Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,574 members, 7,921,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:30 PM

The Vanity Of Life. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Vanity Of Life. (799 Views)

I Am In Tears! Vanity Upon Vanity! (PICTURE) / Evidence:material Things Are Vanity Upon Vanity / Best Moments Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vanity Of Life. by kulboy(m): 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
[b]I recall as a kid, that a man in my neighbourhood then became popular for engaging in money-rituals, just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude; You wouldn't even buy that car for N50K today.
I remember as a kid, my whole street gathered to watch a truck deliver a very large satellite dish to my neighbours' house. Today, a dish one tenth that size, delivers 5 times d value and can be found in almost every student's hostel rooms.
What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V-Booth, 505 Cocaine; all over taken by the Toyota Camry, Honda discussions, Infinity, and d rest( wink )....... VANITY !!
A friend once declared drinks for the boys, just because he had just launched the Nokia Communicator for over a hundred grand in 2002. Today, that phone wud embarass the owner, and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone.
What about the MTN sim-card that many people had to go extra miles, before they could purchase it for over N30K, today you will not even buy it @ N200.
People are still making the most amazing sacrifices over the VAINEST of things.... Selling their bodies (runs), money-rituals, cyber-crimes, e.t.c; making enemies over worthless material things,But, what can I say
Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today, and see what becomes of it tomorrow. Slow down with the sense of attachment and blind pursuit of things, for todays' "gold" is tomorrows' "copper"....look up 2 God 4 He changeth not, Even if all eternity comes to an end.[/b]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Vanity Of Life. by kulboy(m): 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
Opinions welcomed people......
Re: The Vanity Of Life. by kulboy(m): 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
share your views people
Re: The Vanity Of Life. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
so true, lot of things we go crazy of in life dose not really matter to us after sometime. How are you doing kb
Re: The Vanity Of Life. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
But... Your profile pic. Have your iPhone and gold watch become tomorrow's copper yet? grin

In truth, we are all a little vain, even where we have few belongings but pride ourselves on that fact. But money rituals are ridiculous period.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If The World Actually Ends In 2 Days??? / I Thought They Have Directed All Banks To Stop Atm Charges / All About Mtn And What You Need To No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.