Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,230 members, 7,928,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:37 PM

Man Sues Proposed Wife For Assault, Intimidation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sues Proposed Wife For Assault, Intimidation (629 Views)

Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies / Man Dumped Wife For Online Lover Who Turned Out To Be A Nigerian Scammer / Bash Ali In Jail Over Criminal Intimidation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Sues Proposed Wife For Assault, Intimidation by ballabriggs: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
SUITOR SUES PROPOSED WIFE OVER ALLEGED ASSAULT, INTIMIDATION

A 40 year-old-man, Mohammed Abubakar, of Hayin Rigasa, on Thursday, sued his proposed wife, UmulkairJa'afar, before a Shari'a Court, Magajin Gari, Kaduna, for alleged assault and intimidation.

Abubakar told the court that although arrangement for the wedding had gone far, Umulkair told him that he must buy her a car before the ceremony could take place.

``We have started making arrangement of getting married but she requested that I must buy a car for her before she will marry me.

``I told her that I don’t have the money because I just bought a new car and I did not buy one for my wife,’’ he said.

Abubakar further told the court that his inability to buy a car for Umulkair brought to an end the wedding arrangement.

``After this development, the woman started sending insulting and intimidating text messages to me.''

He told the court that he had witnesses, who would testify on the issue.

``I have shown them the messages she has been sending to me. I want to bring them before the court to testify.’’

Umulkair, however, pleaded not guilty of the allegations, saying that she had never sent any intimidating message to him.

The Presiding Officer, Ibrahim Inuwa, adjourned the case to Oct.18, for the continuation of hearing. (NAN)
HMY/ IM/LDA/OFN

Source
Re: Man Sues Proposed Wife For Assault, Intimidation by Chanchit: 3:34am On Oct 12, 2012
Bad ridance for stupid rubbish...
Re: Man Sues Proposed Wife For Assault, Intimidation by birdman(m): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2012
the guy has cold feet and needs an excuse cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Man Caught With Cocaine Hidden In Pendants / 25,man, Charged For Stealing James Version Of The Bible Valued At N1,000 / Police Arrest Stepfather Who Defiled 10-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.