Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,265 members, 7,881,005 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:42 AM

Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks (40505 Views)

Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Photo: One Of The UNIPORT Students Killed For Stealing Phone And Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by vanstanzy(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2012
buhna91: Someone might have been innocent among them,they didn't even give the boys the chance to talk. Besides is a laptop or phone worth more than human life?

Ask them for me o. This is hatred.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Aimijo: 11:06am On Oct 07, 2012
So sad, why will people take laws into their hands and more over where were the police when it happened.. All these naija delta thieves ve dey killed their corrupt leaders.. Useless millitants, God will Punish evry dat participated in the killing of those boys ddey will meet their death unsually and disgracefully too.. If u chk well some of dem are thieves and murderers
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by sushieater: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2012
engineerd: THANK GOD, I DON'T HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO NIGERIA ANY LONGER BESIDES NAIRALAND. I WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO WISH IT WELL FROM A DISTANCE.
Oga your comments sha..well, nigeria doesn't need/want your connection, nigeria is already over-populated with people that are connected to her..Anyways, thanks for the look out
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Mobinga: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun:

You are a NIGERIAN,a pre-neolithic creature.

Obviously that was meant be damaging. . . it wasn't.

You have no reasonable point to make why don't you channel your supposed Nigerian hate somewhere else?

No one would give two phucks if you choke yourself to death with a Nigerian flag.

Basturd.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by vanstanzy(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2012
engineerd:

I AM SO SORRY, I RETRACT MY STATEMENT AFTER I SAW THE VIDEO! OMG, JUNGLE JUSTICE, IF ALL THOSE BOYS DID WAS STEAL WITHOUT TAKING ANYONE'S LIFE, THEN THEY DID NOT DESERVE THAT KIND OF FATE. GOD FORGIVE US ALL.....I GUESS THAT WAS JUNGLE JUSTICE OR INJUSTICE!!!

U spoke well just now. I couldnt believe ur earlier comment, it was so rash. Well, the mob video shows it all, and pls this has nothing to do with a particular tribe, so dont start a tribal war here.
Pls police fish out that mob and deal with them decisively.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by RickyRoss1(m): 11:12am On Oct 07, 2012
saintneo: For clarification purposes; UNIPORT is composed of three campuses - Delta Park, Choba Park and University Park(Abuja Park). These three campuses provide accommodation to students; however due to the population of student in the University, some students reside in the local villages - Choba, Aluu, and others(Rumuolu, Ozuba, Mgboba, Port Harcourt City). Aluu is completely off the University campuses. Consequently, this crime does not call for the closure of the University.

The University community should be angry about the loss of its students to jungle justice, there should be proper investigations into the allegation of robbery. The people of Aluu must fish out the perpetrators of the heinous crime of jungle justice. Jungle justice is not acceptable and will never be acceptable way of punishing criminals.

Well said. Those who do not know UNIPORT and Port Harcourt should not say what they dont know.
Aluu is a village very very far away from UNIPORT. That Aluu community is full of armed robbers. About 6 years ago my taxi driver was killed in that Aluu village and my taxi was not found till date. After 8pm many taxi drivers avoid going to Aluu.

Dont get me wrong, i do not support killing of innocent people, but if these guys are actually cult members then there is 80% chance they have robbed or killed before? I know many cultist, they are mostly bad guys, they can do and undo, no sane person enters cult or confra.

This guys dad may be rich, but many criminals and prostitutes are from rich homes. Current news coming out of UNIPORT says these guys are bad boys. I have couple of friends and cousins at UNIPORT. The guys are not innocent, but this is not the right way to kill them. Today someone was saying these boys has been terrorizing that village for long time now. And before they were killed they were taken to the Chief of the community but the guys lied, then the angry mob took them away and lynched them. I pity them though.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by jude33084(m): 11:12am On Oct 07, 2012
Savages in AllU communities angry
Τhe community leaders who pass Ŧħåϯ judgement should be hit

Bloody boko harams cousins angry
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by redsun(m): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2012
Mobinga:

Obviously that was meant be damaging. . . it wasn't.

You have no reasonable point to make why don't you channel your supposed Nigerian hate somewhere else?

No one would give two phucks if you choke yourself to death with a Nigerian flag.

Basturd.

Damaging!what can revive a dead body?You may think jesus will as a f-ool.

You are a dead man walking.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by vanstanzy(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2012
pro01: All this sentimental nonsense doesn't move me in the least. The ONLY question that needs to be answered is this: Were those guys ARMED robbers/cultists who robbed and intimidated fellow students and members of that community? If the answer to this question is no, then there has been a grave injustice and their killers must be fished out and punished. However, if the answer is yes, then the animals deserved to die. Any armed robber deserves to die. The moment you take up arms to intimidate and torment your fellow human, then you automatically fordeit your humanity; you are no better than a mere coachroach.

God forbids that I find my own son engaging in these atrocities (robbery, kidnapping, and other violent crimes), then by God I would be happy to see him face this same kind of justice. Nonsense.

U SUCK BIG TIME! angry angry angry Pray fervently that non of ur children will be mobbed like this. Wishing evil on people, equally makes u evil. Just read what u wrote over again, does it make sense?

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by DarkFive: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2012
Heard the students were Bad Cultists,terrosing that part of town
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by jude33084(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2012
vanstanzy: I almost shed tears when i watched the mob-attack video, its really gruesome. cry cry cry How on earth did they allow those barbarians to kill like that, its not their calling. Even if the guys actually stole, cant they hand them over to the enforcement agents. After watching the video, i knew deep down inside me that, the same fate meted out on these guys, will be meted out on their killers. I don't support theft, neither do i support jungle justice, this is in no way justice. "No sin shall go unpunished. He that kills by the sword, shall die by the sword." angry

Pls how can I get τhe video?
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by vanstanzy(m): 11:23am On Oct 07, 2012
charles009:

Paste the link jare!

Guy, i don't have the link. I watched it on my college's PC, and didnt take note of the link. Someone else could help.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by vanstanzy(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2012
jude33084:

Pls how can I get τhe video?

I have no-way of getting the link now, but i shall try. Browse www.naijapals.com and search for the vid. That should lead u there.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by maigida231(m): 11:27am On Oct 07, 2012
As a army officer I never seen something terrible like is,even boko haram bomb wouldn't suffer u as how is villager did to is boys,beaten for hours in cold blood n then kill,everything about d story luks lyk a setup and d setup rili turnout well for the planners,if rili d r robbers it will have jus have oneside story but different stories about the incident,all d people there stick to these words the say the say n no ones know the absolutely d real cause of is guys dead but were tag as robbers,if is guys r rili guilty to do wat aint gatna all feel sori for dem but nature has it own way to reveal d truth and we all feel sad,the world have change people now use logic to eliminate their victims by setup,only GOD knows now how many villagers boys r fighting for their shirt,watch and jeans to wear to wear latest clothes,may their soul rest in perfect peace amen,
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by redsun(m): 11:27am On Oct 07, 2012
Dark Five: Heard the students were Bad Cultists,terrosing that part of town

It doesnt matter what they were.There are humane ways to get rid of aggressors,but not for the sake of mere phone,laptops and smelly btches.

The only people that deserve this kind of cruel death are nigerian politicians,the mass murderers
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by saleeh: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2012
brothers, to be sincere with ourselves, the only law that is best for humanity is SHARIA, if really they'er guilty their hands will be cut, not having them killed
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 07, 2012
Forget all these fine boy faces, When these people have finished smoking indian hemp, we "ordinary" humans look like "ants" to them, so when they rob houses, even if normally they wouldnt hurt a fly, they become merciless,even beat up the victims and kill them sometimes. i cannot count how many ppl i knew died as result of these cult peoples activities. and YES, they are always cute. we had many in my class na, very goodlooking guys with quiet face, they dont talk to anybody, just stay at the back, big boys.you need to see the cars they were driving and plush apartments. Abeg make we stop to dey look face here. if say na wowo boys na, nobody for dey vex like this. i keep saying it: BE MINDFUL OF THE FRIENDS YOU KEEP!

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by sushieater: 11:40am On Oct 07, 2012
Dark Five: Heard the students were Bad Cultists,terrosing that part of town
They were not bad cultists, those boys too soft na..They only went to beat someone up that challenged one of them and the mobs caught them in the act and believed that they were robbers..The rumored cult they rep is far from being the cult group(s) that terrorize that town or that school as a matter of fact
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2012
oluole: It is unfortunate they were not given the chance to regret their actions and some funny comments are what i see here.

The day you decide to live a life of crime, just know that your death will be a shameful one. how many of you care to ask what had become of their victims over the years? One thing you all should know is that if you had ever fallen prey to these guys, then you`ll know the anger with which the mob reacted.

let me tell you a personal experience - I and my friend were going for our usual night class around 8pm through a track road that led to the main campus when we saw a touch light pointing at us urging us to stop. my friend wanted to run because he felt they could be bad boys and i told him to wait since his hands are clean. we waited and the next thing we saw was hatchet drills all over our body for reasons we don`t know and their was nobody to come to our rescue despite all our plea. we had lost all the strength in us to the extent that we could no longer resist the beating again before one of them asked us that where is the phone we stole from this girl (the victim of the stolen phone)we had to plead for our dear lives that we don`t know anything about the stolen phone and that we just left our lodge and are going to the class, we showed them our books and all we had on us. You know what, the same place that we were before we were asked to stop was the same place that these evil guys stayed and attacked 3 innocent girls at gun point till the last person who went to call the school vigilante boys who almost got us killed for what we know nothing about. If i had died, what would have become of my aging parents that prays day and night for me.

I`m not saying it is proper what the villagers did, but you need to here their own side of the story and u will understnad the reason for their actions. and sometime these guys needs these type of treatment for them to change because some of them are children of well-to-men in the society and they believe they will do anything and get away with it.

May they be judged according to their works on earth.
IT SEEMS THE INTRODUCTION OF MOBILE PHONES TO NIGERIA HAS UNLEASHED A MENACE OF DEMONS OUT OF THE POPULACE.

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2012
charles009: Being a very succesful member of the vikings confraternity! This happened in my school 8years ago, and all those who were identified among the killers suffered an identical faith of destruction by the sword! Heads decapitated, flesh torn,careers ended in an instant. Its a pity that we've been deranged to the extent of deriving pleasure in lynching people! That's barbaric and insane! Sotovos to all bastards involved! Intel...xyz.
ANIMAL& HOW HAS VIKINGS MADE U A SUCCESSFUL PERSON? WASTE OF SCHOOL FEES
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by dmitroika(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2012
tashanja: What do you expect in a country where the judicial system is so poor and corrupt where people have lost confidence as they watch the guilty getting off scot free, if not take the law into their own hands.

Its a known fact in Nigeria that anybody caught stealing in public is likely to be lynched. Those guys knew the risk and understood the consequences, yet they nevertheless went ahead took it and paid the price. I really have no pity for them but for their many innocent victims.

In fact I am still reeling from the pain of the recent loss of my phone (htc Desire HD)to pick pocketers having earlier paid 140k for it when it just came out, you can imagine how it feels knowing that those rouges would probably sell it on for as low as 10k - 15k along with very personal and some irreplaceable vital data.

Abeg, right now such people don't deserve any pity from me at all angry

So in summary what you're trying to say is that your htc phone of N140,000 is worth more value that a human life right?
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by dmitroika(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2012
tashanja: What do you expect in a country where the judicial system is so poor and corrupt where people have lost confidence as they watch the guilty getting off scot free, if not take the law into their own hands.

Its a known fact in Nigeria that anybody caught stealing in public is likely to be lynched. Those guys knew the risk and understood the consequences, yet they nevertheless went ahead took it and paid the price. I really have no pity for them but for their many innocent victims.

In fact I am still reeling from the pain of the recent loss of my phone (htc Desire HD)to pick pocketers having earlier paid 140k for it when it just came out, you can imagine how it feels knowing that those rouges would probably sell it on for as low as 10k - 15k along with very personal and some irreplaceable vital data.

Abeg, right now such people don't deserve any pity from me at all angry

So in summary what you're trying to say is that your htc phone of N140,000 is worth more value that a human life right?
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2012
berekete86: Forget all these fine boy faces, When these people have finished smoking indian hemp, we "ordinary" humans look like "ants" to them, so when they rob houses, even if normally they wouldnt hurt a fly, they become merciless,even beat up the victims and kill them sometimes. i cannot count how many ppl i knew died as result of these cult peoples activities. and YES, they are always cute. we had many in my class na, very goodlooking guys with quiet face, they dont talk to anybody, just stay at the back, big boys.you need to see the cars they were driving and plush apartments. Abeg make we stop to dey look face here. if say na wowo boys na, nobody for dey vex like this. i keep saying it: BE MINDFUL OF THE FRIENDS YOU KEEP!

You dey mind them? Because someone is goodlooking or has well to do parents, we should overlook their atrocities and sympathise with them when they reap the consequences of their actions abi?

The fact is that Nigeria is a messed up society. If these so called 'fine boys' had been robbing, raping and terrorising people in that community, and they had been caught and handed over to the police, what would have happened? They would simply have their useless well-to-do parents bail them out, and they would immediately go back to their violent crimes. Is that justice?

As long as our law enforcement and criminal justice system remains a joke, we should stop comparing ourselves with the western world. Armed robbers caught in the act should be summarily executed (unless they have useful information to give, after which they should be killed). Whether they are as handsome as Mr. Universe or as ugly as a chimpanzee, they should be eliminated abeg. . .I hate violent criminals with a passion. If we all decide to take up arms, then there would be no society. A few bastards cannot arrogate a monopoly of criminal violence to themselves as if the rest of us are fools.

4 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by ayox2003: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
oluole: It is unfortunate they were not given the chance to regret their actions and some funny comments are what i see here.

The day you decide to live a life of crime, just know that your death will be a shameful one. how many of you care to ask what had become of their victims over the years? One thing you all should know is that if you had ever fallen prey to these guys, then you`ll know the anger with which the mob reacted.

let me tell you a personal experience - I and my friend were going for our usual night class around 8pm through a track road that led to the main campus when we saw a touch light pointing at us urging us to stop. my friend wanted to run because he felt they could be bad boys and i told him to wait since his hands are clean. we waited and the next thing we saw was hatchet drills all over our body for reasons we don`t know and their was nobody to come to our rescue despite all our plea. we had lost all the strength in us to the extent that we could no longer resist the beating again before one of them asked us that where is the phone we stole from this girl (the victim of the stolen phone)we had to plead for our dear lives that we don`t know anything about the stolen phone and that we just left our lodge and are going to the class, we showed them our books and all we had on us. You know what, the same place that we were before we were asked to stop was the same place that these evil guys stayed and attacked 3 innocent girls at gun point till the last person who went to call the school vigilante boys[b] who almost got us killed for what we know nothing about[/b]. If i had died, what would have become of my aging parents that prays day and night for me.

I`m not saying it is proper what the villagers did, but you need to here their own side of the story and u will understnad the reason for their actions. and sometime these guys needs these type of treatment for them to change because some of them are children of well-to-men in the society and they believe they will do anything and get away with it.

You're lucky to be alive and u can still display crass stu.pidity to those who have never even passed through the near-death beating your receive on that fortunate day ?

C'mon, you would have been dead by now, had they come to ur rescue. Died for what u never did!!!

Thank your stars that u were lucky to tell the tales. Those boys don't deserve to die like that, okay?
And let it sink into your brain!!!!

Frawzey
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by e9teen(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
redsun:

Right in the heart of university community.All the perpetrators are all students,undergraduats,and even post graduates.And i wont be surprise if lecturers were involve.

U mst be a retard! Fish brain! Ever heard of d word indigene?
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by ayox2003: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2012

let me tell you a personal experience - I and my friend were going for our usual night class around 8pm through a track road that led to the main campus when we saw a touch light pointing at us urging us to stop. my friend wanted to run because he felt they could be bad boys and i told him to wait since his hands are clean. we waited and the next thing we saw was hatchet drills all over our body for reasons we don`t know and their was nobody to come to our rescue despite all our plea. we had lost all the strength in us to the extent that we could no longer resist the beating again before one of them asked us that where is the phone we stole from this girl (the victim of the stolen phone)we had to plead for our dear lives that we don`t know anything about the stolen phone and that we just left our lodge and are going to the class, we showed them our books and all we had on us. You know what, the same place that we were before we were asked to stop was the same place that these evil guys stayed and attacked 3 innocent girls at gun point till the last person who went to call the school vigilante boys who almost got us killed for what we know nothing about . If i had died, what would have become of my aging parents that prays day and night for me.

You're lucky to be alive and u can still display crass stu.pidity to those who have never even passed through the near-death beating you receive on that unfortunate day ?

C'mon, you would have been dead by now, had they not come to ur rescue. Died for what u never did!!!

Thank your stars that u were lucky to tell the tale. Those boys didn't deserve to die like that, okay?

And let it sink into your brain!!!!

Frawzey
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by DarkFive: 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
Babzilla:
ANIMAL& HOW HAS VIKINGS MADE U A SUCCESSFUL PERSON? WASTE OF SCHOOL FEES

@Charles 009 /mr vikings!!At this age & time, u still full of shit...peepz lik u deceived these boys into a quick end to a short life.
And what was the gain for U & these young men
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by iykeG(m): 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2012

let me tell you a personal experience - I and my friend were going for our usual night class around 8pm through a track road that led to the main campus when we saw a touch light pointing at us urging us to stop. my friend wanted to run because he felt they could be bad boys and i told him to wait since his hands are clean. we waited and the next thing we saw was hatchet drills all over our body for reasons we don`t know and their was nobody to come to our rescue despite all our plea. we had lost all the strength in us to the extent that we could no longer resist the beating again before one of them asked us that where is the phone we stole from this girl (the victim of the stolen phone)we had to plead for our dear lives that we don`t know anything about the stolen phone and that we just left our lodge and are going to the class, we showed them our books and all we had on us. You know what, the same place that we were before we were asked to stop was the same place that these evil guys stayed and attacked 3 innocent girls at gun point till the last person who went to call the school vigilante boys who almost got us killed for what we know nothing about. If i had died, what would have become of my aging parents that prays day and night for me.

What the villagers did was a barbaric act and it is not done anywhere in civilized world. Crime happens and the level of this crime does not warrant death. There is no justification for such an act. Forget about what they might have done in the past, it is not justifiable. This may be their first time and for some reasons. Everybody deserve a fair hearing no matter what. How can human beings be so wicked to the extent committing this kind act. There no one without a sin so why cast the first stone. I consider everybody that was at the scene of this brutal act a murderer. Why do we have the law enforcing agencies or are those phones and laptops not returnable? WHAT A COUNTRY! GOD HELP US ALL.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by CastleandGreen: 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
Do not be decisive whatsoever a man sow that he will reap.
Woe unto those who carry blood on their hands.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
Exactly my point, ONE of them might be innocent, that is why i say BE CAREFUL OF THE COMPANY YOU KEEP!
vanstanzy:

Ask them for me o. This is hatred.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by gidiMonsta(m): 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
Not justifying the act of the mob, but these boiz were foolish irresponsible boys. They were in that town to beat up another student and were caught only to be delivered the type of treatment they intended for others. If u've ever been a victim of cultism u'll find it hard to have any pity for them. Most of them are blood thirsty bastards who deserve every bad thing coming their way.

The only issue I have with jungle justice is that any innocent person can fall into it, so despite my past experience and inherent hatred for these satan spawns, I do not support what I saw in that video.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
engineerd: YOUR SON WAS A THIEF! DEAL WITH IT! Igbo KWENU!!!!!

Man, how crass can you get? A father's dealing with the loss of his son, and you come out with this? Where's your sense of humanity?

SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Man For Raping 20-year-old In Church (photo) / Man Arrested For Selling Late Father’s House For N500k In Lagos (pic) / Wife Exposes Husband Who Rapes Minor In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.