Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,732 members, 7,941,764 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? (5611 Views)

N300,000-for-a-Job Civil Defence Scammers Nabbed! / Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! / Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by sirkaybaba55: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2012
fellow nairalanders
For those of us that have contributed immensely to fight against scammers and fraudsters trough this forum i pray god will continue to bless you all.

Please i need an advise on how i can track this scammer down that called themselves con oil hse trainee,last month i fell victim which i paid the sum of N53,300 for the fake hse training, till now i am yet to get a refund of my money.

I have been to bank lodge the complain but was told that they cant freeze an individual account except they get a court order.

Someone advised me to report to EFCC OR ICPC,but will that work?

what can i do to get a refund of my money and the culprit prosecuted i believe through his bank details he can be traced and his account frozen.

They are still sending fake offer letter to people i have a friend who told me he got such letter from them this Monday but i told him they are scammers.

This people has to be arrested and brought to justice lots of Nigerian job seekers have fallen victim of such.

what do you think i can do? i need suggestions please
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by georgee(m): 7:57am On Oct 18, 2012
Eeven my 4yr old nephew will neva fall for such. How culd u. U make so angry. Pls go sleep

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by polipompom: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ georgee, i feel u. With d high rate of scamming evrywer, one wouldn't xpect a graduate 2 fall prey 2 such hungry pple. Nt with d level of awareness created abt dese pple evn on NL nd NHJ. Bt still, 4 d benefit of doubt, let's assume dere's still a handful of desperate job seekers, who can go any length 2 get wot dey want. I gues sirkay is one of such. My candid advice is dat u go thru d appropriate channel 2 apprehend dese undesirable elements nd reclaim ur money. D 1st step 2 achieving dis is 2 gather ur proof, i mean receipt of payment nd other documents den proceed 2 report d case 2 d police. They r in d ryt position 2 deal with such criminal cases. Al d best. B kiaful nxt tym nd shine ur eyes.shocked

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
Make serious enquiry abt any firm b4 payin any money,tel dem 2 give u their office addy,ask dem if u cud meet dem one on one,from their response u wil know they r scammers,they wil just chicken out,am sure d acct name they gave u is a personal n not d company's name
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by DonTim1: 9:02am On Oct 19, 2012
@op, although i share ur concerns but u failed to mention proof of the said training being fake. where u trained at all? did u google the coy to find out if they are AEP / REP, d said trainer on the commencement of training did e show u any proof of being a certified trainer? where u issued study packs, did u meet any individual representative of the said coy? awaiting response so as to comment.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by justwise(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2012
sirkaybaba55: fellow nairalanders
For those of us that have contributed immensely to fight against scammers and fraudsters trough this forum i pray god will continue to bless you all.

Please i need an advise on how i can track this scammer down that called themselves con oil hse trainee,last month i fell victim which i paid the sum of N53,300 for the fake hse training, till now i am yet to get a refund of my money.

I have been to bank lodge the complain but was told that they cant freeze an individual account except they get a court order.

Someone advised me to report to EFCC OR ICPC,but will that work?

what can i do to get a refund of my money and the culprit prosecuted i believe through his bank details he can be traced and his account frozen.

They are still sending fake offer letter to people i have a friend who told me he got such letter from them this Monday but i told him they are scammers.

This people has to be arrested and brought to justice lots of Nigerian job seekers have fallen victim of such.

what do you think i can do? i need suggestions please

Start by publishing their details here, name, phone number, email addresses, bank details and physical address if you know it,

I'm not sure you will be able to get your money back but you can stop others falling into such scam.

I'm not sure if i should feel sorry for you though.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by trigar12(m): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2012
Mehn, i tink EFCC and ICPC are the best people to contact on this issue, no one can help you here.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by benz33(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2012
I share your pity poster, but i will not want us to condemn him/her totally. What about the one JAMB did to some of us who are Cyber Cafe owners, some of us operate a mini cyber cafe and 2 or 3 years ago JAMB asked us to pay N10,000 into their account..a special account meant for Online registration of student which they promise to refund after the registration exercise. A registration and accredited code was given to all of us who registered, some cyber cafes were on pressure cos they bought thumb printing machine, but some of was unable to register ONE STUDENT due to the challenges we were faced with on their website and the thumb printing machine. My fellow NL till today JAMB has not made any refund to me or probably to others(which i might be able to speak for in generality) as i still have few guys who complain till date.

I am not even Interested in any JAMB related service anymore, but they fail to REFUND MY MONEY which they promise to after all efforts to reach them and get my money proved abortive. Nigerians are killing Nigerians indirectly, not only by BOKO HARAM. Regards friends
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2012
trigar12: Mehn, i tink EFCC and ICPC are the best people to contact on this issue, no one can help you here.
Efcc ko,ICPC ni...he already lost money.involving this huge govt. agencies will drill his pocket.let him gather proof and report to the police.btw OP, u need to tell us more abt the whole saga
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Abujafood: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2012
I'll suggest you petition efcc and national human rights commission. Another suggestion is to go public with it if you have proof of the crime contact popular social media activists to start a campaign for you just as you have done with this post on nairaland, some other people. Might be willing to spread word out there for you plus u never know who's listening or reading.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by acidtalk: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2012
You definitely would have seen these threads below, either you decided not to follow the advice or you were just too desperate to get a job.

For you and others, i advice you go through both threads again.

https://www.nairaland.com/969314/how-identify-avoid-fake-employment
https://www.nairaland.com/968512/list-fake-employment-companies-stay
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by mrkels(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2012
Whats wrong with everybody on this forum self? undecided
@OP Sate their names, account number, address and contact details here (EDIT YOUR POST)
You may not get your money back, but you may help others. Also, when they get apprenhended , this would serve as evidence against them. (Who knows, the police may even say you should get a refund)
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Gboliwe: 9:31am On Oct 19, 2012
Post the entire information you have: account name, number, phone number, everything
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by tellwisdom: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2012
Thank you for your donation tongue..You do well grin
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by ifyalways(f): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2012
I doubt if I'll feel sorry for the OP and his likes. Thank goodness he don't need my "sorry" cos sorry won't bring back his money anyways.
@OP, first things first.

1. Show us prove of payment. (bank teller)
2. Give us the full details of the account you paid into. (bank name, account number and name)
3. Did you guys talk via email and/or phone?post some of the emails here. Post his mobile no too. 4. Where did you go for the training?
5. What was the deadline they gave you for getting your certificate?have you tried contacting them afterwards, what reason did they give you for the delay?
5. What do you want now?your money or certificate?

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2012
SIR KAY BABA cool
But you fall my hand big time Ooo sad

Do you how many bags of GARRI dat money can buy?

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 19, 2012
undecided undecided
ifyalways: I doubt if I'll feel sorry for the OP and his likes. Thank goodness he don't need my "sorry" cos sorry won't bring back his money anyways.
@OP, first things first.

2. Give us the full details of the account you paid into. (bank name, account number and name)
3. Did you guys talk via email and/or phone?post some of the emails here. Post his mobile no too. 4. Where did you go for the training?
5. What was the deadline they gave you for getting your certificate?have you tried contacting them afterwards, what reason did they give you for the delay?
undecided
ifyalways: I doubt if I'll feel sorry for the OP and his likes. Thank goodness he don't need my "sorry" cos sorry won't bring back his money anyways.
@OP, first things first.

Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 19, 2012
@OP, first things first.

undecided
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by ifyalways(f): 9:56am On Oct 19, 2012
Bharnjay, you quoted me twice just to use emoticons ?

Wahala dey oh. Lol
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Alamutatalo: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2012
@sirkaybaba55
Simply take the documents with which he solicited for the money and the deposit slip and report to ICPC,they'll ask you to write a formal complaint then the bank will be asked to place a pop up on the account so that the culprit can be arrested anytime he attempts to use the accout.
It's not a big deal,banks do it all the time.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2012
ifyalways: Bharnjay, you quoted me twice just to use emoticons ?

Wahala dey oh. Lol

No mind me jare, na my fone ef up jọ ...#shy
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2012
It's a pity!
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by purplekayc(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2012
Sorry ...
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Lantean(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2012
@ sirkaybaba55:
Pity you fell for the scam.
However, i advise lodging your complaint with the EFCC first. The general public is their jurisdiction. ICPC handles malpractices by public and civil servants. Be sure to make multiple copies of proofs, though. Don't count on getting a refund when they're apprehended but they may get caught.
Meanwhile create a new thread and title it (to attract attention) NIGERIANS, PLEASE BEWARE OF THESE. In the body, tell their bank detail, company name.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by pastorprosper(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2012
The best way to apprehend ur scammers is to never be so foolish again as to desire a job God has not destined for u. If that job was urs u didn't need any help from man to get it. Be wise, patient and rely on God's help.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by tpapi: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2012
I can assure u dat money is gone,
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by kambah(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2012
dats y i dont believe in all online jobs, by d way how could pay for such money, i hope u've nt been paying b4 today
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by oladayo042: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
OP don enta one chance. So many useful advice has already been given.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Slyr0x: 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
Attached is the document the scammer sent to the OP.

Due to the law mandated by the Nigeria Petroleum Regulatory Body ,all short listed candidate or any employee in any of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria MUST be HSE certified before accepted as an employee of the company.

Candidates that are not HSE certified must register with any CPL accredited HSE institute for HSE trainings.

Contact the below contact to know the company accredited HSE institute and how to register for the HSE training.

Contact Person: Ibeh Nwosu
Phone: 0806-426-0659

Make sure all documents sent to us MUST be true and correct as any misinformation will lead to disqualification.

Best Regards
FRANCIS OKWUDINDU
Head, HR/Admin

Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by Slyr0x: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
OP, you should have done your research well before parting with your hard earned cash.

The scammer was first reported here http://www./f37/new-scam-beware-young-graduate-141987/

Infact SUN News reported the scammer here http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/job-syndicate-on-the-prowl/
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by ocheejemb: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
I dont know why you guys are discouraging the OP. The Bank has already said they would freeze the account on reciept of a court order as well as divulge the details of the owner. 53k might not be the largest some of money, but if as few as 20 people have fallen victim then you see how it has become a considerable scam, worthy of Police investigation.
Re: Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? by FASTLINK1: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
Found a matching phone number here, they are definitely the same people

HONEYWELL OIL AND GAS LIMITED
4 NPA EXPRESS RD, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.
Tel: +234-809-572-2465 Website: http://honeywelloil-nigeria. Email: info@honeywelloil-nigeria.
June 22, 2012 TRAINEE NO: SD 9995
Attention Candidate,
As a result of your application in the 2012 Honeywell training programme your
name has been shortlist as one of our trainee to participate in the management
training programme.
The programme is designed to train and develop indigenous Nigerian
jobseekers to competence levels required for the oil and gas industry.
THE PROGRAMME
The programme will last for 18months at three of our location namely Rivers State,
Lagos State and Delta State respectively. The training programme will be
academically challenging and intensive with many practical assignments and
evening work. Continuous assessment and appraisals of trainees will take place
during the period of training.
The programme is divided into five disciplines as follows:
1. Electrical/Operations (Ref. ELECT.1)
2. Mechanical/Operations (Ref. MECH.2)
3. Instrumentation/Operations (Ref. INSTR.3)
4. Accounting (Ref.ACCT.4)
5. Marketing (Ref .MARKTN.4)
The HOGL/2 programme is City and Guild accredited, and on successful
completion graduands shall be awarded the City and Guild of London
Institute Certificate, in addition to the HOGL Certificate of attendance.
HOGL TRAINING CONDITIONS
All short listed trainees will be given an allowance to cover incidental
expenses and successful candidates will commence training on the 2nd August,
2012. HOGL will recruit from the pool of trainees who successfully complete
the programme. During the training, trainees will be employees of HOGL
and will be bonded to work for HOGL upon completion of the programme.
RESUMPTION DATE
You are to resume duty at the above establishment on the 2nd August, 2012.
Details of this training programme will be found in your hardcopy of the
employment documents which will be sent to you via dhl courier service after
scrutinizing your documents.
SALARY STRUCTURE
Basic Salary…….. 200,000 /month (Two hundred thousand naira monthly)
Training Allowance……25,000/monthly (Twenty-five thousand naira monthly)
Accommodation………FREE
Complete details will be found in the hard copy of the employment documents to be
sent to candidate via DHL courier service.
REQUIREMENTS
You are required to submit the below listed requirements on or before 4th of July,
2012 for scrutinisation and confirmation.
1. Photocopies of your credentials/certificates.
2. Sized Photo Passport (2).
3. HSE Competent Three (Certificates).
Documents are to be submitted through any of the below means:
In Person.
Courier.
Email.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Due to the law mandated by the Nigeria Petroleum Regulatory Body concerning
the mandatory of every employee of any oil and gas industry in Nigeria to be HSE
certified before accepted as an employee of the company all short listed candidates
must be HSE certified or register for a HSE training with the company accredited
HSE institute at a subsidized rate.
Any short listed candidates that is yet to have done a HSE training is required to
register to Honeywell accredited HSE institute or contact the below contact person
for help on how to register for the HSE training .
Contact Person: Nwogu Ibeh
Phone: 0806-426-0659
Make sure all documents sent to us MUST be true and correct as any
misinformation will lead to disqualification.
Best Regards
FRANCIS IHEBUZOR
Head, HR/Admin
………………………………………….
signature
4 NPA EXPRESS RD, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.Tel: +234-809-572-2465 Website: http://honeywelloil-nigeria. Email: info@honeywelloil-nigeria.

Guyz please beware.....This scam is really getting serious...Please beware and dont fall for it.
http://www./f37/new-scam-beware-young-graduate-141987/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Central Bank Vacancies / NIPOST Has Thousands Of Vacancies Waiting For Approval From Federal Government / Bank Phb Collects C.vs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.