Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,119 members, 7,973,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:12 AM

Another Lynching In Warri - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Lynching In Warri (22095 Views)

ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl / Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry / Three Arrested For Lynching Suspected Robbers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by jude33084(m): 6:36am On Oct 13, 2012
mrkels: [img]http://2.bp..com/-bcbDfJHMiBM/UHhuGmpnmkI/AAAAAAAAAMk/Tgmv0PxM_6o/s320/Evil+that+men+do.jpg[/img]
Just some few days ago, we heard the story of how four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students were brutally murdered in Umuokiri village, Aluu, Rivers State,The murdered students, Chiadika Lordson, Ugonna Kelechi Obusor, Mike Lloyd Toku, and Tekena Elkanah, all part two students, were murdered in cold blood over alleged theft of a laptop computer and a blackberry phone.It was a horrible sight for all and those who saw the video took their anger to the online community demanding justice for the Aluu4. The police were quick to arrest the suspects as there was video evidence showing the babaric nature of the youths. Well, the same thing has happened again and this time in the oil city, warri, delta state.
The man in the video below was alledged to have stolen a neck chain in one of the popular markets and the people who caught him felt the best way to go about the issue was by burning him to death. The faces of the muderers are shown in the video, we are hoping the police would swiftly make some arrests as they did in the aluu4 case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT-IO_q0WJ8

One thing is common in the two events, 1) They were accused of doing something against the law. 2) They were burnt to death.

I know some people would say this is the best way to go about issues like this because of their personal experience with people like this, but then again we are humans and not babaric, besides theres a reason why we have the police and the law. Let us put things in place to stop this from ever happening again.

Source
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by miketonic(m): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2012
frank4ryl:

USELESS MAN! YOU WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE AS LONG AS YOU ARE A PEST TO OTHER PEOPLE`S DEVELOPMENT. A SLAVE LIKE YOU CALLING NIGERIA A godforsaken country.

YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS...PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME, HOW I AMA SLAVE IN A DEVELOP COUNTRY? WHEN AM A DOCTOR OVER HERE, LIVE IN A MANSION AND DRIVE A PORSCHE. ALSO, MY WIFE IS MIX WITH BLACK AND WHITE
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by jude33084(m): 6:42am On Oct 13, 2012
mrkels: [img]http://2.bp..com/-bcbDfJHMiBM/UHhuGmpnmkI/AAAAAAAAAMk/Tgmv0PxM_6o/s320/Evil+that+men+do.jpg[/img]
Just some few days ago, we heard the story of how four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students were brutally murdered in Umuokiri village, Aluu, Rivers State,The murdered students, Chiadika Lordson, Ugonna Kelechi Obusor, Mike Lloyd Toku, and Tekena Elkanah, all part two students, were murdered in cold blood over alleged theft of a laptop computer and a blackberry phone.It was a horrible sight for all and those who saw the video took their anger to the online community demanding justice for the Aluu4. The police were quick to arrest the suspects as there was video evidence showing the babaric nature of the youths. Well, the same thing has happened again and this time in the oil city, warri, delta state.
The man in the video below was alledged to have stolen a neck chain in one of the popular markets and the people who caught him felt the best way to go about the issue was by burning him to death. The faces of the muderers are shown in the video, we are hoping the police would swiftly make some arrests as they did in the aluu4 case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT-IO_q0WJ8

One thing is common in the two events, 1) They were accused of doing something against the law. 2) They were burnt to death.

I know some people would say this is the best way to go about issues like this because of their personal experience with people like this, but then again we are humans and not babaric, besides theres a reason why we have the police and the law. Let us put things in place to stop this from ever happening again.

Source

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by passionate88: 6:44am On Oct 13, 2012
Stromae: [size=16pt]FALSE NEWS! THIS IS A VERY OLD VIDEO. I HAVE HAD IT ON MY PC SINCE LAST YEAR!!![/size]
very old... When I got 2 d part about d necklace, I knew it was the same video I watched... @op.. Archaic..
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by ziccoit: 6:48am On Oct 13, 2012
pDude: Nigeria na wa o. sad

The leaders are not the problem. Nigerians are their own problems.

When the head is rotten, what would happen to the rest of the body?
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:49am On Oct 13, 2012
Nigeria is finished----- When pple no longer believe in d justice system and they take the laws in dia own hands. We have lost our souls

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2012
miketonic: This is one of the reason why i hate Nigeria... anyone can come up to you and accuse u of stealing, and before you know, a group of mob is onto you, with TIRE AND FUEL ready to burn you alive. smh. am soo happy that am in America, thank god, i will never return to thAT GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,
serial killers dominate there too, and you can still get caught up in hood wars you get, our world is full of evil even if you go to the moon.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by xbitttt(m): 6:51am On Oct 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
barbaric country. . . . .always seeking for jungle justice
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by wizzymate(m): 7:01am On Oct 13, 2012
So if there is no God, or even if
there is but he doesn't choose to
help you, then you are dead out of luck
in this country where there's like a
million ways for a man to die.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by akajos4real: 7:01am On Oct 13, 2012
To put the issue in proper perspective is that people do not have confidence in our justice system.
Arrest a criminal and hand over to the police, the next thing is that that same individual is knocking on your door in a few days or back on the street doing same thing he/she was arrested for.
The question is what option to we really have?
Again, if you have been a victim of a robbery incident or lost people/precious property/dignity to these people, I am sure you wont share some of the opinions been shared here.

It is my opinion that these actions will not go away instead they will go underground until we have a proper justice system.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 13, 2012
miketonic: This is one of the reason why i hate Nigeria... anyone can come up to you and accuse u of stealing, and before you know, a group of mob is onto you, with TIRE AND FUEL ready to burn you alive. smh. am soo happy that am in America, thank god, i will never return to thAT GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,

You must be typing from an American prison were you are serving a life sentence that's why you won't be able to come back to Nigeria. What's ur crime man?
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by maclatunji: 7:05am On Oct 13, 2012
davidylan: These are people desensitized by their own poverty. Killing others has become a means of offloading their pain and sense of hopelessness unto the hapless. Such a shame. On sunday many of them would be dancing azonto and lifting "holy" hands.

Freecocoa please come and tell people how barbaric and inhuman this act is whilst ignoring the fact that people will show these animalistic tendencies if there's no deterrent factor from government to punish those who engage in these murders called lynchings. If you don't correct government's institutional and systemic failure- you're just being sentimental, impractical and unwilling to curb these horrific acts.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by davades(m): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2012
tchaik: They can never carry last!

Warri wolves
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by maclatunji: 7:15am On Oct 13, 2012
mavtrevor: One was almost burnt in my street yesterday for stealing a bike but then i guess ppl may have learnt a little from the ALUU incident, the guy that brought the tyre was even slapped and the tire thrown away, the police was called and the idiot was wisked away to the cell.

Hahahaha... the slap was meant to disarm the wannabe murderer. This country needs fundamental change but I am at a loss on how it will happen.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by rman: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2012
The fact that it is old doesnt make it false!

This video also deserves equal attention like Aluu's.

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2012
Stromae: [size=16pt]FALSE NEWS! THIS IS A VERY OLD VIDEO. I HAVE HAD IT ON MY PC SINCE LAST YEAR!!![/size]

Thanks for clearing the air. Cause I have started wondering what the world is turning into
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by ashmanpolo: 7:27am On Oct 13, 2012
@Op, u just invoked the redherring
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by elampiro(m): 7:31am On Oct 13, 2012
mavtrevor: One was almost burnt in my street yesterday for stealing a bike but then i guess ppl may have learnt a little from the ALUU incident, the guy that brought the tyre was even slapped and the tire thrown away, the police was called and the idiot was wisked away to the cell.

The guy that brought tyre should have been arrested for attempted murder.

2 Likes

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by dayokanu(m): 7:35am On Oct 13, 2012
elampiro:

The guy that brought tyre should have been arrested for attempted murder.

Actually dem suppose put the tyre on his own neck and shakara him like say dem wan burn am so he can have 10% of the feeling

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Ideasroole: 7:39am On Oct 13, 2012
undecided undecided lipsrsealed Dolts lyk u neva seize 2 amaze me...
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by dont8(m): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2012
Very fast, people are going crazy and cruel .
CrazyMan: This is unbelievable...lynched on a major road...

Nigeria needs God's intervention.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by dabrake(m): 7:55am On Oct 13, 2012
that one concern una. i been see guys dey accuse some kain boys 2 s ago sey them thief phone. na me just go separate the quarrel sharp sharp before im go turn beating. omo, me never want revenge yet(make them scatter my house) on top that never wan go exile from my house oh
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Ranoscky(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2012
ODEpemu !!

Country wey i no fit live in naim u dey make noise about. Just pray make one crack head no go on a sporadically shooting spree, on the process, blow ur brains off, mumu!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by EasyArch(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2012
Its so annoying how people just post false/stale news on nairaland, and it makes the front page, without any verification embarassed It doesnt speak well or the forum, the mods should be careful about which topics make d front page next time.

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by goldng: 8:03am On Oct 13, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2012
What is it with october and killing of youth?? First it was aluu, later is was the student sentenced to death by firing squad, now its anoda lynchin in warri?! Wtf??
I ask again, what is it with d month of october and killin of people?! Gosh i'm so tired of ere! angry

i.e assumin dis story is not a fake as i strongly smell it to be.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Burger01(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=oubi]

.. What is missleading abt the video? The act or the people? undecided undecided[/quote

The video is old and archaic... Not current event.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by ZeusI: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2012
davidylan: These are people desensitized by their own poverty. Killing others has become a means of offloading their pain and sense of hopelessness unto the hapless. Such a shame. On sunday many of them would be dancing azonto and lifting "holy" hands.
Hahahahahaha. Guy you funny.oo men are evil, poor men are worser.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by obongGODAkpan(m): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2012
It will continue untill our security system becomes trust worthy. I was supprise when people were condeming Aluu as if they just arrived from UK. Dont be caught stealing in Aba at any time. Its our culture cos police are more criminal than the ones you are delivering to them.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by vanstanzy(m): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2012
pDude: Nigeria na wa o. sad

The leaders are not the problem. Nigerians are their own problems.

Our leaders are from out of our stock. "Birds of a feather, flock together!". Am not surprised this is happening again, but very angry Nigerians still haven't learnt anything. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

150 Arrested In Kano For Sagged Pants And Sporty Hair / Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient / US Police Arrest 10-Year-Old Black Boy For Robbery In His Mother's Absence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.