Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,099 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:15 PM

Rich Dad , Poor Dad Author Files For Bankruptcy. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rich Dad , Poor Dad Author Files For Bankruptcy. (1390 Views)

Rich Dad Poor Dad! / Downlaod Rich Dad Poor Dad And Other Audio Books Here And Get 200free Sms / Rich Dad, Poor Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rich Dad , Poor Dad Author Files For Bankruptcy. by ochallo: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2012

When you make millions giving financial advice to other people, the last thing anyone expects is for you to go bankrupt. Robert Kiyosaki, author of the best-selling book, “Rich Dad, Poor Dad,” has filed for bankruptcy. Kiyosaki made the move after being wiped out by a $24 million dollar lawsuit that he lost to the Learning Anne
Kiyosaki’s Rich Global LLC filed for bankruptcy after being ordered to pay nearly $24 million to the Learning Annex and its founder and chairman, Bill Zanker.

US District Judge Shira A. Scheindlin in April ordered Rich Global to pay up $23,687,957.21 after a jury ruled Kiyosaki must give the Learning Annex a percentage of his profits after using their platform for speaking engagements, including a 2002 gig at Madison Square Garden. Rich Global filed for bankruptcy in Wyoming on Aug. 20.

Zanker told us, “I took Kiyosaki’s brand and made it bigger. The deal was I would get a percentage, and he reneged. We had a signed letter of intent. The Learning Annex is the greatest promoter. We put his ‘Rich Dad’ brand on a stage. We truly prepared him for great fame and riches.

But when it was time for him to pay up, he said ‘no.’ ” This has taken years in court. I won even more money than I asked for from the jury, then he declared corporate bankruptcy. Oprah believed in him, and Will Smith believed in him, but he didn’t keep his promise to us.”

“Robert and [wife] Kim are not paying out of personal assets. We have a few million dollars in this company, but not 16 or 20. I can’t do anything about a $20 million judgment . . . We got hit for what we think is a completely outlandish figure.”

http://bossip.com/660699/when-the-checks-stop-coming-in-author-of-rich-dad-poor-dad-goes-broke-and-files-for-bankruptcy/

Re: Rich Dad , Poor Dad Author Files For Bankruptcy. by k2039: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
I dont think he is bankrupt,he is just playing smart,he is shielding his assets and minimizing his liabilities.
That's what I think
Re: Rich Dad , Poor Dad Author Files For Bankruptcy. by Muslaw(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
I personally don't like his books. The contents are not realistic...most of his success tips are not practicable, especially in Naija. Don't be surprise if he comes up with another book, dedicating 10 chapters to how he played smart while facing bankruptcy. Lmao

(1) (Reply)

Oga At The Top Story #thats All / Why Did Cinderella's Fairy Godmother Not Show Up Until It Was Time For The Ball? / Son Of The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.