Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,405 members, 7,950,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:04 AM

Out Of South Africa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Out Of South Africa. (4131 Views)

Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa / What Do You Think Of South Africa? / What Is The Requirements Of South African Study Visa To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Out Of South Africa. by goodguy100(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
Can someone please tell me what to do, l have been in South Africa for the past two years now, life here is hardcore l am haveing plans of traveling to europe from here but it is not all that easy here, my friend from lesotho promise me there passport that l can use in traveling to Japan or south korea it is a visa free traveling with lesotho passport must i take the risk, you people know that life is all about trying. angry angry angry
Re: Out Of South Africa. by idonland(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2008
Why would you risk everything in your life just because you want to go to europe, who says life is going to be any easier there? You should know better than to ask that kind of question here, be honest to yourself. Cheating NEVER pays.
Re: Out Of South Africa. by DisGuy: 4:57am On Jan 28, 2008
why don't you just go home first at least if things fail you are still with your family and loved ones.
Go back to Nigerian then arrange your next trip to Japan/Europe or anywhere
you might even start a business back home

I feel for you man
Re: Out Of South Africa. by onatisi(m): 10:21am On Jan 28, 2008
yes i agree with with the last man that just replied , come to think of it nigeria is not all that bad , if u have the money to invest , if u consider the money used in risking this risking that and the time wasted , one will c tat it would have been better top do something tangible u will travel when the time comes , but remember life is too short to waste on traveling. pls take my advise because it is borne out of personal experience
Re: Out Of South Africa. by prince84(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2008
@ poster
life as an immigrant is very difficult, not to talk of an illegal one.
atleast u have experenced it first hand, my advice either stay in SA and consolidate
or comebak home nigeria is not as bad as we all thought,no police harassments,no curious looks,no racist comments
infact use yourhead, but no go illegaly u will regret it.

all the best grin
Re: Out Of South Africa. by goodguy100(m): 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2008
Thanks all for your replies, going back to Nigeria? is not the best for me cus i have nothing to show for it [staying in SOUTTH AFRICA for two years, is bleeped up ] hope you guys understand me better now.
Re: Out Of South Africa. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2008
@ poster.

Why did you have to go to S.A in the first place? Out of Peer Pressure I guess sad

It is easier to make 10k in Naija than to make 10 Rans in S.A. My mother has been there for a vacation before and she saw 2 Nigerians selling sweets in a market, somewhere in Jo'Borg.

The only way you can hammer over there is if you are connected and very desperate because south africans themselves hate Nigerians because they feel they came to exploit!

Guys are hammering BigTyme in Nigeria! No rules at all! In fact if u stay too long in SA na yawa for you my guy wink I think you should come back, regardless of the shame! from here you can organize your plan be or betterstill, start some runs man! grin
Re: Out Of South Africa. by Gamine(f): 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2008
i tot it was Rands they spend in SA not rans? undecided
Re: Out Of South Africa. by Dantecmu(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2008
@poster
if u cant make it in SA what makes you thk you can in europe. Dem no dey pick money for ground o there has to be a transfer of goods or service b4 u get 1pound or 1 euro.i have being to SA and europe and i can confidently tell you theres no much diffrence so just chill at least bad as e bad you get accomodation for SA. Dont come back to naija either cus psychologically u cant handle it. Stay in SA and make sure u dont make same mistakes you made for the past 2 yrs hussle and save even if na 10 rand a week save it.

ciao.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Out Of South Africa. by DisGuy: 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2008
goodguy100:

Thanks all for your replies, going back to Nigeria? is not the best for me cus i have nothing to show for it [staying in SOUTTH AFRICA for two years, is bleeped up ] hope you guys understand me better now.

who do you want to show to?
in fact I think by going home you'll make up for the lost years by working harder!
or you might even start exporting foodstuff/goods to Nigerians living in in south Africa

e go better e go better na so another two years go take go
Re: Out Of South Africa. by VOR(m): 1:11am On Jan 29, 2008
@Goodguy

You may wish to consider this story. It is one I have personal knowledge of so rest assured it is true.

A Nigerian guy like you had lived illegally in South Africa for several years.
He obtained a fake Lesotho passport and decided to head for the UK.
You may know that Lesotho nationals do not require visas to enter the UK.
Unfortunately for him on arrival in the UK he was detected at the airport with the fake passport.
He claimed asylum when he was caught but was prosecuted for travelling with a
false instrument. He is currently serving 6 months in one of her Majesty's jails.

Once he finishes his jail sentence his asylum claim will be heard, but in all probability
it will be refused and after that he will be on the next plane back to Naija.

Chew on this for a while and consider whether you still think the risk is worth it.
Re: Out Of South Africa. by goodguy100(m): 7:45am On Jan 29, 2008
Dantecmu:

@poster
if u can't make it in SA what makes you thk you can in europe. Dem no dey pick money for ground o there has to be a transfer of goods or service before u get 1pound or 1 euro.i have being to SA and europe and i can confidently tell you theres no much diffrence so just chill at least bad as e bad you get accomodation for SA. Dont come back to naija either cus psychologically u can't handle it. Stay in SA and make sure u don't make same mistakes you made for the past 2 years hussle and save even if na 10 rand a week save it.

O boy, if you have been to SA as you said, you will know that there is a lot of diffrence been here and europe, l have south africans friends that travel to europe and there are not ready to come back home cus of crimes and standard of liveing angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Out Of South Africa. by omoge(f): 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2008
do you have to show someone you've lived outside nigeria? that's a serious issue then.
Please don't let anyone dictate your life for you. you are better off living in nigeria than as an illegal in a foreign country.

goodguy100:

Re: Out Of South Africa. by onatisi(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2008
now listen guys what we are dicussiiong here is very important and it will change the orientation of the wise who is deep ready to take risk all in the name of travelling, i just finished wasting almost 3hunded k all in the name of travelling , now i look back and see all the things i could have done with the money , and i regret it , people were still pushing me to contniue i siad no way ,. the funniest thing is that the people that promise u this travellingvisa never travel themselves , i nw start thinking if mkaing there was simple why didnt they do it .
a friend of mine just finished wasting close to 700k all in the name of traveeeeeelling now he is an house painter i now look and see that he has has wasted valuable resources ,
apart from the money what abut the time usually wasted , wasting 5 to 10 years all in the name of visa ,via , visa . i think we the nigerian youth really need to sit down and thik i told someone some few minutes ago that he should start looking at the oppourtunities that abound here not the negative ones . i have a lot to talk abooout time will not permit me to say much now but for our fr iend in sa this is my advice to him we are not there with him if he sees that there is no hope in sight it is better to be a fool for 3years and become the wise one later than to be a fool for 10 years . if there is no hope is sa for u pls COME BACK TO NIJA

1 Like

Re: Out Of South Africa. by goodguy100(m): 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2008
Bros, to be frank i really don't want to come back, cus before i travel to S.A i am a very big boy , my biz is going fine and i have two nice cars that i sold out, now comeing back, people will think that i am bleeped up. l am thinking of traveling to singapore from here. l was told that i will not need a visa to singapore and there is a lots of jobs over there. Guys what do you think about it.
Re: Out Of South Africa. by krisbobo(m): 10:05pm On Feb 02, 2008
@Poster

Really, This seems tome to be a waste of valuable time. If the reason you cant come back to naija is because you had a nice biz and two cars and you were a 'big boy' (whatever that means!), then you really should do eve3rything to go to that singapore or whereever cos naija doesnt need the likes of you! You mentality, in this case,s all warped. You want to go to Singapore because there are jobs there? psssst! By all means go! go and work like boy boy and life like as subhuman. I am tired of peeps like you who believe that a mere change of location will bring about a change of fortunes!

Ride a camel, swim through the ocean; do whatever and gpo to this your singapore or wherever, you will have something to show for all your foolishness someday!!
Re: Out Of South Africa. by onatisi(m): 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2008
kaput kris bobo , thanks for ur answer to this man , nothing more to add and nothing to deduct , i wastrying to tell him nicely the reality of things but it seems nigerians d ont get their bra ins right until they are messed up , i dont think anyone should write this guy again , seun i beg close this guy up . thanks krisbobo for being frank and honest
Re: Out Of South Africa. by kainos76(m): 11:08pm On Feb 10, 2008
Bros he that has an ear let him hear, people in this room have spoken with wisdom if SA no pay u close eye go back naija shame no dey this one o! You r responsible for your destiny u shouldn't live your life based on people's opinions. I know its not easy going back to Nigeria after 2 years in SA, but the truth is if you feel you are not making headway in SA go back home don't continue to waste your time in SA. Life is too short to be lived casually, asper your proposed trip to Korea or Japan, my guy forget it. Instead use that money to set up a small business in SA or Nigeria. Redeem the time friend the days are evil!
Re: Out Of South Africa. by goodguy100(m): 11:03am On Feb 18, 2008
Bros, thanks all for your wonderful replies. will be back soon, Life goes on and on. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Out Of South Africa. by cutieme(m): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
goodguy where are u now na
Re: Out Of South Africa. by femiaction(m): 12:56am On Feb 17, 2017
goodguy100:
Can someone please tell me what to do, l have been in South Africa for the past two years now, life here is hardcore l am haveing plans of traveling to europe from here but it is not all that easy here, my friend from lesotho promise me there passport that l can use in traveling to Japan or south korea it is a visa free traveling with lesotho passport must i take the risk, you people know that life is all about trying. angry angry angry
Hello bros, what is status in SA? if you are on asylum please go back home. You don't need to get Lesotho passport. All is lies you will just waste your time and money. You don't need anyone to advise you, because you are the only one who understand your situation now. I came to SA in 2015 on critical skill work permit and in 2016 I got PR. Bros na God o not by my power. What I have been looking for 7years God gave me with one year in SA. God really bless me in SA. I am on transit in SA. To others SA is not the best place for hustlers. Please don't come to SA on visitor's visa because there is not room to change your status here in SA. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Out Of South Africa. by cutieme(m): 8:16am On Feb 17, 2017
@femiaction,what qualifies one for that critical visa?I mean can someone having a degree in chemistry apply for it?Thanks.
Re: Out Of South Africa. by Torontoparrot(m): 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
femiaction:
Hello bros, what is status in SA? if you are on asylum please go back home. You don't need to get Lesotho passport. All is lies you will just waste your time and money. You don't need anyone to advise you, because you are the only one who understand your situation now. I came to SA in 2015 on [b]critical skill work permit [/b]and in 2016 I got PR. Bros na God o not by my power. What I have been looking for 7years God gave me with one year in SA. God really bless me in SA. I am on transit in SA. To others SA is not the best place for hustlers. Please don't come to SA on visitor's visa because there is not room to change your status here in SA. Thanks
pls shed light on the bolded critical work permit
Re: Out Of South Africa. by femiaction(m): 4:08am On Mar 22, 2017
cutieme:
@femiaction,what qualifies one for that critical visa?I mean can someone having a degree in chemistry apply for it?Thanks.
Yes you are qualify for critical skills work permit. You have to evaluate your qualifications with SAQA then you will register with professional body in your discipline in SA
Re: Out Of South Africa. by femiaction(m): 4:09am On Mar 22, 2017
cutieme:
Yes you are qualify for critical skills work permit. You have to evaluate your qualifications with SAQA then you will register with professional body in your discipline SA
Re: Out Of South Africa. by femiaction(m): 4:13am On Mar 22, 2017
Torontoparrot:
pls shed light on the bolded critical work permit
Hello, you must have first degree in engineering, sciences, medical, health and safety you must have experience too. Even bankers and other financial courses can apply but you must register with professional body. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

When You Go Clubbing: What Puts You Off? / 11 Most Introverted Countries In The World / Emergency Appointment Not Replied To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.