Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,661 members, 7,911,782 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:45 PM

Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel (16594 Views)

Speech Made By Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu To His Cabinet / Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile / Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by hotwax: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
Israel is making big money in arms sale
Israel Sell Weapon to China, your baby world power:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/jun/13/usa.israel
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2011/06/17/Israel-hits-72-billion-in-arms-exports/UPI-68871308336978/

Sales to France
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/france-to-buy-israeli-made-drones-42-years-after-it-banned-weapons-sales-to-israel-1.374991

India
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2011/03/29/Rafael-lines-up-18-billion-India-deal/UPI-51661301420599/

In 2004-11, Israel signed arms transfer agreements worth $12.9 billion, putting it in eighth place among the world's eleven biggest arms suppliers (behind the US, Russia, France, the UK, Germany, China, and Italy). In 2011, Israel's arms transfer agreements nations totaled $400 million. Arms deliveries totaled $10.6 billion in 2004-11, including $1.8 billion in 2011. (Arms deliveries in any given year are often the results of agreements signed in previous years).

They even sold more than China
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
Dude, Russia is never overrated and yes they have the best missile defence system, far superior than that of United States. The S 300, S 400 and S 500 series are so far the three best surface to air defence system. What about ruggedness of fighter jets? Times without number Su 47 has proven to far ahead of F-22 raptor; Even China's J 20 is more reliable than F -22 raptor. infact, all the fleets of F -22 raptors are now grounded due to an unresolved errors capable of killing the pilot.

Secondly,
Even the Israelis knows that they won't be able to attack Iran should Russia deliver the sets of S 400 purchased by Iran. Hence, they quickly agreed to provide 12 prototypes of their drones(the best in the world) to Russia for reverse engineering.

The Russians are having serious problem of making a reliable drone. Their drone technology is very poor while the Israelis have the best drone technology in the world. stealth drone with capacity of 48 hours air bourne without refueling @ 56 thousand feets altitude. So, the Israelis went for the deal and agreed to give Russia access to the blue prints of all their drones , even though they are the ones losing just to stop the Iranians from having S 400.

They know that once the Iranians have S 400 then the game is up. No one can attack them!

all4naija: Bwahaha... Is now I know you are bent on making false statement without looking at different countries budget on military and arms acquisitions.

However, I still think Russia is overrated. They can hardly defeat China not to talk of their incessant bragging of annihilating USA. Please, Russia is just a bully because it is an injured dog waiting to cause harm. The civilized world don't just fight war in the weaponry mindset of Russians but with all encompassing intelligence, ranging from economic sanction to isolation of sharing modern tech. The Russian tech is way down the drain, dude. Go and read about Russian present state of tech!
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by hotwax: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
Dude, Russia is never overrated and yes they have the best missile defence system, far superior than that of United States. The S 300, S 400 and S 500 series are so far the three best surface to air defence system. What about ruggedness of fighter jets? Times without number Su 47 has proven to far ahead of F-22 raptor; Even China's J 20 is more reliable than F -22 raptor. infact, all the fleets of F -22 raptors are now grounded due to an unresolved errors capable of killing the pilot.

F-22 raptor is a very old technology.

There is F-22 JSF

There is F-35 JSF

Do u know patriot missile?

Missile shield? Russian is even afraid of the missile shield. This Russian you are shouting is a Christian/Aethis country and not a muslim country.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by ibnquasale(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
Malcolm-X:
This drone incident proves that Israel can't win against Iran. The drone hovered around Israel for 30 mins before it was shot down - despite the Iron Dome! Iran must have got a perfect view of Israel's military formation and its nuclear reactor, for future attack.

It's getting interesting!

you know nothing about military strategy!!! Name one country that can face Isreal at war? dont you know that all the so called "relevant" super powers have isreali scientist working for them? U can quote me anywhere!!!
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
You called a 5TH generation fighter jet "very old technology"? You are definitely kidding me, right? Dude, what are you onto?

hotwax:

F-22 raptor is a very old technology.

There is F-22 JSF

There is F-35 JSF

Do u know patriot missile?

Missile shield? Russian is even afraid of the missile shield. This Russian you are shouting is a Christian/Aethis country and not a muslim country.

The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a family of single-seat single-engine, fifth generation multirole fighters under development
to perform ground attack
, reconnaissance , and air defense
missions with stealth capability.

[6][7] The F-35 has three main
models; the F-35A is a conventional takeoff and landing variant,
the F-35B is a short take off and vertical-landing variant, and the
F-35C is a carrier-based variant.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by hotwax: 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2012
You called a 5TH generation fighter jet "very old technology"? You are definitely kidding me, right? Dude, what are you onto?

Jet fighters have being arround since 1950's.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Been around since 1950's? okay I give up.

hotwax:

Jet fighters have being arround since 1950's.

The aircraft was variously designated F-22 and F/A-22 during the
years prior to formally entering USAF service in December 2005 as
the F-22A . Despite a protracted and costly development period, the
United States Air Force considers the F-22 a critical component of
U.S. tactical air power, and claims that the aircraft is unmatched by
any known or projected fighter, [6] while Lockheed Martin claims
that the Raptor's combination of stealth, speed, agility, precision
and situational awareness, combined with air-to-air and air-to-
ground combat capabilities, makes it the best overall fighter in the
world today. [7] Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston , former Chief of
the Australian Defence Force , said in 2004 that the "F-22 will be the
most outstanding fighter plane ever built." [8

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-22_Raptor
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by hotwax: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2012

The aircraft was variously designated F-22 and F/A-22 during the
years prior to formally entering USAF service in December 2005 as
the F-22A . Despite a protracted and costly development period, the
United States Air Force considers the F-22 a critical component of
U.S. tactical air power, and claims that the aircraft is unmatched by
any known or projected fighter, [6] while Lockheed Martin claims
that the Raptor's combination of stealth, speed, agility, precision
and situational awareness, combined with air-to-air and air-to-
ground combat capabilities, makes it the best overall fighter in the
world today. [7] Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston , former Chief of
the Australian Defence Force , said in 2004 that the "F-22 will be the
most outstanding fighter plane ever built." [8

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-22_Raptor

F22 is a toy. Google F35 abegiii
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by infofta(m): 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
The US drone downed by the Iranians lost control. It is one of the drones used in Afganistan. US does not neeed a spy drone drone in Iran when it can obtain information through satellite images. I wonder when people say US is scared of Iran. Iran cannot defeat Turkey or Israel in a possible war. www.globalfirepower.com
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by solbil: 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2012
the chinese f-7 is the baba of all interceptors and multi-purpose fighter jet. It is inferior only to the uzbecs c-130
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
I''ll have to politely say you are very stup!d for writing this nonsense. what are you ranting about? I showed you that F 35 is still at development stage and can't be use in any combat for now and you are still writing nonsense? Who needs google's search? Even at it is F 22 is one of best fighter jet out there and you are here saying F 22 is a toy.

First, you lied that the jet is an "old technology" and I called you out by telling you that F 22 is the ONLY 5th generation jet fighter commissioned, even though we can't talk about its air superiority and ability since it hasn't engage in any combat, yet.

China's J 20 is still considered to be 4th generator jet fighter or at best 41/2 generation fighter jet. . The only other 5th jet fighter is Russian Sukhoi Su 50 which is equally still at development stage just like the F 35 lightening II and can't be be use in combat presently.

hotwax:

F22 is a toy. Google F35 abegiii
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by solbil: 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2012
the f7 is the baba of all interceptors and multipurpose fighter only inferior to the c-130
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by fio(m): 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
bigmaut: ahmadinejad shuld learn frm sadam hussien,ghadaffi he shuld start what he cant finish,sadam was busy hiding WMD he doesnt have & HE was hang,ghadaffi spent 4 decades insulting d west he lost everythin when it was pay back time,iran canever win a war with a superpower it is suicide she will be conquared & her oil will be used to offset d war cost

iran has russia and china, north korea
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2012
Osiris.211:

Secondly,
Even the Israelis knows that they won't be able to attack Iran should Russia deliver the sets of S 400 purchased by Iran. Hence, they quickly agreed to provide 12 prototypes of their drones(the best in the world) to Russia for reverse engineering.

The Russians are having serious problem of making a reliable drone. Their drone technology is very poor while the Israelis have the best drone technology in the world. stealth drone with capacity of 48 hours air bourne without refueling @ 56 thousand feets altitude. So, the Israelis went for the deal and agreed to give Russia access to the blue prints of all their drones , even though they are the ones losing just to stop the Iranians from having S 400.

They know that once the Iranians have S 400 then the game is up. No one can attack them!

You keep making false assertions here with baseless evidences. You seem to forget there are different ranges of Raptor fighter aircrafts. When did Sukhoi Su-47 perform better than Raptor F/A-22(the best jet aircraft ever made)? The Su-47 Mach 1.6 at high altitude against Raptor F/A 22 Mach 2.5 prove your statement to be based on sentiment not fact. Indeed, the only four of the Su-47 jets that were made were lacking advanced tech but very good at maneuverability.

Russia indeed is lacking in missile defense system as commensurate with its chunk of weaponry. This link would be useful to you in this argument - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_defense_systems_of_various_nations.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 3:29am On Oct 13, 2012
Assertion with baseless evidence? Dude, this is my second food and those things am saying are all out there in public domain but requires a person with deep understanding to follow it up. What have I said that you think is baseless? may be when you start researching about these birds or start reading more from military exparts and not going to some websites dominated by fanboys or apologist , you would understand.

By the way, who told you that speed or mach number are the criteria of determining the superiority of jet fighters? Beside, I said it from my previous post that F 22 is the only 5th generation aircraft commissioned into to service, but it has a serious unresolved design error that is threatening her future. what you put out are mere design criteria and does not translates to superiority.

New fears for the beleaguered F-22 Raptor have emerged after it was
reported that two more Air Force pilots were forced to land after
experiencing symptoms of oxygen deprivation on-board the stealth fighter. On July 6, a pilot flying one of the $150 million fighters out of Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii had to make an emergency landing just weeks after a similar incident occurred at Joint Base Langley- Eustis, Virginia.

Both pilots were not wearing pressurised flying vests as advised by the U.S. Air Force in June, after oxygen deprivation had been reported in at least 12 separate incidents across the 187 strong F-22 fleet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172312/F-22-Raptor-pilots-experience-new-oxygen-deprivation-issues-casting-fresh-doubt-67-billion-jet-fighter-program.html

And again,

July 5, 2011: What appeared as a simple problem with the U.S. F-22
fighter, has kept 168 of them grounded for over two months, so far. It all began when it appeared that the F-22 fighter might be having a problem with its OBOG (OnBoard Oxygen Generating) system, causing
pilots to get drowsy, or even black out, from lack of oxygen. There have been five reports of potential problems in this area lately. As a result, on May 3rd, all F-22s were grounded. But the U.S. Air Force is alsochecking the OBOGs in F-16, F-15E, A-10, F-35 and T-6 aircraft as well.

The problem may just be with the F-22 OBOG, or a general problem with all air force OBOGs. The air force also believes the F-22 problem may not just involve the OBOG. As a result, the grounding is "indefinite" and will continue until the source of the breathing problem
is found, and definitely fixed.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20110705.aspx

A rookie may want to start putting design criteria up for assessment, while an expart will dig deeper. Now compare these issues of F 22 with Su 47( though a 4th generation jet or 4.5 generation. ) and feed me back. To be candid with you, F 22 project is a failed one and I hate to say it. Do we need to talk about the high unit cost? I don't think so!

all4naija: You keep making false assertions here with baseless evidences. You seem to forget there are different ranges of Raptor fighter aircrafts. When did Sukhoi Su-47 perform better than Raptor F/A-22(the best jet aircraft ever made)? The Su-47 Mach 1.6 at high altitude against Raptor F/A 22 Mach 2.5 prove your statement to be based on sentiment not fact. Indeed, the only four of the Su-47 jets that were made were lacking advanced tech but very good at maneuverability.

Russia indeed is lacking in missile defense system as commensurate with its chunk of weaponry. This like would be useful to you in this argument - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_defense_systems_of_various_nations.

Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 3:29am On Oct 13, 2012
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Ogaga87(m): 5:23am On Oct 13, 2012
f i o:

iran has russia and china, north korea
For Russia and China, the US would need the support of Britain and France. My brother na plain ground those two countries go turn to. And for North korea, the US need their own brother to deal with them, opportunity for Japan and south Korea. Na World war be this.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 6:32am On Oct 13, 2012
Which country? China, yes but Russia, capital NO!!!.

No country can defeat Russia in war. even if the whole world will fight against them. Russia has capability of hitting the whole with missiles simultaneously. Russia no be moi mo or akara. cool

Ogaga87:
For Russia and China, the US would need the support of Britain and France. My brother na plain ground those two countries go turn to. And for North korea, the US need their own brother to deal with them, opportunity for Japan and south Korea. Na World war be this.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by benzion72(m): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2012
Christian/Islam sentiment apart. Kindly google..... even google is jews owned not to talk of facebook. The jew though minute cannot be under rated even this nuclear stuff we are arguing is jewish intelligent have you forgotten Albert Einstein. The financial capital of the world is New York and it is jewish controlled. The world media is jewish controlled from associated press to Mudrock new empire.
Friend my take on this is that Iran only want to waste her citizen. Presently Iran is under various sanctions like Iraq after so long sanction Iraq was conquered and Saddam was capture with a Dog and hanged before Bush left office.
A spirit reside in persian that possess people until they are destroyed from the era of Nebuccadinezar to his son to Saddam to Ahmindjab. After the spirit has destroy its subject it look for another victim to possess for destruction.
Ever since I read 90minute in entebe and six days war I know Israel capability. No nation on earth can compare itself to israel except may be America and they themselves believed they have judeochristian heritage.

2 Likes

Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by ibnquasale(m): 11:03am On Oct 13, 2012
benzion72: Christian/Islam sentiment apart. Kindly google..... even google is jews owned not to talk of facebook. The jew though minute cannot be under rated even this nuclear stuff we are arguing is jewish intelligent have you forgotten Albert Einstein. The financial capital of the world is New York and it is jewish controlled. The world media is jewish controlled from associated press to Mudrock new empire.
Friend my take on this is that Iran only want to waste her citizen. Presently Iran is under various sanctions like Iraq after so long sanction Iraq was conquered and Saddam was capture with a Dog and hanged before Bush left office.
A spirit reside in persian that possess people until they are destroyed from the era of Nebuccadinezar to his son to Saddam to Ahmindjab. After the spirit has destroy its subject it look for another victim to possess for destruction.
Ever since I read 90minute in entebe and six days war I know Israel capability. No nation on earth can compare itself to israel except may be America and they themselves believed they have judeochristian heritage.

abeg, help me tell them ooo... i am still waiting for any response to this question: "is there any super power in the world that is not using the service of Isreali/Jewish scientist?"
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
ibnquasale:

abeg, help me tell them ooo... i am still waiting for any response to this question: "is there any super power in the world that is not using the service of Isreali/Jewish scientist?"
Yet they re not Superpower and they cant be Superpower because they dont have The economy strength to be one
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by violent(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
Osiris.211:
Which country? China, yes but Russia, capital NO!!!.

No country can defeat Russia in war. even if the whole world will fight against them. Russia has capability of hitting the whole with missiles simultaneously. Russia no be moi mo or akara. cool

childish talk !

America carry as much fury as Russia and in a confrontation, hundreds of million of people from both countries will definitely lose their lives. At what point do you suppose Russia will become defeated?

what of NATO?..NATO is beast! Even Russian Foreign minister larkov admitted a few days ago that it is senseless to think any country can use conventional weapons against a NATO country.

"Increased military activities near Russian borders, modernization of NATO\'s defense structure and its advance toward these borders, and noticeably more frequent military exercises, with the plot of a number of them based on using Article 5 of the Washington Treaty presuming collective defense against aggression from the outside, inevitably causes our questions," Lavrov said.

It is obvious now that the talk about the threat of an attack on NATO countries using conventional weapons cannot be taken seriously, he said

Ordinarily, you can't bet against America's military and win...if you bring NATO into the equation, Russia as you know it today will be no more!...NATO countries combined together spend more than 80 percent of the world's military budget, including sharing military research, development, and capabilities. What chance does Russia stand with it's soviet era weapons?...
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
YOU haven't said anything different. The truth is people tend to look at Russia as weak and all that.

military or defence budgets can be relative. The bottom line is any war against Russia is going to be a "no victor" case.

America and Russia are like Barcelona FC and Real Madrid. Who want to engage a country with capacity of hitting any position precisely with nuke? My hand no dey!

violent:

childish talk !

America carry as much fury as Russia and in a confrontation, hundreds of million of people from both countries will definitely lose their lives. At what point do you suppose Russia will become defeated?

what of NATO?..NATO is beast! Even Russian Foreign minister larkov admitted a few days ago that it is senseless to think any country can use conventional weapons against a NATO country.

"Increased military activities near Russian borders, modernization of NATO\'s defense structure and its advance toward these borders, and noticeably more frequent military exercises, with the plot of a number of them based on using Article 5 of the Washington Treaty presuming collective defense against aggression from the outside, inevitably causes our questions," Lavrov said.

It is obvious now that the talk about the threat of an attack on NATO countries using conventional weapons cannot be taken seriously, he said

Ordinarily, you can't bet against America's military and win...if you bring NATO into the equation, Russia as you know it today will be no more!...NATO countries combined together spend more than 80 percent of the world's military budget, including sharing military research, development, and capabilities. What chance does Russia stand with it's soviet era weapons?...

what do mean by soviet era? whence S 400 and S 500? Sukhoi T 50? recent acquisition of Israelis drone technology? Topol M?
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by violent(m): 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
what do mean by soviet era? whence S 400 and S 500? Sukhoi T 50? recent acquisition of Israelis drone technology? Topol M?

S 400 and 500 are recent technologies, but like many other missile defense systems, they become useless under a rain of heavy missiles. Russia has only about 96 S400s, I'm not sure how much of good they will be in a confrontation with NATO where thousands of missile can fly in from anywhere including from close neighbours like Turkey!....Imagine how Qaddafi must have boasted of his air defense comprised mostly of his soviet weapons and considered the most robust in Africa. America took less than an hour with over 120 missile rain to prove the ineffectiveness of these system and by the following morning, NATO was operating in Libyan air space with with impunity.

No country in the world is yet to develop the sort of superior Air force that the US is capable of. Russian air force is very overrated and most of all overdated. It comprises of Jets that are undeniably faster and probably easier to maneuver than many of their American class, but their systems are far more inferior, easily vulnerable, and weapons system haven't been upgraded for years.

Russia's air force is also a lot smaller and isn't capable of stealth space control, space support, Global Surveillance and reconnaissance, Precision attacks and rapid global mobility compared to the US air force. In addition, considering the numerous strategic partnerships built by the US over time, it means countries like France, Germany and Britain (and these countries, are no jokes in terms of Airforce) continue to hold military drills, research and partnerships to upgrade their systems.....Russia is grossly disadvantaged in this terms. It can't even rely on China as an ally as both countries still harbour deep distrust for each other from their sino-soviet conflict.

Countries like Russia, China, North Korea etc tend to inflate how strong they really are only as a means to ward off potential provocations. Imagine North Korea saying they have the means to hit US mainland, grin grin grin they can't even put a bloody satellite in space.

1 Like

Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
Impressive post I'd say! The only problem am having here is how you tend to portray Russian technology as obsolete. Agreed US is far superior than Russia in military hardware; but Russians still edge her in missile defence system. When a 4th generation jet fighter of less than 45 million dollars unit cost put a fight to 160 million dollars 5th generation fighter jet, then there is more than the eyes can see. The truth is that the Russians are very economical with truth when it comes to their arsenal, so no one can accurately deduce their worth.

Secondly, do you think gaddafi would have fallen if the Russians openly backed and supply him with arms and couple of choiced missile defence system from their arsenal ? I don't think so. Even the destroyer "Barry" firing the tomahawk missile could have been destroyed. Since the anti- missiles fired from S400 could eventually serve as a destroyer. The naval carrier is within her reach.

couple of S400 could have rendered all the tomahawk missiles coming into Tripoli useless . infact, even the "no fly zone" wouldn't have been effective. The NATO and coalition forces are wary of humiliation in Syria, hence they are employing all sort of tactics to evade declaration of war on Bashar Assad. Is there anything that took place in Libya that is not happening is Syria? Your guess is good as mine.

They know they won't survive the capability of the S400 or S300 system. Beside, you know there is NO aircraft that is completely stealth.

violent:

S 400 and 500 are recent technologies, but like many other missile defense systems, they become useless under a rain of heavy missiles. Russia has only about 96 S400s, I'm not sure how much of good they will be in a confrontation with NATO where thousands of missile can fly in from anywhere including from close neighbours like Turkey!....Imagine how Qaddafi must have boasted of his air defense comprised mostly of his soviet weapons and considered the most robust in Africa. America took less than an hour with over 120 missile rain to prove the ineffectiveness of these system and by the following morning, NATO was operating in Libyan air space with with impunity.

No country in the world is yet to develop the sort of superior Air force that the US is capable of. Russian air force is very overrated and most of all overdated. It comprises of Jets that are undeniably faster and probably easier to maneuver than many of their American class, but their systems are far more inferior, easily vulnerable, and weapons system haven't been upgraded for years.

Russia's air force is also a lot smaller and isn't capable of stealth space control, space support, Global Surveillance and reconnaissance, Precision attacks and rapid global mobility compared to the US air force. In addition, considering the numerous strategic partnerships built by the US over time, it means countries like France, Germany and Britain (and these countries, are no jokes in terms of Airforce) continue to hold military drills, research and partnerships to upgrade their systems.....Russia is grossly disadvantaged in this terms. It can't even rely on China as an ally as both countries still harbour deep distrust for each other from their sino-soviet conflict.

Countries like Russia, China, North Korea etc tend to inflate how strong they really are only as a means to ward off potential provocations. Imagine North Korea saying they have the means to hit US mainland, grin grin grin they can't even put a bloody satellite in space.

China is rising very fast. with their acquisition of aircraft carrier (though an old Russian refurbished one, you can't down look their ability to copy any technology and reverse engineered it) and fast tracking the production of J 20 and numerical strength, I see them becoming battle ready is couple of years to come.

Forget about North Korea, they should find the way to feed their hungry looking populations first, before talking about war.

Before the dust of any attack on US from North Korea settles down, Pyongyang will be sent back to 2000 BC with torrential rainfall of nukes in different sizes . I no fit laugh joor. grin grin
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
@Osiris

The truth is that you don't need manned aircraft in a modern warfare that much and Russia is lacking in unmanned aircraft.

However, looking back at what you have presented here, there is need for Russia to upgrade its tech, most especially, in the field of air to ground weapon-bearing equipment. In my little understanding of things coupled with what you have presented so far there are evidences that Russia is overrated. The missile defense system is still at the elementary stage when compare to the USA and Israel, the fighter aircrafts are fast and with good maneuverability yet with little or less to any good against being spotted or attacked. The over-hyped Sukhoi Su -47 is only four in production and I wonder how useful that would be in a world war against barrages of Raptor F/A 22 with over 60 in production.

With due respect, I think you have an argument with Russia having a lot of nuclear weapons in the silos but the tech behind them is already obselete and might not be effective in a modern warfare.For example,before they are deployed from their various storage system they can be hit by DARPA Falcon HTV-2( in the future).

On the final note, modern warfare is largely going to be carried out based on intelligence and proxy, which USA have in abundance when compared to Russia. Indeed, Russia is seen as bully by most nations and many of would-be supporters might not see the nation as being trust-worthy.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by violent(m): 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
Osiris.211:
Impressive post I'd say! The only problem am having here is how you tend to portray Russian technology as obsolete. Agreed US is far superior than Russia in military hardware; but Russians still edge her in missile defence system. When a 4th generation jet fighter of less than 45 million dollars unit cost put a fight to 160 million dollars 5th generation fighter jet, then there is more than the eyes can see. The truth is that the Russians are very economical with truth when it comes to their arsenal, so no one can accurately deduce their worth.

Secondly, do you think gaddafi would have fallen if the Russians openly backed and supply him with arms and couple of choiced missile defence system from their arsenal ? I don't think so. Even the destroyer "Barry" firing the tomahawk missile could have been destroyed. Since the anti- missiles fired from S400 could eventually serve as a destroyer. The naval carrier is within her reach.

couple of S400 could have rendered all the tomahawk missiles coming into Tripoli useless . infact, even the "no fly zone" wouldn't have been effective. The NATO and coalition forces are wary of humiliation in Syria, hence they are employing all sort of tactics to evade declaration of war on Bashar Assad. Is there anything that took place in Libya that is not happening is Syria? Your guess is good as mine.

They know they won't survive the capability of the S400 or S300 system. Beside, you know there is NO aircraft that is completely stealth.

China is rising very fast. with their acquisition of aircraft carrier (though an old Russian refurbished one, you can't down look their ability to copy any technology and reverse engineered it) and fast tracking the production of J 20 and numerical strength, I see them becoming battle ready is couple of years to come.

Forget about North Korea, they should find the way to feed their hungry looking populations first, before talking about war.

Before the dust of any attack on US from North Korea settles down, Pyongyang will be sent back to 2000 BC with torrential rainfall of nukes in different sizes . I no fit laugh joor. grin grin

You shouldn't get me wrong. Russia has a dominating military might. It is actually the only country that could really stand fist to fist with the US in a combat! In a combat that involves use of conventional weapons such as ballistic missiles, Russia probably has an advantage as most of their ICBM class can penetrate some of the best defense systems in the world. This is why the US and it's European allies are seeking to build a protective shield in the first place..forget all the lies of the shield being about Iran.

You are very spot on with the S400 and S300s, they are indeed the best air defence missiles in the world. But then again, one may argue that being the best is only by estimate until they are indeed tested in real combat against the enemy's military!!

But that said, America stands out in its delivery system. It has submarines at various strategic point that could deliver a first or deadly reprisal strikes to any country at a moment's notice. With it's hundreds of Nuclear powered carriers, the US Navy could ship American fury to any country within hours!!! During the Cuban crises when the US for the first and only time in history raised its alert level to DEFCON 2, it had 23 nuclear armed B52 at the earth orbit points that are within striking distance of the Soviet Union all of which were maintaining a 15 minutes alert notice...You can't beat that!

I'd estimate that should Libya have owned series of S400s, the US is damn sure to have a way of getting round it. The B2-Spirits remain the best of stealth strategic bombers of all times, and without a functioning radar, surface to air missiles such as the S400s are as good as toys. In this case, my guess will be that the US military may likely target the radar of this systems rather than the actual battery before even attempting to dominate the country's airspace. Also, you could consider that some of these systems may be vulnerable to an "Out of the world" EMP that could fry out everything electromagnetic within a set range. Deliveries of this kind is not something that can't be achieved with a B2-spirit....may be hard, but possible nonetheless. It's actually one those ways that Israel is rumoured to set out in attacking Iran in the future.

In the case of Syria, I would say NATO/US is actually not eager to step into a conflict that may involve Russia directly as against being wary of humiliation. NATO probably believes it's cheaper to use Turkey as a fronting force rather than get mired in an unending civil conflict that could easily spread like wildfire and engulf the entire middle east. But then, if Turkey feels it is directly threatened and summoned NATO under chapter 4, then NATO will get involved, and damn the consequences. It is an alliance that has been forged through decades of mutual understanding that an attack on a single country will be considered an attack on all of NATO.

Little wonder why Russia pressured Syria into moving its forces from turkish borders? It's simple, cos Russia knows Turkey may try to force the hand of NATO, and Russia is not eager to confront NATO on behalf of Syria. Why should they? There are 142 million Russians, why should Russia risk all of their lives to help Syria? Russia is only likely to confront NATO on behalf of Russia ...not anyone else.

I wouldn't underestimate the Chinese. Russia is actually more wary of the growing Chinese military influence within the last decade. China has the second largest military budget in the world and it could invade Russia with an army twice the population of entire Russia if it wishes to.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
@ all4naija:

The bottom line here is no matter the advancement of humanity, people must be involved and die in WARS! Else, if I send robots and you send robots then wars will be good as playing computer games with people sitting in front of large screen controlling toys. The beauty of war is recording causality i.e let people die. That said.

Then again, the unmanned aerial vehicles(UAV's) technology is still evolving and drones are still not that reliable, as we saw how some Iraqi rookies hacked into drones deployed by US with the aid of just 20 dollars software and copied all the secret images on the hard drive or the case of Iran( though with help of China) hacking and downing the most sophisticated drone in US arsenal; stealth drone for that matter.

Israel has the best drone technology in the world presently, but unfortunately for her she transferred the technology to Russia, after cutting a deal to halt the supply of S 300 series to Iran. Do you think the Israelis are stup!d to let the Russians have access to the blue prints of the most powerful drone technology out there, if they don't know the impacts and capability of Iran having the S 300?
Dude, if Israel can be this jittery about mere S 300 what then will you say about S 400 or S 500? or the secret S1000?

what do you think will happen if that drone that was downed by Iran was loaded with lets say a miniature nuke? instantly, Iran would have became a nuclear country, right?

No country in her right senses should ever allow her drones fly with any hi grade weapons on it cos chances are it may be downed and the technology lost or shared.

Secondly, even the strength of US still revolves around what you termed as old technology, as I can tell you most of her nuclear powered aircraft carriers or submarines are very "old" but very effective. The F-22 you mentioned are arguably the best fighter jets out there since F-35 lightening II and Sukhoi T 50 are still at development stages, but they can't be use in any combat since it has a faulty on board oxygen system which is capable of making the pilot blackout, a serious unresolved safety issues.

Thirdly, when we talk about intelligence, CIA is the weakest among Mossad and KGB. Israeli Mossad first, KGB second then followed by CIA( my opinion)
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
Well said. I learnt a lot from this post.

violent:

You shouldn't get me wrong. Russia has a dominating military might. It is actually the only country that could really stand fist to fist with the US in a combat! In a combat that involves use of conventional weapons such as ballistic missiles, Russia probably has an advantage as most of their ICBM class can penetrate some of the best defense systems in the world. This is why the US and it's European allies are seeking to build a protective shield in the first place..forget all the lies of the shield being about Iran.

You are very spot on with the S400 and S300s, they are indeed the best air defence missiles in the world. But then again, one may argue that being the best is only by estimate until they are indeed tested in real combat against the enemy's military!!

But that said, America stands out in its delivery system. It has submarines at various strategic point that could deliver a first or deadly reprisal strikes to any country at a moment's notice. With it's hundreds of Nuclear powered carriers, the US Navy could ship American fury to any country within hours!!! During the Cuban crises when the US for the first and only time in history raised its alert level to DEFCON 2, it had 23 nuclear armed B52 at the earth orbit points that are within striking distance of the Soviet Union all of which were maintaining a 15 minutes alert notice...You can't beat that!

I'd estimate that should Libya have owned series of S400s, the US is damn sure to have a way of getting round it. The B2-Spirits remain the best of stealth strategic bombers of all times, and without a functioning radar, surface to air missiles such as the S400s are as good as toys. In this case, my guess will be that the US military may likely target the radar of this systems rather than the actual battery before even attempting to dominate the country's airspace. Also, you could consider that some of these systems may be vulnerable to an "Out of the world" EMP that could fry out everything electromagnetic within a set range. Deliveries of this kind is not something that can't be achieved with a B2-spirit....may be hard, but possible nonetheless. It's actually one those ways that Israel is rumoured to set out in attacking Iran in the future.

In the case of Syria, I would say NATO/US is actually not eager to step into a conflict that may involve Russia directly as against being wary of humiliation. NATO probably believes it's cheaper to use Turkey as a fronting force rather than get mired in an unending civil conflict that could easily spread like wildfire and engulf the entire middle east. But then, if Turkey feels it is directly threatened and summoned NATO under chapter 4, then NATO will get involved, and damn the consequences. It is an alliance that has been forged through decades of mutual understanding that an attack on a single country will be considered an attack on all of NATO.

Little wonder why Russia pressured Syria into moving its forces from turkish borders? It's simple, cos Russia knows Turkey may try to force the hand of NATO, and Russia is not eager to confront NATO on behalf of Syria. Why should they? There are 142 million Russians, why should Russia risk all of their lives to help Syria? Russia is only likely to confront NATO on behalf of Russia ...not anyone else.

I wouldn't underestimate the Chinese. Russia is actually more wary of the growing Chinese military influence within the last decade. China has the second largest military budget in the world and it could invade Russia with an army twice the population of entire Russia if it wishes to.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by violent(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
^^

I think building drones is no longer a big deal.

The US drone that was captured was only a reconnaissance drone...many countries such as China and India are able to build something similar. US even sells this stuff to many UAE countries. I don't see how much technological advancement there is to be gained by Iran from this, except probably the stealth technology.

However, building an armed drone that could strike with precision is a feat that isn't so popular. I think only france is making much progress with it's Dassault Neuron. Less than 10 years ago, the US had only about 20 or so drones. Today it has 7500, i think only very few countries can catch up with that.

Even Naija self build hin own drone grin grin grin

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/12/amebo-1-drone.jpg?w=640[/img]

Thirdly, when we talk about intelligence, CIA is the weakest among Mossad and KGB. Israeli Mossad first, KGB second then followed by CIA( my opinion)

I don't know about the rest, but MOSSAD remains the world's most efficient killing machine!
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Osiris.211:
@ all4naija:
Based on what evidences? I still think there is no any intelligence agency as widely effective as the CIA despite some shortcomings. Taking Mossad and KGB to be superior to CIA in order of your list is unacceptable. I would dare you give me some reasons why you think those two intelligence agencies are better?

Indeed, CIA could as well be involved in Mossad collation of intelligence information. In other words, I think Mossad is sharing some info with the CIA in some capacity. That is obviously important in the ongoing security within the Middle-East as US is involved. As for KGB, it is just within the Russian border and planting spies in US tech industries, there is nothing so much to be reckon with on the side of the Russian intelligence though.
Re: Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel by Osiris211: 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
That was my opinion and I think we can agree to disagree cool

Mossad are undisputed champions. . .KGB and CIA? my vote is tilted towards the Russians for smuggling polonium to Britain and quietly eliminating their target without the knowledge of M 16.

all4naija: Based on what evidences? I still think there is no any intelligence agency as widely effective as the CIA despite some shortcomings. Taking Mossad and KGB to be superior to CIA in order of your list is unacceptable. I would dare you give me some reasons why you think those two intelligence agencies are better?

Indeed, CIA could as well be involved in Mossad collation of intelligence information. In other words, I think Mossad is sharing some info with the CIA in some capacity. That is obviously important in the ongoing security within the Middle-East as US is involved. As for KGB, it is just within the Russian border and planting spies in US tech industries, there is nothing so much to be reckon with on the side of the Russian intelligence though.

N.B
Checked your blog and it's fantastic. Keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paris Police Attack: Four Killed By Knife-Wielding Man / Man With Bashed-in Skull Awarded £38m Payout / The Israeli Raid On Damascus, An ‘unprecedented’ Escalation Of Tensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.