Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,211 members, 7,910,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:13 AM

A Week In The Emergency Ward! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Week In The Emergency Ward! (605 Views)

Achieve Upto 700 Reader Fans In A Week With Hubpage!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Week In The Emergency Ward! by knockturnal(m): 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
A week ago, i believed in God. But i did not believe in the bible. Now i lay here wit a gunshot wound an twelve matchet cuts to the right side of my head held fast by 82 stiches. Am alive and very strong, evryone says its a miracle am still topside. I know its a miracle. I give thanks to God every minuite. Its been a week now, injections, transfusions, examinations, incisions, discusions and assertions. Am gona be fine,minus half an ear and various scars. But i feel luckier than a lottery winner. One week here and i have seen death! Enough death to last me two life times. I hear screams of anguished souls seeing life depart from thier loved ones. I see people, kids, grandpas, wifes, brothers, try to hold on dearly to life. I see pain killing the very essence of a human being. Some get better, some get worse, some get dead, some leave, oh but some more arrive. The nurses scury, the doctors bark oders, instruments beep n clang, pain come alive in screams. And i just wana leave. Its driving me batty! I cant stand it. Wat is this bullshit we call life? Why fight so hard to bring it, to keep it, to give meaning to it, onli to loose it. God! Am so thankfull am alive.

(1) (Reply)

Pick Pocketing Contest (the Lady In Red) 1 / The devil in me / Greatest Bestseller Books Ever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.