Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,878 members, 7,889,927 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:50 AM

My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons (23983 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by WhyAWhy(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2012
[size=18pt]I think this goes beyond pepper soup or egusi. It stems from the fact that the husband perceives that his opinion or desires are probably being continually put down.
@OP: From your responses, you sound like someone so opinionated about matters and i believe that's the root of your problems
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Kslib(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2012
How do you want people to advice you when the story is not complete?.. How can your husband think about divorce just because of goat pepper soup and cat fish abi na fish-lion egusi?
@op: from your posts,you sound like someone who delibrately does the opposite of what her husband says for no reason or does the opposite to prove to him that she can get away with it..
@op; From your posts,you don't feel threatned by the divorce atall.
@op; from your posts,you are just looking for an excuse to justify your actions..
@op: you know you are wrong but you're just looking for support and not advice...

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by jigawatts(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Hello Nlanders. I have been hearing a lot about this site for a long time. I often visit this site but I've never been a member.
I have a problem with my marriage and I hope there are matured people who can help.
My husband of 5 years want to divorce me for trivial reason. It even sounds funny talking about it.

Last week he asked me to buy fresh catfish and goat meat. He said he wanted to eat catfish pepper soup, while I prepare egusi soup with the goat meat. I wanted something different so I prepared goat meat pepper soup and used the cat fish for egusi soup.
His inlaws came and they enjoyed it. But my husband was frowning. He said I'm too stuborn and he refused to talk to me. He has refused to sleep with me. I can't go a week without his sensual touch. To crown it all, he's threatening for a divorce. What do I do?

Pls your advice is needed. Thank. (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that).

@bolded: TOO MUCH INFORMATION

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by crislyn(f): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney:

Already passing judgment. I tot someone would support me.
no one is going 2 support u b'cos wat u've done is wrong nd unfair 2 ur husband. Pls do wat slimyem said nd amend ur ways. SIMPLE!!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by blackpanda: 11:53am On Oct 06, 2012
This is wot happens wen pple don't marry for love.

Most women these days are so desperate, they willing to jump at the 1st person that says "marry me". (Doesn't mean that this is ur situatn tho). But u need to talk wit him. His dissatisfactn or despair may be result of smtin entirely different, not ur cooking.

Bt if he insists u must go (after u've tried all u can), then I wld advice u pick up urself and do wots best for u. A girl must always look after her self/needs. Cos no one can love u more than u

Best of luck
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by steffans(m): 11:53am On Oct 06, 2012
He is not divorcing u ova Soup...he wants 2 Divorce u cuz u are VERY STURBORN.......4rm ur tone u are sturborn indeed....

Women alwz feel der way is alwz ryt....dats why some men do thngs sometyms b4 dey tell der wives...

Wishn u Luck Dear....

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by slenderdude: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2012
Well, if you ask me i would give you my humble opinion, i dont think ur husband is bein unreasonable, rather you re th unreasonable one here comin to this forum trying to make us feel he is an FFO. From wht u wrote here it shows you re very selfish and full of ego, he clearly stated wht he wanted, even if you wanted otherwise you could have discussed with him and made him see reasons, rather you went ahead to do what you felt was right and expect him to come to you to get explanations.haba....woman,u disrespect your husband and its taking you these long to decipher, woman up and quit wussing around like a gurl joor.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2012
@ poster if ure yoruba,a yoruba adage says whatever d husband doesnt eat or doesnt want to eat,d wife doesnt cook it.u cooked wot u liked now he is givin u attitude,is dat supposed to b his fault.2ndly ure sayin ure marketable,bfor u conclude about whether ure still marketable go to places like oau,ui,babcock,covenant,unicalabar.infact go to oau n check moremi and alumni hall,go to babcock and check white hall and nyberg hall,u will see hot blooded hotties dat r ready to snatch ur husband with any little carelessness from d womans side.just go there n check then com back to make an assesment of urself whthere ur hot or not,mshewww.smh,as for d missin d sensual touch side,u beta get used to controlling ur vag..ina,u will not die if u did not have sex for one month,d information ure givin is just too much,does it mean u lack self control and cannot fast or stay off a dck for 2wks.smh.mshewww.smh.i am a married lady just as u r and it is utterly foolish of u to cook wot he didnt want @ dat tym,yes ur family enjoyed it,is it ur family ure married to?have dey not gone back to their house? U beta fix up ur home and stop comin here to brag about wot is not dat ure marketable.even if u wanted to eat somtin else,y didnt u prepare wot he wanted n den prepare wot u want to eat abi u think being a married woman is all about flaunting d ring and bearing mrs,i just laff @ ur childishness and level of iq.infact i subscribe to 19os post except d beating part of it.@ 190 everytin is not a joke.smh

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Reference(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Most of the people commenting are men so it is one sided. I want a lady's opinion.

Oh. I thought you were married to a man. How silly of me.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Hello Nlanders. I have been hearing a lot about this site for a long time. I often visit this site but I've never been a member.
I have a problem with my marriage and I hope there are matured people who can help.
My husband of 5 years want to divorce me for trivial reason. It even sounds funny talking about it.

Last week he asked me to buy fresh catfish and goat meat. He said he wanted to eat catfish pepper soup, while I prepare egusi soup with the goat meat. I wanted something different so I prepared goat meat pepper soup and used the cat fish for egusi soup.
His inlaws came and they enjoyed it. But my husband was frowning. He said I'm too stuborn and he refused to talk to me. He has refused to sleep with me. I can't go a week without his sensual touch. To crown it all, he's threatening for a divorce. What do I do?

Pls your advice is needed. Thank. (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that).

You want mature responses so I will give you some.... Your husband gave you specific instructions, you disobeyed them because you wanted something different.. That simply says you are not submissive. You are telling us about this elusive soup incident, but I can bet my bottom dollar that there are several per cases like this were you have blatantly disobeyed him. If I were your husband, I would divorce you as well... Two captains can't be on one ship.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by abifoluwa: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2012

so bec u re pretty and marketable means u should disrespect him? guy say hin want catfish and peppersoup, u give ol boy egusi chop grin grin hian

marketable? u shouldnt be married tbh, marketable sounds like someone who is selling him or her self to me

are u trying to sell ur ?? i no say anything o
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Okijajuju1(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
abifoluwa: so bec u re pretty and marketable means u should disrespect him? guy say hin want catfish and peppersoup, u give ol boy egusi chop grin grin hian

marketable? u shouldnt be married tbh, marketable sounds like someone who is selling him or her self to me

imagine the nonsense
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Geez, u are what is wrong wit dis world. Her not cooking catfish pepper soup means she is nt submissive?
......ah spare me that non.sense! What do you know of being submissive?....from the OPs post and replies,can't you just detect her stubborn nature!...anybody that is stubborn is never submissive!...

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by jedisco(m): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

a) Your story sounds ridiculous. If you need to make something up, you can definitely do a better job than the above. I mean "I can't go a week without his sensual touch" . . . where did you get that silly line from? A terrible Nollywood movie? Abeg . . stop watching all that trash and get you some good books to read.

b) You claim the husband in this scenario accuses the wife of being too stubborn. That is fine and well. Personally, I don't see any problem in the wife cooking what she did. I mean if the man really wanted to eat perppersoup and etc. surely he could have done it himself, if it meant that much to him to have it exactly as he wanted it. A wife is not a slave and a wife does not have to do exactly what a husband says. A wife is a partner and not a slave. So here we have a husband that may really feel it is OK to divorce on grounds that she didn't do exactly what he says, it might turn out for her own good.

c) As for the answer to the question of what to do, I say you think about what divorce and his threats really mean, If you don't want divorce, and you are willing to settle with the situation with the husband, then do what you have to, to maintain it. If however, you want chance and you are willing to accept the consequences that come with the change, go for it. This is your life.

Incoherent speech!

Sitting in front of a computer all day is really drilling holes in your brain.

18 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by maclatunji: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2012

Your husband is principled, what you did seems trivial to you but in reality:

1. You chose yourself above him in cooking what you liked instead of what he asked for.

2. You didn't respect his decision.

3. You are not sorry about it.

4. You are undermining his authority.

You see how I just brought-out those points out of that "trivial issue". Madam, there is no two-ways about being a good wife; you have to be submissive to your husband. A good husband would then in turn honour you. Do you think he doesn't want to be intimate with you? Of course not but a real man with a good head knows that there's more to marriage and life than sex.

Please reconsider your position and sincerely apologise to your husband today and repeat it tonight until you have convinced him of your remorse. I wish you well in your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by stagger: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
As the head of my house who brings the money for feeding, I expect to be given what I want by my wife, and when she does something different, that is not only disrespectful but an affront on my person and position. Thank God that years of marriage have settled this issue.

SO OP, what you think is trivial is a very serious matter, and the fact that you are even calling it trivial means you are completely clueless about what a man needs from a woman. YOUR MARRIAGE IS IN SERIOUS TROUBLE. BETTER SAVE IT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Obassy(f): 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay: He is very immature if he is asking for divorce over catfish pepper soup,do u hv a job? I say ignore him and concentrate on other things,be nice to him whtevr u do.waste no energy on him. Pls how old is ur husband?
U are not candid with this advice u are giving. Do u know how many things she has done that makes the husband call for divorce. Woman u need to follow and always do what ur husband wants
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by maclatunji: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Most of the people commenting are men so it is one sided. I want a lady's opinion.

I beg you Family Section Ladies not to tell this woman what she wants to read, you will help her destroy her marriage and life by doing so.

Thank you.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by deezed1(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
You were even lucky he ate d food. Me? I wud have calmly rejected d food, picked my car keys and walked away, off 2 a place where I could eat what I wanted. And that would be d beggining of the end.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by abifoluwa: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

a) Your story sounds ridiculous. If you need to make something up, you can definitely do a better job than the above. I mean "I can't go a week without his sensual touch" . . . where did you get that silly line from? A terrible Nollywood movie? Abeg . . stop watching all that trash and get you some good books to read.

b) You claim the husband in this scenario accuses the wife of being too stubborn. That is fine and well. Personally, I don't see any problem in the wife cooking what she did. I mean if the man really wanted to eat perppersoup and etc. surely he could have done it himself, if it meant that much to him to have it exactly as he wanted it. A wife is not a slave and a wife does not have to do exactly what a husband says. A wife is a partner and not a slave. So here we have a husband that may really feel it is OK to divorce on grounds that she didn't do exactly what he says, it might turn out for her own good.

c) As for the answer to the question of what to do, I say you think about what divorce and his threats really mean, If you don't want divorce, and you are willing to settle with the situation with the husband, then do what you have to, to maintain it. If however, you want chance and you are willing to accept the consequences that come with the change, go for it. This is your life.
undecided undecided undecided

on a rating of 1 - 10 how would yall rate this reply? i will give it -2

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by tissot84: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
hahahahahaha
@OP ur hubby knew u were not going to d wat he told u becos u love to have it ur way.
the whole stuff is not about the food thing
but u need to check what u did to him two - three weeks b4 the incident.
if u knew wat was best for the meal, u should have told him right there when he was telling wat he wanted.

Bill Clinton once said the cheapest war is more expensive than the most expensive peace.

I think you should make peace with ur hubby so dat u ant join the labour market of women (also remember dat when u leave ur hubby, u will start looking for someone to touch u now and then)

SO I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF WHAT U DID
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by khaady(f): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
My sister,wat meks marriage very difficult 4 women is lack of submition 2 our husbands need.if u realy want 2 save ur marriage,ALWAYS obey ur husband.out of my little xperiance in marriage,i‘ve come 2 realize dat d only way 2 conquer ur man‘s heart is TOTAL OBEDIANCE 2 ur husband,notin meks a man happy dan an obediant wife.Its vry difficult bt as long as u want a man,u must learn dis act or else u‘ll end up jumpin 4rom one man 2 anoda.
Go 2 ur husband n admit dat u hav bn very sturborn n selfish in d past,bt he should pls 4giv u.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by overdrive(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
U feel that u are marketable a thousand and one single girls out there begging for opportunity to answer someones name and u think u can trivalise ur marriage over being obstinate.I no blame u afterall u never go prayer house or juju man house in search of a husband. If u no take time u go c am soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by emmanwandud(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
PLS MY FELLOW NLANDERS IF U ARE OF D OPINION SHE RUDE ND NAUGHTY WITHOUT PLANS 2 CHANGE SAY NIIII ND IF U THINK SHE WAS RIGHT ND HER ACTIONS RE JUSTIFIABLE SAY.....LIE
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Just passing by

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yahoo1: ......ah spare mme that act of yoursd! What do you know of being submissive?....from the OPs post and replies,can t you just detect her stubborn naturee!...anybody that is stubborn is never submissive!...

Geez,wht stubborness,she didn't cook pepper soup for d guy instead she made egusi soup,do u knw if she was trying to manage money,wht has peppersoup got to do wit getting divorced? It is funny how things like dis don't come up when or while dating instead it comes up when it is marriage.
SIT DowN and pls dnt type again.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by crackhouse(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hello young lady, change ur character cos what u consider nothing may be a serious thing to ur husband. Most Men want women that are respectful and ur husband saw ur character as a sign of disrespect, that's why he acted that way. However, for him to say such a thing simply shows that this is not the first time u did sth like that. Be careful and always take note of and avoid what ur husband dislike to avoid having problems with him next time, meanwhile u gat to beg him for forgiveness and promise him not to do it again.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by victorian(f): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
All, i can say op, is be submissive..your gragra too much.. give a husband what he wants, especially when it pertains to food and sex. He is the one dishing out the money, why not make him feel happy to have married you?..Personally i dont like catfish with egusi , i will prefer goatmeat. Anyone with good taste and common sense , will know fresh catfish is for peppersoup, while goatmeat is for soup or stew..Stubborness is a disease, try and cure it inwardly...its up to you, sha.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by dangerzone: 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Your are a troll
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by FOREXMART(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
190:

But wait ooh woman why would you prepare CATFISH for egusi, dont u know that fish isnt good for soups
what kinda woman are you, he told you wat he wanted and yet you went ahead and did waht you wanted without his knowledge
nor be him give you money take buy the things, if he goes out and eat EGUSI and Goat meat in another girl's house
you'l come baq here and cry FOUL, u better go baq and apologize to him cos if u were my wife

Na FAN BELT i go take WIPE your NYASH PEEL angry angry angry

i second and support you a hundred percent. Every man has a pride you have got to respect. To you you just did what you wanted but the truth is that you did more than that. You actually asked your husband "WHAT THE UFUCK YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?" you can't have to captains in a ship. Your actions were insulting, disrespectful and worth the sanction and maybe a divorce. Nonsense. Next!!!!!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by hentosky: 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
190:

But wait ooh woman why would you prepare CATFISH for egusi, dont u know that fish isnt good for soups
what kinda woman are you, he told you wat he wanted and yet you went ahead and did waht you wanted without his knowledge
nor be him give you money take buy the things, if he goes out and eat EGUSI and Goat meat in another girl's house
you'l come baq here and cry FOUL, u better go baq and apologize to him cos if u were my wife

Na FAN BELT i go take WIPE your NYASH PEEL angry angry angry
Abeg no mind am. D man told u what 2 do and u went ahead 2 do your own bidding without his consent. U even have d guts 2 come here 2 solicit support abi advice. U know our so called current ladies think they are equal 2 men because we are in a civilized age but they must also appreciate d fact that this is Africa and we have our own norms and values. U don't bruise a man's ego and expect him 2 give u a handshake. I'm so pissed with this woman right now cos I know her type. If she like make she no go beg the man. Olodo!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by fortyfeet(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
This story here never happened. Don't believe you. You are lying. What do you need a womans opinion for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year / Man Deceives Barren Wife, Impregnates Divorcee / Side Chicks Act Like Spare Tires In Marriage, They Are Very Important – Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.