Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,619 members, 7,911,615 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:10 PM

What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? (1375 Views)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Creepy And Terrifying Photos Of Ghosts Caught On Camera / Where do Atheists go when they die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
I just wonder. . .
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
Atheists believe in ghosts alright. Infact we believe in anything supernatural apart from God. We believe in the devil, in angels, in demons, in witches and wizards, in mermaids, in unicorns, we even believe in santa claus. But we refuse to believe in God.

Mtcheeeeew
silly question
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by CrazyMan(m): 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
inurmind: Atheists believe in ghosts alright. Infact we believe in anything supernatural apart from God. We believe in the devil, in angels, in demons, in witches and wizards, in mermaids, in unicorns, we even believe in santa claus. But we refuse to believe in God.

Mtcheeeeew
silly question
Then you're a hypocrite.
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
Then you're a hypocrite.
u didnt spot the sarcasm?
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by wiegraf: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2012
inurmind: Atheists believe in ghosts alright. Infact we believe in anything supernatural apart from God. We believe in the devil, in angels, in demons, in witches and wizards, in mermaids, in unicorns, we even believe in santa claus. But we refuse to believe in God.

Mtcheeeeew
silly question

On a slightly more serious note there are atheists that believe in some supernatural phenomena (not many, at all), they just don't believe in deities as first cause/god. That is the only requirement neccessary to being an atheist.

So yeah, still silly question (unless op is unaware of what atheism really means).
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by plaetton: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2012
musKeeto:

No he didn't.
grin shocked

How dare atheists to believe in ghosts and mermaids but not in god.

But the fact remains that at least, people, from time to time, claim to see ghosts and mermaids. That makes them a tiny bit believable.

But no one has ever claimed to see god. That makes it far less believable.
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 19, 2012
plaetton:

No he didn't.
grin shocked

How dare atheists to believe in ghosts and mermaids but not in god.

But the fact remains that at least, people, from time to time, claim to see ghosts and mermaids. That makes them a tiny bit believable.

But no one has ever claimed to see god. That makes it far less believable.
Moses claimed to see God...

Asked to see his face, but God showed him his a55... or so the story goes...

Exodus 33
21 Then the LORD said, “There is a place
near me where you may stand on a rock.
22 When my glory passes by, I will put you
in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my
hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will
remove my hand and you will see my back;
but my face must not be seen.”
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2012
plaetton:

Its called hallucination. Those people are high on narcotics.
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2012
inurmind:

Its called hallucination. Those people are high on narcotics.

Trauma or suppressed anxiety arising from the loss of a loved one can also contribute to the unhinging of the human mind. We all know how quickly the mind compensates for what it does not know or cannot fully comprehend
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
Then you're a hypocrite.

I don't blame u. Its your english teacher I blame.
If u ever see him again, STRANGLE HIM.

1 Like

Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by manmustwac(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2012
*dhtml:
I just wonder. . .
Sometimes you Christians can come out with some really DUMB questions. Since we don't believe in imaginary heaven, imaginary hell, imaginary soul or imaginary spirit what makes you think that we'll believe in ghosts? When are you going to learn to think for yourself?
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2012
Now, this thread is not silly but rather interesting.
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
musKeeto:

Well, you have to have an IQ above 100 to spot sarcasm and Crazyman's IQ is just below body temperature.
You expect too much from these jesus people. lol
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
*dhtml:
Now, this thread is not silly but rather interesting.

I saw a ghost last night. Then it turned into a cat with wings and it spoke to me......
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by sisqology(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
I dunno what he(Tony) is always doing in Religion section sef :s
Re: What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? by dhtmlextreme1: 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
^^^I dunno, possibly He is tired of living amongst those that their God is Codes, codes and more codes.

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Those Who Mocked God / From Atheism To Christianity / Pastor Rapes Woman In Church During 'spiritual Bath'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.