Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,197 members, 7,928,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:23 PM

10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink (15760 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
pendo89:

Don't you think that would a thread on its own?

I think the poster mentioned something about one's relationship with God as 'Immunity'? I actually posted what I did to prove that one's relationship with God doesn't make them immune to such crazy acts. It takes a lot of self will and control to be a great man/woman.Add God's word to that.

You will never hear me tell anybody to divorce as a solution to marital probs. No way.Because first and foremost I am a believer just like Timjo.
All other avenues of reconciliation must be exhausted first.And if that fails completely then separate.
People don't automatically go for divorce.The separation period is a period of reflection and decision making.
The courts don't even grant people a divorce right away esp where I am.They must have separated for not less than 3 years.

My conclusion is this.Go for divorce if it hits rock bottom and there's no hope of reconciling. Anything less,manage.

Ok! This make sense to me than what some folks have said so far. They bashed me from left to right, insulting and calling me names. I appreciate them and resepect their views, but I can't succumb to errors. Some of them even said that God's word is not relevant in marriage b'cos He has given us the brain to think. This is the weird believe of many, but I will never under estimate the efficacy in God's words.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
Busy_body:

Ha, and this was me scratching my head wondering whether Seun over-upgraded the NL website by mistake to www.oyingbo_market.com with all the ruckus and melee and fake weaves and fake teeths and fake limbs flailing and flying all over the thread.

Thanks for reminding me that this is "only" one thread on a forum and thankfully this is still a "forum" meaning it is "still" open to people with diverse thought process, dissenting, differing, disagreeing, dissentient dissenters, and eveything else inbetween, phew.

Please keep repping your username and keep being the SALT of the earth as you are doing wink

I see you too oh TIMIJO, ain't it funny how out of the 10 non-definitive reasons you gave, the only one people are up in arms against is the Biblical one, calling you a Bible-thumper lacking in commonsense, amongst other derogatory names you were called. Since when did anything concerning God quantifiable with our own (we human's) definition of “commonsense" eg if there is GOD, why are there wicked cruel people, why are there poor people suffering, why is there violent racism, why is their war, why is their disabled people, heck why is their defenceless, innocent disabled children, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera !!!

THE BOTTOMLINE IS, GOD'S WAYS WHICH ENCOMPASSES LOVE ARE NOT OUR WAYS, IT IS HIS BATTLE...HIS WAYS ARE UNSEARCHABLE, HE USES "SEEMINGLY" FOOLISH THINGS TO CONFOUND THE DELUDED "WISE" ONES... GOD SAYS TO ABSTAIN FROM MARRIAGE, AND RELUCTANTLY SAYS TO MARRY TO "HOLD BODY"... WHEN QUERIED ON DIVORCE, HE GRUDGINGLY AND EXASPERATINGLY REPLIES "DIVORCE ONLY ON ADULTERY GROUNDS". And there is still something called separation afterall so why are we trying to play God here or trying to undermine Him here !!! And of course there is still that thing called freewill meaning we can discount God as a silly God and instead follow Olumba Olumba or Guru Ratzmattaz!!!

Moreover, why is "longsuffering" a gift or a fruit or whatever it is (gosh where is my Bible, oh dear I still saw it on this shelf 6 weeks ago) oops embarassed BRB off to go drink my tea patiently awaiting me in the chocolate teapot I brewed it in tongue
This also makes sense to me. You are the only one that under stand my stand among other volunteer interpreters. This is becos d holy scriptures have made u wise. Other volunteer interpreters are too dull to digest the truths. They gave wrong interpretation to my audience, living them in confussion. I apprecite them for their insults and names they have called me. They may nt value the words of God, but I value and reference it. Their criticism and insults can not make me to succumb to their heresy.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
Timijo: This also makes sense to me. You are the only one that under stand my stand among other volunteer interpreters. This is becos d holy scriptures have made u wise. Other volunteer interpreters are too dull to digest the truths. They gave wrong interpretation to my audience, living them in confussion. I apprecite them for their insults and names they have called me. They may nt value the words of God, but I value and reference it. Their criticism and insults can not make me to succumb to their heresy.
cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Busybody2(f): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2012
Tgirl4real: Busybody, where have you been?

What do you mean where have I been? "I have been right behind you", as always.

I am shocked that you would think I would be anywhere else besides "beside you" sad

I am hurt cos this query of yours would have been averted if you had "looked right under your nose" cos therein you would'd found me angry

Tgirl, come again, you were saying tongue
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Busybody2(f): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2012
pendo89:

Don't you think that would a thread on its own?

Its some rhetoric-musing/foresight whacchumacallit for the "the-victim-should-have-gotten-away-earlier" brigade... So forget I said that...

Now if there is any post that deserves a separate thread of its own, it is yours. Why? You coulda knock me sideways with a feather for not thinking you are on Timijo's side belief-wise. Moreover it is glaringly obvious that the other side "too" did not "know" you were on Timijo's side the way they rode your posts' coattails using it as a "you see, you see, you see" ammunition to rub it in Timijo's face...mocking him for a Biblical expository on a "forum"... So you singlehandedly set yourself on that slippery slope of getting your intention misconstrued...

pendo89:
I think the poster mentioned something about one's relationship with God as 'Immunity'? I actually posted what I did to prove that one's relationship with God doesn't make them immune to such crazy acts. It takes a lot of self will and control to be a great man/woman.Add God's word to that.

You will never hear me tell anybody to divorce as a solution to marital probs. No way.Because first and foremost I am a believer just like Timjo.
All other avenues of reconciliation must be exhausted first.And if that fails completely then separate.
People don't automatically go for divorce.The separation period is a period of reflection and decision making.
The courts don't even grant people a divorce right away esp where I am.They must have separated for not less than 3 years.

My conclusion is this.Go for divorce if it hits rock bottom and there's no hope of reconciling. Anything less,manage.

Well, well, well, quoted below are excerpts of Pendo89's posts on this thread, so "again" forgive me for thinking you are on the same side of the fence as Timijo whose one post that set the cat amongst the pigeons was centred on a Biblical POV !!!

I guess we are cool now, here's a handshake

https://www.nairaland.com/1078542/10-reasons-not-get-divorce/2#12666214
pendo89:
...Now this is what happens when you hold on to your ground...

https://www.nairaland.com/1078542/10-reasons-not-get-divorce/2#12666418
pendo89:

...Don't wait to die when it's obvious that things have hit rock bottom,cz you will be forgotten very fast.

https://www.nairaland.com/1078542/10-reasons-not-get-divorce/3#12675096

pendo89: All these rubbish they keep spewing makes me sick...

...It's men like the poster with their thou art holy attitude who end up committing such murders because they fail to reason and apply wisdom where it is needed.
You can't hide under the word! nope.God isn't silly...

...Please when things hit rock bottom advice them accordingly.I would hate to live with the guilt of wrong advice.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Busybody2(f): 10:08am On Oct 26, 2012
Timijo: This also makes sense to me. You are the only one that under stand my stand among other volunteer interpreters. This is becos d holy scriptures have made u wise. Other volunteer interpreters are too dull to digest the truths. They gave wrong interpretation to my audience, living them in confussion. I apprecite them for their insults and names they have called me. They may nt value the words of God, but I value and reference it. Their criticism and insults can not make me to succumb to their heresy.

To be sincere and frank, God's love and ways na elele, na wire, and I am still searching...albeit lackadaisically (forgive me Baba God, I pray) embarassed

But His will is for us to seek the Kingdom of Heaven and its righteousness in order to have eternal life as this realm is temporary. And if He decrees we should not marry so we can make Heaven, it is because we are supposed to "biblically love" your neighbours as ourselves and win souls for Christ, so what is the point of evangelism and living righteous and holy. . .and yet our kids and husband and wives don't get to have there names inscribed into the book of life

According to the Holy Bible,
God "killed" Jesus Christ to demonstrate His love for us afterall, now is that rational and does it make "common" sense But who are we to query God? What would we do if we were givEn 1/10000000000000000000000000000000000th of His power and might for just one hour! Goes to sshow that talk is cheap innit!!!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=Busy_body]

To be sincere and frank, God's love and ways na elele, na wire, and I am still searching...albeit lackadaisically (forgive me Baba God, I pray) embarassed

But His will is for us to seek the Kingdom of Heaven and its righteousness in order to have eternal life as this realm is temporary. And if He decrees we should not marry so we can make Heaven, it is because we are supposed to "biblically love" your neighbours as ourselves and win souls for Christ, so what is the point of evangelism and living righteous and holy. . .and yet our kids and husband and wives don't get to have there names inscribed into the book of life

According to the Holy Bible,
God "killed" Jesus Christ to demonstrate His love for us afterall, now is that rational and does it make "common" sense But who are we to query God?
What would we do if we were givEn 1/10000000000000000000000000000000000th of His power and might for just one hour!
What a big Question?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Melie200(f): 10:47am On Oct 27, 2012
This is stupidity of the highest order
If ur partner is abusing u then u need to divorce that person bcz what are u teaching ur children that when somebody abuses them then they should take no action plus the children would have issues (psychological)
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
Melie 200: This is stupidity of the highest order
If ur partner is abusing u then u need to divorce that person bcz what are u teaching ur children that when somebody abuses them then they should take no action plus the children would have issues (psychological)
Who is this again? crying out aloud.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Jellitah: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=20pt]

I AGREE. . . DIVORCE CAN ONLY BE A SOLUTION IN CASES OF DOMESTIC ABUSE. . . ONLY!!! kiss

11. YOU WILL MISS CONSTANT PHOCKING. . .EVEN IF IT IS ONCE IN 2 YEARS. . . . YOU WILL DOWNGRADE TO ZERO. . . WHO WILL LOOK AT YOUR KPOMO STOMACH FULL OF STRETCH MARKS AGAIN? OR STRUGGLE WITH YA DEAD BLOKOS AFTER A DIE-VORCE?

YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR SE-X AFTER A DIE-VORCE!!! YOUR SE-XUAL FRUSSSSSTR-EHSHUN WILL SHOW ON NL TOO!!!!!

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / FG, LGA's Renew Marriage Registration Battle / The Mood For "Valentine Bedmatics" Your Spouse's Favorite Move? Or Yours?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.