Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,608 members, 7,965,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:48 PM

Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' (16705 Views)

Please Advice; My Best Friend's Fiance Says He Loves Me / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / My Fiance Says Am Fat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
smily2cool: @Poster: you say: "...I am 5ft 7inches, he is 6ft 1inch. I weigh 43kg, he weighs 120kg..."

You know personally I have a strict code of silence when it comes to social issues that get discussed here on Nairaland and wisely so because lots of people just senselessly talk thrash and crap, and I really have a zero tolerance for bullsh!t. Anyway, now about the matter at hand, while perusing through this thread I easily noticed that many of the nairalanders commenting were at it again doing their usual stuff: making misplaced statements with malicious loquacity based on unfounded assumptions, sentimental notions, personal inadequacies, emotional vicissitudes and cerebral ineptitude that is repugnant to any sane and intelligent mind. My comment now goes directly to the poster. You said you're 5ft 7" and weigh 43kg. Well if this is true, then this is the real problem. How can someone that is 5ft 7" weigh so low? Unless maybe this or maybe that, which essentially any way you look at it indicates there's a problem somewhere. I'm not a doctor but I also don't need to be one to be able to figure out that having such height with such weight is not normal. Clearly your boyfriend is smarter than you since you couldn't recognize this fact until he had to literally SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU. Now please don't misunderstand me, i'm not saying it's your fault or you're responsible for weighing so low; no, not at all. I'm saying that your boyfriend isn't wrong for making a "bold" statement about it. In fact, I think he's such a lovely gentleman because if it were me, I wouldn't have dated you in the first place even if you're finer than the prettiest angel in Heaven. I hope you're not offended by this but I just had to get the fact across to you. Imagine if your 6ft 1" boyfriend weighed 250kg, would you keep quiet about it? Of course not, because it's just not normal. Now my candid advice to you is this: if your low weight figure isn't because of a medical condition, and it's in your power to rectify your weight problem, then do something about it. Eat more, take food supplements, do weight lifting if you must or anything sensible that can help you gain weight to reach within the range of what is a normal standard to your height. Otherwise, you may end up losing not just this one but other potential husbands as well... By the way, at 6ft 1" and weighing 120kg, your boyfriend is fat Ooooooo!!!!

Wow Wow Wow
I sincerely appreciate
I am sooo glad that Nairalanders like you are here to give your candid advice to people in need of it. Thanks!
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by farvee: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
OOoops,how do i creat a thread
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by ashmanpolo: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
berem: Me wey be orobo my my oga dey complain! You be lepa shandy your bobo dey complain too! What in the world are we gonna do to please nigerian men? embarassed

To please nigerian men just appear nakedddd almost everytime
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sijo01:

no popcorn o; but gala n fanta is available. Care for??
i'll take tea wink
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by quin9(f): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Girl there are a lot of guyz out there in need of what've got,am 5'7 too,34-26-35,my guy loves d way I am. Fat or Thin,there's som1 out there 4 u,NEVER try to force urself on anyone.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by dtemidare: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
Tell the mother Fker to go to hell. Oya dey go.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
He wont complain after you drop your first couple of engines
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by dasparrow: 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
serahsadeiyare: If you were in her shoes, what would you do?

I am 22, he is 32.
I am 5ft 7inches, he is 6ft 1inch.
I weigh 43kg, he weighs 120kg.
I am light skinned, he is dark skinned.
I am slim, and my statistic is 32'26'34.
He is broad shouldered, all muscled and with a wide chest.
We met at a Singles Prog. and became friends. He had a lot of female admirers due to his physique and godly character. I also had my share of admirers because I was a natural beauty, and quite intelligent.
We started dating and I thought I had found the man I was going to marry.
His female admirers were jealous of me, and my male admirers took a step back. But I became disturbed when he started harrassing me to eat well. He said I was too slim and I looked like a teenager beside him. I didn't take him serious at first until he started making statements like, "How I wish you had a bigger boob and bigger bum."
I have always been a slim person. My entirely family is filled with slim people. Where does he want me to get the extra weight from?
His incessant comments and complains about my physique is getting to me. This is the man I plan to marry, what should I do?

Advice her to run away from such a relationship. I don't know when ladies will get it into their thick skulls that you can't change a man or how he feels about you. Then tomorrow, someone will open a thread to ask why there is a drastic increase in the divorce rate in Nigeria. Always remember, once a person cannot accept you for who you are - especially once you are a full grown adult - break it off. Did he not see chubby girls before he chose to ask a slim girl out? or was he carried away by the light skin which I know is a big deal for many Nigerians?

Such a man will never stay faithful and tomorrow will come up with yet another excuse such as: "your brea*st is too small, your butt is too big or too small, I don't like how you wear your hair". It will always be something. Tell your friend to open her eyes and be wise and ask God for direction. It is not how quickly you rush into marriage but whether the marriage will stand the test of time in an era like ours where even pastors and bishops are divorcing left and right.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Rosebela(f): 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
kim77: That is not a problem....ask him to give you a month after you first child...proofs are all around you.....cheer up
True talk
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by DSB(m): 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hmm...forget what your fiance thinks. Your BMI is 14.8 (which means you are seriously underweight). Try to talk to a Doctor or nutritionist for your own good. Take care

3 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by ektbear: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
43kg is 95 pounds. And you are 5'7?

I did't even know that was possibly, while being healthy.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
If your bmi is that low, your fiance might have a point there...

Your fiance sounds a lot like me physically, except i'm an inch shorter.
And i agree with him in that with my size, I wouldn't want someone too small otherwise police might just insta-tackle me when they see me and her kissing in the park. grin

I'll need a woman that can "fill some space" but also still tight
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by ITbomb(m): 12:29am On Oct 07, 2012
farvee: OOoops,how do i creat a thread
I got something close to what you are looking for : www.ehow.com/m/how_5889812_make-cotton-thread.html
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Emary(f): 1:58am On Oct 07, 2012
Your boyfriend may not be fat at 120kg because BMI does not always account for muscle mass. Well built individuals often have BMIs above 25 and there is new research to prove that. That being said, I think your suitor means well by encouraging you to eat better because your weight is quite low. At your height you should weigh closer to 50kg but you cannot grow bosoms or buttocks for him. If he is not satisfied with you now, he will definitely stray when you're married. You need someone who truly appreciates you the way you are and sees beyond your looks because looks fade with time. I think you should let him know he hurt you with his words and see his reaction. If he is not remorseful, give him some space and pray for someone else. You're still young and shouldn't be rushing into a lifetime commitment with a man who does not truly value you.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by swtcharissa(f): 4:50am On Oct 07, 2012
My dear,when I was reading ur write up,I felt I was d one who was writing cos that was my exact statistics n dat of my husband before we got married,even d age is same,I was extra slim,n he too opposite,even when we were sharing wedding invitation,I received comments like 'dis small gal'.'Dis gal na premature oo,'dis na small pikin na',(mind u am a graduate),but today,after my first baby(who I delivered 4months ago),I luk like my husbands mother,what I mean is,I have all curves showing,n nw he is begging me to take it easy oooo,lol,RELAX GAL,N ENJOY DAT SLIMNESS WHILE IT LASTS
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by AyeeIdris(f): 4:54am On Oct 07, 2012
Dear girl, 43 kg and 5"7, you may have crossed the borderline of "slim" to "anoxeric thin" (not saying you are anoxeric but for your height, 43 doesn't cut it). Your fiance's approach is obviously not good, but you would do the same for your partner if you see his weight spiralling out of control. I can understand how his friend would be teasing him all the time, that he is dating a "school girl". However, its your body. You determine the change at your own pace and not because of someone else, but it doesn't hurt to realize that it may be a problem.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by temitemi1(m): 5:18am On Oct 07, 2012
Think twice
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 07, 2012
I believe your fiance means well and he's being truthful, it takes someone that truly loves u to tell u certain things. Apparently, Your BMI is seriously low. So, You've got to work on building up your body even if not for your fiance's sake but for yourself. There's also a probability that u may just add up after childbirth cos' I used to know a lady whom I believe was kinda like you but added tremendous weight after childbirth and now looks like a real woman

BTW: Never dump any guy that tells you the truth, cuz the deceitful ones are everywhere. It takes a real man to point out the truth to a lady.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by crackhouse(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2012
Hey girl, any love that's based on sth is not true love. Love is blind and doesn't have eyes. Bye
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by LordReed(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2012
For a 22yr old at 5ft7in and 43kg you are a way under weight. Do you have an eating disorder? For your health sake put on some more weight.

As for the man in question if he is only with you for your looks sake dump his arse.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by sconsults: 7:22am On Oct 07, 2012
[size=15pt]hey,with this figure,you are the girl of my dreams,please dump him and i will marry you instantly grin[/size]
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by adolegoallywise(m): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2012
if he luvs u even if u ar crippled he ll still luv u ok. so pls do ur sef gud by dumpin him nt him dumpin u
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Sijo01(f): 8:29am On Oct 07, 2012
bennyraz: i'll take tea wink

you and tea eh!
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Jerros213(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2012
I'm not gonna say nada with regards to the topic.But hey,OP you've got some juicy lips right there...they make a brother like me go weak in the knees.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by talkingfingers: 11:01am On Oct 07, 2012
serahsadeiyare:
I weigh 43kg, he weighs 120kg.

I am slim... He is broad shouldered, all muscled and with a wide chest.

A complete mismatch, in my opinion...

serahsadeiyare:
I am slim, and my statistic is 32'26'34.

Not that bad, seriously. Kim Kardashian's are 34'26'40...

serahsadeiyare:
he started harrassing me to eat well.
He said I was too slim and I looked like a teenager beside him.
he started making statements like, "How I wish you had a bigger boob and bigger bum."

This is the man I plan to marry, what should I do?

That should be obvious. He isn't right for you. Don't try to make him.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Akposkool(m): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2012
serahsadeiyare:

Wow... But why did he ask her out if he wasn't satisfied with her physical attributes? He should have left her alone. Or was he thinking she will suddenly add weight miraculously?
maybe he had that in mind.but he 4got dat some people's stature comes from lineage
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Akposkool(m): 11:27am On Oct 07, 2012
The guy knows not what he is missing.my garl and i are of d same height abt 6ft2 and she is slim while am muscular.you need to see how i appreciate her stature cus wen i play with her she is very flexible in my arms n very athletic.slim garls are a joy 2 hav fun with n nt d overweight gays.the guy should reconsider.as for d garl,baby plz dnt over work yourself just tn please d nigga.just tell him to move 2 da left so u can see a bigger picture.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Serendipity: 11:34am On Oct 07, 2012
Appears fictitious and incredible.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by miss9ja(f): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2012
donigspain: The irony of life!!!
Exactly! this is really the irony of life. The man is obese while the girl is too light.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
Sijo01:

you and tea eh!
yea.. cowbell chocolate & three Crown milk grin
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Rooneyboy(m): 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
Jerros213: I'm not gonna say nada with regards to the topic.But hey,OP you've got some juicy lips right there...they make a brother like me go weak in the knees.

Oh boi respect urself o, she's married.
Complimenting her beauty is just ok, not yanning crap
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Rooneyboy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
Akposkool: The guy knows not what he is missing.my garl and i are of d same height abt 6ft2 and she is slim while am muscular.you need to see how i appreciate her stature cus wen i play with her she is very flexible in my arms n very athletic.slim garls are a joy 2 hav fun with n nt d overweight gays.the guy should reconsider.as for d garl,baby plz dnt over work yourself just tn please d nigga.just tell him to move 2 da left so u can see a bigger picture.

Oh boi are u a waiter
Ur pikture is scary .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Sex Till After Marriage (wedding Night)? Come In Here And C / Lady Swears On Her Mother's Life As A Proof Of Love (Video) / Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.