Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:23 AM

Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? (29686 Views)

Importance Of Body Beauty In Choosing A Partner / Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? / Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by MrsChima(f): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
cescky:

you have a point
because we are all created like God,and have free will to do as you please

BUT allowing God to choose for you, is also using your freewill, in that you have given up or sacrificed your will for Gods own counsel and will to be done.
we can do what we want or let God do what He wants with us(that is fulfilling your purpose)we all are created for someone, something etc.
your

Sorry boo boo...God do not choose your mate. He will guide you in making a sound decision base on if you guys are equally yoked..remember the bible states that spouses SHOULDN'T BE UNEQUALLY YOKED.

God doesn't want people to give up their free will...He want people to CHOOSE and trust the spirit in YOU. Directing and guiding isn't the same as choosing. Different vocabularies.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
I'm so tired of seeing threads like this, argh!!
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
@OP
I think i will go with mrs Chima on this one...

so often we let people manipulate us by using the term it is the will of God
how many people seek that same will when looking for a Job,
How many times do we seek the will of God in our everyday life and decisions...?

Please lets not be deceived, Like someone said God does not choose life partners for anyone
right from the time that Adam blamed God for giving him a wife, God simply said
He that Findeth a wife Findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor from the Lord.

look all through the bible, there was never a time when any one consulted with the priest
because he/she wanted to get married.

we should stop making a mountain out of a molehill...

making the choice of whom to spend the rest of your life with is a serious decision, and should not be taken lightly.
but that doesn't mean we should spiritualise, thereby confusing ourselves.

these days instead of a man to walk up to a woman in the church and simply "toast her" grin

grin
He goes about telling her that God said....
people now use it to manipulate unsuspecting sisters and Brothers in the church

finally,
if you make a decision, and you don't seem to feel peace within you, then maybe you shouldn't continue with that decision.
God has given each and everyone a sixth sense, apply your common sense and choose what is right, not what seems right...

if God has choosen a wife for everyone
what now happened to the wife that God choose for paul in the bible, because certainly he didn't get married

please lets not take simple emotions, and twist it to a point where it becomes rocket science.
God will always lead those that trust his directions, but the final choice will always be ours.
God doesn't give us a will, he has already given you that will power....
what you do with is up to you.

1 Like

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by virginvampire(m): 6:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
This is the question people ask when they don't wanna be responsible and hence looking for who to blame for their problems.....how do I know the will of God aka how do I learn to live in denial
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Boomark(m): 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

There is nothing in the bible that states that God pick spouses.

The bible states the man shall look for the wife but some people are saying that how do we get God's will in finding a mate....is that contradicting?

To anyone...

If you are a Christian...please read your bible in entirety and FOLLOW IT in entirety. Not pick and choose what is applicable to you.

I just want to know where they will pick it from. Its origin is not from the bible.

He has given us freewill to chose and to be good people. If you are good and the person you meet is good, your marriage will prosper.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
@poster, have you tried fleece? It works like miracle so long as you are in tone with God through honest following of His teachings as laid down in the Bible.

Try fleece, & Goodluck.

Btw, if anyone has issue with born agains, let the person keep it to himself or herself & follow the life that pleases him/her than coming publicly to condemn people trying hard to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. To every slander or words against Christ & His chosen ones, shall be judged, pls lets try & flee from condemning born agains or true practicing Christians. If their way doesn't suit you, let them be, & live your own life as you desire. just an open advice.

1 Like

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
Someone you don't have a spiritual but about
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
Shollypopz: I'm so tired of seeing threads like this, argh!!

lol.
Sowie dears
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by maybel(m): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2012
binger: Prayer is the key...prayer is the master key
I can't agree less
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by maybel(m): 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
Gracious10: I believe I have lost the will of God for my life in marriage cos I was too picky. My question is, is there a second perfect will of God or does that come just once in a life time?
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by leunamme93(m): 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
Matthew 6:33

1 Like

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by olempe(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Are you God?

No, I'm not.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by drsmk: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
I have a different perspective to this union thing called marriage.its a fact that no marriage is perfect as such following your heart and committing honestly to living with your choices amounts to a successful marriage.
I have heard and seen marriages built on church foundation but crashed in a few years.(Pastor Chris okotie is an instance)thats not to say seeking and heeding Gods voice in making decisions isnt important.the ultimate thing is to be willing and ready to learn and tolerate.there is always a good thing in that patner but can you stand the test! ?. Is the question before hoping on board
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Orikinla(m): 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
God the Infinite One does not play Match.com® as many so called churches do in Nigeria.
So, don't drag HIM into your lust for women.
Most marriages even called WILL OF GOD in Nigerian churches are just marriages based on lust and materialism and not love.
That is why majority of the couples are very unfaithful and ungrateful.

[size=28pt]Those of you who go to your pastor to pray for you and tell you who to marry, if care is not taken, you will become a victim of lies. You are simply lazy. No pastor or prophet should tell you who to marry. They are to pray along with you, counsel and guide you using the Word of God.

If you fail to pay the price to hear from God on that matter, you may be deceived. God can use your pastor or a genuine prophet of God to confirm what He had already told you. Many homes have been established on falsehood and that is why things are falling apart and the center can no longer hold. Some pastors are seriously into match-making. They have taken over from the Holy Spirit. Match-making remains God’s prerogative and He has not delegated it to any pastor.

~ PASTOR ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE[/size]
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by PriestofGod1: 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
Prov 19:14
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by nikky5(m): 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
Recently I was praying to God for a wife.During a three days fasting and prayer for a lady I had spoken to without asking the Lord God revealed to me who she was and the idol in her heart even though she is a born again christian.When I later inquired from her friends and close pals about some very important things I wanted to know, they confirmed to me what God has revealed to me about her.Go to God in prayer.He still answers prayers and will not give a delilah to his son.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by PriestofGod1: 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
Priest of God: Prov 19:14

A father can give his sons homes and riches, but only the Lord can give them understanding wives.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by PriestofGod1: 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Thank you dear!
Haba! They make it sound like if you ain't a "born again" christian, then you can never know never know God's will in choosing your life partner. They make it seem like being "born again" guarantees a successful relationship and if you are not born again your marriage or relationship is bound to fell!

What of those who are not Christians? What of those who are not born again? Yet their relationship and marriages have been successful?

No offence, but I think so many people have allowed being born again to take away their common sense.
vivian chinaza:

Thank you dear!
Haba! They make it sound like if you ain't a "born again" christian, then you can never know never know God's will in choosing your life partner. They make it seem like being "born again" guarantees a successful relationship and if you are not born again your marriage or relationship is bound to fell!

What of those who are not Christians? What of those who are not born again? Yet their relationship and marriages have been successful?

No offence, but I think so many people have allowed being born again to take away their common sense.
vivian chinaza:

Thank you dear!

Prov 3:4,5 "If you want favor with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgement and COMMON SENSE, then trust the Lord completely; don't ever trust yourself." - The Living Bible

2 Likes

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by PriestofGod1: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
Boomark: "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord."

Are we not the ones to look and find?

Finally, i want bible based proof that God is involved in finding wife/husband for us. And if some people will be left unmarried because God did not chose them.

When you read Gen 24, you will see clearly that God is involve in finding a wife or husband for those who rely on him.

You can never see the reason to trust God for a wife or husband untill you come to know God's primary purpose for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Taiwo20(m): 9:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
Adam chop the agbalumo wey eve im babe give am,when Baba God come show he said: 'na the babe wey u give me,give me fruit chop'
God now said ehn-ehn! Na so. He then decide later man is on his own as per woman runs... And so he wrote....'He who FINDS a wife,findeth a good thing'

If i wan yarn the sermon in full details we need to see in my church then
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Babycake(m): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
How do i explain this:
The girl who happen to be the PERFECT WILL of God for me is not just interested in me.
We've been on&off for years....No visit from her.No call to just say hello.We only meet at eateries.
Friends and family have advised me to do away with her because it's VERY obvious the Girl did not like me.....and yet She's the will of God for me.

NB:We are both xtian.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by gseintegrity(m): 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
WOW! I never knew this topic could be further expatiated from different directions. Thanks to ya all. But now, questions about 'freewill' is somehow confusing. Some stated that finding God's will is not backed up by the scriptures and we are free to choose but someone also said part of freewill is allowing God to choose for us. I think I need people to share more views on the concept of freewill. God blesses you.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Gracious10: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
Babycake: How do i explain this:
The girl who happen to be the PERFECT WILL of God for me is not just interested in me.
We've been on&off for years....No visit from her.No call to just say hello.We only meet at eateries.
Friends and family have advised me to do away with her because it's VERY obvious the Girl did not like me.....and yet She's the will of God for me.

NB:We are both xtian.

LOL. That must be Hell of a "will" ! Really never belived that. I just didn't marry men who claimed to be Gods will for me. It will be nice if u can explain how u came about her being the will of God for you.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
Gracious10:

LOL. That must be Hell of a "will" ! Really never belived that. I just didn't marry men who claimed to be Gods will for me. It will be nice if u can explain how u came about her being the will of God for you.
trust me if he were to explain how he came across such "will" of God, you would be more confused than ever..
the way these folks are going on about this "will" matter, its almost as if there is no place for Love anymore..

please for those people who have found the "will" of God, kindly tell us how it looks like so we can know.

MY GOD IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION O....
will ko william ni grin grin

get real people joor undecided
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by MrsChima(f): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
Boomark:

I just want to know where they will pick it from. Its origin is not from the bible.

He has given us freewill to chose and to be good people. If you are good and the person you meet is good, your marriage will prosper.

Exactly.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by MrsChima(f): 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
gse-integrity:
WOW! I never knew this topic could be further expatiated from different directions. Thanks to ya all. But now, questions about 'freewill' is somehow confusing. Some stated that finding God's will is not backed up by the scriptures and we are free to choose but someone also said part of freewill is allowing God to choose for us. I think I need people to share more views on the concept of freewill. God blesses you.

People are confusing submitting to God as allowing God to choose for them. The bible spoke volumes about submitting to God but it said NOTHING about God choosing mates for people...if that was the case then why would He tell man to find a wife and obtain favor in him It is simple as that..there is no OTHER DEFINITION FOR FIND.

God will direct you but HE will not CHOOSE FOR YOU. It is important that we know basic definitions of many vocabularies.

The Most High isn't confused...humans are.
One more thing that Christians SHOULD HAVE KNOWN...the sole purpose of FREE WILL is to JUDGE YOU DURING JUDGEMENT DAY. If God chooses for you then HE CAN'T JUDGE YOU.

That's like a mother spanking a child for accepting a piece of candy from her!

Common sense.

5 Likes

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by MrsChima(f): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2012
From my personal standpoint....my husband approached me and we became friends through our friendship we decided to elevate our relationship further through engagement and then we got married.

My husband is my best friend and I do not regret my decision and choice to marry my husband neither does he. We celebrated another anniversary some time ago and it is all good.

I didn't have to marry my husband...I could have marry someone else but it is all about personal choice in what we want and the level of our maturity when it come to marriage. It is about being equally yoked with someone that will carry you forever. It is about what type of marriage you want and how would you solve issues in your marriage.

Marriage isn't as simple as people say....it is a continuous partnership and if your team mate isn't on board with you...it will not last. I know a few people who say that God chose their partners but many of them aren't married today. It is all about using common sense and know yourself. If you know you are not ready for marriage...don't get into it. If you married for the wrong reasons...don't expect happiness. If you expect your marriage to be perfect...you will fail miserably.

If you accept that you are human and that you will take life as it comes then you will be okay.

1 Like

Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by dnawah(m): 12:05am On Oct 24, 2012
What is a will?the only will God have 4 us is heaven.get it 1st then every other things will + 2 u
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 24, 2012
Taiwo20: Adam chop the agbalumo wey eve im babe give am,when Baba God come show he said: 'na the babe wey u give me,give me fruit chop'
God now said ehn-ehn!
Na so. He then decide later man is on his own as per woman runs... And so he wrote....'He who FINDS a wife,findeth a good thing'

If i wan yarn the sermon in full details we need to see in my church then

LOL. smiley
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by lareine(f): 5:54am On Oct 24, 2012
belabela: @ Poster

You may find help here
http://frankviola.org/rethinkingthewill.pdf

Thanks so much for the link. It really helped. God bless you. If u have more links on this issue or any other u think may help, pls be kind to share.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by supereagle(m): 6:36am On Oct 24, 2012
gse-integrity:
Simple question: How do you know, choose or identify the person who's God's will for you in getting married? smiley
comments will be greatly appreciated.
Before you can know God's will in anything , you must have relationship with him(Bornagain). God leads his children(Romans8vs14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God)
God talks to his children through divers ways,but when you are His own, you will dicern His voice when He talks to you(Jonh8vs 47 He that is of God heareth God's words(voice): ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God;John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
God can choose to talk to you trough dream,a still smal voice, through His word,vision etc
Before you can know his will , you must sincerely pray to God to guide you ( Ps 143:8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee Vs 10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
Above all you must not have a carnal mind,God does not deal with a carnal man,Romans8vs5-8 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
If you need more help , let me know. I have lot, but time is not on my side.
Re: Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Thank you dear!

Your reply stems from the fact that you don't understand christianity. In Christianity, anything you do outside Christ, even if it looks good, is not a success. Success in any endeavour is determined not by money, fame, popularity, brilliance, etc but how we are able to obey God in all circumstances.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Test A Man's Love! / My Friend Is Being Sexually Harassed By Married Men At Her Work Place / Why Would You Want To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.