Stats: 3,173,699 members, 7,889,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:11 AM

Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth (6165 Views)

Commotion At Ondo Polling Unit / Akinwunmi Ambode At His Polling Booth / Mimiko Lashes Out At Ondo PDP Exco (2) (3) (4)

Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by mukina2: 2:00am On Oct 21, 2012
The police on Saturday arrested two persons in possession of N1 million and instructional materials on how to vote with the inscription of the Peoples Democratic Party.

The Commissioner of Police deployed for the governorship election in Ondo State, Mr. Mohammed Ndabawa, told our corespondent on the telephone that two persons were arrested at a polling unit in Owo town.

But he did not disclose the identities of the suspects.

Ndabawa, who said the election was peaceful stated that nobody was caught with any arms as at the time of filing the report around 7pm.

He said that there was no violence while commending the police and other security personnel for a job well done.

He said, “I think you can see that there was no violence. The election was peaceful and I think you people should commend us but if you don’t commend us, we will commend ourselves.”

http://www.punchng.com/ondo-decides-2012/police-arrest-two-with-n1m-at-polling-booth/
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by onila(f): 2:01am On Oct 21, 2012
lol naija 4 life!
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by kenbee(f): 2:18am On Oct 21, 2012
Another Tinubu's ACN Abrakadabra!
Thank God the Ondo people didn't vote along Party line.

Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by adefash(m): 2:30am On Oct 21, 2012
Them sitdon there count the money to no say na one milla? Lwkmd!
Any winch way police try sha.

Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by braine(m): 2:50am On Oct 21, 2012
Bribe money which I believe the police weren't given their share.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by sesanrota(m): 2:52am On Oct 21, 2012
kenbee: Another Tinubu's ACN Abrakadabra!

Was there anywhere they mention ACN in this article or you need SAFETY GOGGLES

Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by kenbee(f): 3:17am On Oct 21, 2012
sesanrota:

Was there anywhere they mention ACN in this article or you need SAFETY GOGGLES
What an Elder man visualise while lying down, even if a kid like U climbs Mt Everest, U sure not gonna see it. Thats why it remain ''Abrakadabra'' to ur likes.

Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Bright2(m): 3:39am On Oct 21, 2012
They all does thesame thing,the highest riger among them all wins the election.That's Nigeria politics for you,no fear of God in it.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by nairaman66(m): 3:46am On Oct 21, 2012

He said, “I think you can see that there was no violence. The election was peaceful and I think you people should commend us but if you don’t commend us, we will commend ourselves.”

Mtcheew! Praise yourselves indeed, because no bribe money was offered!
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Igweka(m): 4:07am On Oct 21, 2012
nairaman66:

Do u think that all police officer take bribe,if police is the problem Niaja,the solution is simple. Look for Niaja problem and tackle it leave police alone.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Igweka(m): 4:08am On Oct 21, 2012
nairaman66:

Do u think that all police officer take bribe,if police is the problem of Niaja,the solution is simple. Look for Niaja problem and tackle it leave police alone.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 21, 2012
thank God. Oya next thread jare
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 21, 2012
Ondo people are so enlightend. They vote personality not party and datz how labour party came in d 1st palce. A party dat wx forned 4 monthz in2 d general electionz in 2007 and wx able to unseat a siting governor wt power frm above to add. Mimiko has philosophical and psychological connect wt d people. He knowz d people & d people know him. I shuder to wonder y a political salez boy who people barely knew wx from ondo state even wen he wx NBA chairman will come frm ibadan where he registerd & voted in ibadan in 2011 to be governor in ondo state in 2013. Hahbah. Which kain abracadabra dem be wan perform..

Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 21, 2012
nairaman66:

Mumu, go join police nah.. A Fool who never seez anytin good in otherz is born by a fool.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by aljharem(m): 6:43am On Oct 21, 2012
torhuke:
Mumu, go join police nah.. A Fool who never seez anytin good in otherz is born by a fool.

Mr "I am a yorubaman" how far na
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Twhizzy1993(m): 6:45am On Oct 21, 2012
iroko lo ni vote
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 21, 2012
Congrats to the Winner. The wish of the people should prevail. Asiwaju, sorry you lost to a lesser corrupt evil.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Angel778(f): 7:19am On Oct 21, 2012
PDP not ACN. Al the people caught are PDP
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by slimyem: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2012
Bright2: They all does thesame thing,the highest riger among them all wins the election.That's Nigeria politics for you,no fear of God in it.
forget that thing!!
If there was any rigging in this election,it was at a very minimal level...
The people's vote is counting in this case!
Sorry if you believe otherwise!!
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Walexz02(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2012
I wonder Y pple tink 9j wil nver change I blieve theres no riggin.8-)
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Walexz02(m): 8:00am On Oct 21, 2012
Twhizzy1993: iroko lo ni vote
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Walexz02(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2012
Twhizzy1993: iroko lo ni vote
U sef no dey always dey 4 ncaforum na.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by ihebrooke(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2012
Pdp and their money sharing antics. I hope they won't succeed this time.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Zulele: 8:59am On Oct 21, 2012
Idiaot!
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2012
This story sounds fishy.
1st of all, if you are being bribed to rig an election why would you accept cash payment of such sum and still take it to the election venue?
2ndly, they were caught with instructions on how to vote for PDP. Really? So you'll give N1m to an illiterate voter? Hmmm.
Anyway, i'll commend the police on this one sha. I believe with time we'll do away with election rigging in this country, God willing and with our collective efforts. . .
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Belmot(m): 10:43am On Oct 21, 2012
brokoto: This story sounds fishy.
1st of all, if you are being bribed to rig an election why would you accept cash payment of such sum and still take it to the election venue?
2ndly, they were caught with instructions on how to vote for PDP. Really? So you'll give N1m to an illiterate voter? Hmmm.
Anyway, i'll commend the police on this one sha. I believe with time we'll do away with election rigging in this country, God willing and with our collective efforts. . .
Take your time to read properly,those guys are going to share the to people willing to vote for PDP.
Re: Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
Belmot: Take your time to read properly,those guys are going to share the to people willing to vote for PDP.
oga where in the article was it stated as such? Or did you just assume it? The story specifically stated that two persons were arrested with the sum of money and instructional materials on how to vote for PDP. Where did you see the sharing part? Or were you at the scene of the incident?

Akeredolu Appoints Interim Chairmen For 18 Lgs / Ekiti 2023: My Campaign Will Be Issue-Based, Oyebanji Assures / Labour Party Alleges Discrimination In Anambra