Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:08 AM

NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT - NYSC (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT (49685 Views)

ESUT NYSC 2013 Batch B Mobilization List Is Out / Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? / NYSC Rejects Three Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Sleek05(f): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Sis.. I am not a grammarian cheesy cheesy. All I did when I first read your post was highlight that 'connotation'. I never claim I know better. In fact, reading through Your first post, you came across like an arrogant individual, making reference to private universities and all what not.

'Cue' is the way to correct an individual, hence you come across as 'hurting'. Maybe that should explain why I did not bother 'constructing' Your sentence in the first stance. Like I said, I am not a Grammarian maybe Akoko grammatical cheesy cheesy wink #Sis_I_luvff _U_no_more

I referred 2 prvt unis cuz dia v been several threads bashin dem 4 issuin certs 2 undeservin students. Dose dat cudnt pass ume and all dat. My point z dere r worse graduates from state/ fed unis! So I'm wonderin wats arrogant abt dat. Ddnt claim 2 attend one so Den I asked u 2 correct d statement, if u had done wat afam did, u wuda gotn nuthn less than a 'thank u' frm me, wen u finally responded, u sed 'anytym' shd be replaced wit 'when' which absolutely made no sense. So obvious u had no clue. As regards, hurtin and all dat, I have no response cuz I'm wonderin wat dat has got 2do wit d whole grammar ish. Wev derailed enough, I'm out!

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
I was planning to get a direct entry to ESUT to study medicine. Should I re-think? I choose the school because I'm from Enugu, and state of origin counts in this situation.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by sosplendid: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
To me,This is not a news ,they re just been unlucky.we ve had about the toronto certificate and its likes in the past,this is exactly what you will keep getting in a country which corruption has eaten deep into.may God save us.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by swissland: 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
Am nt so suprised,there r a lot of them everywhere nd these r d ones dat wil come out wit 2.1 nd 2.2 certificate.ESUT guess u r trouble nw cos u'll hv to answer for dis.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
dorothy111: I was planning to get a direct entry to ESUT to study medicine. Should I re-think? I choose the school because I'm from Enugu, and state of origin counts in this situation.
This news is not an indictment on the school but on the students and the Nigerian educational student. So, wherever you go, you'll meet people like them.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by harlos: 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
Haaaaa! Oma se o!
E be lyk say dey don forget hw dey did thier exam parol before they reach that stage...but now devil don catch thier god...
Gbagaun!!! Akara tu sepo.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by polokor60(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
dorothy111: I was planning to get a direct entry to ESUT to study medicine. Should I re-think? I choose the school because I'm from Enugu, and state of origin counts in this situation.
you have nothing to worry about.we have the good,the bad,the ugly and even the best in any organisation or institution around the globe.i do believe esut had also produced outstanding and efficient graduates who have excelled in their various fields of endeavour.cheer up future docky but you must study very hard because m.b.b.s is not yam and beans. undecided
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
anyone who is yet to meet these unqualified graduates wud be thinking the report was being exaggerated.........i witnessed one wen i served in kano. The painful part was dat this guy was a yoruba...he really fall my hand seriously. He cant even solve primary one maths,quantitative,verbal or english.......gawd,his command of english was terrible to say d least.He was always mute wen we are all talking inside the corpers' lodge......he only talks wen we yoruba guys dey talk.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Timbi: 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
I hab neba saw anysin like zis po my life.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by daptop(m): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
datola:
Wat is the misfortune dere in been a platoon leader..guess ure one of dem.....check urself
Are you not a "Nigerian graduate"?
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by ifeegee(f): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
I begi,na today?they are all over the place, n/land inclusive with their arcquired asambodos.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
Timbi: I hab neba saw anysin like zis po my life.

lwkmd. Omo you funny no be small.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Sanitty(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
Go to NYSC facebook page and hear "graduates" murdering grammar... :oGo to NYSC facebook page and hear "graduates" murdering grammar...
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Chuksaluta(m): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
Richfella:

Laugh wan tear my belle o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Dangote...are you sure some people are qualified to drive your trucks grin cheesy.

Lwkmd... Na 2go cause am
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by efepens: 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
I know at least two ladies from same institution that cant write properly, they sure pay to buy their degrees. Too bad. cry kiss
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
maclatunji: I wonder why people feign shock about these things. I once met a graduate of Economics Education who couldn't define Economics. Until we appreciate knowledge and ability for what they are and not paper certificates, we will continue to go round in circles and never make substantial progress in terms of economic growth and development.
, its quite dismay and quite unfortunate, but u've said it all, until we value qualitative in terms of what each and individual pple cud do rather than qualitative in certificate, i believe if u chk dir grade, it wil either 2.2 or 2.1. May God help us
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by abbeyty(m): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
sandilo: Those who are saying we should ecuse [/b]bad english because it is not our mother tongue are only[b] exhibing d kind of ignorance that is making Nigeria a laughing stock around the world. If this rot is not taken care of now (better late than never) a time will come when one of these kind of low baked people will either become governor, senate president or even President of Nigeria!
English is our official language and the most widely spoken language in the world. It is important to speak good english whether your are a doctor, engineer or teacher!

please correct yourself before i flog you.....
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by kemoolala: 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
Richfella:

Laugh wan tear my belle o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Dangote...are you sure some people are qualified to drive your trucks grin cheesy.

NA YANSH I DEY TAKE LAUGH HERE OOOOOOOOOO
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by OkaiCorne(m): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
the system is not helping at all, most Nigerian student spend more time at home than in school bec of cont strike:-/
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sleek05:

Yeah whenever sounds a lot better. Thnx afam. @omotier, wen next u wanna act lyk a grammarian, pls have an option. Don't correct and den go searchin d dictionary cuz u ddnt know better anyway!
The prob I notice here is the use of simple;present,past tense and past participle
Using 'spoke' as past tense is correct but also wrong cuz she use it @ d wrong time
"Anytime we had conversation"note conversation is 'informal OR anytime we're speaking(past participle) and speaking here is an adjective...thanks
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Iranoladun(f): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
@ Topic

This is a general problem! I believe this is one of the reasons that employers of labour in Nigeria keep saying that Nigeria Graduates are unemployable!

I recall an encounter with a graduate of Electrical Engineering of the same ESUT in 2001 during an interview for the position of BTS Trainee Engineer. We asked him to draw a simple/basic electrical circuit diagram, he was unable to do that within the time alloted (30 minutes), we were all shocked shocked To confirm if he was any good; he was asked What is Physics? and the guy just rambled and eventually confessed that he had no idea shocked
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Princessaleeza: 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
Emychina: gbagaun.look at u,jst listen to urslf.i broken down in tearses.illiterate.
his just teasing.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Chizua(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
This is quite difficult to comprehend; …an orchestrated effort to bring to disrepute my great alma mater. Great ESUT!!! Why is it that only ESUT is singled out in this sampling? I need an answer.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by BrutusOj(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
ACM10: I'm lost here! On what criteria did they declare that those graduates have

cos I've seen worse products from other institutions in Nigeria and other parts of the country. The corpers who were drafted to teach us when I was in secondary school were utter embarrassment. I could not believe that they passed through secondary school. Really, I smell politics here.
pls,leave sentiment.Even my illiterate grand mother in the village knows the two major rivers in Nigeria.Imagine a graduate of Geography/Meteorology couldn't name the two major rivers in Nigeria.Haba.....
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Dygeasy(m): 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:
this is outrageous
and funny!
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Myself2(m): 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow : IN CAMP, I had the misfortune of being Platoon Leader and MY GAWD!!!! NIGERIAN Graduates are pretty dumb..

There was one that couldnt even spell out 'NYSC'.. One couldnt wirte a formal letter.. One couldnt speak proper english..

Kettle calling the pot black
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Clemzy16(m): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
OMG! LWKMD.. I'm just weeping for my dear country.. Our Educational standard has fallen so badly. If you watched "Who wants to be a Millionaire" yesterday You'll agree with me that some set of people in this country have majority of dunch.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by flairlady(f): 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
the state code numbers of chukwuebuka and akunna indicate that they are 2011 batch B corp members,why are they still serving?their service was extended or what?i feel very sorry for them sha.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Cleverley(m): 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
olakmarshall: tearses? God save this country.
i can't just stop laughing. . .Lol.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by controlseven: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Reasons? "Special centres" @ SSCE/GCE exams, "Sorting & impersonation" @ university level, "Catchment centres" policies of JAMB, "Educationally less advantaged states" principle of NUC, "Federal character principle" and above all CORRUPTION!
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Princessaleeza: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
paris10:

Keyboard malfunction!
is grammer a keyboard malfunction 2. Anyway is just 2 tell u nobody is perfect.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Heymus(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
maclatunji: I wonder why people feign shock about these things. I once met a graduate of Economics Education who couldn't define Economics. Until we appreciate knowledge and ability for what they are and not paper certificates, we will continue to go round in circles and never make substantial progress in terms of economic growth and development.
Good! This is what i've been advocating on this forum, paper certificates are nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Ebe Corper, Francisca Okonkwo Dies In Accident In Enugu (Photos) / NYSC Confirms Death Of Corps Member In Osun Orientation Camp / Bride Abandons Wedding For NYSC Head Count Yesterday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.