Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra (805 Views)

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / HID Awolowo And Oludolapo Osinbajo At Pa Awolowo’s 28th Remembrance Today (pics) / Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra by tpn: 7:44am On Oct 14, 2012
So much has been written and said about this but I wish to state the obvious so that people can put it to rest.before I start it has been agreed by one governor that knowledge and intellectualism is missing I Nigeira so I would want to take it easy with you guys.
First ,igbo fought the war and they lost .igbos deal with it and move on.
Awolowo has explained why he devised the starvation policy.whether you like it or not at that time he is not responsible for Igbo welfare during the war,your leader is responsible .so deal with it and ask your leaders why they did not plan for food for civilians or even at that how many food did the igbo send across to nigeria during the war too.abi is it one way traffic.
That achebe is blaming awolowo for the genocide that resulted is his own opinion .anybody can blame anybody for what he did or failed to do .no qualms.
But the major qualms is that nigerians don't learn from history.and this is the history,the north has always been conservative in their nature which is evident today by the call for true federalism and state police by the southern governors and with the northen governors kicking against it.now is the time for southern leaders to come together to detailed the type of nigeria they want and speak with one voice so that the conservative north can shift ground.but no the achebe memoir is trying to throw spanner in that wheel by bringing up an issue that all the players are to blame including himself because if they could not resolve their issues without going to war ,they ought to take responsibility for everything that happened in the war or achebe wants to tell me now that the igbo soldiers did not kill any nigerian soldier or civillian during the war.
Please igbo ,the war is over learn from the mistakes of the leaders so that you don't repeat the same mistake over and over.my 2 cents
Re: Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra by warrior01: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2012
@ op, i read what you wrote and i have only one response for you; you're a fool
Re: Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra by Callotti: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2012
Another 'Igbo' topic.
Oh dia!!!
Re: Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2012
Callotti: Another 'Igbo' topic.
Oh dia!!!

do you even read it at all or you re back with ur stu..pidity! igbo everytime in ur dirty mouth
Re: Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra by Akshow: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2012
well said.
Re: Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra by Standing5(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2012
Couldn't agree more with the OP. Achebe and his likes are at fault for not attempting to stop the war. . . Instead they decided to go after Pa Awo when they know fully well his position on the war before hostilities started.
Point of correction to Mr. OP, Pa Awo never implemented a 'starvation policy' instead the Nigerian side decided to close its borders to Biafran side, and that is well within their (The Nigerian side) power and right. Let the likes of Achebe come out and correct the wrongs of their youthful days by leading a reconciliation meeting . . . He should know better than trying to sell books on the emotion of the current generation of youths. They 've already wasted one generation trying to consolidate they their grip on power. . . They say "in war and love everything is fair". Pa Awo was justified for trying to sheild an enemy (an act of Love) and also justified for helping to close the biafra acclaimed Nigerian border (an act) in war.
Re: Igbo ,awolowo And Biafra by Callotti: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2012
Onye IKE-DORTY-Totosky!:

do you even read it at all or you re back with ur stu..pidity! igbo everytime in ur dirty mouth

Did you read the part where it stated that 'Igbos' should move on and stop seething with the embarrassment of defeat on or off the cyber airways?

Did you read the part where it stated that 'Igbos' should learn from the mistakes of their leaders by providing enough food before going to war?

Now, who is the ijjiot on this thread?

FYI. . . .I never went anywhere honey. . . NOT TO MENTION 'COME BACK'. . . .you are the lame, IGBOTIC-DAFFY-DUCK. kiss
Soooo phock off! Notice me or I quench. . .Ashara Cantell abi na MR BIGGS!!!kiss
Intellectual 'Biafran-Pigmy'!
M0R0N!
PHACKING SWINE! kiss

It is an 'IGBOTIC' thread. . . SICK OF IT AS WITH ALL THING IGBOTIC ON NL. . . .
Now, move your blooming azzze. . . .
You don taya to ban with your kobo-kobo ashawo without benefits for NL? cheesy
Mu che che che che che che che
Olodo. . . STINKING-ONYE-ONITSHA-MARKET-EZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZI!!!!-kiss

*thread unfollowed*

(1) (Reply)

Fashola/acn Award. Why PDP Was Bitter With Me - Iwuanyanwu / JTF Officer Throws Back Bomb Just Like In The Movies, Saves The Day / FG Launches Offensive On New Terror Sect, JAMBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.