Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,661 members, 7,895,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 12:13 PM

Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? (1824 Views)

Does God Know The Future / Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Femmymata2(m): 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
The ways of the bible God are mysterious to me. The all-knowing attributes giving to God at times paints him in a cruel way. You imagine that God could have averted all the rape,poverty,killings,violent acts by taking intelligent decision e.g when adam and eve sinned, he could have let them die then create another set of people or during the flooding of the earth, he could have taken noah and his family to heaven,thereby allowing him to create new creatures in a new world without unneccessary trees. At least the new heaven and new earth will be occupied with people with free will and they will not be able to sin again. I'm just frustrated with the evil that continues to occur
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
@op
yes. The flood was a judgment of the unrighteous, not a putting of an end to sin.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by nakash: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
I rarely post on such matters. I hear that God created man with a free will and intelligence to know what is right or wrong. If you want to sin you can go ahead and commit the most atrocious crimes but having the conscience that what you are doing is not right. You can only do this for some time before you realise that you dont have to ask for forgiveness every time you sin or when you want to sin.
Femmymata2: The ways of the bible God are mysterious to me. The all-knowing attributes giving to God at times paints him in a cruel way. You imagine that God could have averted all the rape,poverty,killings,violent acts by taking intelligent decision e.g when adam and eve sinned, he could have let them die then create another set of people or during the flooding of the earth, he could have taken noah and his family to heaven,thereby allowing him to create new creatures in a new world without unneccessary trees. At least the new heaven and new earth will be occupied with people with free will and they will not be able to sin again. I'm just frustrated with the evil that continues to occur
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Goshen360(m): 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Image123: @op
yes. The flood was a judgment of the unrighteous, not a putting of an end to sin.

Great!
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
Goshen360:

Great!
my bros, how you dey?
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Femmymata2(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
Thanks for ur replies, i wouldn't have created these post if not for recent bad report aluu ,mubi,boko haram/jtf killings. As a normal human being u feel bad about these incidents moreso it could be me,you or someone we know at the recieving end and ofcourse life will go on. Blaming a God won't stop the next killing and atrocity, like in islam 'it is God's will. I'm an atheist anyway
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2012
we're making significant progress in the human race from God.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Proverbs 9:12 If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Goshen360(m): 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
Image123:
my bros, how you dey?

Bros mi, I dey find o.....E be like say some "people" don dey start to call on the giant in me lately. I know you perceive "those" am talking about.....lolz. cheesy
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
ok oh. surprise them with d David in you then.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by MacDaddy01: 12:13am On Oct 10, 2012
It is not satan or boko haram that will destroy Nigeria at the end of the day.

It will be brainwashed sheep like some of the dumbazzes here that will contribute to the collapse of Nigeria because of their ignorance to their enslavement to this illogical faith.

I dont know whether to weep or to laugh at some of the illogical answers given here.

-Why would God flood the whole earth only to have a similar one replace it? If the flood was to punish the unrighteous then why create the same unrighteousness again? Another question is that were the children that died in the flood not inncoent?

Simple questions that baffle the faithful!

1 Like

Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by wiegraf: 5:49am On Oct 10, 2012
MacDaddy01: It is not satan or boko haram that will destroy Nigeria at the end of the day.

It will be brainwashed sheep like some of the dumbazzes here that will contribute to the collapse of Nigeria because of their ignorance to their enslavement to this illogical faith.

I dont know whether to weep or to laugh at some of the illogical answers given here.

-Why would God flood the whole earth only to have a similar one replace it? If the flood was to punish the unrighteous then why create the same unrighteousness again? Another question is that were the children that died in the flood not inncoent?

They just brought up the topic, then swept it under the rug...

Edit:
Oh you're an atheist.. I see.. My bad
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by ATMC(f): 6:56am On Oct 10, 2012
@op instead of lookingat god through ur view of your world, look at your view of d world through d bible...d former leaves u an atheist whereas d later brings one remarkable thing about god to ur understanding and dt is that god brushes aside what is normative in our society, ignores what human convention expects of him and defies roles roles dt religious traditions ascribe to him. HE is! Irrespective of what u think about him
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Femmymata2(m): 9:04am On Oct 10, 2012
ATMC: @op instead of lookingat god through ur view of your world, look at your view of d world through d bible...d former leaves u an atheist whereas d later brings one remarkable thing about god to ur understanding and dt is that god brushes aside what is normative in our society, ignores what human convention expects of him and defies roles roles dt religious traditions ascribe to him. HE is! Irrespective of what u think about him
This is an intelligent post. No man was born with the knowledge of God. I credit d bible 4 me being an atheist, it paints the abrahamic God as an irresponsible,violent,deceptive,genenocidal,despotic,heartless tyrant. Ofcourse, every evil attributed to God can be rationalized by saying he/she is our creator,it is for his glory,God foolishness is greater than man's wisdom e.t.c. I can't pretend that i love God because i want to avoid hell and moreover he/she is all-knowing, so i can't hide how much i detest him. I don't want to be in heaven with a creator that is all-knowing,all-present,all-powerful and allows free-willed bastards to butcher a nursing mother and her little children for religious reasons.jesus answered the question about the blind man from birth saying it is for the Glory of God, so all blind,crippled,deformed humans from birth are purposed to give glory. He is a Big IDIOT

1 Like

Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by samsy5460(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2012
Welcome to Christ Embassy International
...Giving your life a meaning WELCOME!!!
Being in Christ Embassy is more than being in a church; it’s more than a church. It’s a vision, and when you worship at Christ Embassy, you learn more than just the letters; it’s the spirit of the word. The Spirit of God gets a hold of your life, and then His Vision becomes real, not only to you, but He makes that vision real in such a way that others get to know what the word of God really is by watching the word of God manifested in your life every day. That is the reason we like people to come to Christ Embassy, that’s the reason they are invited. They are being a part of something that is more than a church, it’s a vision, God’s Vision.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 10, 2012
yes he did. Sin will never be eradicated from the world. even in the kingdom, people will try to sin
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 11:41am On Oct 10, 2012
MacDaddy01: It is not satan or boko haram that will destroy Nigeria at the end of the day.

the then world was blazing towards complete godlessness at a pace not planned. innocent children would be spared of a hopeless ETERNITY.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by MacDaddy01: 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
Image123:
the then world was blazing towards complete godlessness at a pace not planned. innocent children would be spared of a hopeless ETERNITY.

Image123!!!

Seriously?

Godlessness is not a bad thing. There is a difference between Godlessness and evil. I am godless. Do you have the guts to call me evil or immoral? cool

Now, what was the use of flooding the earth to remake another exact one? There was no difference.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by ATMC(f): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
samsy5460: Welcome to Christ Embassy International
...Giving your life a meaning WELCOME!!!
Being in Christ Embassy is more than being in a church; it’s more than a church. It’s a vision, and when you worship at Christ Embassy, you learn more than just the letters; it’s the spirit of the word. The Spirit of God gets a hold of your life, and then His Vision becomes real, not only to you, but He makes that vision real in such a way that others get to know what the word of God really is by watching the word of God manifested in your life every day. That is the reason we like people to come to Christ Embassy, that’s the reason they are invited. They are being a part of something that is more than a church, it’s a vision, God’s Vision.
silly! U don't direct men to church, instead u direct them to their maker. Again, its really about being a member of d body of christ and not a member of a church which is 'more than a church'...christ magnified church but there u are magnifying a vision...some thing is wrong with ur understanding definitely!
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by ATMC(f): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
Femmymata2: This is an intelligent post. No man was born with the knowledge of God. I credit d bible 4 me being an atheist, it paints the abrahamic God as an irresponsible,violent,deceptive,genenocidal,despotic,heartless tyrant. Ofcourse, every evil attributed to God can be rationalized by saying he/she is our creator,it is for his glory,God foolishness is greater than man's wisdom e.t.c. I can't pretend that i love God because i want to avoid hell and moreover he/she is all-knowing, so i can't hide how much i detest him. I don't want to be in heaven with a creator that is all-knowing,all-present,all-powerful and allows free-willed bastards to butcher a nursing mother and her little children for religious reasons.jesus answered the question about the blind man from birth saying it is for the Glory of God, so all blind,crippled,deformed humans from birth are purposed to give glory. He is a Big IDIOT
i'll respond later ok, i've discovered dt in this life u r basically on your own. Dt being d case, try living on ur own understanding of god and not ur understanding of d god people pointed u to...including bible writters. If u ask god he can help u, i think u know he is but its just dt some people mix up things about him. Dt's y u must seek to know d god who is and not d god some people point u to
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by ATMC(f): 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
~double post~
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Image123!!!

Seriously?

Godlessness is not a bad thing. There is a difference between Godlessness and evil. I am godless. Do you have the guts to call me evil or immoral? cool

Now, what was the use of flooding the earth to remake another exact one? There was no difference.
If you are godless, you are evil. you can't write words without alphabets. God is good, and anything outside God is not good.
Matthew 19:17 And he said to him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
God is the Father and the Source of good. Any other good is a counterfeit. It is to you that this passage in scripture was written,
1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123:
If you are godless, you are evil. you can't write words without alphabets. God is good, and anything outside God is not good.
Matthew 19:17 And he said to him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
God is the Father and the Source of good. Any other good is a counterfeit. It is to you that this passage in scripture was written,
1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

You use a windows or a mac computer. Are Bill Gates and Steve Jobs evil because of their godlessness?

64% percent of Japanese do not believe in god, are they evil?

You know, your reasoning is very shallow. You need to stop this christian bigotry and foolishness. u whole life is surrounded by products from people who dont believe in God, yet you call them evil. Think before you talk.

Before you claim that your God is the source of morality and good. Yor god did evil and inhuman things himself. Can you explain the flooding of the whole earth? The children that died? Do you know that drowning is one of the most painful and slowest deaths you can imagine? Or even freezing to death in cold water? Who would want to see the child of an enemy suffer such a fate?
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by wiegraf: 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123:

What in your god's blue earth kind of reasoning is this?
When atheists point out religion rots the mind, they think we're being dramatic. Un-f****g-believable
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Image123(m): 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
You use a windows or a mac computer. Are Bill Gates and Steve Jobs evil because of their godlessness?
You love to speak bereft of all logic, ithink you should be banned for using a username with 'logic' in it. How does a mac or window have to do with godlessness? you have used this weak argument before, and it has been shredded for the folly it is. A mac or windows or android or whatever OS does not equal to godlessness. they were not made or produced or discovered based on godlessness. there is nothing godlessness has to do with it. And you should not be so ignorant as to think that only atheists work in Microsoft, or for Apple or Linux, or the other gadgets you may like to mention. people from all walks of life, both godly and ungodly work together in research, programming, study and co. Anyone who does not believe in God or accept Jesus as Saviour is godless/ungodly irrespective of whether he has discovered the whole world or discovered zilch.
Luk 9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
ANSWER: Hell Fire

64% percent of Japanese do not believe in god, are they evil?
Anyone, anywhere who does not believe in God, japanese or sudanese is not seen as good before God. What makes one good is God, not our actions or inactions, good or bad.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
God is Love, and if you don't have God, you don't have the required love.

You know, your reasoning is very shallow. You need to stop this christian bigotry and foolishness. u whole life is surrounded by products from people who dont believe in God, yet you call them evil. Think before you talk.
find your way out of here myfriend. You no see science section, or phones section, or politics sections to go discuss? Coming to a religion section of the forum to promote irreligion? What a pompous irony you are.

What in your god's blue earth kind of reasoning is this?
When atheists point out religion rots the mind, they think we're being dramatic. Un-f****g-believable
Who is this miserable unbeliever? abeg, go and play on the front page or something. What are you doing clicking the 'Religion' tab? Why come to a place where your mind can rotten more and more and more forever and ever?
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by wiegraf: 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
@image, because of your incredible stoopid, I'll start slowly.
Atheism sadly sits with xtianity under the banner 'religion' in NL
I'm an (evil) atheist

You have to be religious for your mind to degrade to the levels you display here. Note though, there are many intelligent and admirable religious people, so I suppose when used wisely it does not get in the way. Some of these people would even tell you that their religious beliefs aid them greatly. There are other cases though, were an otherwise functional human being when not dealing with religion becomes so incredibly stoopid it beggars belief. Like you.
You have reasoned that because your book of fairytales, unfounded beliefs etc says people who do not belief in your particularly evil version of sky daddy* are evil, then it is so.
My point is that while your brain may do fine usually, when religion comes into play it damages your reasoning terribly. Surely this will eventually fully rot your brain

*one that's performed genocide, fraticide, Bleep-cide. A bigoted, intolerant, illogical cry-baby
Re: Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123:
You love to speak bereft of all logic, ithink you should be banned for using a username with 'logic' in it. How does a mac or window have to do with godlessness? you have used this weak argument before, and it has been shredded for the folly it is. A mac or windows or android or whatever OS does not equal to godlessness. they were not made or produced or discovered based on godlessness. there is nothing godlessness has to do with it. And you should not be so ignorant as to think that only atheists work in Microsoft, or for Apple or Linux, or the other gadgets you may like to mention. people from all walks of life, both godly and ungodly work together in research, programming, study and co. Anyone who does not believe in God or accept Jesus as Saviour is godless/ungodly irrespective of whether he has discovered the whole world or discovered zilch.
Luk 9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
ANSWER: Hell Fire

Answer the question my friend! Is Bill Gates evil? Say it.

The reason that I mentioned the "mac" or "windows" in the argument is to show how ungrateful you are. You use products made by atheists and you call them evil.

Why are you in partnership with evil people? Yo wouldnt use a killers clothes, why are you using a godless person's OS?

Image123:
Anyone, anywhere who does not believe in God, japanese or sudanese is not seen as good before God. What makes one good is God, not our actions or inactions, good or bad.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
God is Love, and if you don't have God, you don't have the required love.

What a disgusting comment in bold

Image123:
find your way out of here myfriend. You no see science section, or phones section, or politics sections to go discuss? Coming to a religion section of the forum to promote irreligion? What a pompous irony you are.

Who is this miserable unbeliever? abeg, go and play on the front page or something. What are you doing clicking the 'Religion' tab? Why come to a place where your mind can rotten more and more and more forever and ever?

How foolish.

Is there an atheist section? I come here to meet fellow atheists. How arrogant of youto think here that I come here for deluded peeps like you.

(1) (Reply)

Rev. King Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Imagine There's No Heaven / Sermon Jotters:month Of Grace! Tap Into The Great Grace Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.