Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:51 PM

Ashley Cole Charged By FA Overabusive Tweet - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ashley Cole Charged By FA Overabusive Tweet (491 Views)

Cole Of Duty ( Ashley Cole's Online Shooter Game) / Extract From Ashley Cole's Book: My Defence / Welcoming Ashley Cole To Stamford Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ashley Cole Charged By FA Overabusive Tweet by Castos(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ashley Cole has been charged by
the Football Association with
conduct which was "improper and/
or brought the game into
disrepute", the governing body has
confirmed. The Chelsea left-back called the FA a
"bunch of twats" on Twitter in a
hashtag after he was accused of
being an unreliable witness in his
statement supporting John Terry's
defence against the charge he racially abused Anton Ferdinand. The charge by his country comes
two days after confirmation by the
Chelsea manager, Roberto Di Matteo,
that Cole would be punished by his
club. "We've got a social media policy at
the club and there's going to be a
disciplinary process – action –
against the tweet and that's how I'll
leave it," the Italian said. "The image of the club is very
important to us of course. We have
rules, and anybody who breaks the
rules faces disciplinary action
against them. We strive to have high
standards and hopefully, going forward, we can be better at
showing those."
m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/shWjHCdYDBUWuj41C1_S3Xg/view.m?id=15&gid=football/2012/oct/08/ashley-cole-fa-charge-tweet&cat=sport

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Di Matteo / Di Matteo Has Been Sacked As Chelsea Manager / I Need A Girl 4 Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.