Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,528 members, 7,914,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:10 AM

That Ouk's Letter To Abians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / That Ouk's Letter To Abians (560 Views)

Abia Gang Rape Incident: Why Abike Dabiri Should Apologise To Abians / Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians / Governor T.A Orji Xmas Message To Abians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That Ouk's Letter To Abians by wogul: 7:28am On Oct 10, 2012
He has refused to let sleeping dogs lie. The more he tries to pacify Abians whose collective psyches he bruised for eight years, the more he adds salt to injury. OUK has just written a letter to Abians denying leaving any debt and insistently claiming that while he was Governor, salaries were paid as at and when due.

Again, I want to present OUK to the competent court
of public opinion. For those who think it is foolhardy to dwell on the past, may I quickly remind them that a man who cannot ascertain where the rain started beating him would not know where it stopped.

I am compelled to believe what the Chief Press Secretary to the Abia State Government said about OUK. The CPS said without mincing words, that OUK did not have the faint idea of how monies were cornered and spent as his mother call the shots. The CPS told OUK that the Abia State Government will not respond to him as they can only talk to his mother who ran the government. OUK according to him minded his very many businesses and did not have time for the day – to – day running of the government. The implication is that OUK does not know a thing. As shameful as that seems, OUK has by the contents of his letter to Abians fueled the speculation that he was indeed a Governor in Diaspora.

It is pertinent I remind OUK a few things that would help shape his though in future. In the public opinion court, it is unpardonable to lie in defence. My reasons:

1. While OUK was Governor, hospital – patient relation was at its lowest ebb. It was in his administration that workers of ABSUTH were owed eleven months salaries that resulted in the death of many patients, workers and dependents of workers. While the workers sent a warning notice to government for a strike owing to non – payment of salaries, the tough ODIUKO told them to return the keys to the hospital to her. Gradually, that hospital was locked for months. When academic and clinic activities returned to the hospital, the then CMD spent about 1.6m to clean up the hospital as it had turned to a forest within those months.
2. College of Medicine ABSU almost lost their accreditation for incessant disruption of academic activities. History records that while OUK was governor, ABSU medical students spent an average of nine years for a six year course. These facts are verifiable. Ask medical students in ABSU between 1999 and 2007.
3. Ifeanyi Ikwechegh was OUK’s brother who he appointed Chairman of Aba North LGA. By the time Ikwechegh came, another of OUK’s stooge had left six months arrears of salaries. Ikwechegh, who ran the Council from OUK mother’s kitchen, compounded the woes of Council workers by extending months of unpaid salaries.
4. While OUK was Governor, Council workers in almost all the 17 LGAs were owed arrears of salaries
5. ASUU of Abia State University, Uturu had called out their members on weeks of strike to protest non – payment of salaries by the OUK government.

There is nothing wrong in OUK not doing anything while he was Governor. But, the repeated insulting of our intelligence by saying he developed infrastructure while he was Governor is not only morally unacceptable but empirically damaging. Which infrastructure?

Again, I am compelled to tell OUK that the ghost of his willful underdevelopment of Abia State is haunting him. He missed the golden opportunity of etching his name in gold. He is not making any head way with us by his lies. Again, I challenge him to say what he achieved as Governor. At the risk of repeating myself, I will quickly remind him that:

1. He bought new seats and re – roofed Aba Township stadium which he shamelessly renamed ENYIMBA INTERNATIONAL STADIUM
2. He refurbished Cemetry, Osusu and Umule Roads and they all collapsed after four months.
3. He lived in a rented government house for eight years
4. He employed public funds to finance his private businesses. If this is not true, what did he have that Abia State government lacked that he was able to run SUN NEWSPAPERS while NATIONAL AMBASSADOR belonging to Abia State Government was killed by him?

He said that he maintained peace and security while his administration lasted. Who introduced BAKASSI? OUK! It was the activities of Bakassi boys that desecrated Aba, reason the city has remained under the firm grip of familiar spirits.

OUK should consult with his mother before going to press. His mother seems to know more than he does, at least as it concerns Abia State between 1999 and 2007

Re: That Ouk's Letter To Abians by obicentlis: 8:38am On Oct 10, 2012
I was born, breed and presently working in Aba. Am saying this without fear or favor from the two parties involved. Orji Uzor Kalu is 100 percent better than the present Governor.
It should be noted that the present Gov was the Chief of Staff to the former Gov, so, he is the one the person that led his boss astray. When the former was in power, all Aba roads @ least were motorable, but now, its all hell. T. A . Orji should stop his blame game and work. Posterity will judge him
Re: That Ouk's Letter To Abians by ulonnaya21: 9:47am On Oct 10, 2012
OUK is solely the cause of what we suffer in Abia state today. He was unable to lay a solid foundation for the state to build on. Now the present administration in Abia is committed and doing its best to deliver democratic dividends like never before in the state since 1999. Abia is on the right path to greatness.

(1) (Reply)

Shareholder Wants Sanusi Prosecuted Over Cecilia Ibru’s Loot / What Is The Latest Gist From Ondo? / Igbo Introduced Tribalism To Nigerian Politics-fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.