Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

Will There Be Free will In Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will There Be Free will In Heaven? (1445 Views)

How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins / Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Elections Will Be Free And Fair – Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^Yes, that is why i believe we will have freewill in heaven and also ability not to sin at the same time.

That would be difficult don't you think? Free will and the ability not to sin @ the same time? It would be a one-sided game because free will is an ability to choose whether to serve sin or righteousness! So, wahala go dey, unless we are programmed like robots (with the word of God written in our minds - Jeremiah 31:33)~!

I'll go with Obadiah777 on this one.

Thanks anyways.
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by pastormustwacc: 5:42am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^Afteral the bible made us to understand indirectly that angels have their freewills too. And yet made us to understand that while some angels remain holy, some seem to have fallen.
The fallen angels once fed on the light from the Father, before they turned away. The way i see it, is that we will become like Jesus in a way after He has been glorified by the Father.
Do not bother to try to comprehend it, i did not understand this freewill in heaven myself too earlier, because it seems to be difficult for man who already have a sinful nature to comprehend.
Ask the holy spirit to explain it to you.

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^^Afteral the bible made us to understand indirectly that angels have their freewills too. And yet made us to understand that while some angels remain holy, some seem to have fallen.
The fallen angels once fed on the light from the Father, before they turned away. The way i see it, is that we will become like Jesus in a way after He has been glorified by the Father.
Do not bother to try to comprehend it, i did not understand this freewill in heaven myself too earlier, because it seems to be difficult for man who already have a sinful nature to comprehend.
Ask the holy spirit to explain it to you.

Thank you brah! God bless
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Bump
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
TIS GOOD THAT YOU BUMPED THIS THREAD. NO THERE WILL NOT BE FREEWILL IN HEAVEN AMONGST THE ISRAELITES AND THE FEW GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED. BUT THERE WILL BE FREEWILL FOR THE REST AND THESE REST WILL BE RULED WITH A ROD OF IRON IN THEIR SECOND DEATH. <<<< HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
First, what is freewill? The ability to chose, most especially, between right and wrong.
What then is the essence of freewill, in a place where their is no imperfection?
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by pastormustwacc: 12:28am On Nov 17, 2012
Reyginus: First, what is freewill? The ability to chose, most especially, between right and wrong.
What then is the essence of freewill, in a place where their is no imperfection?
Or rather in a place where imperfection is the norm!
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Or rather in a place where imperfection is the norm!
Good for you
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by trolling(m): 12:48am On Nov 18, 2012
there's freewill to do good or evil,if they choose freewill to do evil during the millenial kingdom on earth then they'll be slain,mind u His will or laws will be executed on earth, i dont know what u guys wanna do in heaven, well thats christian doctrine
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by pastormustwacc: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2012
Reyginus: Good for you
Aye, was only trying to help.
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by mekaboy(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2012
Satan was in heaven and he had free will and exercised it negatively, Heaven is for people that love GOD purely and your freewill will be to worship him.

Remember most of the reasons our free will leads to sin is because we are in the flesh, in the spirit there will be less temptation to sin, so if you love GOD with all your heart, your freewill will be to worship in his presence.

As for obadiah77 what do you have to say about Elijah the prophet who was taken up by the chariot to heaven?

if you say heaven is leadership, how do you explain this saying? "as the heavens are far from the earth so are my ways from yours".

Which earth will be inherited? the one that will be destroyed with fire?

we all know that we will not reign with Christ with this flesh we have one, it will be the everlasting body that lasts forever.
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
mekaboy: Satan was in heaven and he had free will and exercised it negatively, Heaven is for people that love GOD purely and your freewill will be to worship him.

Remember most of the reasons our free will leads to sin is because we are in the flesh, in the spirit there will be less temptation to sin, so if you love GOD with all your heart, your freewill will be to worship in his presence.

As for obadiah77 what do you have to say about Elijah the prophet who was taken up by the chariot to heaven?

if you say heaven is leadership, how do you explain this saying? "as the heavens are far from the earth so are my ways from yours".

we all know that we will not reign with Christ with this flesh we have one, it will be the everlasting body that lasts forever.
Which of the heavens are you talking about?
Re: Will There Be Free will In Heaven? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
mekaboy: Satan was in heaven and he had free will and exercised it negatively, Heaven is for people that love GOD purely and your freewill will be to worship him.

THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF HEAVEN AS REFERENCED IN THE BIBLE. ONE OF THEM IS RULERSHIP.

THE EARTH WILL BE CLEANSED BY FIRE NOT DESTROYED. THE EARTH IS HERE FOREVER ECCLESIASTES 1 VS 4

AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BODY THAT LASTS FOREVER. HUMAN BODYS ARE NOT MADE TO LAST FOREVER. HOWEVER IN HEAVEN WE WILL GO BACK TO LIVING AS OLD AS TREES ( METHUSELAHS AGE ) ( ABOUT 1000 YEARS )

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Why You Should Go To Church / How Christianity And Islam Can Become One Religion / Video:see How David Oyedepo Was Received By Benson-idahosa's Son In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.