Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,960 members, 7,927,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:21 AM

Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) (13237 Views)

‘we Faked Street Fights To Rob Hotels, Guests’ (picture) / DSS Operative Shoots Bride, Groom, Guests At Wedding Reception / Guests Kill 29-year-old Motorcyclist At Birthday Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by banom(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
Philadelphia police have been investigating a violent brawl inside a hotel between the guests of two different wedding parties that left one man dead from an apparent heart attack, and three others arrested.

Dozens of police officers responded to the violent clash in the lobby of the Sheraton Society Hill in Philadelphia Sunday around 2 a.m. At one point the fight got so chaotic that police used batons on those who resisted their efforts to break up the fight. One person had to be subdued with a Taser. Police said the use of such force was justified.

A 57-year-old man was found apparently undergoing a heart attack on the street outside the hotel and later died at a nearby hospital. His name has not been released by police, but he was reportedly the uncle of one of the brides, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Police arrested three people following the brawl, including the man who was Tasered. Police said he would be charged with assault on a police officer, according to ABC station WPVI-TV.

"I just thought it was very sad, because it's suppose to be a special occasion and for something like that to happen, I just felt bad for the families," hotel guest Chris Himes told WPVI.

The entire melee was captured on video and posted on YouTube by hotel guest Max Schultz, who was awakened by the ruckus.

"There were tons of people, probably 75 to 100 people," he said.

Police said that the fight began as a confrontation between relatives and friends attending the wedding held at the hotel earlier Saturday night. When people attending a second wedding held elsewhere arrived at the hotel bar, police said the original confrontation escalated.

(ABC)Police told WPVI that alcohol fueled the fight as rising tempers took over.

In the video, an officer can be seen trying to hold back one of the brides while a man in a tuxedo was thrown to the floor.

Schultz, who was in town celebrating his 15th birthday with his family, can be overhead in the video asking, "Did they just deck the bride?"

"They started shoving each other and at that point I had started fumbling with my camera," said Schultz.

Schultz's video is now evidence, and police continue to review it to determine if additional people will face charges for their actions at this wedding reception that unexpectedly became a real bash.

Source
http://gma.yahoo.com/1-man-dead-heart-attack-3-arrested-hotel-070608925--abc-news-topstories.html
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 09, 2012
Death at a wedding.
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by MyneWhite1(f): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2012
I saw this on the news and it's really sad, what a memory one would have of their wedding day undecided

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/search/label/weddings
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Mynd44: 6:56am On Oct 09, 2012
Too bad.
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by mrperfect(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2012
This is sad, could it be that they were drunk?
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Zenanted(m): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2012
thngs wey worse pass am dne happen 4 naija na..... Or cnt u remember d recent one at ikeja where d bride died in a ghastly motor accident on her way 2d alter! Jst pray 4d best on ur ceremony day cuz anythng cn happen
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by chucky234(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2012
Hmmm oyinbo agberos on parade

2 Likes

Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by omenziate(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2012
Oyibos don chop belleful jare, any madness dem display na for dem pocket. E no increase minimum wage for naija.

1 Like

Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by angelTI(f): 9:19am On Oct 09, 2012
Odd indeed!!! wat cud possibly cause d brawl?
NLanders wud av responded to dis aggressively if it had apened in naija
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Areaboy2(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2012
I'm not sure I see what is sad here. A bunch of men acting like little boys after soaking up some booze and even punching the bride!!! wow

It is rather annoying

1 Like

Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by freecocoa(f): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2012
Hian o.
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by woky: 9:33am On Oct 09, 2012
no b small tin o
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by remmyton(f): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2012

cry cry cry
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by maclatunji: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2012
Zenanted: thngs wey worse pass am dne happen 4 naija na..... Or cnt u remember d recent one at ikeja where d bride died in a ghastly motor accident on her way 2d alter! Jst pray 4d best on ur ceremony day cuz anythng cn happen

You were there? People like you should learn to stop peddling false stories. I know your type; you get excited at the slightest whiff of a rumour, make it bigger and pass it on authoritatively. Shaking my head.
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by maclatunji: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: Hian o.

When did "Ahn Ahn" become "Hian"? You are not the only one that uses it nowadays. Just curious. Later it will become "ian" then "an" then "n".

1 Like

Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Ejine(m): 9:41am On Oct 09, 2012
Two weddings and a funeral.

1 Like

Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by bestower: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2012
Typical entertainment after wedding for there guests i guess.
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Ariyke: 10:14am On Oct 09, 2012
So sad to enjoin a wedding anniversary with death remembrance!!
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by kevoh(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2012
Proof that crazy things can happen anywhere in the world,it just takes the right number of crazy people to convene(come together).Nigerians should reduce the way they castigate Nigeria everytime.
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by emenim(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2012
They (guest) have not learned that in a public place like that you have to swallow your pride and learn to tolerate each other for things to flow smoothly. It was not good at all, and should be discouraged.
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by hardbody: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2012
If it happened here in Nigeria, all these been-to's and wanna be's will start calling us all sorts of names. I am waiting to hear or read any scathing remarks on that show of shame

2 Likes

Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Todaynatoday: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2012
America, a place where anything goes..
Abeg make una leave those people, dem don chop belleful, the remaining tin na to run mad
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by freecocoa(f): 11:25am On Oct 09, 2012
maclatunji:

When did "Ahn Ahn" become "Hian"? You are not the only one that uses it nowadays. Just curious. Later it will become "ian" then "an" then "n".
And whatever gave you the impression that I meant to say "Ahn Ahn"? Hian o is quite different from what you are talking about, I've been hearing\saying it all my life and its mostly used by the easterners so stand corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by coalcoal1(m): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2012
Pls, where is the video link?
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by tjskii(f): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2012
maclatunji:

cheesy cheesy ahn ahn is an exclamation mostly used in d south,while hian is used in d east
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by enomakos(m): 11:57am On Oct 09, 2012
this is no news,worse had happened here in nigeria
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by honeric01(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: Hian o.

Sorry, what were you trying to type here? kinda curious tongue
Re: Guests Fight Each Other At A Wedding Ceremony. ( One Dead) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2012
There was one video I watched about a newly wed couple getting arrested on their wedding night for driving drunkcheesy

Oyibo people are crazy to the core. Never doubt that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Arrested In Ogun For Beating Man To Death Over Iphone / Convicted Rapists In Osun To Get Life Imprisonment – Speaker / Police Officers Discover AK 47 Hidden Inside A Bag Of Corn (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.