Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,371 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:46 AM

Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 (9212 Views)

Nigerians’ll Starve To Death By 2050, If… —presidency / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! / Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by free2ryhme: 7:53am On Oct 19, 2012
OMG!!!!! whoever wrote this piece must probably be drinking zobo and garri 247 grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by etchel(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2012
He isn't far from the truth.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by dridowu: 8:00am On Oct 19, 2012
In my weirdest dream
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by dnawah(m): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2012
38 years 2go!whenever a runner can reach a cripple can also reach,it is a matter of time,but not when moving backword.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by rasputinn(m): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2012
I hope to be part of the players that will make this happen smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OmoTier1(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2012
ITbomb: without the empowerment of the middle class , the Nigerian economy is doom .
For now that empowerment is still non existent for a government that cannot pay 18k minimum wage yet someone is getting food poisoning from eating 3million worth of food per day.
The technicians , craft men and other micro enterprises cannot access low interest credit to enhance their business
I think that is where Nigeria's huge potential is: Vastly entrepreneurial middle class compared to most of the western nations and they will be the ones to push the economy of Nigeria into the upper tier of global economy.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OmoTier1(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2012
rasputinn: I hope to be part of the players that will make this happen smiley smiley smiley
Hope is good, but action is better. I am amongst those making Nigeria work again and is preparing His grounds to be a formidable force in the land. tongue
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by gbadexy(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2012
In their dreams.
As if those countries would wait for them.
They are progressing geometrically while nigeria takes a step forward and two steps backwards.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by cheddarking(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2012
KINGwax: arrant nonsense! Who says there aint industrialization? Why alwys talkin from your caged point of view? How are u different from d idiottas who alwys come with cheap publicity and surveys like, nigerians are the poorest, nigerian women are the most unfaithful. Y'all nothin butcha bunch of stupid lots!
Did u check up wit the corporate affairs commission and got the facts dt industries aint springin up? I see factories being built in my daily life here. We install so many things for them and y'all jes sit behind d screen while your lean fingers typed from the wretchedness of your vague intelligence. Building some kinda cheap cyber popularity, feigning intellectual like a fraudster!
We still need to get so many things right, one and only effort being helping small scale enterprises strive by installin the right infrastructures. We all knw the SME is the backbone of industrialization. And i give it to Nigerians, we are ready. Even wit oddies, we still continue to make it. Whether u biliv it or not, unlike before, i've seen guys live comfortable without fraud. They've engaged themselves in simple business and it's payin off. Those that think Nigeria is only for whackness are the lots that waited and wanna die on being salaried. Guys have advanced from taking small opportunities and using them. Almost every guy has a registered company now, waiting and workin for an opportunity to burst out. Beggin and lobbyin for simple supplies and contracts. We need to stamp out corruption and d lots dt kills this actuallizations.
Stay there they imagine. Guys aint waiting for Nigeria. And that's why it's helpin d economy.
So log out dude, you're faking.

Bros abeg which industries dey Nigeria?

Do you know simple items like TORCHLIGHTS, and SUSPENDED CEILINGS are being imported from China?

I should know, as I do this business.

Nigeria is a country where Nigerian-made things are seen as inferior not just by the elite, but the COMMON MAN ON THE STREET.

Apart from the Dangote\Honeywell\Ibeto Conglomerates and Indomie, JUST HOW MANY FACTORIES ARE THERE?

And you say Shymexx is faking? Come correct bruv...
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by Toktee(m): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2012
Instead of fighting to overtake ghana,egypt or south africa,they are talking about france,i call this an uphill task and a day dreaming
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OmoTier1(m): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2012
cheddarking:

Bros abeg which industries dey Nigeria?

Do you know simple items like TORCHLIGHTS, and SUSPENDED CEILINGS are being imported from China?

I should know, as I do this business.

Nigeria is a country where Nigerian-made things are seen as inferior not just by the elite, but the COMMON MAN ON THE STREET.

Apart from the Dangote\Honeywell\Ibeto Conglomerates and Indomie, JUST HOW MANY FACTORIES ARE THERE?

And you say Shymexx is faking? Come correct bruv...
First you claimed there are no Industries in Nigeria, then you conclude by naming some of the biggest players in their sector in Africa, does that not tell you something? Yes development maybe very slow, but there is denying the fact that Nigeria is making significant progress in many areas. Telecommunication is one aspect that is worth using as a case study. In barely 12years, Nigeria has gone from a nation with no GSM to a nation now looking to implement things like rural agricultural education using GSM. Yes, it may not be perfect, but just like the automobile industry in Great Britain in the early years, it wasn't perfect, they just kept working on it until they took the world by storm. Lets have a positive mind set, after all, there's no productivity in negativity.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by trent9002(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2012
By 2050, I'll be an old man. I refuse to agree.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by Bolarge1(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2012
SORRY THE RAPTURE WOULD HAVE TAKEN PLACE BY THEN!

Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by cheddarking(m): 8:56am On Oct 19, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
First you claimed there are no Industries in Nigeria, then you conclude by naming some of the biggest players in their sector in Africa, does that not tell you something? Yes development maybe very slow, but there is denying the fact that Nigeria is making significant progress in many areas. Telecommunication is one aspect that is worth using as a case study. In barely 12years, Nigeria has gone from a nation with no GSM to a nation now looking to implement things like rural agricultural education using GSM. Yes, it may not be perfect, but just like the automobile industry in Great Britain in the early years, it wasn't perfect, they just kept working on it until they took the world by storm. Lets have a positive mind set, after all, there's no productivity in negativity.

So you've got only 3 major Players Propping up the Economy...

And you reckon that's a GOOD thing?
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2012
As the usual saying here, 'I laugh in Nigerian languages'!

The growth is not the problem but growing by putting the necessary basic facilities in place, organizing the society,educating the poor masses(with serious increase in better teachers in sciences), fumigating the whole nation against mosquitoes,etc. This growth is just going to be the worse growth any nation will experience if those basic facilities are not in place, making things and the nation look more underdeveloped.Imagine lagos city not having a good drainage system. I would be interested to see how a nation can grow without basic facilities in place. It is a shame there is no single well operating city in Nigeria.Why? Nigerians don't just care about organizing the society and curtailing corruption in high places so that the huge oil money can trickle down to the ordinary man and to be used for community development.

It is a sad thing for the nation though.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by obi123: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2012
well there is hope because by 2050 all these damn policy makers will be suffering dementia , Alzheimer's, Urinary Disorders and Visual impairment due to old age , and hopefully will give room for more efficient people to move us forward
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OmoTier1(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2012
cheddarking:

So you've got only 3 major Players Propping up the Economy...

And you reckon that's a GOOD thing?
You start from some where. Have you heard of such a thing like recognizing every good thing in you? Nigeria should look at where shes done things right and try to replicate that in other areas. Whining about how poor you are will never make you become rich, remember, there is no productivity in negativity.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OgeneDom(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2012
This is a dream and the only wrong thing with dreaming not waking up to face the reality
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OmoTier1(m): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2012
Bo-large:
SORRY THE RAPTURE WOULD HAVE TAKEN PLACE BY THEN!
Aint this foolhardy? Rapture by the way is Spiritual, so you won't see human flesh going up heavenwards, 'cos this flesh would have been replaced with that Celestia body that heaven knows...

P.S: Lets not derail this thread.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OmoTier1(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2012
Ogene Dom: This is a dream and the only wrong thing with dreaming not waking up to face the reality
Like it was dreaming dreams when they said we will become the next power house in Telecommunications and people like you said hmm hmm... but today what is happening?
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2012
obi123: well there is hope because by 2050 all these damn policy makers will be suffering dementia , Alzheimer's, Urinary Disorders and Visual impairment due to old age
Their children and cronies will continue with their evil works even if they are sick or dead! Dying is not the issue but the ideology these sect of human beings have left for others to carry on with is always the problem.

Putting in place laws that will curb crimes and arresting these corrupt individuals are the best ways out.I am not seeing that happening in Nigeria. Many people in the society are supporting these corrupt individuals to enrich themselves with the loots. Imagine the past corrupt leaders buying national properties with stolen money and people are proud of that.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by cheddarking(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
You start from some where. Have you heard of such a thing like recognizing every good thing in you? Nigeria should look at where shes done things right and try to replicate that in other areas. Whining about how poor you are will never make you become rich, remember, there is no productivity in negativity.

You are being very Idealistic bruv.

In a Normal Society, where all Citizens are sane, then your statments hold water...

Not in Nigeria.

We've had 52 years to get it right, and conditions back then that were more favourable to Economic growth...and we fuccked up Royally.

Now things are bad, the security situation is appaling, power generation is still not high enough to drive industrialisation, rife corruption ingrained in our little ones...and this is the Economy they tell you is GROWING?

A Country so devoid of jobs, TRUCK DRIVERS need to have a BSC! And this 'Economy' is GROWING?

In the GSM sector you mentioned, 3 of the 4 major Service Providers are FOREIGN, and the ECONOMY is GROWING?

Forgive me if I disagree Sir!
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by OmoTier1(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2012
cheddarking:

You are being very Idealistic bruv.

In a Normal Society, where all Citizens are sane, then your statments hold water...

Not in Nigeria.

We've had 52 years to get it right, and conditions back then that were more favourable to Economic growth...and we fuccked up Royally.

Now things are bad, the security situation is appaling, power generation is still not high enough to drive industrialisation, rife corruption ingrained in our little ones...and this is the Economy they tell you is GROWING?

A Country so devoid of jobs, TRUCK DRIVERS need to have a BSC! And this 'Economy' is GROWING?

In the GSM sector you mentioned, 3 of the 4 major Service Providers are FOREIGN, and the ECONOMY is GROWING?

Forgive me if I disagree Sir!
I get what you are driving at, however my point is this, if we do not see where we need to be and how we need to get there as a nation, then we will remain the modern day Israel who were less than 4 days closer to the promise land but ended up arriving there 400 years late.

As for your BSC holders driving trucks, I think that reasoning is part of what needs eradicating in Nigeria. Here in the UK, you see a man driving taxi, has a degree but you know what, He also has two other small business He runs. It is now about the degree you hold that matters, it is what you do with it. Those BSC holders can do the truck driving for three years, and there after get the financial stability to start up the right company and become employers of labour.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by solomon111(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2012
Toktee: Instead of fighting to overtake ghana,egypt or south africa,they are talking about france,i call this an uphill task and a day dreaming
WTF!!
Ghana,Egypt?
You must have being living in the 50s.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2012
solomon111: WTF!!
Ghana,Egypt?
You must have being living in the 50s.
grin grin grin. You haven't seen anything yet!
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by cheddarking(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
I get what you are driving at, however my point is this, if we do not see where we need to be and how we need to get there as a nation, then we will remain the modern day Israel who were less than 4 days closer to the promise land but ended up arriving there 400 years late.

As for your BSC holders driving trucks, I think that reasoning is part of what needs eradicating in Nigeria. Here in the UK, you see a man driving taxi, has a degree but you know what, He also has two other small business He runs. It is now about the degree you hold that matters, it is what you do with it. Those BSC holders can do the truck driving for three years, and there after get the financial stability to start up the right company and become employers of labour.

There is nothing wrong with being a Degree Holder and Driving a Truck for a living...We all have to play the best hand with the cards life throws at us...

However when the unemployment rate in a Country rises so high, that a Degree becomes a REQUIREMENT for an unskilled job as Truck Driving, then how can you say that Country's Economy is Booming?
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by chudyboy05(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2012
Junks of trash.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by damola57: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2012
Vision 20 2050. They will just wake up and start talking nonsense. Thou i neva give up on Niga.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by yanni1(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2012
I just Pray Jesus tarries till then...
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by spade: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2012
Garbage propaganda from a very shallow idealist.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by Ogaga87(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2012
Even if they grow by 0.0 percent our 7.6 can't match theirs, what a shame.
Re: Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 by nairaman66(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2012
In which country this man became a doctor? Where does he live? Is he high on some cheap wraps? I cant believe he is saying all this so authoritatively! Damn..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy / Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters / Makurdi Local Government Workers Protest 13-Month Unpaid Salaries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.