Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,091 members, 7,939,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:28 AM

Religon, Science And The Nigerian Mind. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religon, Science And The Nigerian Mind. (604 Views)

Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind / PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} / Bini Or Esan Traditional Religon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religon, Science And The Nigerian Mind. by Santi222(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2012
Nigerians are said to be one of the most religous people on earth.. This raises many questions in my mind, some of which are in a way related to the present circumstances in this country. I'd like help in answering some questions, I've really been beleaguered by them. So my fellow learned Nairalanders, your opinions please. No bashing or insults allowed.
1. Does a total belief in the concept of an all powerful and infinite God, limit our mental capabilities?
2. Does it make us lazy, taking our thinking back to the stone age era, in which all phenomena were seen as the work of the gods?
3. Even if we have understood some of science and nature, and believed that its the work of an all powerful God, then what next? Sit back and relax?
4. How do we relate our belief in God to with that in Science?
Please I'm no atheist.. On the contrary, I'm a strong theist. I'm just thinking out aloud. Maybe answers to these would help boost my faith and solve a few problems in Nigeria as undeniably our problems are mostly psychological.

(1) (Reply)

How Come Nigerians Just Read The Bible Just For The Sake Of Regurgitating It ? / The Experience Season 7 / The Truth About Religion (epic Movie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.