Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:58 PM

A Hawk Just Stole My Alice: I Wont Forgive Her - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Hawk Just Stole My Alice: I Wont Forgive Her (595 Views)

Stole My Heart / Great Books Series: Alice In Wonderland / Alice Munro Wins The 2013 Nobel Prize For Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Hawk Just Stole My Alice: I Wont Forgive Her by Jamesmelbin(m): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
I was the one on duty today. My sister have gone to her boarding school, since sunday. And my kid brother and kid sister have just left for school.
I have been trying to dodge this work till my younger brother return, but my mum wont let me.
I was resting on the chair at the sitting room, busy with my friends. The whatsapp application my friend just introduced to me has been my job, day and night.
I was also playing Bruno Mars' The Lazy Song which best described my mood as at that moment.
The song was about to end when I noticed my mum was still talking. But I cant hear what she was saying, because of the earpiece I was using.
I removed the earpiece to hear what she was saying but I have missed some of it.
"...last time I will tell you this, if I ever repeat it again call me bastard"
I hate her, she love using foul languages. I stood up angrily, went to the kitchen and gathered the dirty plates. I was about to get out of the kitchen with the plates when Caeser came wagging her tail.
She's my dog, the only one left out of my three dogs. The others are already in heaven. or maybe in hell.
She was followed by her five growing puppies. She was discharged yesterday - from the maternity home - after giving birth to the "beautiful babies". There was one of the puppies I like most, it has a white mark in it's forehead. I named it Alice.
I patted their heads and went my way a bit relaxed.
To cut the odd story short, I was still battling with the stubborn plates when a hawk descended suddenly from above and took Alice aways.
It was surprising, I thought Cæser will follow the hawk and retrieve her child the way she was looking up as the hawk was going, but she didn't.

WRITTEN BY A NEW MEMBER OF WRITICLE - ONLINE WRITERS FORUM

(1) (Reply)

5 Important Scholarship Documents For Scholarship Application / Need A Sound Speech For Commissioning Of A Project / Writer Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.