Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,416 members, 7,891,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:44 PM

“don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye (2833 Views)

Don’t Marry A Man With These Characteristics / How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

“don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by nenergy(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
“Don’t ever marry outside the church and you have no reason to marry outside RCCG”
-Pastor E.A Adeboye

The article is an interesting read, but the above comment makes it sound as if people from other bible believing churches aren’t Christians. Deeper life does it, Jehovah witnesses do it. Now RCCG? God dey o!!!
Here is the article I found online. Read!!

“Don’t marry outside RCCG, don’t marry a jobless man” – Pastor Adeboye advises members

In a faith-based programme, that was aired on Dove TV, the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A Adeboye, spoke on the subjects of Marriage, Music and many other things. Here’s an excerpt of the sermon:

Excerpts:
MARRIAGE advice for the GENTs

Don’t marry a Delilah! Don’t marry for beauty . Proverbs 31:30 says beauty is vain.Don’t ever marry outside the church and you have no reason to marry outside RCCG. The reason is that If you are both from the same church even when trouble comes it is easier for the pastors to handle it!

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/06/dont-marry-outside-rccg-dont-marry-jobless-man-pastor-adeboye-advises-members/
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by Pennywise(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
Pastor Adeboye is advising that all single men who are without job should forfeit their conjugal and God-given right to procreate. Is this biblical?
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by pearlhapi(f): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
Pennywise: Pastor Adeboye is advising that all single men who are without job should forfeit their conjugal and God-given right to procreate. Is this biblical?
its simple and true!for a man to get married he should have something doing even our parents and elderly ones say so too,I don't think there's sumthing wrong in that,the part I don't find funny is the part that says youths shouldn't marry outside the church
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by pheyikemi: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wotz ur own wt ds man sef? R u a member of d church? Let d members decide 4 themselves. Evry1 has a right to choose wot pleases them. Nd hw do u xpect a lady to marry a jobless man, afta marriage wil they feed on d Holyspirit?. I bliv guys shd learn frm his talk (datz if itz true anyway) think of a decent job, dnt wait 4 a white collar job nd then u wont av any problem in marrying whosoeva u want. D govt isnt providing jobs ds days, because if eventually u r jobless nd u got married, hunger wud force ur so-called wife into xtra-marital affairs wc wud eventually break d home. So u c d man is absolutely right.
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by nenergy(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
So the next time i see a beautiful lady,the 1st question i'll ask his; "which church do you worship at?" shame sad
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by pheyikemi: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
As to not marrying outside d church, he may have his reasons 4saying dat, thr is an adage in yoruba wc says ''bí kò bá ní ìdí, obìnrin kìí jé kúmólú''. I think he shd b asked why he said dat b4 u crucify him wt words
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by k2039: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2012

I have a problem with not marrying outside RCCG,thats just unnecessary,a tremendous gaffe from the GO
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by Jambsupport(f): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
He waz misquoted
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by nenergy(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Jambsupport: He waz misquoted
hahahaha. Are you his publicist? Only politicians are misquoted.lol
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by lamdec(f): 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2012
Well,I was at that meeting..and he gave reasons why he said that RCCG brothers should not marry outside RCCG....one of which includes....."So that when the woman misbehaves,we wȋ̊ℓℓ be able to call her parents and pastors that trained her"......the man is 70 and has never said something like that before,actually,he encourages brothers to marry outside the church in order to win more souls for Christ.....so for him to have said this..then α̲̅ whole lot has happened,so please don't criticize him over nothing

1 Like

Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by larrymoore(m): 6:11am On Oct 15, 2012
All our judgements, acts, includin religion practice shud be based on biblical proposition, philosophy and feeble be discarded 4 d sake of unity.
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by ijebabe: 6:51am On Oct 15, 2012
While he did give a good explanation for his statement - couples having a safeplace to handle marital issues - he ignored the part of the bible where it says the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband...who knows whether the wife shall save her husband or husband the wife.

But as a pastor he must have come across a lot of failed marriages and issues through his counsels. Maybe its better to stick to a community that share your beliefs to reduce the problems that couples face these days rather than add different faiths in the mix, making it difficult to reconcile issue saying this pastor said this or that pastor said that.

Anyway, to each his own. I don tire.
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by Mynd44: 7:23am On Oct 15, 2012
He should be more bothered with his second-in-command getting his secretary pregnant. I wonder what gives these MOGs the right to choose for people
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 15, 2012
Dont marry a jobless man, but they should impregnate their secretaries, right, like your second did? Fucktards!
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by Mynd44: 7:58am On Oct 15, 2012
sexkillz: Dont marry a jobless man, but they should impregnate their secretaries, right, like your second did? Fucktards!
Lol
Re: “don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye by mukina2: 8:17am On Oct 15, 2012

(1)

Why Men Love Light Skinned Girls More . / Why Do Ladies Feel So Hurt When Their Lovers Cheat / A Short One For Twaci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.