Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,007 members, 7,880,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:15 PM

yhtread closed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / yhtread closed (2995 Views)

Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Man Arrested For Abducting, Impregnating House Help / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

yhtread closed by stave9ja(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
Dear all,

due to my wives business and my work, i would require the services of a young house girl.
all she will do is assist in house cleaning and assist in the shop.
she will never be involved with my children or cooking.
we are also ready to pay for her education if she is interested.
i really would not want very grown ups who already have formed very bad habits
you can reach me on yyyyyyy

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY CLUE OR NO GOOD ADVICE.....SIMPLY LEAVE THE PAGE
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
stave9ja: Dear all,

due to my wives business and my work, i would require the services of a young house girl.
[b[b]]i really would not want very grown ups w[[/b]/b]ho already have formed very bad habits
you can reach me on 08022161096

Please do not be a child abuser, Hire a professional maid, give them working hours and a fair wage, you will enjoy your maid and your family life, if you want a teenager then be ready for teenage tantrums. Besides there are laws against this practice. Hire a professional Please
Re: yhtread closed by nicky4lif(f): 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
I actually know a good girl but the problem is that I don't know u.she is staying with someone at the moment nd they really wld not want to let go of her but the problem is that,they don't want to send her to school.she is 15 nd all her wish is to go to school but they don't want to send her to school.
Re: yhtread closed by stave9ja(m): 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
@nicky4lif

thanks for the reply
the last girl we had, we employed a teacher for her, same teacher for her and my kids
lets talk on-line

@debrief08
i have many friends with professionals who complain that these girls are very insolent, and the rate they charge is killing
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
stave9ja: @nicky4lif

thanks for the reply
the last girl we had, we employed a teacher for her, same teacher for her and my kids
lets talk on-line

@debrief08
i have many friends with professionals who complain that these girls are very insolent, and the rate they charge is killing
Like i said proper defined job description not 24/7 maid/slave. Employing a 15 year old is outrightly wrong. Pay good money and get goosd services, pay for cheap labor and get trash. Would you happily work for a lowly paying employer? One who expects you at his beck and call 24/7, haba Nigerians, we are quick to blame Government yet we do this kind of things fear God, what you wouldnt wish for your child dont do to another child
Re: yhtread closed by stave9ja(m): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
debrief08:
Like i said proper defined job description not 24/7 maid/slave. Employing a 15 year old is outrightly wrong. Pay good money and get goosd services, pay for cheap labor and get trash. Would you happily work for a lowly paying employer? One who expects you at his beck and call 24/7, haba Nigerians, we are quick to blame Government yet we do this kind of things fear God, what you wouldnt wish for your child dont do to another child

The last girl we had, we spent more than 30k on her clothing, we employed lesson teacher for her @ almost 5k a month and we were still paying those that brought her...........she cried her eyes out when they came to pick her. she had grown fat and speaks better english but i think it was time to get her a husband in the village ..........
i have employed professionals but i was never satisfied, i prefer some-one who i can school, train at the same time whose little services will go a long way in relieving my wife.
the last time my wife went to the market, they were asking for her first born "the house girl" because she was treated as such.
a live in house girl is more expensive but more reliable, the so called professionals are your average Nigerian employees bringing thieves and boy friends to the house, your DVD and money dis-appearing........
the big corporate cleaning services does not fit into my need.
Re: yhtread closed by ifyalways(f): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
@OP, how are professionals "insolete" ? I can guess! They cannot be abused physically and emotionally. They won't be there to be reminded that the air they breathe, food they and their family eat is from the employer and the day s/he leaves, she and her family would cease to exist.
If you, your wife and any other randy relative or friend tries to or touches them sexually, you'll pay dearly for it, in or out of court.

Be honest, would you give anyone else your child?if you wanna donate to charity or foster a child lots of home out there to help.
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2012
stave9ja:

The last girl we had, we spent more than 30k on her clothing, we employed lesson teacher for her @ almost 5k a month and we were still paying those that brought her...........she cried her eyes out when they came to pick her. she had grown fat and speaks better english but i think it was time to get her a husband in the village ..........
i have employed professionals but i was never satisfied, i prefer some-one who i can school, train at the same time whose little services will go a long way in relieving my wife.
the last time my wife went to the market, they were asking for her first born "the house girl" because she was treated as such.
a live in house girl is more expensive but more reliable, the so called professionals are your average Nigerian employees bringing thieves and boy friends to the house, your DVD and money dis-appearing........
the big corporate cleaning services does not fit into my need.
This makes me sick to my stomach. Do you go to church? 5k you are here shouting, Child abusers defending slavery, she grew fat, Oh Lord, exactly what slave master said. In your mind you are helping her while making her a 24 hour round the clock slave. I am sick.
Re: yhtread closed by stave9ja(m): 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
hello wake up

if i spent 4k on my kid per month, who sweeps and mops and do errands at 3 to 4yrs
and i spent 5k per month on another girl who i am not her father and would never benefit from her education DOES DAT MAKE YOU A SLAVE DRIVER

please wake up and stop generalising.

Are you that dogmatic..... a one opinion individual..... one way traffic

gosh!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2012
stave9ja: hello wake up

if i spent 4k on my kid per month, who sweeps and mops and do errands at 3 to 4yrs
and i spent 5k per month on another girl who i am not her father and would never benefit from her education DOES DAT MAKE YOU A SLAVE DRIVER

please wake up and stop generalising.

Are you that dogmatic..... a one opinion individual..... one way traffic

gosh!!!!!!
Answer this simple question: would you send your child at 15 years to work for 5k? If you want to "help" why not just sponsor the child and pay her fees? WHy must she serve you in return, Would you send your cchild to serve in another house?
Like I said, I pay fees for loads of children who will never know who I am, I am not rich, just a Christain doing what Christ directed, hire a real maid, if you want to help help, but stop justifying this evil
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
u spent 30k on clothes - and ur boasting about it - chei this my daughter is enjoying o! her christmas presents alone are over 30k and someone is making noise about clothing a child u claim to be helping
Re: yhtread closed by stave9ja(m): 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
Feeding per month = 6k minimum
clothing per month = 2k
Main Lessons = 5k
home lessons = 5k
money to her people = 6k

tell me which is more expensive........proffesional nonsense cleaner 15k and can disappoint and honestly u dont wanna know how much you lost

Oh i cant tell you hw many Jamb forms, GCE forms, Acceptance fees, feeding money you have to pay to many teenagers in the church, help is not only to mothers babies, there are many around you who will give a arm to come stay with you and earn an education. As in work to get an education.

if you see a boy working under the bridge to earn a living and you take him home, give him a roof, a life and education HAVE YOU DONE AN EVIL THING!!!!

If a girl who could have ended up in a molesters house ended up in your house with a better life HAVE YOU DONE AN EVIL THING

some of our parents came to lagos via house help and get educated thus we the kids have access to better life or else would have been born in the village.

this will be my last post on this issue and i prefer an OBJECTIVE CRITISM and not just critism just for the sake of critism.

Thanks
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
feeding 6k - CHALAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how does someone get fat on 6k
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sir, you have not answered my question. With all the wonderful "benefits' of being a bhousehelp you mentioned, is that something you would want for your own child?
Re: yhtread closed by stave9ja(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
do i pray that my child should beg for money to get admission....NO!!!! do i give money to students who beg YES!!!! does that mean my child will beg NO!!!!!

Do i use the services of a driver who earn 50k per month....YES!!! does that mean i want my child to become a driver...NO!!!!!

Do i use the services of police men paid 25k a month....YES!!!! does that mean i want my child to become a police man NO!!!!!

i wash my car in a car wash owned by secondary school boys....WHY.... i prefer it because they are working out their education..... they are not suppose to be working but as they already are working my duty is to assist in all ways i can

i dont sit on a high fence and say ITS IS EVIL.

@cotton101
i used that figure so as to under play it to what a small earner can pay if he had good intentions
honestly quantify a heavy eater who eats first rounds and second rounds, who my wife insisted she most take a combination of egg/beef/fish just as my little daughter. i don't know how much that comes to

2 Likes

Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
The difference between your driver, cleaner etc you mentioned is that they are adults and can make informed decisions about what they want. The girl cannot make her choice at 13-15 to be a househelp and be traded like a commodity with some slave traders receiving monthly payment for her services.
If you want to help help stop making her work for your "help" until she is legally old enough to decide to work, and can professionally and leaglly draw up terms of agreement.
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
stave - no offense but employing a child as a maid under the curtain of helping doesn't fly to many of us who are mothers - I work full time and have a small biz on the side its hard and would like help but I do it with no help, (i'm not saying those with help are lazy) - if you truly want to help a girl from a poor family pay her school fees and employ an adult - u do know that if Nigeria enforced the child labour laws you wouldn't think of doing it.

If its too much maybe one person thinks of reducing their working hours
Re: yhtread closed by nicky4lif(f): 1:01am On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08:
. Well I'm not related to her in any way.even if she remains where she is,she will still not go the school.she is just a very fine nd smart girl that really wishes to go to school.she is not even nigerian nd people that bring them to nigeria use them to make money.if I hav my way I wld have sent her to school but I need to stand well first b4 lookin for someone to help.she doesn't even know I'm looking for a place for her.is a risk I'm taking just because I want to help.so which is better,leave her there nd she will never hav the chance to go to school nd when its time for her to get married,the will take her bk to her village? or take her to someone who can send her to school?even the money they make,they don't give anytin to these children's parents, they just buy bread for them during xmas because to them they are doing them a big favour by taking them to nigeria which is like their america.
Re: yhtread closed by melomelo: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2012
For Christ sake, you guys should allow this man get his House-Help-Girl, another easy way to get a second secret-teenager-lover. He really understands exactly what he is looking for by insisting and strongly demanding for a pretty-virgin-teenager-girl of 15 that will remain under his roof 24/7. Used and Dump. He must have enjoyed this practice from his former maid. Remember, your own children are growing, you can not escape God judgement. Repent NOW!!!
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2012
Just for the record . . . . NOT everybody abuse their under-aged househelps. I mean let's face reality. Some of these kids are better off with someone else than at home . . . FACT!

Any woman with a conscience will not take advantage of a little girl just because she's her househelp. I grew up with the mentality that HHs were our brothers and sister.

My sister's HH came to live with her when she was 9years old. I remeber my sister washing the girl's clothes (manually o) along with her babies' because the little girl couldn't wash her clothes clean enough. The girl is almost 16 now and refuses to go home to visit her parents. She goes to a very expensive private school in lagos and honestly, you can't tell her apart from my sisters children (except that she's much older)! She goes on family vacs abroad with them and uses a BB bold!

Honestly, if that girl was at home, she'll be hawking pure water/oranges by now.

Can my sister help her without taking her to live with her. Yes of course, she does that for a whole lot of other kids. But she chose to live with this girl and raise her as her own. I'm seriously against child labour but I can't fault this!

1 Like

Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: The difference between your driver, cleaner etc you mentioned is that they are adults and can make informed decisions about what they want. The girl cannot make her choice at 13-15 to be a househelp and be traded like a commodity with some slave traders receiving monthly payment for her services.
If you want to help help stop making her work for your "help" until she is legally old enough to decide to work, and can professionally and leaglly draw up terms of agreement.

Can I know what your problem is EXACTLY with this issues . . .

1. Is that the girl is being made to work? (I doubt she's made to carry block and sand . . . it's still the same old house chores she would be doing if she were back home. Except now she'll be using fancy gadgets to do the work like WM, blenders, DW e.t.c, probably sleep in her own room, go to a decent school and be assured of 3 square meals daily)

2. Is it that she's under-aged to make the decision herself? (Aren't parents supposed to make decisions for the good of their children? If I can't provide the basic neccesities for my child and someone else can, I think It'll be to the child's own interst if I sent h/her to live with that person. . considering it's eventually for h/her own good. My boss will tell you that if he didn't go off as someone else's HH, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to finish his education, much less get a job).

3. No professional terms of agreement have been drawn up? (Seriously . . . )

1 Like

Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2012
cotton101: stave - no offense but employing a child as a maid under the curtain of helping doesn't fly to many of us who are mothers - I work full time and have a small biz on the side its hard and would like help but I do it with no help, (i'm not saying those with help are lazy) - if you truly want to help a girl from a poor family pay her school fees and employ an adult - u do know that if Nigeria enforced the child labour laws you wouldn't think of doing it.

If its too much maybe one person thinks of reducing their working hours

You don't want a HH, good for you . . . But this poster does!

1 Like

Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 16, 2012
ifyalways: @OP, how are professionals "insolete" ? I can guess! They cannot be abused physically and emotionally. They won't be there to be reminded that the air they breathe, food they and their family eat is from the employer and the day s/he leaves, she and her family would cease to exist.
If you, your wife and any other randy relative or friend tries to or touches them sexually, you'll pay dearly for it, in or out of court.

Be honest, would you give anyone else your child? if you wanna donate to charity or foster a child lots of home out there to help.

YES!

If (God forbid) I find myself unable to provide for my child and there's someone who's willing to do so in excange for taking h/her as a HH, I won't even hesitate to do that!

You know, I think people who object to sending their kids off as HHs either . .

1. Had a bad experience themselves or have witnessed someone who had a bad experience . .
OR
2. Doesn't treat h/her HH right.
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2012
PS: Child labour laws are ONLY against conditions which prevent the child from getting proper education . . OR the fundamental human rights of the child is being abused!
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
Defend it, explain it , excuse it as much as you wat to, I assure you slave traders and owners said the same thing. It is wrong, a child under 16 cannot give her consent to work, she cannot negotiate for service terms, she cannot negotiate legally for her pay.
Help as has been over used here is defined as rendering assistance without expecting anything back, so please stop abusing the word "help", you want a maid hire a professional and stop abusing disadvantaged children, say all you want that is the truth.
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Defend it, explain it , excuse it as much as you wat to, I assure you slave traders and owners said the same thing. It is wrong, a child under 16 cannot give her consent to work, she cannot negotiate for service terms, she cannot negotiate legally for her pay.

In the US, children legally work as paid babysitters from the age of 12. I've also lived in a farming community and the children start working on the farms in their early teens too.
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Defend it, explain it , excuse it as much as you wat to, I assure you slave traders and owners said the same thing. It is wrong, a child under 16 cannot give her consent to work, she cannot negotiate for service terms, she cannot negotiate legally for her pay.
Help as has been over used here is defined as rendering assistance without expecting anything back, so please stop abusing the word "help", you want a maid hire a professional and stop abusing disadvantaged children, say all you want that is the truth.

I'm not 'defending' it, if you weren't so bent on accusing him of child labour, you'll understand what he's trying to say. He's not answerable to me or you or anybody on this forum. Even child labour laws can't fault him if he provides education and basic needs for the child!

The word 'slave trade' is relative . . .

Some people are of the school of thought that American Visa Lottery is modern day slave trade. But is it changing the lives of Nigerians and saving people from poverty? Yes!

Nobody's using the word 'help' . . . He's not obliged to 'help' anybody out of poverty. If he wants to take a HH in return for paying the persons sch fees, that is NOT help! That's quid pro quo . . .

1 Like

Re: yhtread closed by melomelo: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
stave9ja: Dear all,

i really would not want very grown ups who already have formed very bad habits
you can reach me on 08022161096

Go and Kidnap a girl to suit your demand. We know people like you in town, OLE!, ASEWO! OLOJUKOKORO, ALAINITELORUN,OMOALE ALAILOOTO-EDA. I am very sure that if at all that you are married, you are no longer with your families by now because of women-issues. You are looking for House-Troubles not a House-Help. Hands down- I say “Repent NOW!!! OK?”
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ilebato, please do Baby sitters work and sleep in the houses of the people who they work with or do they have defined work hours?
The Children on the farm are they children from the house hold or are they brought by an "agent". The 2 scenerios are in no way comparable to the rot and gross abuse we carry out in Nigeria.
A child wakes up at 5, sweeps, takes care of baby, makes breakfast, walks to a 500 Naira school with no text books, comes home, makes lunch, takes care of the kids, washed clothes, plates, makes dinner, serves oga and madam, can only go to bed when oga and madam and the kids have retired, yet she is not paid, her meals, cheap education, second hand clothes andgent fees are considered payment while the child abroad babysit for 3 hours and is paid by the hour. Oh please
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Ilebato, please do Baby sitters work and sleep in the houses of the people who they work with or do they have defined work hours?
The Children on the farm are they children from the house hold or are they brought by an "agent". The 2 scenerios are in no way comparable to the rot and gross abuse we carry out in Nigeria.
A child wakes up at 5, sweeps, takes care of baby, makes breakfast, walks to a 500 Naira school with no text books, comes home, makes lunch, takes care of the kids, washed clothes, plates, makes dinner, serves oga and madam, can only go to bed when oga and madam and the kids have retired, yet she is not paid, her meals, cheap education, second hand clothes andgent fees are considered payment while the child abroad babysit for 3 hours and is paid by the hour. Oh please

Iya ewo mi, you are still not answring my question. Are you against the idea completely or is it the abuse that concerns you

If your concern is the abuse then isn't it wrong for you to judge him since you can't tell if he'll abuse the HH?
Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Ilebato, please do Baby sitters work and sleep in the houses of the people who they work with or do they have defined work hours?

I was only addressing the statement you made earlier that 'a child under 16 can't give consent to work....'

As to what you just posted which is separate from that claim. I agree with you. In the US, there are all kinds of laws protecting the children that work, all types of limits in terms of hours allowed, all manners of protection from abuse. So I would slightly differ from your position that a child under 16 should never under any circumstances be hired as a housemaid. If there is better protection of their work rights and their rights to education or if a humane individual takes it upon themselves to protect those rights as best as they can then I don't fault them. I would probably never do it myself but I won't fault every single person that does. I of course have a serious problem with people abusing their helps and I have a major problem with their money being paid to their 'uncles' and co because that's where it devolves into slave trade as far as I'm concerned.

1 Like

Re: yhtread closed by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
ileobatojo:

I was only addressing the statement you made earlier that 'a child under 16 can't give consent to work....'

As to what you just posted which is separate from that claim. I agree with you. In the US, there are all kinds of laws protecting the children that work, all types of limits in terms of hours allowed, all manners of protection from abuse. So I would slightly differ from your position that a child under 16 should never under any circumstances be hired as a housemaid. If there is better protection of their work rights and their rights to education or if a humane individual takes it upon themselves to protect those rights as best as they can then I don't fault them. I would probably never do it myself but I won't fault every single person that does. I of course have a serious problem with people abusing their helps and I have a major problem with their money being paid to their 'uncles' and co because that's where it devolves into slave trade as far as I'm concerned.

Very objective comment!

And just for the record, I can't live with a child under 16 in the name of HH, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. I can't do it because I beleive the younger they are, the bigger the reponsibilities!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imagine These Was Your Grandpa's Words Before He Gave Up[lol] / Inverter Plus Battery At 60k Give Away! / EXPOSED: My Sister's Husband Asked Me To Suck His P*nis While His Wife Was Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.