Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:51 AM

Interested In Moderating This Section? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Interested In Moderating This Section? (1231 Views)

Pictures Of Me; That's What This Section Is For. / Why Is This Section Boring? / Beautify This Section With Your Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested In Moderating This Section? by mukina2: 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Are you an active member of this section?

Do you post here often?

Do you spend enough time online everyday to be able to keep it clean?

do you know and respect the rules of the forum?

Would you be ready to work with a co-mod if the need arises?

If you feel you can do all of this please indicate your interest here.

Thanks
Mukina
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by deb(m): 7:56am On Oct 11, 2012
Well I am an active Nairaland user. I don't just post or comment for the sake of it like many people and I do read through this section of the forum and many other sections as well everyday
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by erad(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2012
Won't mind being a moderator, but definitely alongside my Ugo-boss... I believe he has done a great job and only needs some support.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by gabmedia: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
Not Just being a moderator as ugo but to encourage up coming pple to learn from so called professional in the field and create a free avenue for them to learn free of charge
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by xothermik(m): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2012
i think for this group to be effective or as alive as it once was. we need to have multiple moderators. and typically a good moderator is someone with a lot of experience and knowledge in the field. i think we should combine people like OKX,ZPIXEL,DAMSEREMIE,GRAPHIKDON, APHEK, SOJIOGUNS. etc. only such people can really keep this section as sane as it should be. Give it to any one interested or overzealous newbies and we'd end up right where we started from. sole moderators work for most threads on nairaland but when it comes to an all encompassing graphic video thread like this one. you need people from different fields and with a certain level of maturity and experience. and since these people are usually very busy and lack time to spend all day moderating all the garbage posted here. it will work best if we could have several. this is nothing new. in most of the foreign forums that im a member of that is how its being done especially a thread like this that lacks sub sections for 2d\3d stills, animation, vfx, application specific, tutorials, plugins etc. its just too much work for one person. i myself wont mind being a moderator but know i cant be effective alone. there are other guys other than those i have mentioned that have seen it all here and were in many ways the life blood of this forum. these guys are not cheap glory hunters looking to impress or forward their agenda but simply want whats best for the progress of our graphic and video industry. if you guys think i make sense post a comment here and i could actually anchor in some of these guys that i know on a personal level.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by erad(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2012
No ooooo! Na only ma name i dey see as mod... No ooo. we should realise its our personal development that keeps us away from here most times and that being said, just me can't moderate this section. We need a situation where at least a mod will be available at all times. Abeg o, if it has to be only me, then its as good as not making any changes o. We need development, not just change.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by ugo2u(m): 2:09am On Oct 13, 2012
congrats erad. you got the post. I believe in you.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by usewisdom: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2012
I support erad. He deserve it. He has designed thousands of logos for nairalanders here for free and other benefit from him. My vote goes to erad. wink
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
erad please can you design a logo for me ??
I'll appreciate..thanks
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by erad(m): 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
@Ugoboss n Usewisdom; thanks guys, we are in it together.
@acidosis, please go post in one of the free logo threads and we'll see what we can do?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2012
erad:
@acidosis, please go post in one of the free logo threads and we'll see what we can do?

Thank you, sir.
I'll do that right away.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by xothermik(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2012
Seems we hav ppl vouching 4 erad so I think he deserves a shot. Erad u have my vote 2. Make us proud.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by akay48(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ugo has really done a lot for this section, moderating a section as big as this requires loadz of time and dedication which he has always exhibited but for his new "white collar job" that he got "jeeejeee-ly"... and @erad too has been very helpful, up and running even he helped on one of my threads too so, I'm also passing a vote of confidence on him. Erad!!!

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by ugo2u(m): 1:12am On Oct 16, 2012
akay_47: Ugo has really done a lot for this section, moderating a section as big as this requires loadz of time and dedication which he has always exhibited but for his new "white collar job" that he got "jeeejeee-ly"... and @erad too has been very helpful, up and running even he helped on one of my threads too so, I'm also passing a vote of confidence on him. Erad!!!
HAHAHAAA. bros my hand clean o, omo, work and mod dont go hand in hand during the week. lolz grin I admit slacking when I got the white collar job. but I see the fire in erads eyes. he can do it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Dpi And Maximum Pixel Of An Image Mean?? / Pls I Need Some That Paints Portraits? / Make Money Modelling.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.