Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,446 members, 7,971,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:42 PM

Tales Of Our Fathers (poetic Response To Achebe's Memoirs And The Reactions) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Our Fathers (poetic Response To Achebe's Memoirs And The Reactions) (642 Views)

Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears / Our Fathers Have Failed Us, But Our Children Would Curse Us / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Our Fathers (poetic Response To Achebe's Memoirs And The Reactions) by afroxyz: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
We formed a circle under the Ube tree
The moon's blue rays glistening on our black skins,
Listening to tales of our fathers,
Of wars and bloodshed in Biafra

Tales of bombs and starvation;
Of little ones infected by kwashiokor;
How Sounds of ogbunigwe became musical tones;
And laughter was an expensive commodity

As my hair turned grey,
And I witnessed many days,
I recollect my father's tales,
But I witness a different scene
Far from my father's reality

Each story is a coin,
Each side has its own voice
But we judge like the press
That sentences without a jury or defense

Now my children are filled with anger
And Hate for other tribes
The country is filled with so much strife
Because of the tales of fathers,

(1) (Reply)

Awaye Aiku Ko Si (the Warrior's Requiem For Korede Oladipo) / My One Shans Story / A Man Who Wants To Lead The Orchestra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.