker12(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2012
Its quite disgraceful to see how CBN is enshrining their role into political flopps. This shows that the system is practically faulty.

How can you use voters card for banking use. Its ridiculous. The role of the National identity management commission is to issue out ID to nigerian, however the catch is developing a robust database which can warehouse information management and information sharing across various sectors and agencies.
But to routing ID to banking is just a get rich technique for banks to sell cards. I tell you Non of the banks operate the same platform. and such the integration of the various data will be useless.
I don't buy into this project. I think its going to make the bankers richer, while the cost is push back to the card holder.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Knaruto(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2012
does this mean that i can now use the card to open a dormicillary account. Guy please i need an answer please. Am gratefull for all your replies to come
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Deage(m): 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
welcome development; national Id card will take years to come out, you will be at d verge of graduation and have not seen your school Id. CBN don try sha.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by saeedaliu: 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Its a welcome idea. This is better than producing #5000 note against cashless society agenda.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Megabyts(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Its a good development.but banks should exercise caution and make it an additional requirement for transaction not a sole requirement.This is because registrants can transfer from where they are registered in which case tracing them become ahuge task.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by udoh2k: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
The true financial inclusion is mobile money not the inclusion of voter's card as identity.
just visit www.fecundsystems.com/mobilemoney for more.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Booty4me: 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
op dOes this mean that i can burst in into uba bank and apply for an africard
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Shingyujnr(m): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2012
MarioHeaven:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=39372

The central bank of nig. has orderd banks to use or accept voters card for bank transactions to enhance the new bank restructuring. Could go a long way to save the banking sector considering the changes of voters card in nigeria in evry voting period? Your sugestions pls.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by searchcorp(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2012
[quote author=AMEBO2BUSY][/quote]

We won't need them to fix it
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Ericsdm55(m): 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
Hey! Guz. I am in urgent need of Union bank sort code for Ondo State branch. Anyone who kws it shuld kindly assist. Thanx alot.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by ovaga2: 10:07am On Aug 01, 2014
!!!NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE 2014 AUCTION!!!IF
YOU NEED A CAR,HERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY.
CONTACT NUMBER: (08135617622) NAME:COMPT .
IBRAHIM .G.AKIN DEPARTMENT:
ENFORCEMENT,INVESTIGATION AND INSPECTION
NEW / TOKUNBO / BELGIUM /JAPAN SIEZED
IMPORTED VEHICLES FOR AUCTION AT SEME
BORDER LAGOS NIGERIA. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
OWNING A VERY SOUND VEHICLE AT CHEAPER RATE.
RANGING FROM N150,000 UPWARDS,THIS IS AN
OPPORTUNITY FOR INDIVIDUALS TO PARTICIPATE.
THIS VEHICLES ARE IN THE CUSTOM WAREHOUSES
IN SEME BORDER IN NIGERIA AWAITING REMOVAL BY
CLEARANCE. FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS ARE TO DO E-
REGISTRATION BEFORE COMING DOWN TO THE
AREA COMMAND FOR INSPECTION OR CLEARANCE
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS:-
(a) National id card, international passport or driver
¡¯s license (b) Local Gov. of origin certificate (c)
Utility bill of at most 5months. (d) A passport
photograph for your warrant card Call the auction
officer for notification and process. FEATURED CARS
TOYOTA CARS �6¦1 Toyota Land Cruiser-N450,000
�6¦1 Toyota Prado N500,000 �6¦1 Toyota Corolla
¨CN250,000 �6¦1 Toyota Camry ¨CN300,000-
N570,000 �6¦1 Toyota Avensis ¨C N200,000-
N600,000 �6¦1 Toyota Yaris ¨C N150,000 �6¦1
Toyota Avanza ¨C N300,000 �6¦1 Toyota RAV4 SUV
¨CN350,000 �6¦1 Toyota Hilus Pickup-N500,000
�6¦1 Toyota Dyna Truck ¨C N480,000 �6¦1 Toyota
Hiace Bus ¨C N450,000 �6¦1 Toyota Coaster Bus 32
seaters ¨C N890,000 MERCEDES BENZ CARS c230-
N300,000 C300- N200,000 HONDA CARS Honda Civic
cars ¨C N150,000 Honda Accord ¨C N280,000 Honda
CR-V ¨C N380,000 Honda Odyssey ¨C N350,000
Honda Element ¨C N380,000 Honda Pilot ¨C
N400,000 NISSAN CARS �6¦1 Nissan Sunny sedan
¨C N150,000 �6¦1 Nissan Patrol SUV ¨C N300,000
�6¦1 Nissan Civilian 30 seater bus ¨C N650,000
�6¦1 Nissan Pathfinder SUV ¨C N400,000 and lots
more. NAME:COMPT . IBRAHIM .G.AKIN
CONTACT NUMBER: 08135617622 DEPARTMENT:
ENFORCEMENT,INVESTIGATION AND INSPECTION

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out 3 Mistakes To Avoid When Sending Money Online / Making More Money Using Awele Soap / Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.