Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? (775 Views)

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) / Bill Clinton Bowing Down For Obama [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Mamajama(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
Is President Bill Clinton going too far with all his inaccurate allegations and records on Obama?

Share your thoughts.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/01/23/bill.clinton.yellin.cnn

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4162996&page=1
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Mamajama(m): 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2008
Sen. Barack Obama says he's ready to confront former President Bill Clinton, calling his advocacy on behalf of his wife's presidential campaign, "troubling."

In an exclusive interview with ABC News' Robin Roberts "Good Morning America" today Obama, D-Ill., directly engaged the former democratic president on a series of issues.

"You know the former president, who I think all of us have a lot of regard for, has taken his advocacy on behalf of his wife to a level that I think is pretty troubling," Obama said during his first morning television interview since coming in second in Nevada. "He continues to make statements that are not supported by the facts — whether it's about my record of opposition to the war in Iraq or our approach to organizing in Las Vegas.

"This has become a habit, and one of the things that we're going to have to do is to directly confront Bill Clinton when he's making statements that are not factually accurate," Obama added

http://www.againsthillary.com/2008/01/21/obama-vows-to-confron-bill-clinton-over-inaccurate-statements/
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Iman3(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
Abeg,read this funny article about Bill's temper problems:

Many years earlier, in 1990, he seriously overstepped his boundaries with me during one of his blind rages and permanently changed our relationship.

It was during his last gubernatorial race and he was falling behind in the polls. When we met at the governor’s mansion, it was close to midnight. Hillary and Gloria Cabe, his campaign manager at the time, were at the meeting with Bill and me. I had left Connecticut after oral surgery that morning to arrive in time for a 6 p.m. meeting. My mouth was killing me, but I avoided taking any pain killers to be alert for the strategy session. The meeting was changed several times because Bill had decided to do the Nightline Show. He finally arrived back to the mansion in a foul mood. Even though he was a teetotaler, I wondered if he had been drinking.

When he learned of his decline in the polls, he immediately blamed me, accusing me of spending too much time with other clients. Yelling and screaming, he escalated his charges, refusing to listen to me tell him that his latest ad had not been on television yet when the poll was completed. He kept ranting.

Finally, I had enough. I stood up and said I was leaving, quitting the campaign. I grabbed my coat and headed out of the mansion. As I crossed the foyer, I suddenly fell to the ground, tackled by Bill Clinton. I saw his large fist coming at me. Hillary was trying to get between us, yelling “Bill, Bill, stop it. Think about what you are doing. Bill, stop it!”

Bill got up and I walked out the door. Hillary ran after me. She tried to calm me and asked me to walk around the grounds of the Mansion with her. “He only does this to people he loves,” she told me. (I’ll leave that one for the psychologists.)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/political_commentary/commentary_by_dick_morris/bill_clinton_s_temper_negatively_affects_hillary_s_campaign
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Iman3(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2008
I hung up on him and went to sleep. A half hour later, Eileen answered a midnight call. A voice told her that the president of the United States was calling for Dick Morris. She told the caller that I was sleeping. Two minutes later, the phone rang again. “Miss, this is a call from the president of the United States.” Again, she told the caller that I was asleep. “The president wants to speak to Mr. Morris right now, please.” “I’m sorry, tell the president that he’s not available right now.” When the phone rang again a few minutes later, it woke me up. It was the president, calling to apologize and to talk about the convention.

Bill’s tantrums are causing the press to focus on him and not Hillary. That’s what he wants. No more questions about her experience, her ethics, her flip-flops. Now it's all about Bill.
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2008
Mamajama:

Is President Bill Clinton going too far with all his inaccurate allegations and records on Obama?

Bill has the right to campaign for his wife. He also has the right to freedom of expression or speech as the case may be.
This form of politicking has helped Hillary in the past, but is turning against her as Obama is already drawing sympathy from the like of Kenedys, kerrys etc as a result of constant bashing from Bill.

@TOPIC

Yes, Bill is going too far, only that it will be to the detriment of his wife Hillary.
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Jan 30, 2008
nuzo:

Bill has the right to campaign for his wife. He also has the right to freedom of expression or speech as the case may be.
This form of politicking has helped Hillary in the past, but is turning against her as Obama is already drawing sympathy from the like of Kenedys, kerrys etc as a result of constant bashing from Bill.

@TOPIC

Yes, Bill is going too far, only that it will be to the detriment of his wife Hillary.

I believe we should wait and see on the part where it is to the detriment of his wife and all. You know americans and women for that matter, you see the man standing by his woman and fighting for her at all cost, that may win over those die hard romantics out there who love that sort of thing. , Let us watch and see,
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Horus(m): 9:54am On Jan 30, 2008
Al Sharpton Tells Bill Clinton To Shut Up.

Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=94xzcUNAxf4
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by fatherab1: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2008
Clinton has to change strategy or else America may not have a female President in the next 2 tenures.
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Truthman(m): 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
Guys,
Yes It is true that Bill Clinton has a fiery temper.
I have being following dick morris since the early 90s and his own scandal with a prostitute in a hotel during Clinton's 96 reelection bid brought him into limelight. I wonder why he waited so long before revealing his story on Clinton. My guess is that he is probably pissed off that will his former colleagues in the Clinton team are gradually being recalled to the HERC team, he is being left out.

Besides, Bill has every right to defend his wife. People seems to have forgotten when someone in the ABM camp called HERC the senator from Punjab. Moreover looking back at his works while in office, he did alot for the minorities (Both African American and the Hispanics) - a fact which those calling racist cannot deny.
Re: Is Bill Clinton Going Too Far? by Horus(m): 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2008
[img]http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/012808electionpromo.jpg_20080128_09_48_44_20-88-125.imageContent[/img] 
Today's SunTimes has a picture of Barack obama on their home page under the headline of 'SUPER TUESDAY SURGE.' It's of him standing with a one of his "CHANGE" signs. They cropped the photo, and when they did, they cut of the C and the E in 'CHANGE' so now it's a photo of obama that says 'HANG'.I wonder who they're endorsing?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations - Lectures For June Exams / Finally Ribadu Arrives At The Nips / Umaru Dikko In A Closed-door Meeting With President Umaru Yar’adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.