Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,353 members, 7,920,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:21 AM

Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? (13075 Views)

Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mochafella(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2006
@Nas

Skintite made a general observation, which is not restricted by borders. Or is the criteria for greatness as a coach substantially different from one league to the other?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2006
Skintite:

Wenger gave them world recognition

Gave Kanu/Beckgham a worldwide recognition?

Please, please and please.

nightrider:

kola there is no player who is not known, this is a simple matter. it's whether they are regarded as brilliant, that is the matter.

when was the first time you heard the name vieira , was it not in highbury. he was sitting in reserves at milan.
the issue here is that wenger takes players that are just good and makes them superstars , thats what we are saying.
so relax.

did you know toure or eboue, now people are saying they are fantastic defenders. did you know anelka. give props were props is due jo.
how won't 10 million be expensive, when juve had just bought him. they had to make profit.

Anelka is a good investment quite alright.

I repeat £10m in 1999 is very expensive.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2006
At the moment, premiership best Coach is Benitez.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Skintite(f): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2006
@akola plzzzzzzzz
on what basis?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2006
you are joking. you are really joking
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2006
nightrider:

you are joking. you are really joking

Skintite:

@akola plzzzzzzzz
on what basis?

I choose who i believe is the best in today's premiership.

You people think i will choose Professor Wenger.

You must be joking.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 10:23am On Apr 20, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Kola: No one is trying to stretch your neck to make an obvious choice. Just accept it Wenger is the best. Did you watch yesterdays Champions league match between Arsenal and Villareal? Did you see the theatrics on the part of the visitors? I will give each one of them an Oscar for simulation. Wenger read their dossier and prepared well for them. If not for the shortsighted assitant referee things would have been different. They haven't seen anything yet. Ask Real Madrid and Juventus.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 10:34am On Apr 20, 2006
Nas05:

Kola: No one is trying to stretch your neck to make an obvious choice.

Nas05:

Just accept it Wenger is the best.

OK SIR!

Nas05:

Did you watch yesterdays Champions league match between Arsenal and Villareal?

No Sir

Nas05:

Wenger read their dossier and prepared well for them.

Thats true and thats how he's been reading all the matches well in England this Season, he is excellent.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Skintite(f): 10:47am On Apr 20, 2006
U dont have to be sarcastic akola

Just tell us why u give benitez the credit, simple undecided
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 11:02am On Apr 20, 2006
Thanks skintite. A healthy discussion should not be turned into a forum for sarcasm. I may say Wnger is the best but I have a lot of respect for all coaches and managers. The stress that goes with the job is enormous. Remember Houlier had a heart attack on the field. Lets not take anything away from all coaches. Being the best doesn't translate to winning all matches though Arsenal did it emphatically sometime ago. The flair and beauty of a game, interpretation of matches and proper motivation of players; on the bench, on the field or not listed for a match goes a long way to tell who is who. Even when you lose, what is your comportment? How do you dust yourself and move on? Wenger has it all.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 11:28am On Apr 20, 2006
Nas05:

Kola: No one is trying to stretch your neck to make an obvious choice. Just accept it Wenger is the best.

Nas05:

A healthy discussion should not be turned into a forum for sarcasm.

It is indeed a health discussion, soon Seun will be compelled to christened this Sports section Gunners Sports.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2006
kola is not our fault that gunners are always active and confident, we always overwhelm the opposition, where are your chelsea fans in this section let them stand up and be counted. stop vexxing for us. grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2006
Though i am Chelsea to the core but i give objective opinion.

And i will continue to do that.

everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion but nobody can force a falsefull fact(s) on me. No way!

Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Skintite(f): 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2006
Yes u are entittled to ur opinion akola smiley

But some of us are not as football litrate as u think
so u may educate us more by sayin what benitez has done

I think deep in ur heart u want to say morinho, but u know u'll be attacked grin grin
so u rather choose benitez than wenger, abi? undecided
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2006
Skintite:

But some of us are not as football litrate as u think

Stop flattering me, nobody is an Island. Sport members here are very good. i can mention at least 5 members here who are highly informed.

Skintite:

but u know u'll be attacked

Who is going to attack me?

Do i care?
You should know that i am not a Quiter.
I enjoy people challenging me Constructively Not personal attack.

Imagine one new member joined recently, his first post was to attack my person, he says " i yarn like somebody wey no get sense".

I am waiting for him.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Skintite(f): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2006
@akola,
am not flatterin u, u are well informed thats all

And u still havnt answered my question
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Nas05: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2006
Hi skintite. As you know we Gunners don't like making too much noise but when someone is trying to throw some self-made facts at us, we dig into our rich archive of triumph and overwhelm them. I say "To your tents O arsenal haters" we can't be conquered. Not now, not ever.
Keep moving my cool bros.
Those blue boys should not even start by mentioning Mourinho or we start a new chapter. We have ready made bullets to bring them down. Thats why they call us "THE GUNNERS" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 10:36am On Apr 21, 2006
Skintite:

And u still havnt answered my question

I am waiting for Nigtrider
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by cammax7(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2006
The best coach in the premiership would have to be Morinho. In his five years or so of his coaching career he has only lost 18 matches!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Priscila(f): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2006
18 is too much for him to lose in 5 years!
I will say Morinho is good cos he has converted a group of under-achievers into the best team in England! For that,he has a distinction for buying good players with Abramovich money, Now he can only look for a team spirit!

For the one who does with what he has, is Wenger!He can make me to be the best if am ready to learn!
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 11:04am On Apr 21, 2006
Nas05:

Thats why they call us "THE GUNNERS" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They call you Gunners because from history you have link with the millitary and it is a known fact that throughout the world millitary are Dictators which is obvious in this forum.

Nas05:

Those blue boys should not even start by mentioning Mourinho or we start a new chapter. We have ready made bullets to bring them down. Thats why they call us "THE GUNNERS" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am now coming to your level now.

It is Jose Mourinho.

Oya, i am expecting the bullet(s) or your new chapter.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by lordimpaq(m): 11:53am On Apr 21, 2006
i think ferguson is the best. though am a gunner

if wenger wins this year's UCL then.maybe he'll be one of the best
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by bolaoni(m): 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2006
I wonder what people are saying when they say Wenger is the best shocked

Nobody is saying Wenger isn't good, but not as good as Fergie!

Maybe the person posting should clarify whether it is the best coach for this season or for a long time.

If it is for this season, I think Mourinho is shoulders ahead of all the others but if it is all time: Fergie has no rival followed by Mr. Wenger.

I have heard some gooners saying it is only Mr. Wenger that knows how to discover young/wasting talents and turn them to gold shocked

It is in issues like this that we know those that are blinded by sheer patrotism, I won't be surprised if most of you are part of those saying Baba Iyabo is the best thing to happen to us. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by lordimpaq(m): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2006
@balaoni

not exactly

i'm a gunner and i said ferguson is the best,

and one more thing, baba iyabo is not the best thing that has happened to us
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by bolaoni(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2006
@lordi,

Not you jare my brother. You are an objective person but not all Gunners here are, with the exception of few other guys.

We all know the truth but we just want to do as if our man is the best. Why?
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Akolawole(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2006
bolaoni:

I have heard some gooners saying it is only Mr. Wenger that knows how to discover young/wasting talents and turn them to gold shocked

Exactly BolaOni

Did they know how many players Baba Alex has developed?
David Beckham, Giggs, Neville brothers to mention but few.

Did they know it was Jose that made Barca's Deco, Maniche, Tiago, Cavaliho refined Ben Macharty etc ?

I wonder for them o.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Fimmy(m): 4:04am On Apr 25, 2006
man united
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by Skintite(f): 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2006
@fimmy

na wa o!
man u?
best coach??
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by otolorin(m): 11:29am On Apr 27, 2006
GUNNERS 4 LIFE!
i love it wen i have to talk ARSENAL.
Who else could have led a team to a record of over 4,410 hours of un beaten football play?
who else could confidently lead a formation of 4-5-1 at a time the world tinks its most dangerous - against villaREAL?
and watchout for the predator-WENGER that'll bring down the prey-REIKJAARD
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by mochafella(m): 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2006
otolorin:

who else could confidently lead a formation of 4-5-1 at a time the world tinks its most dangerous - against villaREAL?

um who thinks 4-5-1 is the most dangerous formation? I think you are exaggerating due to the euphoria of occasion. If anything it's the best formation for a slow moving team that pipes its attacks thru a single midfield playmaker. Dangerous would have been to come out guns blazing when you already have an advantage.
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by lavivi(f): 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2006
[b]It amazes me that some people here in this thread/sport forum that claims to love soccer or soccer fans can not analyze the beauty of this lovely game called Soccer,rather they based their analyses on Sentiments.

Every soccer fan knew that Brazil is the best soccer nation because they play colourful football
On the topic of This Thread'' Who is the best coach in premiership?'' The Answer is ''Arsene Wenger'' That's why he is called ''The Professor''      Look at his Acheivements and Records Since he came to Premiership. Arsenal is the not richest Club in England,Yet They Challenge and Set a record which Richer Clubs re yet to beat.

He gave some  players chances when  the world taught they(players) don't have anything again to offer. Wenger brings out the best in all his players

Wenger's Style of  football is so Entertaining and 'Sexy' that Ladies like me developed a high passion for Soccer

He set an undefeatable league runs and now European Champion league record of unbeaten runs as ''UNDER DOGS''

Yes I know most will argue he makes some tactical errors,but tell any Field Marshal or commander in battle field that makes no mistake.

Tell me the best coach so far in the world that his tactics has not failed in the field of play

He maybe sacarstic in his words because he need to protect his players and club. Soccer is like war,sometimes you propaganda to
protect your army

When he dropped Kanu Nwankwo from the Team,Some Nigerian fan turned aganist him,yet he gave Kanu Nwankwo the
oppturnity to when Inter dumped him[/b]
Re: Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? by nightrider: 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2006
babe i'm a gunner but i think fergie is the best.
arsene's teams are the most entertaining. but fergie is the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

France Vs Republic Of Ireland: Euro 2016 (2 - 1) On 26th June 2016 / Manchester United Vs Everton (2 - 1) On 28th October 2018 / Football Supporters On Nairaland And Their Attitude.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.