Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,676 members, 7,885,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:36 PM

Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? (3358 Views)

8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists On Earth / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
I have my own justifications already.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
Kay 17: ^^
As I mentioned earlier, I seek for a rational justification for existence. Its either we are here or not. We can well imagine nothing.

Your attempt in trying to equate a being with its distinct personality with a state of "is" is unsuccessful.

I simply exist, you exist, God exists. Existence is a background from which other things, knowledge, awareness, experience stand. I can't experience existence as an event or a condition, rather a precondition. A pre requisite for everything. It is impossible to separate/isolate existence as an event.

In the light of the bolded, what then is God?

Kay 17: I have my own justifications already.

I'd love to hear them.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
God is as such a subject, because he exists.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
Kay 17: God is as such a subject, because he exists.

You know what? I think that we are of differing views about the definition of God. You are speaking of an entity that I do not understand to be God. So, in your opinion, what is God? And why do you think your definition is correct?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
In my view, existence is unavoidable, cos by definition is the necessary state of reality/moment, which is perpetual. Even if there is nothingness, that qualifies as reality.

On to the next question: why is there something rather than nothing. Given that nothing is unproductive and lacks a causal principle, and taking the present into consideration, our past couldn't have been nothingness, so something must have always existed.

Following from the above, is a law that out of nothing comes nothing. Whatever was in the past is the total sum of what in the present and future. The matter and energy we have now, must be accountable in the past. In other words, the Universe (a platform) had always existed.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by traeces(m): 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2012
Truly, life for the natural man whose interests are confined to the unstable & vanishing pleasures of just existing "under the sun" is meaningless. Ask backslidden King Solomon, author of eccl. who also came to the same conclussion.
Life only takes on meaning if live in the conciousness of the company, favor & 'ope for everlasting reward of him who is above all-Christ Jesus the Lord.
Make him ur lord now & see what difference he brings about.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
Kay 17: In my view, existence is unavoidable, cos by definition is the necessary state of reality/moment, which is perpetual. Even if there is nothingness, that qualifies as reality.

On to the next question: why is there something rather than nothing. Given that nothing is unproductive and lacks a causal principle, and taking the present into consideration, our past couldn't have been nothingness, so something must have always existed.

Following from the above, is a law that out of nothing comes nothing. Whatever was in the past is the total sum of what in the present and future. The matter and energy we have now, must be accountable in the past. In other words, the Universe (a platform) had always existed.

Ok. You're saying that the universe is self-existent. Excuse my impertinence, but how do you define God?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2012
My sincere view of God is a cultural ill defined hype
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by DeeTeeMan: 2:41am On Oct 11, 2012
Life is an experience of our contribution in existence. If we can commit our existence to the goodness of our experience in living with others, then we can improve the goodness of our world.

I actually thought recently about difference between good and evil as not necessarily the outcome of an event but the intention of the person. The natural judgement of an individual may not just be the outcome of what he/she has done but his/her intention before, during and after doing it with all due respect and love for others around him/her. We usually know the truth about our original intention when we do things, whether we are prepared to tell this truth or not is another matter.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by wiegraf: 6:20am On Oct 11, 2012
DeeTeeMan: Life is an experience of our contribution in existence. If we can commit our existence to the goodness of our experience in living with others, then we can improve the goodness of our world.

I actually thought recently about difference between good and evil as not necessarily the outcome of an event but the intention of the person. The natural judgement of an individual may not just be the outcome of what he/she has done but his/her intention before, during and after doing it with all due respect and love for others around him/her. We usually know the truth about our original intention when we do things, whether we are prepared to tell this truth or not is another matter.

There's a problem with intentions, save for sociopaths, everyone's got a good one. Even bin laden, hitler etc.
And sociopaths sef have different brain types, ie, genetic. So long as unhappy childhood, etc, they genuinely can't help it. Basically, free will might be an illusion, we might simply be computers, sociopaths are programmed to be sociopaths. They have no choice. This isn't fact yet though.

Knowing these things how does one resolve moral good and evil?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 7:38am On Oct 11, 2012
DeeTeeMan: Life is an experience of our contribution in existence. If we can commit our existence to the goodness of our experience in living with others, then we can improve the goodness of our world.

Will your view still be the same if you were aware of your death day and the date the human race will vanish?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2012
Kay 17: My sincere view of God is a cultural ill defined hype

I guess that's why we've been running around in circles. You conceive of some person or thing that some culture or philosophy proposes for Godhood to be the definition of God itself which is a red herring in our discussion. I am not interested in who or what is qualified to be God, I'm interested in that thing which is self-existent/self-sufficient/uncaused. Such a thing is what I call God, whatever it is.

I can now consider your previous statement.

Kay 17: In my view, existence is unavoidable, cos by definition is the necessary state of reality/moment, which is perpetual. Even if there is nothingness, that qualifies as reality.

Why does the universe exist?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
^^ as I mentioned earlier that there was always something, and the role of the universe is that of an imaginary box/container of existence, upto which something stands on.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by DeeTeeMan: 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kay thanks.

I personally agree that whether it is who-what-where-how or self-existent/self-sufficient/uncaused description of God neither is relevant. What is important in my point is that by trying to find a definitive description of God makes us miss or convince others on the actual appreciation of God. So any definition that tries to quantify or qualify God may be counter-productive. That is why no culture, religion or beliefs are enough to define God. It is so limiting in substance to try and personify God as well.

What I'm trying to say is that for our minds to connect or agree about God the discourse must transcend whatever religion or culture we adhere to. It would only be fair for me to appreciate a point of view if I respect and feel others opinions and not necessarily how they have formed it.

Even for a sociopath or psychopath, for that matter, the intention behind the actions may be genuine but the outcome of the actions may not be appreciated, afterall. This means he/she would still be responsible for what had been done but thank God this group of people so-called are in the minority group in the world we live in today.

However, before I digress from the original discourse on Why does life exist..., I will like to add that Life exists as our own contribution, as beings, into the evolution and metamorphosis of the universe, as a whole. Physically, we are just too minuscule.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kay 17: ^^ as I mentioned earlier that there was always something, and the role of the universe is that of an imaginary box/container of existence, upto which something stands on.

Are you saying that the universe is imaginary? What is this "something" that has always been? What does it mean for existence to be contained or propped up?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
Imagined just like the infinite points in a line, we picture the Universe as a sphere that holds all that exists. More of a concept we put in our heads. A perception mechanism.

If we break down all that exists into fundamental indestructible bits, we wouldn't have nothing, but bits (like the atoms concept). So the principle of causality is relatable, simple >> complex.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kay 17: Imagined just like the infinite points in a line, we picture the Universe as a sphere that holds all that exists. More of a concept we put in our heads. A perception mechanism.

If we break down all that exists into fundamental indestructible bits, we wouldn't have nothing, but bits (like the atoms concept). So the principle of causality is relatable, simple >> complex.

What does the universe's being a sphere that holds all that exists make the universe?

I'm not sure what you're heading for. Are you saying that if, for instance, all existent entities can be exemplified as a tree, then breaking it down to fundamental, indestructible bits would mean getting to the seed and this seed is necessarily the self-existent and is simpler than the tree itself?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by joe4christ(m): 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2012
tevinsolt:

from the atheist point of view there's no objective point to life
so why blame Hitler for killing Jews, but commend those who abort their babies
[size=15pt]what's the point of being good to others if there's no ultimate motive to it since everything will go downhill at some point [/size]

Now that's where you atheist got it all wrong, i guess that's the power of deception at work in you, let me tell you, there is reward for everything we do on earth here, believe it or not, it does'nt change a thing, dont you think it would've been realy unfair if there is no reward for every action of good and evil?
Then what is the essence of living a good life or a sacrificial life - displeasing one self just to please others if there is no reward for such, then it would have been better for everyone to live the way they deem fit afterall there is no pain no gain, we live, eat, drink and merry then end up dying someday, that would be more fulfilling, even the bible said so, but it is only a fool that would think such, actually only a shallow twisted mind would think like this.
There is a life after this present life, oh yes a place of eternal reward for every act done while on earth, both good or evil and believe it or not the bible is the standard, i'm not prompting you to believe me but you will come to this realisation someday and you wont need no one to convince you anymore.
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Kay17: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
A materialist's dream?
Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Kay 17: A materialist's dream?

Re: Why Does Life Exist....why Does Anything Exists? by tevinsolt: 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
everyone knows there's a God within them but i guess some would ignore it, some other would create a god for themselves , while the rest will choose smartly based on the historical evidence and prophetical fulfillment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Mother Mary! (photos) / Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. / 2021 Prophecies From Prophet Elijah Dankano (major Seer1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.