Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,444 members, 7,891,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Hidden History Of White Slavery! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Hidden History Of White Slavery! (20724 Views)

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by JallowBah(f): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
obadiah777: i cant help you. what you can do is try to look for the original hebrew text of the bible. you can find it online. the word used is ADAMAH not ADAM. ADAMAH means a people formed from the ground. you have the internet right ? do the research. what you want me to spoon feed you ? what am i a nurse or somebody ?

Lol. You are the one making statements, and in making statements, you should back it up as well.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by JallowBah(f): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
obadiah777: JallowBah so what part of europe do you hail from ?

Scandinavia.

Naval sadiq: White folks are sick.

...say what?
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Lol. You are the one making statements, and in making statements, you should back it up as well.
This is all i got so far http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/adamah.html i will keep trying wink

did you ever live on walworth road in london ? i know a Gambian guy with a czech woman back in the day. he had dreadlocks
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by JallowBah(f): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji:

I am not saying that, I love history and read about different cultures from different ages at any chance I get. However, you were presenting Martin Luther King Jnr., Malcolm X and Rosa Parks as people every black child should be taught about and I say it is not a must because those people were fighting injustices they experienced and trying to change their environment viz the United States. Why should a child born in Timbuktu (Mali) or Ikom (Nigeria)feel obliged to learn about them? I say there is no obligation at all. Instead, they should be obliged to learn about their local environment first before looking at global issues that might not have immediate bearing on their lives.

The analogy is for me here in Nigeria with little or no association with the United States to try and compete with a Black American citizen over support of Obama or Romney for the American Presidential election- wouldn't that be stupidity?

Well..what about Abraham Lincoln?
All these names are of importance in the history-teaching, as they were great men and women who fought for the rights of black people. It is important history, even if you "only" go to school in Africa.
Like I said; you think it was a waste to teach me about african slave-trade as well, me being in Scandinavia, not Africa?
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by JallowBah(f): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
obadiah777: This is all i got so far http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/adamah.html i will keep trying wink

Thank you.

I will read it after worksmiley

I am from Scandinavia..which includes Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Thank you.

I will read it after worksmiley

I am from Scandinavia..which includes Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.
care to be specific ?or are you wanted by the interpol lol
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by maclatunji: 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Well..what about Abraham Lincoln?
All these names are of importance in the history-teaching, as they were great men and women who fought for the rights of black people. It is important history, even if you "only" go to school in Africa.
Like I said; you think it was a waste to teach me about african slave-trade as well, me being in Scandinavia, not Africa?

Not at all, I don't have a problem with your point but I just wanted to water-down it's intensity. Seriously, I am someone who frequently goes to learn things that don't "concern" me. So, I am all for learning about the great people in history. However, I am hinting that you shouldn't be surprised that many children in the Gambia do not know who Rosa Parks was- she is not a part of their culture or environment.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
not me personally but the prophets i commune with.

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by animari(f): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
White-pink-black-brown what the f### ever- slavery is inhuman and is more prevalant in the world today than ever before- who suffered the most? Is this now a competition? The crux of the matter is the arrogance that people assume to justify their incredible cruelty towards others- spread the love and stop the hate abeg

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
~Royal~:
not me personally but the prophets i commune with.

whats your beef Bruv ? stroganoff ? lol
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
obadiah777: whats your beef Bruv ? stroganoff ? lol

Not You Personally, Just the Prophets you Commune With.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by maclatunji: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
animari: White-pink-black-brown what the f### ever- slavery is inhuman and is more prevalant in the world today than ever before- who suffered the most? Is this now a competition? The crux of the matter is the arrogance that people assume to justify their incredible cruelty towards others- spread the love and stop the hate abeg

Unfortunately, it will almost certainly be a part of human existence.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
Whats so intriguing here,i got a white slave in my house,his name is Mitt Romney.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by kikuyu1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
This thread is all over the place! No prob;this is nairaland. Jallowbah,stop with the Jewish myths. Fyi,nobody ever killed or even targeted Jews in WW2. In fact Jews and blacks fought for Hitler. There's photo evidence.Frankly Jews are pathological liars.
In actual fact 150,000 Jews served with the German armed forces among over a million foreigners including blacks. Yes,even black fought for Hitler.
[img]http://www.kansaspress.ku.edu/images/righit.jpg[/img]

http://karanjazplace..com/2012/09/how-world-war-2-began.html

Investigate everything these people say!If anything I hope this thread demonstrates the importance of that.I swear,they're such born liars they probably believe their own fakery-intelligent individuals shouldn't.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by blackcat1: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
The facts are that in the U.S.A

Negroes enslaved Whites, Negroes and Indians

Indians enslaved Whites, Indians and Negroes

Whites enslaved Whites, Negroes and Indians

White slaves were owned by Negroes and Indians to such an extent in the South that the Virginia Assembly passed a law against the practice!

These horrific deeds did not just happen to Africans

These horrific deeds happened to White Christian slaves to satisfy the "need for labor" on the plantations and in the factories of the elite, White and black

In 1670 the Governor of Virginia said that he had 2000 Negro and 6000 White slaves

Hundreds of thousands of Whites in colonial America were owned outright by their masters and died in slavery

Even the blacks knew this. If they were made to work too hard they accused their masters of

"treating them like the Irish"

Plantation slavery, the final stage of slavery in the United States, does not represent the entire history of slavery in U.S

This is historical fact

This is the Heritage of America

This is not taught in schools

Shame -- Shame -- Shame!

2 Likes

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by maclatunji: 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
^You have not talked about indentured servitude which for all intent and purposes is glorified slavery.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by kq(m): 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
The only lesson from this kind of issues that we always fail to take away from this kind of topics is this mans inhumanity to others and the suffering man faces is not a preserve of one race or color or human being. And this shows the truth in the words " An injustice to one is an injustice to all whether white or black, red or green...".
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03: WTF is this?

I see people talkingabout white slavery on a Nigerian site as if Nigerians were buying white slaves?

Is this some kind of slavery apologist thingy to suppress the evil of the enslavement of blacks or African slavery?

Yes, Irish were enslaved. Very common knowledge if you bothered to read history. No one is denying that but of what relevance is this to a Nigerian site?

it's called being ENLIGHTENED.
nothing cute about being ignorant to what happens around the world.
this is why black ppl like to play the victimization card because some of us only think we have suffered. if more blacks take the time to read they will realize evil is beyond color, that others have died off at the hands of others but even more so from their own kind.

what makes our suffering worse however, is that unlike others we have no interest in knowing a damn thing but what we are familiar with. tongue
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
obadiah777: YES BUT IRISH PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY, ARE BLACK PEOPLE. YOUR SEED IS DETERMINED BY YOUR FATHER. THE WOMB IS SIMPLY THE PLACE WHERE THE SEED FEEDS AND GROWS. IRELAND WAS ONE OF THE HEADQUARTERS OF BLACK EUROPE AND THE BLACKS THERE WERE CIVILIZING THE WHITES WHO HAD JUST COME OUT OF THE CAUCASUS CAVES DURING THE DARK AGES. HOWEVER IT WAS LOTS OF INTERMINGLING AND EVENTUALLY DURING THE EUROPEAN RENNAISANCE WHEN THE ROMAN EMPIRE RETOOK EUROPE FROM THE BLACK MOORS, ALL THE BLACKS WERE KICKED OUT AND THEN IRELAND THROUGH BREEDING AND BREEDING BECAME WHITE AGAIN. HOWEVER THEY ARE BLACK PEOPLE IN WHITE SKIN. THE REAL WHITE PEOPLE KNEW THAT. THATS WHY THEY HATED THE IRISH. ITS LIKE A BLACK MAN MARRIES A WHITE WOMAN. HALF CASTE KID MARRIES A WHITE WOMAN THE KID IS ALMOST WHITE AND THEN THE KID MARRIES A WHITE WOMAN ? IN 3 GENERATIONS THEY BECOME WHITE AGAIN.

mschew.

fckry. grin

the REAL irish were Celtics.
there is nothing black about them other than a few who were mixed. Pls spare us that "blacks were the first europeans" crap. The germanic tribes who STOLE the western european lands from the celtics hated them not because of race but because they didn't let go of their soil willingly.

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

it's called being ENLIGHTENED.
nothing cute about being ignorant to what happens around the world.
this is why black ppl like to play the victimization card because some of us only think we have suffered. if more blacks take the time to read they will realize evil is beyond color, that others have died off at the hands of others JUST as much as they have their own kind.

what makes our suffering worse however, is that unlike others we have no interest in knowing a damn thing but what we are familiar with. tongue

You are seriously foolish.

Did I not say that I know that Irish were enslaved?

Did you forget that West African slavery was far worse?

Picked off by both Arabs and Europeans.

Enslaved by Europeans for 300 years

Enslaved by Arabs since 12th century
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Slavery of whites in Nigeria?

Lol.....you are either confused or lying

that is not what she is talking about.
she said the issue of slavery is very relevant to nigerian history.

please go back and read.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are seriously foolish.

Did I not say that I know that Irish were enslaved?

Did you forget that West African slavery was far worse?

Picked off by both Arabs and Europeans.

Enslaved by Europeans for 300 years

Enslaved by Arabs since 12th century

VICTIM CARD AGAIN ABI?

I am a DESCENDANT of those slaves..people who looked like YOU sold my ppl to whites and arabs. don't you EVER forget that! lol.

so dont come to me with that bullshyt...i should be the one upset..
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

that is not what she is talking about.
she said the issue of slavery is very relevant to nigerian history.

please go back and read.

Nope. Go and read.

I complained about White slaves having nothing to do with Nigeria in relevance.

She said it was relevant.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
mschew. ^^ abeg change your SN. nothing logical about your statements on this thread.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
*silence*

hmmm..where did the "victim" go? tongue grin grin

exactly.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

VICTIM CARD AGAIN ABI?

I am a DESCENDANT of those slaves..people who looked like YOU sold my ppl to whites and arabs. don't you EVER forget that! lol.

Fail.

1) Arabs took slaves by conquest from West Africa. They conquered those lands for islam before the peeps sold their brethren to them in fear/respect. Look at your family and think how hard it would be to sell your brethren under normal circumstances

2) There is no word for "slave" in My local Nigerian language. There is no record of Nigerian tribes selling slaves as commodities before Arabs and Europeans came. Tell me why my tribesmen would need slaves when their farm work was done by them and their numerous wives and children.

They were forced to sell their brethren after the Europeans came. Blame the Europeans.

Do people blame Jews for Holocaust when there were Jewish Nazi collaborators? No. Why blame Africans for slavery when it was the Europeans that came for slaves.

Lastly, there is something called Efa festival where I come from. In the past, the festival was to bring heads of enemy tribes and dance. They killed POWS rather than enslaved them

I have never asked for money or special treatment from whites as a black man. Never say that I have victim mentality again.

Stoopid uncle tom
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
^^ smh.

so these foreigners just rolled up, invaded a vast land such as West Africa, punked entire kingdoms and Debo'd West Africans into selling their own kind?

By your logic west and central africans were so weak and disorganized that ANYBODY could have invaded and taken what they wanted to? lmao. Stop it with the POW crap. A few were POWs but most were sold because they were viewed as expendable. lmao. Please end the fckry.

GET REAL! grin

Slavery was a lucrative business! People were selling ppl left and right!
For mirrors, gun powder, and alliances.

Sure Islam played a role, but GREED was the biggest influence! Even royalty, blood and the concept of loyalty was no match for this level of greed.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:
^^ smh.

so these foreigners just rolled up, invaded a vast land such as West Africa, punked entire kingdoms and Debo'd West Africans into selling their own kind?

By your logic west and central africans were so weak and disorganized that ANYBODY could have invaded and taken what they wanted to? lmao. Stop it with the POW crap. A few were POWs but most were sold because they were viewed as expendable. lmao. Please end the fckry.

GET REAL! grin

Slavery was a lucrative business! People were selling ppl left and right!
For mirrors, gun powder, and alliances.

Sure Islam played a role, but GREED was the biggest influence! Even royalty, blood and the concept of loyalty was no match for this level of greed.

lol....what you described in bold has happened numerous times in history to be dismissed as untrue.

The Romans did the same to many civilizations

You mentioned that islam played a role but what about christianity and its justification for European enslavements of blacks for 300 years?

I guess I am too much for you?
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
See this slowpoke? A youtube video?

Yes, there were Africans who profited from slave trade with Europeans.

That doesnt change the fact that slavery was not in our culture. Most Nigerian cultures.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol....what you described in bold has happened numerous times in history to be dismissed as untrue.

The Romans did the same to many civilizations

You mentioned that islam played a role but what about christianity and its justification for European enslavements of blacks for 300 years?

I guess I am too much for you?

wtf are you talking about?
The saharan slave trade happened WAY before the trans atlantic slave trade.
go read a book or something. grin

as for the romans again get real! the lands they conquered were all relatively close to their capital.

[img]http://www.keyway.ca/gif/romanemp.gif[/img]

easy travel by boat or via chariot...never did they cross an entire DESERT and take. nor did they mountains..

EASY ACCESS...GET IT?! grin
So some random arabs traveled all the way to west africa via the largest desert on earth and straight conquered?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-1TT05vXJSes/TjZRCL8QpkI/AAAAAAAAAq8/3fRZe4z-eLQ/s1600/EdLover-CMonSon-Ep16.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods / The Igala-nation As A Prominent Pre-colonial Nigerian Entity. Read This Article / Typical Nigerian Behavior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.