Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,714 members, 7,930,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:37 PM

Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles (8931 Views)

Armed Robbers Attack Policemen, Snatch Three AK47 Rifles (pictured) / Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m / Terwase Akwaza, Benue Militant Leader Surrenders 84 Rifles To Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by ukcatlover(m): 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Two police officers attached to New Oko-Oba Police Division were killed in the early hours of today by some suspected armed robbers and went away with their rifles. The slain officers were, Assistant Superintendent of Police,Supol Funminiyi and Inspector Haruna.

Information gathered reveals that the two officers were on patrol with two other police officers when they ran into the three vehicles the robbers used for their operation at about 2am at Paying Junction near Olaniyi Street, New Oko Oba, Agege, Lagos but mistook the vehicles to be Area G Police Division Patrol van.

They parked to give way for the supposed Area G patrol van to move but instead the robbers shot spradically at them. ASP Funminiyi who tried to escape,was shot first in the legs and was later sprayed with bullets and he died on the spot. Inspector Haruna,who made frantic efforts to reach their office through his mobile phone to seek reinforcement, was also sprayed with bullets and also died instantly.

The other two officer in the patrol van- A corporal who drove them and a sergeant escaped.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, of Lagos State Police Command, Ngozi Braide was said to be in a seminar when contacted to comment on the incident.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/08/two-police-officers-killed-lagos-gunmen-escape-rifles/
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Kslib(m): 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
R..I..P
Anybody wey shout " end times",go recieve hot slap...
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by buzugee(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
END TIMES

1 Like

Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by NSNA: 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
In Nigeria

Wonders shall Never End.
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by rallymento(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
Just another sad story! I have been heart-broken with recent events in the country, God please save our Nation!!!
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by informatix: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
RIP. Police(My Friend)
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
THIS SPACE IS NOT FOR ROBBERS

1 Like

Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by isaco(m): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Wat r dis guys turnin life to? They (the robbers) shall die in shame. Amen. RIP
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by DisGuy: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, of Lagos State Police Command, Ngozi Braide was said to be in a seminar when contacted to comment on the incident.

as usual...

we are investigating...voicemail
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by acidtalk: 11:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
Inspector Haruna,who made frantic efforts to reach their office through his mobile phone to seek reinforcement, was also sprayed with bullets and also died instantly.

Network is so terrible and yet they will always come up and advertize how they will give us planes and billions of naira.

Nigeria is a failed Country were everything happens in the opposite of normal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
Na wa o! If armed robbers start to kill police, how safe are we civilians? embarassed
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by cheddarking(m): 11:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
New Oko-Oba is my hood back in Naija.

I can bet that by tommorow night the boys that did this thing will either be at Iya Nkechi's joint a.k.a. Kpere hanging out with Terry-G and his group of wannabes, or at Chapters hotel fccking those N500 Ashanas...

I'm sure there will be raids across the endz this week..

2 Likes

Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by chucky234(m): 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
Too many sad stories flying around,may God help us in this country ooooooooooo
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Kslib(m): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
buzugee: END TIMES
You get luck say na "END TIMES" you talk instead of "end times".. Lucky fella#
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by tEsLim(m): 12:05am On Oct 09, 2012
What shoudl the citizens do even when the police are trying to escape. Its usually other way round. Thieves try to escape not the police trying to escape.

1 Like

Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by mrperfect(m): 12:10am On Oct 09, 2012
Sad for the family.
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by WebSurfer(m): 12:16am On Oct 09, 2012
cheddarking: New Oko-Oba is my hood back in Naija.

I can bet that by tommorow night the boys that did this thing will either be at Iya Nkechi's joint a.k.a. Kpere hanging out with Terry-G and his group of wannabes, or at Chapters hotel fccking those N500 Ashanas...

What is this fellow talking about?
You find fun on this ryt?
Just thank God it was not one of your family or Friend this happened to, if not, you would have known how to talk.. Nonsense
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by WebSurfer(m): 12:19am On Oct 09, 2012
tEsLim: What shoudl the citizens do even when the police are trying to escape. Its usually other way round. Thieves try to escape not the police trying to escape.
you could read the story very well, how do you want to blame the police for this, some Nigerians just annoy me so much, any one can be taken unaware, they weren't aware there was robbers around or anything, if you don't have eyes to read or brain to understand, get something better to do
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by WebSurfer(m): 12:21am On Oct 09, 2012
Police was in patrol around 2am and all you can say is trash.. May their soul rest in Peace
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Exponental(m): 12:31am On Oct 09, 2012
Kslib: R..I..P
Anybody wey shout " end times",go recieve hot slap...
"end times".........if ur liver gree u, raise that hand!!?!
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Balyz: 12:45am On Oct 09, 2012
Kslib:
kai wannan dan iska ne fa wink
Kslib:
kai wannan dan iska ne fa
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 09, 2012
RIP, maybe this will make them wake up and face crime fighting.
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Kaysalas(m): 1:01am On Oct 09, 2012
cheddarking: New Oko-Oba is my hood back in Naija.

Guy, u be true new oko-oba boy.
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by mike404(m): 1:21am On Oct 09, 2012
GBAM! Boko boys don enter our lag shocked
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Kslib(m): 1:30am On Oct 09, 2012
Exponental:
"end times".........if ur liver gree u, raise that hand!!?!
Haha!! Na figure of speech.. No be real slap i mean..
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Kslib(m): 1:33am On Oct 09, 2012
Balyz: kai wannan dan iska ne fa wink kai wannan dan iska ne fa
Ni ba dan iska bene fa... Kai ma dan iska ne ko? Kana so in mare ka ta internet? Ko kana so ka sha bulala? Ka saba daye ai chikin su?
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by manosteel(m): 5:18am On Oct 09, 2012
This country can never seize to amuse anyone.
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by jhydebaba(m): 5:58am On Oct 09, 2012
RIP

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by outofthebox: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2012
Now you peeps are sayin dey shouldnt kill dose ph students..i say kill them all.
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 09, 2012
outofthebox: Now you peeps are sayin dey shouldnt kill dose ph students..i say kill them all.
guy are you sure you are normal or the flood has coverd your house?
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by phemmy1987: 6:22am On Oct 09, 2012
outofthebox: Now you peeps are sayin dey shouldnt kill dose ph students..i say kill them all.
u r nt outofthebox bt outofcommonsense and brain.
Re: Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles by jamngr84(m): 6:59am On Oct 09, 2012
isaco: Wat r dis guys turnin life to? They (the robbers) shall die in shame. Amen. RIP
well when they die in shame, we would start looking for the ppl that made them die in shame and shout for their death as well there by creating and endless cycle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested With Drugs Worth $33,300 In Bangkok / Debe Ojukwu Is A Pathological Liar & Thief! Ojukwu Is His Very Distant Relative! / Court Convicts Job Seeker For Forging Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.