Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,078 members, 7,880,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:52 PM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50327 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2013
Demdem:

Then we don't need a special debate for that. Just open a thread about it and NLers will come in and air their views. That is what we have presently.
oh i see! whether the debate is special or not,or few people are allowed to talk,i think most nairalanders are very interested in the topic.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2013
berem: oh i see! whether the debate is special or not,or few people are allowed to talk,i think most nairalanders are very interested in the topic.

I have no issue with the topic, its cool. What I have issues with is calling it a debate. If u can call that a debate then all threads on nairaland are debates afterall na the same format.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 29, 2013
Demdem:

I have no issue with the topic, its cool. What I have issues with is calling it a debate. If u can call that a debate then all threads on nairaland are debates afterall na the same format.
lol! now i understand where you are driving at. grin grin.Afterall there is a difference between debate and discussion.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by manny4life(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2013
berem: lol! now i understand where you are driving at. grin grin.Afterall there is a difference between debate and discussion.

IMO, they have same concept (sharing informative ideas), but each structure and approach is VERY different.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 29, 2013
manny4life:

IMO, they have same concept (sharing informative ideas), but each structure and approach is VERY different.
probably i was referring to a discussion then. smiley
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 9:37am On Jan 29, 2013
Most discussions in the politics section are actually debates.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by manny4life(m): 9:43am On Jan 29, 2013
berem: probably i was referring to a discussion then. smiley

Discussion or debate are pretty much same thing, to some extent, what we have here on NL does have the debate concept but for it to be called "debate" we need structure such as "time limit", "focused sub topics", "Q & A", "polling" if necessary etc. We achieve the same desired results when we argue here (discussion), but structure makes it different.

Well then, personally, I think we should go for a real debate with structure but at same time, certain things need to change.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by NegroNtns(m): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
manny4life:

Discussion or debate are pretty much same thing, to some extent, what we have here on NL does have the debate concept but for it to be called "debate" we need structure such as "time limit", "focused sub topics", "Q & A", "polling" if necessary etc. We achieve the same desired results when we argue here (discussion), but structure makes it different.

Well then, personally, I think we should go for a real debate with structure but at same time, certain things need to change.

you responded well and i will say, again, that the original vision had strategy but that vision was lost. we balled in; and are now talking process.

let's position the horse infront of the buggy..... there's need to recommit the vision and the structure that you talk about should be formulated on that goal.

what is the goal and will the outcome of this debates serve as input to something else upstream or is it an end in itself (a proving ground of some sort)? Jarus, in his opening to the project had a nice advertisement of the objective. why did we divert from that objective?

the debates need to be unique and non-traditional ..... completely upscale and different from our everyday shout and holler madness in the regular forum.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Most discussions in the politics section are actually debates.
True
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by garrix8: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Negro_Ntns: the debates need to be unique and non-traditional ..... completely upscale and different from our everyday shout and holler madness in the regular forum.

Nice one. Hope this lazy dude sees ur comment...

It's obvious he has no idea how an organised debate is meant to be

cheesy

Afam4eva: Most discussions in the politics section are actually debates.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 1:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Afam, for the mere fact some folks want you to fail, don't give into them. Don't worry Afam, if you need help with organizing the debate, I'll help...
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 1:53am On Jan 30, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

you responded well and i will say, again, that the original vision had strategy but that vision was lost. we balled in; and are now talking process.

let's position the horse infront of the buggy..... there's need to recommit the vision and the structure that you talk about should be formulated on that goal.

what is the goal and will the outcome of this debates serve as input to something else upstream or is it an end in itself (a proving ground of some sort)? Jarus, in his opening to the project had a nice advertisement of the objective. why did we divert from that objective?

the debates need to be unique and non-traditional ..... completely upscale and different from our everyday shout and holler madness in the regular forum.

I have to agree with you and unfortunately, I haven't seen the vision nor the objective of the last two debates. I always thought the prime objective for debates were to educate and learn from each other by exchanging ideas though with opposing perspective and to develop our skills be it social speaking or writing or whatever.

To me, I was lost on the core objective that is why I asked for restructuring. Based upon our goals, that will be the defining moment for the structure process. If this debate is anything to go by, like you said, it needs upscale touch. Let's not argue to impress others with with English, but argue to impact others with our knowledge. Let every argument focus our theme objective yet structured.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by garrix8: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Obiora4life: .Afam, for the mere fact some folks want you to fail, don't give into them Don't worry Afam, if you need help with organizing the debate, I'll help...

With all due respect sir, I think the bolded part of ur comment is actually senseless. Afam is just being intellectually lazy. He's been around long enough to know how to organise a debate. Besides, Seun has pledged to fully support this month's debate. So what's the blame game about.

If this month's debate fails, it will be a pointer to the level of ineptitude, cluelessness and intellectual laziness of the organisers..

Oh! I forgot, its actually in ur genes to blame everyone else except urself for ur failures... cheesy
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2013
garri (x8):

With all due respect sir, I think the bolded part of ur comment is actually senseless. Afam is just being intellectually lazy. He's been around long enough to know how to organise a debate. Besides, Seun has pledged to fully support this month's debate. So what's the blame game about.

If this month's debate fails, it will be a pointer to the level of ineptitude, cluelessness and intellectual laziness of the organisers..

Oh! I forgot, its actually in ur genes to blame everyone else except urself for ur failures... cheesy
STFU Malcom! angry angry could you please give Afam some breathing space? what the fucck is wrong with you? you keep on looking for trouble.If you know you are more intelligent than him,why dont you organize the debate yourself? Boy,quit being a nuisance and stop trolling. its not worth it. undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by garrix8: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2013
berem: STFU Malcom! angry angry could you please give Afam some breathing space? what the fucck is wrong with you? you keep on looking for trouble.If you know you are more intelligent than him,why not organize the debate by yourself.boy,quit being a nuisance and stop trolling. its not worth it. undecided undecided

Why don't you STFU and carefully back off if you've got nothing sensible to say before I pulverise ur little brain...

cool

5 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Garrix9: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
@Seun:

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
Obiora4life:

I have to agree with you and unfortunately, I haven't seen the vision nor the objective of the last two debates. I always thought the prime objective for debates were to educate and learn from each other by exchanging ideas though with opposing perspective and to develop our skills be it social speaking or writing or whatever.

To me, I was lost on the core objective that is why I asked for restructuring. Based upon our goals, that will be the defining moment for the structure process. If this debate is anything to go by, like you said, it needs upscale touch. Let's not argue to impress others with with English, but argue to impact others with our knowledge. Let every argument focus our theme objective yet structured.

Restructuring is fine. Nothing wrong in tinkering with a process to achieve better result.

I however don't agree with the bolded. I think the two debates we've had in the past, especially the amalgamation one, achieved our vision. A lot of issues around amalgamation was brought into spotlight. I, for one, learned from it and majority of audience also confirmed learning. That's the spirit.

4 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by peacekeeper: 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
garri (x8):

You should be banned "TILL JESUS COMES"....

cheesy

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
garri (x8):

Apparently I couldn't blame you more if the garri you've been on has impaired you ability to think. With all due respect, and you think all these is actually sensible? That's the problem with you guys, what makes you believe that because someone has been around he knows how to perform organization (I'm not saying he can't)? Over the last few pages, a lot of have poured their venom on him "including you" because has been trying to reach a resolve on pleasing people like you. Your types are lucky you don't have someone radical and careless like me organizing this debate, I would have put people like you in your place.

The blame game isn't a blame, I haven't blamed anyone. If you can't read, go back and read again. That I said as much as few people will like to see this fail (FACT) - a lot of people had made such comments suggesting its failure because Jarus said he will be on the sidelines and not the person organizing it, so what's wrong in what I said? How does that translate into blame? The stuff hasn't strated, so where's the blame game about

No if this month's debate fails, it will be a pointer to the level of bigotry of people like you who continue to castigate yet you're short of ideas and most importantly SUPPORT. If you love this debate and want it to succeed, you can either volunteer your time and be part of it or you can sit on the sidelines and continue what you're good at --- CASTIGATING AND CONTINUOUS BICKERING.

Failure is not a bad thing, but giving into failure is what's bad. People learn and improve from failures. There were so many things that started on NL that was literally DOA, yet, it was fine and wonderful by you. Afam fails on his first try, it becomes ineptitude, and intellectual laziness, what does that tell of you? Meanwhile, the first debate on here had "overwhelming support" and if I was correct, cuddledemi, alongst with lots of folks planned it but it wasn't 100% success but Afam takes on it not even with the overwhelming support but constant criticism and it becomes intellectual ineptitude... SMH on how low people will subject themselves to

We blame others for our failure but you forgot whats in your own genes - always playing two-sided and NEVER have a firm stand on an issue YET CAN NEVER EVER say the truth even if it's right in front of you.

3 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by batstan(m): 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
Your types are lucky you don't have someone radical and careless like me organizing this debate, I would have put people like you in your place.

Mazi Anyim....nndewo
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus:

Restructuring is fine. Nothing wrong in tinkering with a process to achieve better result.

I however don't agree with the bolded. I think the two debates we've had in the past, especially the amalgamation one, achieved our vision. A lot of issues around amalgamation was brought into spotlight. I, for one, learn from it and majority of audience also confirmed learning. That's the spirit.

Ok, brother I respect your opinion. If you believed it achieved our vision (which I really don't know what it is), then it's fine with me. For me, I just speaking from observation.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
batstan: Your types are lucky you don't have someone radical and careless like me organizing this debate, I would have put people like you in your place.

Mazi Anyim....nndewo

Anyim kwa? Haha

Mazi Batstan, ekene'm gi
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by peacekeeper: 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Obiora4life:

Apparently I couldn't blame you more if the garri you've been on has impaired you ability to think. With all due respect, and you think all these is actually sensible? That's the problem with you guys, what makes you believe that because someone has been around he knows how to perform organization (I'm not saying he can't)? Over the last few pages, a lot of have poured their venom on him "including you" because has been trying to reach a resolve on pleasing people like you. Your types are lucky you don't have someone radical and careless like me organizing this debate, I would have put people like you in your place.

The blame game isn't a blame, I haven't blamed anyone. If you can't read, go back and read again. That I said as much as few people will like to see this fail (FACT) - a lot of people had made such comments suggesting its failure because Jarus said he will be on the sidelines and not the person organizing it, so what's wrong in what I said? How does that translate into blame? The stuff hasn't strated, so where's the blame game about

No if this month's debate fails, it will be a pointer to the level of bigotry of people like you who continue to castigate yet you're short of ideas and most importantly SUPPORT. If you love this debate and want it to succeed, you can either volunteer your time and be part of it or you can sit on the sidelines and continue what you're good at --- CASTIGATING AND CONTINUOUS BICKERING.

Failure is not a bad thing, but giving into failure is what's bad. People learn and improve from failures. There were so many things that started on NL that was literally DOA, yet, it was fine and wonderful by you. Afam fails on his first try, it becomes ineptitude, and intellectual laziness, what does that tell of you? Meanwhile, the first debate on here had "overwhelming support" and if I was correct, cuddledemi, alongst with lots of folks planned it but it wasn't 100% success but Afam takes on it not even with the overwhelming support but constant criticism and it becomes intellectual ineptitude... SMH on how low people will subject themselves to

We blame others for our failure but you forgot whats in your own genes - always playing two-sided and NEVER have a firm stand on an issue YET CAN NEVER EVER say the truth even if it's right in front of you.

You aint making sense at all..... undecided
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
Trouble Maker:

You aint making sense at all..... undecided

It's not supposed to make sense to the little minds... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by peacekeeper: 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
Obiora4life:

It's not supposed to make sense to the little minds... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Actually the senseless thrash you typed up there confirms Garri's submission about you and your type..

cheesy
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
Trouble Maker:

Actually the senseless thrash you typed up there confirms Garri's submission about you and your type..

cheesy

AGAIN, PERHAPS SOMEONE MISSED THE MEMO

Obiora4life:

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by peacekeeper: 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
Obiora4life:

AGAIN, PERHAPS SOMEONE MISSED THE MEMO

Ok kid, run along, go play outside with ur friends. This thread is for mature and sensible folks..
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
Trouble Maker:

Ok kid, run along, go play outside with ur friends. This thread is for mature and sensible folks..

Again, someone seems to miss the memo, here is is for you again.

Obiora4life:

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by peacekeeper: 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
Obiora4life:

Again, someone seems to miss the memo, here is is for you again.

Dear Lord Jesus!!!

Which school did you attend??

Mr. Man quit disgracing urself and ur teachers... Say something sensible or keep shut!!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
Trouble Maker:

Mr. Man quit disgracing urself... Say something sensible or keep shut!!

Oops, did I just hurt someone's ego or something?

Look dude, you can either get the hell out of my back, OR SHUT THE FU.C.K UP.

Stop disgracing myself? LOL, hat kind of weed are you on? What parts of my post did you not get? They say the truth is hard to hear...I have contributed to the post already with different submission.

I replied to Garri who replied to my post, and not you. In your bid to defend him or more so, play the mockery game, you came across foo.lish which really didn't help your cause. Unless I wrote in Swahili, how do you attack me, and at same time claiming I should say something sensible?

If you're indeed smart, dispute what I've written or you should be the shutting up....SIMPLE FACT.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obiora4life: 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
Trouble Maker:

Dear Lord Jesus!!!

Which school did you attend??

Mr. Man quit disgracing urself and ur teachers... Say something sensible or keep shut!!

LOL..

You want to use English language...

The school I attended, you cannot afford it...FACT...

Yes I made a typo error, and YES I ADMIT, AND YES, Just like everyone else, I'M NOT IMMUNE TO ERRORS...
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
Is this the debate thread or did I mis-click?
Let me check. . .
Brb

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / Oby Ezekwesili Tweets About Sugabelly(photo) / Senator Ben Murray-bruce Mocks Change Slogan Of APC Led-government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.